Pro Wrestling Only

Southwest Championship Wrestling Results

goc

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 10/3

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 10/8 in local markets

-Show intro-

steverstack1_zps2225fa25.jpg

Steve Stack: Welcome to another edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! We've got another exciting hour of action in store for you like we do every week on Southwest Championship Wrestling but before we get to any of that I have some news to get to. Last Sunday night's main event at the HemisFair Arena ended with Eddie Gilbert being carried out of the arena on a stretcher and we've been told Eddie Gilbert could be out of action for a number of weeks due to the head injury he suffered at the hands of David Von Erich and Sunshine's loaded purse. Due to those actions and Ken Lucas has been adamant about receiving a match with David Von Erich while The Fabulous Ones have been equally adamant about receiving their rematch for the Southwest Tag Team Titles and we'll have an announcement about how that has resulted in a very unique main event this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena.

We also saw a shocking end to the match between 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan and Mr. Saito when the Japanese photographer who was at ringside attacked Jim Duggan while he was outside the ring and broke his camera over Duggan's head, knocking Duggan out and causing him to be counted of the match. I've heard that the photographer is here today and that apparently he is actually going to be in competition against The Masked Wildfire! I always tell you ladies and gentlemen you really never know just what might happen here on Southwest Championship Wrestling! Don't go away because when we come back we'll hear from Mr. Saito and The Texas Dynasty and we'll see that Japanese photographer in action against The Masked Wildfire!

-First commercial break-

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! It's a full house out here now as I have The Texas Dynasty, Sunshine, Mr. Saito and his new associate the Japanese photographer with him.

DBAKk1n.jpg?12bST7lZ.jpg?1HjRidln.jpg?1
Mh6Eyz2.jpg?1yLLfsIq.jpg?1

Mr. Saito: You really so stupid Steve Stack? This man not photographer he a wrestler, another great wrestler from Japan like Mr. Saito. He call me and beg me please Saito teach me how be a great wrestler like you so I bring him here from Japan to learn under me. Now if he train hard he can be number two judo, number two karate and number two wrestler because I always be number one.

Steve Stack: Well I still don't even have a name for this young man, all I have here on my format sheet is "Japanese photographer" so could you please tell me his name.

Mr. Saito: His name Yoshi Seito.

Steve Stack: Oh, is he related to you?

Mr. Saito: You really are so stupid Steve Stack! You think all Japanese name sound alike? I told you his name Yoshi Seito! No Saito! Seito! Seito!

Steve Stack: I'm sorry! Well let me move on to the next subject then since I seemed to have upset you Mr. Saito. Tully Blanchard, you came up with a very unique match idea when you were told about all the challenges flying around after last Sunday night, why don't you go ahead and explain it yourself.

Tully Blanchard: You don't have the mental capacity to do it yourself? Isn't that your job? But don't worry Steve Stack, I'll do your job for you since if I let you explain it we'll be out here the whole hour listening to you stumble over yourself. Jim Duggan made a challenge to me last week, then he wanted a match with both Yoshi Seito and Mr. Saito after he a camera smashed over his fat head last Sunday. Then The Fabulous Ones are obviously chasing after us, desperate to have us prove once again how inferior they are to the greatest tag team in the world. On top of that, Ken Lucas is running around challenging David Von Erich for putting a little bump on Eddie Gilbert's head. Well I told Stanley Blackburn to give me ALL of them! The four of us standing right here, against the four of them in an 8 man tag team match.

Steve Stack: That's true but there was also a special stipulation that I've never quite heard of before that you wanted to be added on to the match.

Tully Blanchard: That's the brilliant part of it Steve Stack. You see their team all have different goals, different objectives but the four of us are united. And that's why I asked for this to be called "The Dream Match Challenge" because who ever wins the match, who ever gets the pinfall or submission for their team will be able to chose any match they want for themselves next week at The HemisFair Arena. So while they are going to fight and squabble among themselves over who is going to be the winner for their team, it doesn't matter for us. We're united. We all agreed on what match we're going to make regardless of who wins for our team.

Steve Stack: So what match are you going to choose if you win then?

David Von Erich: There is no if about it Steve Stack! We WILL win this Sunday night and after we do we're going to do what Sheik Adnan couldn't, we're going to get rid of 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan! Our dream match is the four of us in the ring beating down Jim Duggan until there is nothing left put a puddle of blood and in the end he'll be on his way OUT of Texas and professional wrestling forever.

Steve Stack: Why are you focusing on Jim Duggan instead of Ken Lucas or The Fabulous Ones? It almost seems like you're afraid of Jim Duggan, maybe he was right last week when he said that Tully is afraid to get in the ring with him with the Southwest Heavyweight Title on the line.

Tully Blanchard: Shut your mouth Steve Stack! I'm not afraid of anyone and I'll defend this title against any WORTHY competitors. But Jim Duggan is not worthy of a title shot. And beyond that, we want to do what Sheik Adnan spent all that money to do and couldn't get done. Adnan wants to talk trash about taking over MY state of Texas, well I'm going to prove my point just how much better Texans are than Iraqi Sheiks when I get the job done where he failed.

Steve Stack: Well gentleman I think this interview is about over, The Masked Wildfire is standing by waiting to face this man Yoshi SEITO in his debut here on Southwest Championship Wrestling.

Sunshine: I hope the next time we're out here you can stop staring at me like you've never seen a beautiful woman before.

David Von Erich: Well he's certainly never seen one as beautiful as you. Let's get away from here before all the blood rushes out of Steve Stack's head and he passes out.

Steve Stack: Thank you very much for that David, let's head down to the ring now.

The Masked Wildfire vs. Yoshi Seito -

Yoshi Seito bowed to Masked Wildfire before the match and then Masked Wildfire attempted to return the sign of respect with a handshake only to have Seito grab his hand and quickly put him into a hammerlock. Seito switched around to various different holds on the arm of the masked man from Hendersonville, TN until getting around behind him and putting him into a waistlock. Once Seito got Masked Wildfire waistlocked him picked him up and hit a nasty German Suplex on Masked Wildfire, dumping him on his head and bridging for the pinfall and the count of 3.

Steve Stack: That didn't take Yoshi Seito long to get the victory over The Masked Wildfire, you can certainly see this young man has been training with Mr. Saito. We have to take a break but when we come back we are going to talk to The Fabulous Ones about their big 8 man tag match this Sunday night and we'll also see Lord Alfred Hayes' newest recruit, Bulldog Brower in action against Jimmy Doo. Don't go away!

-Second commercial break-

4oPuTGq.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! With me now are the former Southwest Tag Team Champions, The Fabulous Ones! Stan and Steve, you two just heard from Tully Blanchard about the stipulations of this week's giant main event 8 man tag at The HemisFair Arena, what are your thoughts?

Steve Keirn: Quite frankly our thoughts are that we should be in a 4 man tag team match instead of an 8 man tag. We should be getting our rematch for the Southwest Tag Team Titles that we were robbed of but instead Tully has once again wormed his way out of defending a title, like he does every week with the Southwest Heavyweight Title, and now we're in this goofy farce of an 8 man tag. Do you know what being robbed of our Southwest Tag Team Titles has cost us Steve Stack? Last Saturday night we were in Canada, in Winnepeg, inside a Steel Cage with the AWA World Tag Team Champions The Wild Bills. And we BEAT THEM. But we don't have the World Tag Team Titles here because once we were robbed of our Southwest Tag Team Titles, The Wild Bills had their manager lobby Stanley Blackburn to get the titles taken off the tables since we were no longer the number one contenders.

Steve Stack: Well despite your frustrations over not getting your tag team title match, you have to at least be looking forward to the possibility of being able to pick whatever stipulation for your match next week if you're victorious in the 8 man tag. Have you given any thought to what you will you'll choose to do if one of you scores the win for your team Sunday night?

Stan Lane: Yes we have. And there is no if, either Steve or I are going to be the ones to get the pin this Sunday night, there is no question about that. There is nothing The Texas Dynasty, Mr. Saito or his little photographer friend can do about it. Or Ken Lucas or Jim Duggan for that matter. We're going to pin one of the 4 of those guys this Sunday night and after we do we're going to demand that Stanley Blackburn give us our title shot for the Southwest Tag Team Titles that we were robbed of. And this time we don't just want a match, we want a FIGHT! A Texas Tornado anything goes Street Fight and anyone who interferes in the match will be barred FOR LIFE from Southwest Championship Wrestling. So that means no Sunshine and her loaded purse, no Mr. Saito with his Saito Suplex, no young puppy pretending to be a photographer to hit us with a camera, just us and The Texas Dynasty in a FIGHT and that's OUR domain. We're fighters and there isn't a team on the planet who can beat us in a fight, especially not two cowards like The Texas Dynasty who have to hide behind anyone and everyone they can find to help them.

Steve Stack: Well gentleman I wish you luck this Sunday night, but I'm not sure your partners in the match are going to be so happy about what you had to say.

Steve Keirn: That's their problem, not ours.

-The Fabulous Ones leave and Lord Alfred Hayes comes in with Bulldog Brower

g0bsIrJ.jpg?1iGfnQxQ.jpg?1

Lord Alfred: Save your introduction Steven Stack, these people all know who I am. Allow me to introduce them the newest, and best, client that I have ever had under my employ, Bulldog Brower. This man has been terrorizing the wrestling world for 25 years, he's held championships all over the world.

