Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 6/29 - 7/5

Strummer

This week's NXT was middling at best.

Seeing Dash & Dawson get a little time to work was fun. The Vaudevillains as faces may be more fun than they are as heels. I hope they get a tag title run.

Emma getting one of her submissions back on Carmella was good booking, It's old school predictable so I would have never guessed it would happen on a WWE sponsored show. Not an awful match either.

They got scared with Baron and shifted him back to squash format. Way to kill his chances to learn. The fans aren't going to like him in longer matches because he shouldn't be in them. But if the push is necessary so is some seasoning and working those matches with a hostile crowd is what he's gonna have to do if he wants to get any better.

I'm intrigued as to who Sasha's partner will be and sad that Becky Lynch will be out for a while. I hope Sasha can get something out of Brooke as the de facto babyface. Strange booking switch there from the "Brooke hates Charlotte" angle. It's starting. WWE type booking is seeping in gradually, but mark my words it will take over the show.

Main event was predictable, but not awful. Everyone held up their end and Rhyno didn't stink the joint up. They did a nice tease of the opposite of expected to set up the Balor win going into his loss this morning.

Overall I think the injuries are really forcing some things to happen that would have waited a while. I don't understand the Sasha/EmmaBrooke/Charlotte booking yet, but I hope it's not what I think it is.

I'm at a hotel for the fourth (and thus can't watch Brock or Harley/Andre) so I am only seeing glimpses of stuff here on my phone between toddler wrangling and trying to find food. Thanks for debunking quickly.

Now someone tell me about Andre vs Harley. Phil started with a frigging Bull Ramos match