Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-17-MPPW-TV] Interview: Randy Hales / Interview: Memphis Mafia

Loss

• 1 month later...

After posting a performance bond, Doug Gilbert has been "100% reinstated" and can even be on TV. Memphis Mafia comes out so Hales decides to get out of dodge. Doug celebrates in the studio. Wolfie D's hubcap says "MY FINISH" on it - awesome! Dirty White Boy promises to get Dirty White Girl back tonight. Tommy Rich also hypes a barbed wire match. The Mafia may bleed, but BSK will sure bleed a lot more. Doug says he did not pay the performance bond and Dave says someone did. It turns out Rich did it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

For a second I thought this was going to be THAT Doug Gilbert promo, which says something about how unhinged Doug comes across as. But he's still with the storyline at the moment, and Rich's timid "I let him borrow some money" explanation for how the bond got paid is amusing. These have been some well-built-to New Daisy main events and I wish we had more clips from there.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-07-17-MPPW-TV] Interview: Randy Hales / Interview: Memphis Mafia