Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-08-21-ECW-TV] Steve Corino vs Jazz

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. I've talked about the WCW aesthetic before and this definitely looks like a WCW Worldwide taping from years earlier. This is worked similarly to Luna vs Stevie Richards a few years earlier. Francine runs in and does some damage to Corino and we get studio Bronco busters on him and Jack Victory. Tajiri shows up post-match to attack Dreamer and mist the women. Taz comes out just as the show goes off the air.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Corino is still not looking strong at all. The finish here was fine with Francine coming in but overall I was disappointed in the way most of this was presented. Tajiri still has a cool vibe with the mist and that was the highlight with the crowd chanting for Taz. I wonder why they were so hasty with Tajiri vs. Taz at Heatwave as they seem to be setting it up as the big feud for the future.

• 1 year later...

I still wish Corino could be a bit more of a physical threat rather than just a schemer. Jason's around, after all. Under the circumstances this is okay action, but the Tajiri push seems a bit late after he was definitively vanquished at Heat Wave, and the buried-in-the-Japanese-flag stuff is something out of 1986 if not earlier.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-08-21-ECW-TV] Steve Corino vs Jazz