Steve Stack: Lord Alfred when you first came here you said that you wanted to bring a refined technical wrestler to the area, you said you wanted to teach the fans of Texas all about the science of professional wrestling. I know about this man and I know he is the exact opposite of that! Why have you aligned yourself with Bulldog Brower?

Lord Alfred: Because I have come to realize that I have made a miscalculation Steven. I thought that I would single-handedly change the culture of Texas wrestling. But having been here three long months now, I see that there IS no culture here in Texas. And so I have resigned myself to following the old axiom that "When in Roman, do as the Romans do." And so I have brought here one of the most viscous, violent men to ever step foot inside a wrestling ring. He has injured, maimed and ended the careers of many men in this sport. And that is why I have brought him here to Southwest Championship Wrestling. Not to defeat Steve Pardee in a wrestling contest. But to end his career and -

-Suddenly Moose Morowski comes into the interview area

qL9k2zh.jpg?1

Moose Morowski: Alfred, please you have to forgive me. I know I embarrassed you by losing my mask but I can make it up to you. You didn't need to bring in Bulldog Brower, I can get the job done against Steve Pardee, I can take him out for you.

Lord Alfred: What in heaven's name are you doing out here!? I dismissed you back to Canada, I don't want anything to do with you! You're finished, washed up, you have nothing left to offer me or anyone for that matter!

Moose Morowski: Please Alfred, give me one more chance. I know I'm near the end of my career but I need one last chance at glory, one last moment in the sun and I still have what it takes to get it. Get me a match with Steve Pardee and I'll prove it!

Lord Alfred: I won't even consider it for one single solitary moment! Get out of my sight you pitiful beggar! Before I turn my dog loose on you!

-Moose Morowski slinks off from the interview area

Lord Alfred: Now before I was so rudely interrupted I was saying that this man, the Bulldog, is exactly what I need to end the career of that ill mannered insipid youth Steve Pardee. And that will take place this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena. But before that is to take place allow me to show everyone in the audience here at The Junction and those watching at home on their televisions the power, the intensity, the destructiveness of this man as he faces the unfortunate Jimmy Doo.

-Lord Alfred and Bulldog Brower head down to the ring where Jimmy Doo is already in the ring waiting

Jimmy Doo vs. Bulldog Brower -

Bulldog Brower entered the ring and immediately charged at Jimmy Doo. Referee Jack Howe quickly called for the bell as Bulldog Brower started pounding away on his opponent. Brower started biting the forehead of Jimmy Doo and Jack Howe started to warn him to no avail. Jack Howe started the count of 5 but Bulldog Brower only responded by throwing Jimmy Doo over the top rope! Jack Howe called for the immediate disqualification due to Brower throwing his opponent over the top rope.

Brower went out after Doo and picked up the wooden steps and slammed them over Doo's back as he started to struggle to get up! Brower looked to continue his attack on Jimmy Doo when Lord Alfred came over and called him off. Lord Alfred screamed into the camera as they were leaving "I told you this man was vicious! Steve Pardee your worthless career will come to an end this Sunday night!"

Steve Stack: Well Lord Alfred certainly wasn't lying about Bulldog Brower being a destructive force. That's Jimmy Doo's first win here on Southwest Championship Wrestling but I doubt he feels very good about it, in more ways than one. Ladies and gentleman we have to take a time out for our sponsors but when we come back we'll talk to El Gran Apollo and Mil Mascaras about their matches coming up this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena and we'll also get a word from Ken Lucas on his part in the big 8 man tag team main event this Sunday night! Don't go away!

-Third commercial break-

RTByloo.jpg?1xi8XZep.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and with me now I have the two men who were victorious last Sunday night in their tag team match against Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico. Gentleman this week you've asked for and received a very interesting match. This Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena it will be El Gran Apollo taking on Jose Lothario and Mil you will be in his corner handcuffed to Mr. Mexico. Why was that match, with those stipulations, something you both wanted?

Mil Mascaras: Because El Gran Apollo wanted his chance to face Jose Lothario one on one and we both knew that wouldn't be possible as long as Jose's impostor is around. So I told El Gran Apollo I would take care of him, I would sit at ringside handcuffed to Mr. Mexico where I can make sure that he will not be able to interfere and El Gran Apollo will be able to get a fair match at Jose Lothario and have a chance to get his revenge without having to worry about being jumped from behind by Mr. Mexico.

Steve Stack: Mil, in the opening moments of the tag team match last Sunday night we saw Mr. Mexico say something to El Gran Apollo that seemed to cause him a great deal of surprise. Do you have any idea what he said?

Mil Mascaras: I asked Apollo that same question but he wouldn't answer me. He told me that what Mr. Mexico said was between the two of them and I'm sure he would tell you the same thing. I don't know what was said but I do know it's given El Gran Apollo a great desire to pull that mask off of Mr. Mexico because he has been talking about it a great deal to me over the last week.

Steve Stack: Well I know we would all like to see just who is under that mask of Mr. Mexico so we can find out if he really is everything that Jose Lothario claims. Thank you for your time and El Gran Apollo, good luck in your match with Jose this Sunday night.

Apollo: Thank you Steve. I sorry to the fans of Texas for let Mil talk for me, I still learning my English and soon I hope talk to you all in English and Spanish.

-El Gran Apollo and Mil Mascaras leave the interview area and Mike Masters comes in with Tiny Anderson

BaDztba.jpg?1 & FD7xy62.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Now let me welcome in two men I didn't think would be coming out here together any more, Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson. Mike, last week you said that you would end your association with Tiny Anderson if he failed to defeat Larry Hamilton. What has caused you to have a change of heart?

Mike Masters: Well I'm not going to make any excuses for Tiny's performance against Larry Hamilton because I was embarrassed to watch it. But after I got my head smashed by a steel chair and was bleeding on the floor of the HemisFair Arena, Tiny Anderson was there for me to help me out. So after some consideration, and after getting assurances from Tiny that he would double down on his training efforts in the gym, I've decided to give him one more chance.

Steve Stack: Well let's talk about that incident with Bulldog Brower interfering in your match with Steve Pardee and causing you to once again lose to Pardee by disqualification. This is the second time that's happened to you due to interference from one of Lord Alfred's men, and it seemed like you were quite ready to take it out on Lord Alfred. Do you plan on challenging Bulldog Brower to try and get revenge for what happened?

Mike Masters: I have an entirely different plan in mind to even things up with Lord Alfred. I think it's about time Lord Alfred and whatever dusty book of wrestling contacts he is using to keep finding these old washed up wrestlers get taken care of. But it's beneath me to beat up on old men so I made a phone call to someone more suited for the task. And he is on his way to San Antonio to get rid of Lord Alfred Hayes.

Steve Stack: Who exactly are you talking about?

Mike Masters: Don't you worry about it, you'll find out soon enough. I'm done talking about the grumpy old men brigade.

Steve Stack: Well before you go, you and Tiny Anderson have a match this Sunday night against Yin and Yang. They've proven themselves to be quite a capable team in their time here so far in Southwest Championship Wrestling, do you feel that you and Tiny Anderson are up to the task?

Mike Masters: What kind of question is that? I know that I'M up to the task and if Tiny isn't then all he earned himself is a one week reprieve. You hear that fat boy? If you cause us to lose this Sunday night, if you drag me down with your dead weight then this partnership is finished and there is nothing you can do to save yourself this time. Now let's go, you have a lot of training to do to get ready for our match Sunday night.

-Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson leave the interview area and The Canadian comes in

AQ3ZvtL.jpg

Steve Stack: Coming in here now is a man who has made quite a few enemies over the past few weeks, the masked Canadian. Two weeks ago we saw you turn on your partners Bruiser Costa and Terry Adonis in a six man tag and last week we saw you turn on Mike Jackson in your tag team match against Bruiser Costa and Terry Adonis. Is it fair to say you don't like teaming up with others?

The Canadian: I don't like teaming up with people who aren't my equal! I never asked for that wimp Mike Jackson's help, I wanted to fight Bruiser Costa and Terry Adonis by myself and he was forced on me as a partner I didn't want. I told him to stay in the corner and stay out of the way and he didn't listen. He tagged himself in without my approval and so I let him know what I thought about it by kicking him in his ugly face. I don't see a problem with it.

Steve Stack: Before I comment on that, let me just say your decision to call yourself The Canadian seems far more authentic than Mr. Mexico wrapping himself in the colors of the Mexican flag. There is no mistaking that accent as anything other than Canadian. But as for your comments about Mike Jackson, you may not have seen a problem with what happened but Mike Jackson certainly did. He has asked for and received a one on one match with you this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena.

The Canadian: Is that supposed to concern me? Mike Jackson is loser, he always has been and always will be a loser. And that certainly won't change this Sunday night when I kick him in the face and embarrass him in front of the thousands of people in the HemisFair Arena. If you really didn't bring me out here to talk about anything more important than MIKE JACKSON then this interview is over. You're welcome for my time.

-The Canadian walks out of the interview area and Ken Lucas comes in

IxlEswg.jpg

Steve Stack: Now before we have to take our next commercial break I wanted to get a quick word from Ken Lucas about the condition of Eddie Gilbert and his feelings about the big 8 man tag main event this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena. Ken first let me ask you how is Eddie Gilbert doing?

