Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-12-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair and Sting

Loss

• 1 month later...

Hogan and Bischoff were trying to reset things at this point and getting Ric Flair out of this angle was the first step. I can't say I disagree with that decision. Sting regrets letting Dean Malenko say what he himself should have been saying all this time. He talks about how Flair held him, Luger and the Steiners down ten years earlier. Ten years later, Ric is still here. He wants a match with Flair for control of the Presidency.

Flair: "You know what? My wife would like control!"

Flair agrees to do Sting vs David Flair tonight. If Sting beats David, then he can wrestle Flair. Sting is not above hurting David Flair to get to Ric.

Yay, Eric Bischoff is back to be annoying and heavy-handed.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Bischoff is godawful here--I get Flair is essentially being jobbed out but what good does it do to completely shit on him like this? Do they realize how insulting it is to try to portray Bischoff as a babyface after all of 1997 and '98? This isn't a good segment but it isn't terrible either, and god dammit, at least things seem to be *happening* on this show.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-07-12-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair and Sting