Pro Wrestling Only

Christian signs with TNA

sek69

From TNA's website:

"Major Acquisition" To Appear For TNA This Sunday At "Genesis"

November 8th, 2005 16:44

On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.

When reached for comment, TNA President Dixie Carter offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Carter said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".

Then in his update, Meltz added:

--Just to stop silly rumors, the person teased by TNA in its release today about the biggest signing ever is Christian, not a mystery guy out of the blue or an attempt at bait & switch with poor delivery.

Guest Famous Mortimer

If I were WWE, I'd pay anyone I was thinking of letting go to sit on their hands for a year. Now is a dangerous time to be letting talent of that sort go.

I was saying the same thing Mort. I was thinking they need to lock some of the bigger names up, and sit any prospects in OVW (and maybe get another territory going) as long as they can. But this cost-cutting is not the way to go.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

I wonder how TNA will deal with this.

They clearly have long term plans that they want to stick to. JJ vs. Monty Brown looks to be it. When they gave Rhyno the title only to give it back to JJ a few nights later, it showed that they want to stay on a certain path. Something like Christian in TNA _should_ mess up their plans on top, because he's a big name and he should be playing with the boys on top... but how committed is TNA to their planned storyline? Will they ultimately push Christian aside for Brown/Jarrett, or will they rewrite the whole thing and start anew?

And how new is this to TNA? Have they been talking to Christian for the past couple of months? I imagine they could have contacted him if they wanted to, could it be possible that they have Christian already figured in to their long term plans? Unlikely, but it is something to think about.

Guest teke184

My guess is that Christian will be a babyface challenger getting constantly ducked by Jarrett, who loses a match to Monty at a big PPV.

At that point, something will happen to where Christian challenges Monty and ends up going heel, winning the belt, and setting up a program for Monty to chase the belt again.

I'm feeling that's what they'll do because someone big and strong like Monty is probably like Steve Austin in a way.

By that I mean that he's probably a much better *CHALLENGER* for a title than he is a champion.

Austin's big-money programs were usually with him trying to regain the belt rather than him defending the title.

Guest Cam Chaos

"Born Again" T-shirts. Nuff said.

That was just too easy. It'd piss off AJ, but fuck him.

If Aj was going to beat the shit out of Kid Kash before he left for comments in Power Slam magazine and has no problems with "The Fallen Angel" who is one of his best buds, I doubt he's devout enough to really stand in the way of something like that.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

My guess is that Christian will be a babyface challenger getting constantly ducked by Jarrett, who loses a match to Monty at a big PPV.

At that point, something will happen to where Christian challenges Monty and ends up going heel, winning the belt, and setting up a program for Monty to chase the belt again.

I'm feeling that's what they'll do because someone big and strong like Monty is probably like Steve Austin in a way.

By that I mean that he's probably a much better *CHALLENGER* for a title than he is a champion.

Austin's big-money programs were usually with him trying to regain the belt rather than him defending the title.

Babyface Christian? Thats sillier than Tacos without Taco Shells.

Why does he HAVE to be in the mainevent or in a title match. Hes a big enough name to be in the upper midcard and carry it with only a lil bit if help. Maybe he'll end up in the X Division.

Tian VS Styles, Samoa Joe, Sabu, or Hardy jus for old times sake are matches that would help influence alot of wrestling fans to watch and buy PPVs.

He be in TNA, not be misused without being the headliner for every show.

Yes, but keeping Jarrett on top while Christian is right there does seem sort of silly. They probably do need to stay the course right now with their long term plans, but they should also speed up the path to Jarrett/Brown so they can quickly get Christian in a more high-profile spot.

I have a funny feeling that any plans for Monty Brown to win the NWA title off Jarrett will be scrapped again so they can do a lengthy Jarrett vs Christian program, which really is the worst use for Christian as he should be used to give Styles, Joe, Daniels and Brown the star rub, rather than be Jarrett's new opponent to leech heat from.

I think that's a non factor, as Jeff is supposed to be giving the old sob story to the Carters about how he knew nothing about it and about how ashamed he was that his father could do such a thing and I think they believe him. Even if they don't trust Jeff he's still the third most powerful person in the company, so they need to try and keep him happy to maintain a good working relationship with him. I think Jeff will continue to be a headliner for the company until ratings and PPV buy rates stagnate with him on top.

Guest Jack D. Ripper

Jarret winning with his usual tactics gets attacked by Christian, who then rants about never again sitting back and allowing one man to put himself above the good of the company at the expense of the other workers.

Jarret/Brown could continue and Christian could still work with the X guys or Raven while keeping JJ in check. It would put Christian in the ME scene, without having to be in ME matches.

Guest Dangerous A

I have a funny feeling that any plans for Monty Brown to win the NWA title off Jarrett will be scrapped again so they can do a lengthy Jarrett vs Christian program, which really is the worst use for Christian as he should be used to give Styles, Joe, Daniels and Brown the star rub, rather than be Jarrett's new opponent to leech heat from.

Thing is Christian will tower over the X Division guys. That is not what is needed to get over. The X Division is fine except the lack of personality development past Joe, Daniels, and AJ. Christian needs to help bolster the heavyweight division, which is lacking big time.

I wonder if TNA has any interest in Jim Cornette? If they could get D'Amore & Borash off the writing team, Jarrett wouldn't be the Triple H of TNA anymore.

Cornette and Jerry Jarrett are good friends, which means he's probably friendly with Jeff as well. Cornette booking would lead to a better TNA with better presentation, but Jarrett would probably still have his spot. Cornette has often defended bookers for pushing themselves in the past, claiming that what people overlook is that a lot of people put themselves in that position because they know that they aren't leaving the company, they'll do the angle or match the way it's wanted to be done and they can trust themselves. Cornette is not the solution to Problem Jarrett.