Ken Lucas: Well Steve, Eddie is a really tough young man. He's a fighter and he has a very bad concussion and a knot on his head the likes even I have never seen in all my days of wrestling. But he isn't letting this get his spirits down, he's as fired up as I've ever seen him and when he gets cleared to get back in the ring he and I are going to get our revenge together on The Texas Dynasty.

Steve Stack: Well I'm sorry to hear about Eddie's concussion but I'm glad it sounds like he won't be out of action for too long. Now this Sunday night you are in an 8 man tag and if you are the one who wins for your team you'll be able to choose your own match, your dream match, for next week at The HemisFair Arena. Just what match would you want to choose if you win that match?

Ken Lucas: Well ideally I'd like to choose a match where Eddie and I can get our revenge on The Texas Dynasty together. But since the contract states that the dream match must be made for next week's card at the HemisFair that isn't going to be possible. So instead I've given it a lot of thought and as much as I'd like to take the Southwest Title from Tully Blanchard, after what I went through last week I have another dream I can't stop thinking about. I had to walk down the aisle holding on to Eddie Gilbert's hand as he was taken out of the HemisFair Arena on a stretcher and I want the man who did that to him to suffer the same fate. So if I'm the one who wins for my team this Sunday night, then I'm going to have the chance to see that's just what happens. I want to face David Von Erich in a Stretcher match so I can make sure he gets a taste of his own medicine and this time it can be Sunshine holding his hand while he's carried out on his back!

Steve Stack: Well Kenny good luck in that big 8 man tag this Sunday night and send me well wishes to Eddie Gilbert. Fans we have to take another commercial break but when we come back we'll talk to 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan about what he thinks about the big main event this Sunday night and we'll also see Bill Ash in action against the debuting Tony Torres, don't touch that dial!
-Fourth commercial break-

JjawfbU.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Standing with me is the last man in the big 8 man tag team main event this Sunday night that we haven't heard from today, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan. 'Hacksaw' you heard what your partners had to say about the dream matches they wanted and you heard that Tully's team all has one goal in mind: To face you in a 4 on 1 handicap match. What are your thoughts about everything that's been said here today?

Jim Duggan: My thoughts are that talk is cheap and I'd rather do my talking with these two big fists. The Fabulous Ones want their Texas Tornado Street Fight, Ken Lucas wants a Stretcher match and Tully's team just want to get me all alone and try and put me out of professional wrestling. Well as the old saying goes, we can't always get what we want. Nobody is going to get what they want except ol 'Hacksaw' here because I'm going to be the one who gets the win this Sunday night. Hopefully against the guy who smashed a camera over my head last Sunday night but it really doesn't matter to me who I hit with The Spear and pin because someone is going down and I'm gonna be the one covering em.

Steve Stack: Well Jim if you that is what happens this Sunday night, what is the match that you will choose to make for next week?

Jim Duggan: Well there's really a lot of ideas floating around in my head. I wouldn't mind having a match with Mr. Saito's lap dog and getting to smash a camera over his head after I win. I wouldn't mind facing Mr. Saito in a boxing match where he couldn't use his chops, or his karate or his Japanese Sleeper and where I'd just get to punch his face in until my arms got tired. But the match I really want, the match I'm going to make next Sunday night is going to be a Cage Match for the Southwest Heavyweight Title with Tully Blanchard! Tully, I know you're just gonna keep running from me, even if I get a contract to wrestle you for that belt. But inside a steel cage you won't have anywhere to run, you won't have anywhere to hide and I'm gonna beat your brains in and walk out of the Cage next Sunday night as the new Southwest Heavyweight Champion! That's all I got to say Steve Stack, thank you for your time.

-Jim Duggan walks out and Bill Ash comes in

cj7S8fu.jpg?1

Steve Stack: And now I have with me Bill Ash, who was sent here from Alabama by Roy Lee Welch's cousin Jimmy Golden with the promise of $10,000 if you injure the man. How does it make you feel to know that you're a mercenary, hired to injure someone's own family member?

Bill Ash: How does it feel? It feels great Steve Stack! And it will feel even better when I hear that boy's leg snap in The Fuller Leglock just like I heard Josh Stroud's leg snap last week! Because this time when I do it it's going to mean 10,000 dollars going right into my pocket. There ain't a whole lot of things I wouldn't do for that kind of money Steve Stack, I'll certainly injure a man and I'll do it all with a big smile on my face.

Steve Stack: So it doesn't bother you to know that you may very well have ended the wrestling career of Josh Stroud last week?

Bill Ash: Heck no it doesn't bother me! What's wrong with you? That boy didn't mean nothing to me just like my opponent today doesn't mean nothing to me. I'm here to hurt people and that's just what I'm going to do until I get my money and I go back home to Alabama and get out of this stinking pit you call San Antonio, Texas.

-Bill Ash heads to the ring

Steve Stack: Well fans we have another young newcomer to the area waiting in the ring to face Bill Ash, let's hope that Tony Torres fares better this week than Josh Stroud did.

Tony Torres vs. Bill Ash -

Bill Ash locks up with Tony Torres to start the match and Tony Torres surprises Ash by quickly putting him into a headlock. Ash pushes Torres off into the ropes and ducks down for a back body drop but Torres leapfrogs over him and then hits a big drop kick on Ash when he turns around. Torres goes for a cover but Ash quickly kicks out at the count of one and rolls into the ropes. Ash gets up demanding that the referee push Torres back and then blasts the youngster with a right hand as Jack Howe is trying to get separation between the two competitors. Ash beats on Torres with punches and forearms and then kicks him in the stomach and doubles him over. Ash then positions himself for the Fuller Leglock and locks it in. Torres immediately submits and Ash looks ready to wrench back and break Torres' leg when suddenly Roy Lee Welch rushes out to the ring and kicks Ash right in the face! Ash quickly breaks the hold and starts to roll out of the ring as Welch just misses grabbing a hold of him to keep him from escaping. Ash quickly heads back to the locker room holding his face as Roy Lee Welch checks on Tony Torres and helps him back to his feet.

Steve Stack: It looks like Roy Lee Welch just saved Tony Torres from suffering the same fate as Josh Stroud last week! Unfortunately I have a feeling this issue between Roy Lee Welch and Bill Ash is not going to be settled until one of them fulfills their promise of breaking the other's leg. And they'll both have the chance to do that this Sunday night when they meet each other once against at The HemisFair Arena. We have to take our final commercial break for the day but you won't want to change that channel because when we come back we'll be seeing our main event as newcomer 'Thunderbolt' Larry Hamilton take on the Southwest Television Champion, David Von Erich with the title on the line!

-Fifth and final commercial break-

idI08zd.jpg?2

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! Before we get to our main event of the program, Jose Lothario asked for an opportunity to say a quick word about his match this Sunday night against El Gran Apollo.

Jose Lothario: I just wanted to that I'm happy that Mil Mascaras will be at ringside handcuffed to Mr. Mexico because that means Mr. Mexico will be there to keep Mil Mascaras from interfering in my match. El Gran Apollo is going to get the beating of his life and with Mil Mascaras handcuffed at ringside there won't be anyone to save him. I've been wrestling for almost longer than El Gran Apollo has been alive and if he thinks he even has a chance of competing against me, much less winning the match he has a big surprise coming. I'm going to knock him out, maybe punch a teeth out of his mouth and ruin that pretty little smile. And without that what will he have? Without his looks what would he be? He is a nobody Steve Stack, propped up by people like you and Mil Mascaras well I'm going to finish him off this Sunday night and it won't be long before the name El Gran Apollo is forgotten forever.

-Jose Lothario walks off

Steve Stack: Well Jose seems to be very confident going into this Sunday night but I somehow doubt it's going to be quite as easy as he said. Now let's head down to the ring for our last match of the program, 'Thunderbolt' Larry Hamilton facing the defending Southwest Television Champion, David Von Erich!

Larry Hamilton vs. David Von Erich w/Sunshine - Southwest TV Title match -

Larry Hamilton looks for a handshake to start the match but David just slaps his hand away in disdain. They lockup and Hamilton quickly goes behind David Von Erich and waistlocks him down to the mat, putting his AAU amateur wrestling skills to good use. Hamilton rides David Von Erich's back as he tries to sit up and David has roll over, reach out and grab the ropes to cause a break. They lock up again and Hamilton uses his amateur skills once again to get the better of David and force him down to the mat with David having to escape his grasp with the ropes. David gets down on all fours in the amateur position and challenges Hamilton to an amateur wrestling match. Hamilton takes his back and David tries to escape but Hamilton maintains wrist control and rides him and David is again forced to use the ropes to cause a break. David challenges Hamilton to get down on in the referee's position this time and once Hamilton is down on all fours, David kicks him hard right in the ribs! David starts stomping and kicking on Hamilton and then as Hamilton starts to get back up to his feet David backs off and comes charging in at him and nails him with the running high knee. David makes the cover and Sunshine reaches in and holds down Larry Hamilton's legs while the referee is focused on counting his shoulders and Hamilton is unable to make the kickout before the count of 3. David and Sunshine celebrate outside the ring with the TV Title as Larry Hamilton tries to tell the referee about Sunshine's interference

Steve Stack: David Von Erich has once again used Sunshine's help to retain his Television Title! I think Stanley Blackburn is going to need to consider barring him from ringside for his title defenses because this is getting out of hand. Ladies and gentleman we're all out of time on today's program, be sure to join us next week on Southwest Championship Wrestling for more of the most exciting hour in all of professional wrestling. And make sure to buy your tickets now for this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena to see the monumental 8 man tag "Dream Match" between The Texas Dynasty, Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito taking on The Fabulous Ones, Jim Duggan and Ken Lucas, El Gran Apollo versus Jose Lothario with Mr. Mexico handcuffed to Mil Mascaras at ringside, Roy Lee Welch will be in action against Bill Ash, and much much more! You won't want to miss it!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff Notes Version:

-Steve Stack talks about the injury suffered by Eddie Gilbert at the hands of David Von Erich and talks about the Japanese photographer's attack on Jim Duggan

-Mr. Saito introduces the photographer who attacked Jim Duggan as Yoshi Seito. He says Seito is a wrestler, not a photographer and he is Saito's protege from Japan.

