Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-09-03-ECW-TNN] Taz vs Taijiri

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I thought this was garbage. Once again we get Joey telling us how different this is. I don't know Joey, feels like another 5 minute tv main event to me. After watching all these years, Joey is up there with Chono and Muto as my most disappointing people of the 90's. Tajiri had been built up so well the past two weeks and just like that, taz definitively defeats him.

• 1 year later...

This ring announcer needs a sedative. Okay competitive squash though Tajiri does come off as a bit of an ineffective ninny. The goal at this point was to quickly build Taz as a mountain for RVD to climb before he was off to the WWF, but obviously...you know, plans changed. As someone who's shat on Joey more than anyone else on this board I'll say this was one of his less offensive performances.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-09-03-ECW-TNN] Taz vs Taijiri
  • 1 year later...

A very fun exciting match between two of ECW's best at the time. This was really a showcase match that really showed that ECW could be more than bloody brawls. I think they wanted to show something that looked like an actual "wrestling" match and frankly the big two weren't doing anything like this at the time. )Only the Benoit vs Bret Owen Tribute match was the only thing I recall being close to this style).

As far as Tajiri looking weak, he really had not been around long enough to take Taz to the limit but, it did show that his kicks could get the job done. The ending sequence played off this while still showing Taz as the dominant World Champ. Taz cutting Tajiri off with his signature slams and suplexes was pretty great.

This is up on the 'tube and is great for a quick ECW fix :)