Pro Wrestling Only

Christian's not the only Canadian talking to TNA

sek69

Bret Hart met with Scott D'Amore, Jeremy Borash and other TNA officials last weekend in New York, to discuss working together in the future. Borash and Hart are close and D'Amore's Border City Wrestling promotion hosted a Hart Foundation reunion earlier this year.

Guest savagerulz

As an on air character he adds nothing to any promotion in any more than a one off show, which he'd probably cost too much to book anyway. He can't wrestle and it bugs me how often people talk about "yesss but what if he came back for one last match with shawnzzz!!!, that would be hawwtttt". I wish people would understand that he can't.

I don't see him adding anything to TNA on screen at all, nothing, and I'd be disappointed to see them use him.

Off screen, I'm sure he'd be great to have backstage in some sort of role. Just depends what he's looking for I guess.

Guest EastCoastJ

This was was a wee bit sensationalized by whoever reported it I would guess. Bret Hart and Jeremy Borash are close friends, and they both happened to be at the same convention in NYC last weekend. If Hart got together with him, I would guess that it was a 99% personal meeting with a mention or two of working together in the future at TNA in a "wouldn't that be fun" tone.

Bret has said in a couple of radio interviews that he would like to work with TNA in some capacity to help them.

Off the top of my head, I can see him managing a team of Canadian kids in a feud against Team Canada, or taking Larry Zybsco's place as the NWA Director of Authority.

I think Bret being involved with TNA would be a HUGE coup for TNA, based on name recognition alone. His face on the shows would probably convince a lot of people to tune in and see him, even if he wasn't wrestling.

Besides...and I know this is WAY out there...he has said two things in interviews that I have seen. Firstly...he would like to see if he would be able to wrestle again as a challenge to himself, to see how much he has recovered from his stroke. He has also said he would never appear in a WWE ring again. He has been resolute in saying that...that he will never work for the WWE...but he has said that the way his career ended has left a bad taste in his mouth. He wanted to go out on his terms. I would say one last match is very possible.

If the rumors are true and Benoit could end up in TNA as well...then anything is possible. Of course, this whole line of thought involves a hell of a lot of speculation and wishful thinking.

I would think if WWE was dumb enough to let Benoit's deal expire and he went to TNA, Bret would go there to have a final match so he can end his in ring career on his terms. If Bret's still in any kind of shape (and it appears he is), Benoit would be able to carry him if he had to.

I'd wager that's what the discussion was. Bret probably told them to give him a call if they land Benoit.

I agree that Bret would be a good manager type, since TNA seems to be the only place left that still incorporates old school male managers.

Guest Famous Mortimer

So what's the latest on Benoit? Any Torch or Observer subscribers have any more news than's here? That contract deadline must be drawing closer.

Guest savagerulz

I would think if WWE was dumb enough to let Benoit's deal expire and he went to TNA, Bret would go there to have a final match so he can end his in ring career on his terms. If Bret's still in any kind of shape (and it appears he is), Benoit would be able to carry him if he had to

Why do people think he's still in any kind of shape though? He's had a stroke, and had concussion's force him to retire. He was told then he couldn't have "one more match", and he's had a stroke since then. He can't wrestle, and that comes regularly from his own mouth not just other people's.

I agree that Bret would be a good manager type, since TNA seems to be the only place left  that still incorporates old school male managers.

Personally I think Bret would make a horrible manager. This is why I don't think he's good in any non wrestling role, he has much less charisma than people seemed to think. On the mic, a fair portion of a manager's duties, he's bland and uninspiring and often scuffed his words, in terms of in that "manager's role" of nobbing about cheating etc, I don't remember him ever being overly good at that either.

And if Bret's one last match was him Vs Benoit, I'd rather remember the one he had with him in Owen's memory, than two guys trying to put each other over when neither of them needs it at this point in his career. I know it's unlikely, and wouldn't work, but I'd rather see Bret put over someone like Petey Williams.

Bret can not ever come back. He suffered a zillion concussions in a two week period, he's suffered a stroke and he's 48 years old, not having worked a match in almost six years, and not having worked a match at the level people would expect in even longer. It's best for Bret to just let people remember him the way he was instead of the way he is now.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

My way of bringing back Bret in WWE would be transfered similarly to TNA.

Have Scott D'amore claim for weeks and weeks and weeks that he's got a "special friend", an "excellent friend", "the best friend there is, was, and ever will be" and that that friend will be showing up on a TV special. Then have someone, say Rhyno or Christian, say they know Bret Hart, and that D'Amore is full of shit. D'Amore is relentless though, promising Bret is going to show up. On that show, have D'Amore have Bobby Roode dress up like Bret. Rhyno/Christian comes out, beats up Roode, and says that's not the real Bret Hart...THIS is the real Bret Hart... and have Hart come out and deck D'Amore. Hart can cut a promo about the Hart Foundation, Owen, Davy, Pillman, etc. and how Team Canada is nothing but a cheap rip-off. Then he thanks Rhyno/Christian for calling him up and inviting him to the show - Brets been watching the shows and didn't like how D'Amore was making false promises (Bret sorta knows about that kinda thing). Then you can set up Team Canada vs. The New Hart Foundation (for one time only), with Bret has the "head coach". I'd almost make it an Ironman match, 5 on 5. And Every week leading up to the big PPV match, Bret "trains" the 5 wrestlers in the dungeon.

I have seen Bret say in a television interview that he thinks he could get into good enough condition to have one last match, and that it bothers him that he had to retire on somebody else's terms not his. I have heard him say on a radio interview that it is far more interesting to him to consider working for TNA than the WWE as well. He has said he may appear on WWE television but never as part of an angle or storyline.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm not even saying it's a good idea...but these are things I have heard Bret say during interviews here in Toronto...so it's possible.

I'm not saying Bret having one more match would be a good idea, I'm just saying that Benoit would be the one guy who could make it work and not come off as embarrassing.

I agree that Bret would be better in an agent or creative role, but I don't think he'd be terrible in a manager role. If nothing else, it'd be someone fans would pay to see, and TNA can't have too many of those.