-Tully Blanchard announces the 'Dream Match' 8 man tag between The Dynasty, Saito, Yoshi Seito and the team of The Fabs, Jim Duggan and Ken Lucas. Winner gets to pick their 'dream match' to main event The HemisFair Arena the next week

-Yoshi Seito defeated The Masked Wildfire with a German Suplex in a dominating display

-The Fabulous Ones talked about the 8 man tag and their frustrations at once again being denied their rematch for the Southwest Tag Team Titles. They let everyone, even their own team mates, know that it would be one of them who scored the pinfall Sunday night so they would receive the Dream Match of their choosing

-Lord Alfred Hayes introduced his newest charge: Bulldog Brower. Alfred said he wasn't interested in defeating Steve Pardee anymore he simply wanted to maim and injure him and that's why Bulldog Brower was brought in.

-Moose Morowski came out and appealed to Lord Alfred to take him back but Lord Alfred dismissed him and called him washed up

-Jimmy Doo defeated Bulldog Brower by DQ after Bulldog Brower threw him over the top rope. Brower continued beating on Doo after the match, slamming the wooden ring steps into Doo's back.

-Mil Mascaras announced that El Gran Apollo would be facing Jose Lothario one on one at The HemisFair Arena & he would be at ringside handcuffed to Mr. Mexico to ensure that he stayed out of the match

-Mike Masters said he was going to continue training Tiny Anderson despite saying last week he would disassociate with him if Tiny lost to Larry Hamilton. He then said if Anderson causes them to lose their tag match against Yin and Yang it would prove to be a short reprieve.

-Mike Masters also said he wasn't going to get revenge on Lord Alfred Hayes himself but that he had made a phone call on someone was on the way to take care of it for him

-The Canadian talked about why he attacked his partner Mike Jackson in their tag match from the previous week at The HemisFair Arena. He promised to destroy Jackson in their singles match this week.

-Ken Lucas talked about Eddie Gilbert's injury but told Steve Stack that Eddie would be back real soon. Lucas said he wanted to win the 8 man tag match so he could make a Stretcher match with David Von Erich and watch David get carried out of the arena for what he did to Eddie Gilbert.

-Jim Duggan said that Tully and his team all agreed on a 4 on 1 handicap match as their Dream Match because Tully is afraid of Jim Duggan. But Duggan said he isn't afraid of them and that if he wins his Dream Match will be a Steel Cage match with Tully Blanchard with the Southwest Heavyweight Title on the line

-Bill Ash said it doesn't bother him to be a paid mercenary, in fact he quite likes the idea. He promised to collect the $10,000 bounty by breaking Roy Lee Welch's leg with the Fuller Leglock.

-Bill Ash defeated Tony Torres by submission in the Fuller Leglock but Roy Lee Welch ran down and attacked him to stop him from breaking Torres' leg the way he did the previous week to Josh Stroud

-Jose Lothario said he wasn't worried about Mr. Mexico being handcuffed to Mil Mascaras because it ensured Mascaras couldn't jump in the ring to save Apollo when Jose ends his career

-David Von Erich defeated Larry Hamilton with the help of Sunshine to retain his Southwest TV Title

Scheduled for Sunday, October 9th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

8 Man Tag 'Dream Match': Ken Lucas, Jim Duggan & The Fabs vs. Yoshi Seito, Mr. Saito & The Texas Dynasty
El Gran Apollo vs. Jose Lothario Mil Mascaras will be handcuffed to Mr. Mexico at ringside
Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash
Tiny Anderson & Mike Masters vs. Yin & Yang
Steve Pardee vs. Bulldog Brower

The Canadian vs. Mike Jackson

Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis vs. Art Crews & Timothy Flowers
Ali Bey vs. Larry Hamilton

I enjoyed this card. You did well with the characterization of everyone involved and I could see many of them in my head speaking their parts, especially Steve Stack. Good job there.

TV did well to promote the Hemisphere show on Sunday with a line-up that has quite a bit of story behind it.

How long is your TV? There was the mention of an hour by Tully but I have to think it was longer than that - even with 4 short matches, with all the people that got air time, it sure seemed longer than an hour.

It's just an hour show. Despite the fact that a lot of people get speaking time, it's not like their promos are really all that long and they get shuffled in one right after the other if there are multiple interviews in one segment. Segment four is usually dedicated to a promo train of 3-4 guys all cutting promos one after the other but it's still only a 7-8 minute segment. I'm not doing any WWE style 20 minute monologues.

I had 4 different guys do promos in the fourth segment but even if they got 2 minutes each that's only an 8 minute segment. Watch an old episode of Southeastern/Continental to see the model that idea is based off of. Nearly everyone who was going to be on the Monday night card in Boutwell got promo time on the TV. You'd have probably 8-12 guys cut short promos on one episode.

But Ash and Welch is still my favorite feud you have going.

It's kind of my favorite feud too, really. I didn't know what I was going to do with it at first, it's one of those things that just ended up getting way better once I started writing it from when it was being brain stormed.

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 10/9/83

Ali Bey vs. Larry Hamilton - Larry Hamilton used his amateur wrestling skills to ground The Turk and keep him on the mat. After a few minutes of wearing down Ali Bey, Hamilton got him into the Oklahoma Roll and pinned him for the count of 3.

Winner: Larry Hamilton in 4:22 after an Oklahoma Roll

Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis vs. Art Crews & Timothy Flowers - The clean cut team of Art Crews and Timothy Flowers were making their Southwest debut in this match and were taken advantage of by the cheating tactics of Costa & Adonis. Flowers started the match for his team and held the advantage over Terry Adonis until Adonis tagged out and Bruiser Costa came in. Costa used some misdirection on the referee to get some cheap shots to the throat of Timothy Flowers but missed on the Running Senton when Flowers was down on the mat and Flowers made it to his corner to tag. Crews came in fired up and took the fight to Bruiser Costa for a short while until Terry Adonis ran in and hit him with a cheap shot from behind and then Costa & Adonis did some double teaming on Crews when the referee was distracted keeping Timothy Flowers out of the ring as he tried to retaliate against the cheap shot of Terry Adonis. Crews was isolated in the corner of Costa and Adonis and finished off with a senton off the second rope from Bruiser Costa.

Winners: Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis in 8:07 when Bruiser Costa pinned Art Crews after a senton off the 2nd rope

The Canadian vs. Mike Jackson - Mike Jackson used his quickness to play cat and mouse with The Canadian at the start of the match, frustrating the larger man and causing him to rush into some armdrags and dropkicks. Eventually Jackson missed on a dropkick attempt and things went down hill for him from there as The Canadian just started to unload on Jackson with some vicious punches and kicks. The Canadian finished off Jackson when Jackson was down on one knee and The Canadian came charging in and blasted him in the face with a running boot.

Winner: The Canadian in 5:49 after a Running Boot to the face of Mike Jackson

Steve Pardee vs. Bulldog Brower - This match barely even got started as Bulldog Brower attacked Steve Pardee while he was being patted down by the referee and started beating on him. Referee Jack Howe called for the bell and almost immediately afterwards, Brower threw Steve Pardee over the top rope and got himself disqualified.

Winner: Steve Pardee in 0:13 by DQ after Bulldog Brower threw him over the top rope

Bulldog Brower grabbed the wooden ring steps and tried to slam them down on Pardee but Pardee roll out of the way and the steps went crashing down onto the arena floor, breaking off a big piece of them. Pardee grabbed that piece of the broken steps and slammed it into the head of Bulldog Brower which sent sprawling on the floor! Lord Alfred Hayes tried to sneak up behind Pardee and attack him but the crowd alerted Pardee to the trouble and he turned around just in time to stop Lord Alfred in his tracks. Pardee stalked Lord Alfred with the piece of broken steps and Lord Alfred begged Pardee not to hit him. Bulldog Brower got up and came charging at Pardee's back but the crowd again alerted Pardee in time and he was able to sidestep the Bulldog which sent Brower crashing forward into Lord Alfred Hayes! Pardee threatened them both with the broken piece of wood which caused Lord Alfred to grab Bulldog Brower and the two of them rushed back to the locker room together as the crowd cheered for Steve Pardee holding his own.

