Pro Wrestling Only

NEW GHC Champion.....

Mad Dog

NOAH "3rd Great Voyage", 11/5/05 (NTV/G+ Live)

Tokyo Nippon Budokan

16,600 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Tamon Honda, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Mitsuo Momota beat Jun Izumida, Kishin Kawabata & SUWA (7:39) when Honda used the Dead End on Kawabata.

2. Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue & Takashi Sugiura beat Yoshinari Ogawa, Kentaro Shiga & Ricky Marvin (14:07) when Inoue used an Argentine Backbreaker on Shiga.

3. Takuma Sano beat Mushiking Terry (14:07) with a Northern Light bomb.

4. Jun Akiyama & Shiro Koshinaka beat Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji (17:39) when Akiyama used the Sternness Dust Gamma on Marufuji.

5. GHC Hardcore Openweight Title: Scorpio © beat Yoshinobu Kanemaru (12:33) with the 450 Splash (1st defense).

6. Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima beat Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiosaki (24:58) when Sasaki used a lariat on Shiosaki.

7. Mitsuharu Misawa beat Genichiro Tenryu (14:27) with a running elbow smash.

8. GHC Tag Team Title: Mohammed Yone & Takeshi Morishima © beat KENTA & Katsuyori Shibata (27:50) when Morishima used a backdrop on KENTA (1st defense).

9. GHC Heavyweight Title: Akira Taue beat Takeshi Rikio © (20:43) with the Ore Ga Taue to become the 8th champion.

Posted Image

In fairness to NOAH, Taue is insanely over. To bash them, if they were going to actually going to win the title it should've been last September when Kobashi's reign was starting to get old. Sacrificing your next big thing to an old timer is not smart booking. Especially when losing to Taue is a definate step behind beating Kobashi and Misawa.

I expect this to be a short reign. 1 defense max.

That's a really good shot of Taue, with the fans celebrating behind him.

Taue facing Kawada and losing to him seems like a good road to travel with NOAH right now.

The Hardcore Openweight title was I believe started by Jun Akiyama. All title matches have a 15 minute time limit and if time expires then the Champion loses the match and the belt.

Scorpio is fairly over in Japan still, having just held the Tag Titles with Doug Williams not to long ago.

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. "Hardcore" is apropos, because it sounds about as credible as the WWF Hardcore title.

Guest Mike Campbell

The 15 minute time limit deal with the GHC Hardcore matches has since been dropped. The match Scorpio won the title in, went almost 30.

I think it's smart booking in a way. Rikio wasn't working out as champion, I've not yet seen his match with Misawa, but the best defense was his Tanahashi one from the Dome, which hardly set the world on fire. Taue, is insanely over with the fans, and has proven that when the situation calls for it, he can still go with the best of them. I think it's hardly a coincidence that (IMO) the two best heavyweight singles matches in NOAH history both involved Taue (vs. Nagata 6/6/03 and vs. Kobashi 9/10/04). That said, I doubt he'll have a very long reign, but it's nice to see him get one before he winds down and calls it a career.