Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-08-14-WCW-Road Wild] Randy Savage vs Dennis Rodman

Loss

• 1 month later...

This match is pretty awful. I don't see the good that has been talked about in this one at all. They end up brawling away from the ring and Savage throws Rodman in a port-o-potty and tips it over in the "highlight" of the match. Savage tried at this point, but he just had nothing at all in the tank anymore.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I thought this was fun for what they were going for. The action felt personal which helps excuse some of the sloppiness. The port o potty spot is memorable. The crowd really sucks ass here not paying attention or reacting to much of anything until they go backstage. Then they chant bull shit. Savage picking up the win felt like the smart move and him and George are reunited. My favorite thing Savage has done in 1999. ***

• 1 year later...

I knew this match had a rep from way back when but even with those raised expectations this surprised me in how enjoyable it was. It's methodical, but when they're actually working with each other they're really laying the moves in, and a lot of this has the feel of an honest-to-God fight. Rodman takes some pretty crazy bumps for a non-wrestler as well. Savage can't do much but he does give us one more back-body-drop-to-the-floor bump, perhaps for the last time. After a horrible year, Savage manages to go out on more or less a high note. Fun match.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-08-14-WCW-Road Wild] Randy Savage vs Dennis Rodman