Tiny Anderson & Mike Masters vs. Yin & Yang - Mike Masters started the match for his team and used his strength to over power the wrestling ability of Yang. Masters kept powering out of Yang's attempts to put him in a hold and then strutting around and posing while Yang stood in the middle of the ring with his head cocked sideways just staring at him. Masters wanted a test of strength and Yang was quickly over powered and forced down to his knees. Masters then pulled Yang into a bearhug and started squeezing the life out of him when suddenly Yin came running into the match and dropkicked Masters in the back of the knee to cause him to break the hold by dropping Yang and falling to the mat clutching his leg. Yang looked annoyed at his partner's interference but then cut off Masters who tried to crawl to the corner and make a tag and quickly took advantage of the situation by putting Masters into a half boston crab. Tiny Anderson ran in and attacked Yang to break that up and when Yang retreated to his corner, Yin tagged himself in. Yin and Yang had a break staredown in their corner which gave Masters the time to crawl to his and make the tag to Tiny Anderson. Anderson came charging in only to eat a big leg lariat from Yin. Yin started lighting up Anderson with kicks to the leg when he got back to his feet and then floored him with a big dropkick that caught Anderson right under the chin. Yin then climbed up to the top rope and hit his Flying Headbutt on Anderson and pinned him as Mike Masters didn't even bother to try and come in to make the save.

Winners: Yin & Yang in 8:33 after Yin hit a Flying Headbutt on Tiny Anderson

Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash - This match started like the previous week's with both men immediately charging at each other and engaging in a brawl. Their brawl spilled out between the ropes and they almost got counted out but Bill Ash poked Welch in the eye and then rolled him back in the to break the count at 9. Ash stepped up on the apron but Welch charged into him and buried his shoulder in Ash's midsection and then suplexed him over the top rope back into the ring. Welch tried to go for the Spinning Toe Hold but Ash wasn't worn down enough yet and kicked him off which sent Welch flying backwards and over the top rope. Juan Reynosa signaled that it was not an intentional throw over the top rope and thus he would not disqualify Bill Ash. Welch struggled back up to his feet and tried to come back in the ring at the count of 8 but Ash rushed at him and booted him in the head which sent Welch sprawling backwards into the steel barricade. Juan Reynosa broke the count to admonish Bill Ash for not letting Roy Lee Welch get back in the ring but once Welch got back to his feet and tried to get back in, Ash cut him off for a second time with another kick to the head through the ropes. Referee Juan Reynosa got very heated and threatened to disqualify Bill Ash while Ash strutted around the ring and agitated the fans. Ash tried i once again to cut Welch off from returning to the ring but this time Welch grabbed Ash's leg as he went for a kick and pulled him out of the ring with Ash hard on the arena floor, with the back of his head smashing on the concrete! Roy Lee Welch picked Ash up off of the arena floor and rammed his head into the steel ring post and Bill Ash fell to the arena floor. Roy Lee Welch got back in the ring and told the referee to start his count but in a testament to Bill Ash's toughness he managed roll back into the ring right before the count of 10. Welch grabbed him and pulled him into the center of the ring to try once more to put on the Spinning Toe Hold but Ash used his other foot to kick Welch HARD right between the legs! Juan Reynosa saw it and immediately called for the DQ!

Winner: Roy Lee Welch in 7:56 by DQ after a low blow from Bill Ash

Welch doubled over in pain and Bill Ash started to set him up for the Fuller Leglock when suddenly Tony Torres rushed out to the ring and dropped a huge knee across the chest of Bill Ash just as he was locking in the Fuller Leglock! Torres fought off Bill Ash and sent him running for the locker room and then helped Roy Lee Welch out of the ring and back to the locker room while he limped in pain from the shot to his groin.

Mil Mascaras handcuffed to Mr. Mexico at ringside: El Gran Apollo vs. Jose Lothario - Jose started in a boxing stance, challenging El Gran Apollo to square up and box with him. Referee Jack Howe tried to get both men to open up the fists but they ignored him and continued circling each other. Jack Howe got in between them and demanded they open up their fists, telling them it was a wrestling match, not a boxing match. El Gran Apollo turned Jack Howe around and put him in the corner and then got blasted by a haymaker from Jose Lothario as he turned around! Apollo stumbled into the ropes and Jose stayed on him peppering him with jabs to the face and the body and then taking him off his feet with a big uppercut. The referee tried to regain control but Jose mounted Apollo on the mat and started pounding on him with punches until Howe threatened to disqualify him which caused Jose to back off. But as soon as Apollo was back to his feet Jose again dropped him with an uppercut. Jose told Howe to count him down like in a boxing match and then Jose started to trash talk the crowd and Mil Mascaras at ringside. Jose stood in the middle of the ring shadowboxing while Apollo struggled to get back to his feet and then once he was back up, Jose charged again but this time Apollo ducked a jab and came back with a big uppercut of his own! Jose went rubber legged and Apollo followed up with another big right hand that put Jose down to one knee and then Apollo dropkicked him and made a cover but Jose was able to kick out before the count of 3. Apollo went for another dropkick on Jose as he got back up but Jose dodged out of the way just in time and Apollo crashed to the mat. Jose followed up on the advantage by pulling Apollo into an abdominal stretch as Apollo was getting back to his feet. Mr. Mexico tried to reach his hand in and give Jose extra leverage but Mil Mascaras yanked him backwards and the two of them almost came to blows at ringside. Jose got distracted shouting at Mil Mascaras and Apollo was able to hiptoss his way out of the abdominal stretch.

Jose got back up only to be met with a series of jabs from Apollo but as Apollo went for a wild swinging uppercut, Jose dodged out of the way and Apollo ended up catching the referee Jack Howe right under the chin with his uppercut! Jack Howe's lights went out and he dropped to the mat and Apollo was momentarily stunned by what happened which allowed Jose to blast him with a big uppercut of his own and put Apollo down on the mat. Jose went into his tights to pull out brass knuckles and Mil Mascaras tried to get in the ring to stop him but Mr. Mexico pulled him back and the two of them started to fight at ringside. Jose swung at Apollo with his brass knuckles only for Apollo to duck and come back with a big looping punch of his own that dropped Jose and caused the brass knucks to fall off his hand. The crowd started to cheer as Apollo picked the brass knuckles up off the mat when suddenly Alberto Madril came running out of the crowd and attacked Apollo from behind! Mascaras tried to rush in and stop him but Mr. Mexico cut him off again and brought the handcuff around his wrist down on the back of Mascaras' neck and started choking him with the short chain of the cuffs! Al Madril pulled the knucks off of Apollo's hand and hit him with a big punch with them that knocked Apollo out. Madril then helped Jose to cover Apollo for the pinfall and then rushed out of the ring and back out through the crowd just as the referee Jack Howe started to come to. Howe saw the cover being made and made a groggy 3 count to give Jose Lothario the tainted victory!

Winner: Jose Lothario in 9:47 after interference from Al Madril while the referee was knocked out

After the match Jose pulled the handcuff key out of Jack Howe's pocket and used them to unlock Mr. Mexico's handcuff. Then Jose and Mr. Mexico handcuffed Mil Mascaras with his arms around the ring post on the outside of the ring with his back exposed to them. They pulled off the referee's belt and started to whip Mascaras' back with it! They continued to whip Mascaras and raised big welts on his back until suddenly Omar Atlas ran out from the locker room with a chair and chased them off! Atlas tried to help Mascaras off the ring post but Jose took the key with him. The ring crew had to come out and the whole ring post had to be taken down before Mascaras could be removed and some of the locker room came out to help Mil Mascaras and the punch drunk El Gran Apollo back to the locker room.

8 Man Tag 'Dream Match': Ken Lucas, Jim Duggan & The Fabs vs. Yoshi Seito, Mr. Saito & The Texas Dynasty - Tully Blanchard and David Von Erich came out without Sunshine, wearing three belts a piece after their shocking debut on WTBS that ended with them winning the National Tag Team Titles. They then motion to the back and Sunshine comes out pushing a wheel barrow and they drop their 6 belts into it while the crowd boos the hell out of them and they walk to the ring with Sunshine pushing the wheel barrow feel of gold behind them.

The babyface team can't decide who will start the match for their team and continue to argue about it all through the entrance of their opponents until Seito & The Texas Dynasty grab The Fabulous Ones and pull them out of the ring and start beating on them! Duggan rushes out of the ring to help them and Ken Lucas tries to follow but he gets attacked from behind by Saito! Referee Juan Reynosa rings the bell with Saito and Ken Lucas in the ring and the rest of the teams fighting outside of it. Saito pounds on Ken Lucas for a bit until slamming him down and putting him in a nerve hold. Finally the fight outside the ring disperses as The Dynasty and Seito retreat to their corner once Duggan & The Fabs start to get the better of the fight. Everyone gets into their corners and The Fabs & Duggan get the HemisFair crowd cheering loudly for Ken Lucas. Lucas is about to break out of the nerve hold when Saito pulls him back down to the mat by the hair. The referee saw it and demands he break the hold so Saito chops Lucas in the throat and makes a quick tag out to Tully Blanchard who comes in and takes over control on Lucas with an arm bar. Tully has control for a few minutes and once Lucas rallies again, Tully makes the tag out and David comes in and nails Lucas from behind and re-establishes control of his arm. Lucas starts to fight out again and David whips him into the ropes and tries to catch him with the high knee but Ken Lucas rolls under it and makes a leaping tag into the corner to 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan! Duggan comes in and nails David Von Erich with a big right hand that puts him down and then tees off on Seito, Tully and Mr. Saito in succession as they all come in and try and attack him. Duggan sends the 3 of them scrambling out of the ring but gets caught from behind by a chop block from David. David pulls Duggan close to the corner and then tags out to Yoshi Seito who comes in and drops an elbow on Duggan's leg as David has it stretched out. Yoshi Seito puts Duggan in a figure four but Steve Keirn quickly runs in and stomps on his head to break the hold! While the referee gets Keirn back into his corner, Yoshi Seito makes an illegal switch with Mr. Saito who comes in and starts stomping on Duggan's knee and then puts the 'Hacksaw' in his modified kneeling figure four hold.

