Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-09-11-KAW-TV] Interview: Terry Golden

Loss

• 1 month later...

Sit down interview with this Terry Golden fellow that every heel in KAW hates so much. I can sort of see why. He puts over the KAW crew as the renegade company pushing great workers who work outlaw shows all over the south while Lawler, Dundee and Jarrett created an environment of nepotism. Lots of swearing and insider terms. This interview serves as a really interesting and somewhat cynical take on Memphis wrestling history. He wants a match with Bill Dundee. Dundee can choose the match and he'll put everything he has on the line, and only wants one thing in return, but will not say what it is for some reason. That's odd.

• 7 months later...

Well Terry Golden was the Randy Hales of KAW except he actually wrestled. Terry channels Shane Douglas with his bitching and moaning of Lawler, Dundee and Jarrett and how the sons of all 3 men got jobs so easily while he had to do it the hard way. Some of what he says is right on but Terry Golden was so hateable. Plus he was a lot like Lawler where he made himself(the owner) the champion after Bull Pain no showed.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jesus Christ, I was ready to go to the next disc after this. Terry NEVER SHUTS UP, and then when the scuzzy interviewer finally tries to move him along and ask what he wants from Dundee..."I don't want to say right now." FUCK ME. There's a kernel of a compelling promo here but it needed to be about 1/3 the length. Shane Douglas would have been asking for Terry to wrap it up before this was over.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-09-11-KAW-TV] Interview: Terry Golden