Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-10-01-ECW-TNN] Tommy Dreamer vs Yoshihiro Taijiri

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

It's rough watching Dreamer matches around this time cause you know he's so injured with his bad back. It's like watching current day Super Porky matches. This was one of his better matches as he mostly sold and Tajiri was so good in 99 he could carry it. Dreamer wearing all gray was weird and I'm not sure how good it was for Corino to take bumps from Francine. Still, not a bad match at all.

• 2 years later...

I liked this a good deal and think it is a feather in Tajiri's cap for him to get this much of an engaging match out of Dreamer at this point. Corino and Francine were also fun around ringside. ECW has had a couple of good episodes on TV and has a decent niche of being the best on screen tv of the big three at the moment in ring which is odd to consider. *** (6.2)

• 2 months later...

Tajiri is great, but Dreamer to his credit did seem motivated to put on an actual good match knowing who his opponent was, and he did a good job of mocking Tajiri's mannerisms and his offense. This match had a few twists and turns that'll keep you guessing and I don't mind the story of Raven tormenting Dreamer as his tag partner. It's at least a bit of a spin on the otherwise played-out bickering-tag-champs angles of the late '90s.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-10-01-ECW-TNN] Tommy Dreamer vs Yoshihiro Taijiri