Keirn tries to rush in again but this time the referee cuts him off by jumping in front of him which lets the other 3 members of Saito's team come in behind the referee's back and start stomping away on Duggan. They quickly hop back out onto the apron as the referee is turning around and Duggan starts to pull himself and Saito not towards the ropes, but all the way across the ring to his corner. Duggan makes a slow, torturous advance to his own corner but just as he's about to be able to reach out for a tag, Tully runs in the ring and slaps Steve Keirn across the face! Keirn comes charging into the ring and the referee gets distracted trying to get him out and misses the tag to Stan Lane! Stan Lane comes in and starts pounding on Saito to get him to break the hold on Duggan but the referee pulls him off and threatens to disqualify him! Stan argues with the referee about having made the tag but the referee didn't see it, and while they are arguing, Tully & David run in the ring and drag Duggan all the way back to their corner. The referee turns back around to see Mr. Saito tag out to Tully Blanchard who comes in and starts stomping on Duggan's leg and running his mouth about him. Tully starts trash talking Duggan about how next week it's going to be Duggan against all 4 of them and then Tully goes for an elbow drop on Duggan's injured leg but Duggan rolls out of the way! Tully gets back up and tries again but Duggan rolls out of the way again and hobbles back up to his feet! Tully comes charging into him but Duggan hits a weak Spear on him and takes him down as the crowd goes wild! Duggan and Tully both start to crawl towards their corner and make a tag at almost the same time as Duggan tags in Steve Keirn and Tully tags in David Von Erich!

Steve Keirn and David Von Erich come into the ring and start beating the hell out of each other! They just tee of on one another Keirn starts getting the better of the fight and David pokes him in the eyes and whips him into the ropes. David comes off the other side and goes for a high knee at the same time as Keirn goes for a Flying Forearm and they crash into each other awkwardly in mid-air. Both men are down on the mat with their teams cheering them on as they start to crawl for a tag. Keirn makes it to the corner and tags Stan Lane first and Lane tries to rush in and cut off David from making the tag but he's too late as David tags in Yoshi Seito and Lane gets caught in the wrong corner. Lane gets beat on by all four men and then Yoshi Seito puts him up in the corner and hits a superplex on him and goes for the cover but Stan Lane kicks out at the count of 2. Seito picks him up and goes around behind him for the German Suplex but Stan Lane blocks it and counters into the Russian Legsweep with a floatover and gets the 3 count before anyone can make the save!

Winners: The Fabulous Ones, Jim Duggan & Ken Lucas in 19:38 when Stan Lane reversed a German Suplex into a Russian Legsweep on Yoshi Seito

The Texas Dynasty and Saito rush into the ring and start pounding on Stan Lane and Steve Keirn, Jim Duggan and Ken Lucas rush in to help him and it turns into a wild brawl in the middle of the ring. Duggan, The Fabs and Ken Lucas get the better of the fight and end up clearing the ring! Duggan stares at The Fabulous Ones and there is a moment of tension between them as Ken Lucas looks on but eventually Duggan reaches out his hand and Stan Lane shakes it and all four men celebrate in the ring together, raising each other's arms as The HemisFair Arena goes wild cheering their victory.

Really great week of shows and TV, feel sorry for Duggan not getting the cage match he wanted, but im sure he will get a title shot dont the line. I think El Gran Apollo has probably benefitted the most from your booking as someone i didnt realise existed. And like it says above, just a load of fun characters for your "scrubs"...

Really great week of shows and TV, feel sorry for Duggan not getting the cage match he wanted, but im sure he will get a title shot dont the line. I think El Gran Apollo has probably benefitted the most from your booking as someone i didnt realise existed. And like it says above, just a load of fun characters for your "scrubs"...

I will admit there is a lot of scrubbish on my roster but Apollo actually doesn't fit the category despite probably only Boricua and I being aware of his existence before this project. He was brought along slowly in Florida for pretty much all of 1981 having fairly competitive matches with guys above him on the pecking order. Then he had a short TV Title run and feuded with Don Muraco that I think led to a hair match or at least Don Muraco cutting some of Apollo's hair. Then before leaving he got up to semi-main or 3rd from the top in his biggest feud in Florida with Cyclon Negro where the established star Negro turned on him in a tag match on TV (which I've posted at least twice somewhere around the board, I really dug that angle)

Then he went back to Puerto Rico and seemingly was a pretty big deal there as Boricua just recently posted these in the Puerto Rico mega thread that show him working semi-main under Carlos Colon and seems like he also worked some main events on non-Carlos shows. Then he just kind of quit wrestling and disappeared for reasons no one seems to really know.

otras%20luchas.jpg

This end's today's pointless El Gran Apollo history lesson

This is not a denial of the fact there are many scrubs on my roster, Bruiser Costa, Terry Adonis, Tiny Anderson, Tony Torres, and a few others probably fit that bill nicely and are being used above the level of total jobber here. But that was fairly true to life for how the lower tier promotions like Southwest, Portland and Vancouver had to operate and I've been trying to emulate real life Southwest in operation if not so much in style of booking.

*This is not an angry response to the word scrubs, more of a chance to lay out the reasons why El Gran Apollo has been getting a big push and to explain more of the philosophy behind why guys who would most likely be jobbers on any other roster get pushed above that level here.

Great finish to the main! Big doings in the Apollo vs. Lothario feud, which is becoming my third favorite feud you have running. Loved the Welch getting screwed out of a win but not killed for it. The Masters/Anderson experiment would appear to be over. And way to go Steve Pardee! That guys is really plucky, somebody the crowd can really get behind. Underdog babyfaces are always a great thing in my book.

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 10/10

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 10/15 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to another edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling, the most exciting hour in professional wrestling! We have some great action in store today with David Von Erich defending the Southwest Television Title against Roy Lee Welch, Ken Lucas taking on Yoshi Seito and more but first we have some big news in the wrestling world. Many of you fans may have heard of the merger between Georgia Championship Wrestling and Southeastern Championship Wrestling which in itself is a big surprise. But even more surprising to the fans here in San Antonio is that The Texas Dynasty made a shocking debut on the first episode of Southeastern Championship Wrestling on WTBS and attacked Bob and Brad Armstrong and took their place in a scheduled National Tag Team Title match. They were victorious in that match and defeated the National Tag Team Champions Butch Reed and Koko Ware and now The Texas Dynasty have added even more gold to their collection as they are now the reigning Southwest Tag Team Champions, the National Tag Team Champions and Tully is the holder of the Southwest Heavyweight Title while David holds the Television Title.

In other big new, on last Sunday night's card at the HemisFair Arena we saw Alberto Madril make a surprise appearance in San Antonio and attack El Gran Apollo to help his old friend Jose Lothario gain the victory over El Gran Apollo by knocking out Apollo with brass knuckles. After the match we also saw Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario handcuff Mil Mascaras to the ring post and whip him with referee Jack Howe's belt and I can tell you that Mil Mascaras is as fired up and angry as I have ever seen him after that incident. We'll be talking to Mil Mascaras later in the hour but right now I want to bring out the man who scored the pinfall in the Dream Match 8 man tag team main event, Stan Lane and his partner Steve Keirn!

-The Fabulous Ones come into the interview area

4oPuTGq.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Stan congratulations on scoring the pinfall on Yoshi Seito in that 8 man tag match, now you have the chance to pick any match that you want as the main event of this Sunday night's main event. Have you decided on what that match will be?

Stan Lane: We already said last week we knew exactly what we wanted. We want The Texas Dynasty in a Texas Tornado Street Fight, with all four of us in the ring, or at ringside or even in the crowd fighting it out until there someone can't go anymore and is pinned. And we also want it stipulated that ANYONE who interferes in this match whether it be Mr. Saito, Yoshi Seito, Sunshine, whoever will be barred FOR LIFE from Southwest Championship Wrestling!

Steve Keirn: We know those two would love to hide behind their woman like usual or their bodyguard but that isn't going to happen this time. But we did make one change to the match from last week. Now that Tully & David are sporting some new hardware, we want that too. So now this match is not only going to be for the Southwest Tag Team Titles, it's going to be for the National Tag Team Titles as well! And before we go, we just want to say that maybe we owe an apology to some of our friends who weren't exactly friendly to over the last few weeks. So Jim Duggan, Ken Lucas, Eddie Gilbert we're sorry. We were in a real bad mood over the last two weeks but we're nothing but smiles now because we know next week here on TV it's going to be US with two belts on each shoulder, not The Texas Dynasty!

Steve Stack: Well fans you just heard it from The Fabulous Ones, this week's main event at The HemisFair Arena is going to be a Texas Tornado Street Fight with both the Southwest Tag Team Titles and the National Tag Team Titles on the line! Don't go away because when we come back we'll hear from The Texas Dynasty and their thoughts about that monumental match signed for this Sunday night!

