Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-11-04-WWF-Smackdown] DX and Vince McMahon

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

DX gloats about how loved they are. X-Pac's Tommy Hilfiger overalls are remarkably douchey. They are definitely over as babyfaces with this crowd until they start dissing The Rock. We see clips of Vince accidentally (Or was it?) hitting Shane with the belt when he was aiming for HHH. HHH tries to mock Jim Ross's accent and it somehow comes out as a British Southerner. They introduce their newest member - Vince McMahon. Vince laughs that off by saying he'd rather to go to WCW than join DX. Vince makes the elimination tag main event for the evening: DX vs Austin/Rock/Shane/Kane. Good stuff.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

ANOTHER instance of DX recapping Raw? Jesus, how stuck for time WERE they? No wonder Loss and Will skipped most of that episode.

Supposedly live, Vince first said, "I'd rather join the Ku Klux Klan than join DX!" That didn't get a good response, leading to the much better line we see here. Vince gives us a hell of a hook for the rest of the show.

Oh, and no big deal for next Smackdown--just an appearance by Schwarzenegger.

The WWF hasn't lost a beat from a business standpoint, but even if I'm not a big fan of the DX reunion, quality-wise they now seem to be turning a corner.

• 3 months later...

Best fuck up of a Southern accent I have ever heard. I laughed so hard. There is some controversy over whether when Vince hit Shane with the belt if that was an accident. D-X claims Vince as their new member. Vince says he would rather join the Girl Scouts but the mic is fucked up. So he tries again and this time he says I would rather join WCW to a huge pop. Good line.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-11-04-WWF-Smackdown] DX and Vince McMahon