-First commercial break-

Steve Stack: We're back -

Tully Blanchard: Shut it Steve Stack! Everyone knows who we are, we don't need an introduction! We are without a doubt the greatest tag team in the world, the Southwest Tag Team Champions, the National Tag Team Champions and if the Wild Bills would ever stop avoiding us, we would be the World Tag Team Champions also! Who are The Fabulous Ones to come out here and call the shots? Who are they to make their own matches? We're the champs! We should decide who we wrestle and how we wrestle them!

Steve Stack: But Tully this was all your idea, you're the one who came up with the 8 man tag Dream Match with the stipulation that the winner would be able to make any match they wanted.

Tully Blanchard: Didn't I tell you to shut it!? I don't need a reminder of what I did! It doesn't matter anyway, because The Fabulous Ones aren't going to be taking anything away from us! The Texas Dynasty is only getting bigger, we're only adding gold to our collection, nothing will be taken away from us, no one will beat us and especially not those two chumps who we've beaten more times than I can remember!

Steve Stack: Well at the risk of getting you even more upset, I was told that Stanley Blackburn is not very pleased at how long it has been since you've defended that Southwest Heavyweight Title. I heard that he is planning to have you defend that belt right here on television next week.

Tully Blanchard: I'm not going to do it! I already said last time that no one should get to see me wrestle for free, I'm the Southwest Heavyweight Champion and people should pay money, a lot of money, to see me get in the ring! Who is supposed to wrestle me anyway? There isn't anyone in Southwest Championship Wrestling who has earned a shot at this title!

Steve Stack: Well I don't have the answer to that question Tully, let me just move on and ask David about his TV Title match today. David, you're going to be facing a very tough competitor today, a man who has impressed a lot of people since coming here to Texas, Roy Lee Welch. What are your thoughts about him and your match today?

David Von Erich: What are my thoughts on Roy Lee Welch? I think when your whole family wants you out of the wrestling business because they're ashamed to be associated with you that you have to be one of the most embarrassing excuses for a wrestler that there has ever been! I know no one in my family would ever hire a bounty hunter to come here and injure me but Roy Lee Welch has someone here looking to collect $10,000 of his own cousin's money to put him out of the wrestling business. Well I might just do Bill Ash's job for him today and maybe I'LL be the one who gets $10,000 richer.

Steve Stack: Let me just ask you one more -

Sunshine: We're done here Steve Stack. I can see you're about to start drooling on that microphone with the way you're staring at me so we're gonna get out of here before we get electrocuted standing too close to you.

-The Texas Dynasty & Sunshine leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Well that was The Texas Dynasty and Sunshine everyone, now let's head down to the ring for our first match of the day with The Canadian in action against Larry Hamilton!

The Canadian vs. Larry Hamilton -

Both men lockup and The Canadian tries to use his power advantage to shove Hamilton down but Hamilton hangs on to The Canadian's arm as he is going down and pulls him down on the mat with him. Hamilton tries to take The Canadian's back but he's able to sit up and push out of it. The Canadian backs away from Hamilton and looks a little wary of Hamilton's amateur skills. The Canadian then steps forward and offers a handshake which Hamilton accepts only to get pulled into a short arm clothesline! The Canadian starts stomping on Hamilton until Hamilton grabs The Canadian's foot and yanks him off his feet. Hamilton tries to quickly jump on top of The Canadian but The Canadian struggles with him and the two men end up rolling around on the mat exchanging punches. Referee Jack Howe gets in between them and forces a break and they both get back up to their feet. They quickly re-engage and start brawling and this time when the referee tries to get in between them, The Canadian shoves him and he drops to the mat. The Canadian gets the better of the brawl with Larry Hamilton and has him reeling from a punch and then The Canadian boots Hamilton in the chest which sends him flying out through the ropes. The Canadian goes to follow him outside when suddenly the bell rings and it's announced the Larry Hamilton has won the match by disqualification.

The Canadian starts arguing with Jack Howe and shoves him down again and suddenly Hamilton comes flying back into the ring and leg dives The Canadian and starts raining punches down on him! The two men engage in a wild brawl until members of the locker room like Art Crews, Timothy Flowers, Bruiser Costa, Terry Adonis, Mike Fever, Jimmy Doo, The Masked Wildfire, Yin and Yang run out to separate them and end the brawl.

Steve Stack: Well that certainly escalated very quickly! I have a feeling we'll be seeing those two in action again very soon, possibly even this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena! Ladies and gentleman we have to take but when we come back we'll talk to Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo about what happened last Sunday night and their upcoming six man tag team match this week at The HemisFair Arena, don't go away!

-Second commercial break-

RTByloo.jpg?1xi8XZep.jpg?1d00dogL.jpg?1

Steve Stack:Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! I have with me now the three men who will be teaming up this Sunday night in a 6 man tag team match to take on the team of Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico and Al Madril. I already told the fans at the top of the hour how Al Madril made a surprise appearance and attacked El Gran Apollo to cost him his match against Jose Lothario, but Mil why don't you tell the fans how Omar Atlas got involved in this situation?

Mil Mascaras: Well everyone knows a month ago Jose and Mr. Mexico injured Omar Atlas with their Spike Piledriver but now he's healed completely from the stinger that they gave him and he's ready to come back to action. He was in the locker room last Sunday night to show his medical release to the promoters and try and get a match signed against Jose or Mr. Mexico to get some revenge. And thank God he was there because he saved me from taking even more of a beating at the hands of Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico. Let me show you people what I'm talking about.

-Mil turns his back to the cameras and the cuts from the leather belt are still evident on his back from where he was whipped

Mil Mascaras: This is the most humiliating thing that anyone has ever done to me in my career and I can promise you that Jose and Mr. Mexico are going to pay and they are going to pay severely! I am not looking to wrestle them this Sunday, I am looking to fight, I am looking to make them bleed and if Al Madril gets in my way he's going to get the same thing!

Steve Stack: It was certainly a disgusting attack, to handcuff you to the ring post and beat you with a belt like that, just totally uncalled for. Now Apollo I know you have to be disappointed in the way things played out Sunday night, you waited a long time to get your match with Jose Lothario and for it to end the way it did I know you can't be happy.

Apollo: Of course I not happy Steve. But this fight is no over. This Sunday have another chance to fight and so it is what I do. And Al Madril I made you pay too for what you did.

Steve Stack: Before I let you all go, Omar let me just say how happy I am that you're back and that you didn't suffer a more serious injury from that Spike Piledriver.

Omar Atlas: I'm happy to be back too Steve because now I have my chance to make Jose pay and to make Mr. Mexico pay. I want to take that mask off his face and show all the world he is not what he says, he is not a Mexican he is only a fraud. Maybe this Sunday night I can do it. Thank you Steve Stack.

-Mil, Apollo & Omar Atlas leave the interview area and Roy Lee Welch comes in

hc5IzrH.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Now let me bring in the man who will face David Von Erich in today's main event, Roy Lee Welch. Roy, last week we saw Tony Torres wrestle Bill Ash who would have most likely broken his leg with the Fuller Leglock the way he did Josh Stroud if you hadn't run in and stopped him. And then last Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena we saw Tony Torres return the favor when he stopped Bill Ash from breaking your leg in the same hold. Now I've heard you two have been training together, do you plan on becoming a tag team?

Roy Lee Welch: Well right now I'm pretty busy in my battle with Bill Ash but it's certainly a possibility down the road, once I've seen Ash back to Alabama with his leg in a cast that very well might happen. But I felt a lot of guilt over what happened to Josh Stroud two weeks ago and I vowed that Bill Ash wasn't going to break anyone else's leg with my family's hold. So when I saw he was getting ready to try it again last week I had to come down and stop him and luckily Tony returned the favor last Sunday night. This young man is only really starting out in his career as a professional wrestler and Steve I think you know how hard it can be in your first few years in this sport. You take a lot of beatings, you don't win too many matches but that's part of the learning process that we all go through. So I'm trying to help guide this young man through that difficult period because I think he has a lot of promise and a lot of heart and I'd like to see him succeed and become a champion one day. He's asked me to partner up with him in a tag team like you mentioned but I can't do that just yet so I've asked my friend Mike Jackson to team up with Tony and they'll be making their debut as a tag team this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena against a tough team in Bruiser Costa and Terry Adonis.

Steve Stack: That's a very admirable Roy. This Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena you'll be taking on Bill Ash once again. You two have been battling for a few weeks now, when do you think this feud between you two is going to end?

Roy Lee Welch: It's not going to end until one of us has a broken leg, that I'm sure of. And of course I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it's not me. I know Bill Ash isn't worried about beating me in a match, he just wants to collect his money so that's the same mindset I'm going to have. I'm only going out there to hurt him, not win a match.

Steve Stack: Roy you've got a TV Title match in the main event of today's program, with all the things that are going on with you and Bill Ash, do you feel you're adequately prepared, adequately focused on this big match?

Roy Lee Welch: I'm not a newcomer to this sport, I've been wrestling for many years now and I know part of being a professional wrestler is being ready for any opponent at any time. I watch every match here on TV and every match that I can while I'm at the arenas so I've seen a lot of David Von Erich and yes, I do feel I'm ready for this match. I'd love to win that TV Title and rub it some of my family's face that they were wrong about me and that I could come to Texas and become a champion.

Steve Stack: Well Roy good luck in your match today and this Sunday night against Bill Ash. We've got to take another time out but you won't want to touch that dial because we have a ton of great action still in store including that TV Title match and also Ken Lucas taking on Yoshi Seito!

-Third commercial break-

klRiVSq.jpg?1UfCf1n8.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and with me now are two men who will be teaming up this Sunday night to take on the team of Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito. It seemed like there was some tension last week with you two and The Fabulous Ones all vying for the win in that 8 man tag Dream Match, is that all water under the bridge now?

Ken Lucas: I think so Steve Stack, you know this sport is very competitive and even sometimes when you've friends with someone and teaming up with them you still want to be the one who gets the win yourself. I know I wanted to win so I could get that Stretcher match with David Von Erich and Jim wanted to win so he could get a Cage match with Tully Blanchard, but that's not how things played out. But we're happy for The Fabs and we're going to be rooting them on this Sunday night to take a whole lot of gold away from The Texas Dynasty.

Steve Stack: What's caused you two to decide to team up together to take on Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito?

Jim Duggan: Well I know from experience now that there is no way I'll wrestle one of them without the other one there and since I want to beat up both of them anyway I thought it just made good sense to find me a partner to wrestle them in a tag team match. Since Kenny's usual partner Eddie Gilbert is still not cleared to wrestle I thought he was the best person for me to ask and he said yes so this Sunday we're going to bust some heads together and maybe get rid of Tully's bodyguard Mr. Saito altogether.

Steve Stack: I'm glad to see things have been patched up now between yourselves and The Fabulous Ones, let's not take any more time here at the interview area because Ken I'm sure you're ready to get down to the ring now and wrestle Yoshi Seito.

Ken Lucas: You bet I am Steve Stack, I'm planning to put him to sleep to.

-Ken Lucas heads down to the ring while Jim Duggan stays at the interview area and does commentary on the match alongside Steve Stack

Ken Lucas vs. Yoshi Seito w/Mr. Saito -

Yoshi Seito starts the match by bowing to Ken Lucas and then shooting in for a leg dive! They roll around on the mat and wind up in the ropes and the referee pushes Yoshi Seito away with his back to Ken Lucas which allows Mr. Saito to get in a quick chop to the throat on Ken Lucas! Yoshi Seito quickly rushes in and takes advantage of the situation and starts pounding on Lucas as suddenly Jim Duggan comes down to ringside and attacks Mr. Saito! A wild brawl starts to take at ringside between Duggan and Mr. Saito that ends up in the ring as Saito tries to escape and Duggan chases him in. It turns into a 2 on 2 brawl in the ring between Lucas & Duggan against Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito and the referee throws out the match. Duggan & Lucas start getting the better of the fight causing Saito and Seito rush out of the ring and take off back to the locker room!

Steve Stack: That certainly got out of hand! I pity the referee who has to try and maintain control of their tag team match this Sunday night! Folks don't touch that dial because we still have today's main event of Roy Lee Welch vs. David Von Erich on the way and when we come back we'll be talking to Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico and Alberto Madril!

Steve Stack: Before I bring in Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico and Al Madril I just wanted to speak briefly about some of the talk I've been hearing lately from the match makers of Southwest Championship Wrestling. There has been a big influx of talent lately, specifically in the tag team division and the feeling is that it's time for some new teams to start getting their chance to wrestle for the Southwest Tag Team Titles. Teams such as Yin & Yang, Bruiser Costa and Terry Adonis, Art Crews & Timothy Flowers, Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo have yet to receive a shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles and other teams like Ken Lucas and Eddie Gilbert and Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico have only had one chance in the months that they have been here. I've heard rumors lately that Stanley Blackburn is considering putting a moratorium on more matches between The Fabulous Ones and The Texas Dynasty until some of those teams I've mentioned have been given their opportunities. I'm sure we'll have more news on that front after this Sunday night's match between The Texas Dynasty and The Fabulous Ones but right now let me bring in the 3 men who will be taking on Mil Mascaras, El Gran Apollo and Omar Atlas in a big 6 man tag team match this Sunday night.

-Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico and Al Madril come in

idI08zd.jpg?2UE92ROF.png?1AOBVzys.jpg?1

Mr. Mexico:It's about time Stanley Blackburn decided to stop giving The Fabulous Ones all the title shots! Jose Lothario and I should have been given a match with The Texas Dynasty weeks ago so we could prove that Mexicans are far better wrestlers than Texans! But that's not what we're out here to talk about today.

Steve Stack: No, that's not what you're out here to talk about. First let me ask Al Madril why did you come to San Antonio to interfere in the match between Jose Lothario and El Gran Apollo?

Al Madril: You make it sound like I did something nefarious Steve Stack. These people know me, they know I'm a hero, just like Jose and just like this man here Mr. Mexico. I was in the crowd to see Jose, a mentor of mine who has helped me tremendously in my career, take care of a piece of garbage from Cuba who needs to be sent back where he came from! And that piece of garbage though he was going to take out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights and defeat the great Jose Lothario like a low down dirty cheater. All I did was run into the ring and stop him from cheating, I would have never interfered if he didn't pull out those brack knuckles!

Steve Stack: From what I recall it was Jose who brought those brass knuckles to the ring and pulled them out of his tights and not El Gran Apollo.

Jose Lothario: Well you're recalling it wrong Steve Stack! But that's not a surprise since you've made your bias for El Gran Apollo and Mil Mascaras very clear. But it doesn't matter what you say because history will show that I defeated El Gran Apollo, I pinned him in the middle of the ring and proved that I am the better man just like I said all along.

Steve Stack: Since I don't think we're going to find agreement on that issue, let me move along. Why did you take handcuff Mil Mascaras to the ring post and whip him with a belt after the match was over? Was that really necessary?

Mr. Mexico: Of course it was necessary! You weren't the one hand cuffed to Mil Mascaras for 10 minutes listening to the vile things he had to say about Jose Lothario and myself. All I want to do is be the role model that the Spanish speaking people of Texas need and Mil Mascaras is anything BUT a role model let me tell you. After the match all I wanted to do is congratulate my friend and mentor Jose on his great victory and Mil Mascaras attacked me. Jose came to my aid and got the hand cuffs off of me and then when I told him what Mil Mascaras had been saying about him, he decided to teach him a lesson. It was all deserved just like this Sunday night when we Spike Piledrive Mil Mascaras, break his neck and pull that mask off of him, it will all be deserved and these people can all forget about their false idol and begin to show me the respect I deserve!

Steve Stack: Well gentleman thank you for your time I think that's about all I can take right now.

Jose Lothario: We're not finished yet Steve Stack because there is one surprise that you don't know about. That even El Gran Apollo and Mil Mascaras don't know about. We asked for the 6 man tag team match to have a very special stipulation. Whoever loses the fall for their team will be BARRED from Southwest Championship Wrestling! And once we Spike Piledrive Mil Mascaras and break his neck he'll be leaving wrestling that way, then we'll pin Omar Atlas and have him banned from Southwest and it'll be El Gran Apollo left all alone. And then the three of us are going to beat him down week after week and expose him to all these people as the nothing, the nobody that he really is. You people get ready to say goodbye to Mil Mascaras and Omar Atlas because they are BOTH going to be gone after this Sunday!

-Jose, Mr. Mexico and Al Madril leave the interview area and Mike Masters comes in

BaDztba.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Mike Masters last week you said if Tiny Anderson lost the match for you two against Yin and Yang then you would no longer help train him and now I see he's not out here with you. Are you no longer associating yourself with Tiny Anderson.

Mike Masters: Of course not! I gave the many more chances than he ever deserved. I had a friend of mine, who you might just meet later on, observe what Tiny was doing in the gym while I was lifting weights and he was supposed to be doing cardio. I found out that the reason he was always sweaty when I went to find him is because he'd sit in the sauna and stuff his fat face with food while he was in there! I don't think the man ever spent one minute on the treadmill or the exercise bike the whole time I took him to the gym. So I'm finished with Tiny Anderson. He begged and begged me to take him back telling me he was going to get serious about training this time. So I gave him one last chance, in his mind because he has no chance. I told him if he can defeat me in a match this Sunday night I'll start training him again. But we all know there is no way he can beat me so all this match is going to be is my chance to take out my frustrations and pay him back for the months of my time that he wasted. I might just break his neck when I lock him in the Full Nelson and it'll be the last anyone ever heard of Tiny Anderson in the wrestling business. And that's all I have to say about it, I don't want to hear any of your questions.

-Mike Masters walks out of the interview area and Moose Morowski comes in

qL9k2zh.jpg?1

Moose Morowski: Last week I tried to get Lord Alfred to take me back but he wouldn't listen to me. If he doesn't want to be my manager then fine but my career is not over yet. I still have one last run in me and I don't want to be remembered as a failure. I don't want to have my last memory as a wrestler be of losing, being humiliated, having the fans boo me. I want one last chance to win over these people, to prove to them that I'm someone they can believe in, to prove that I'm still worthy of their respect. This Sunday night I have a match at The HemisFair Arena and I hope when I come out the people will keep an open mind about me and not judge me too harshly for my past. I promise if you people put your faith in me I won't let you down and I'll make you proud. Thank you.

-Moose Morowski leaves and Lord Alfred Hayes comes in

g0bsIrJ.jpg?1

Lord Alfred: Did you just hear that Steven Stack? That was the most pitiful display I have ever seen in professional wrestling! That man is nothing without my managerial expertise and I'm quite confident that whoever his opponent is will dispatch him with great ease. Now on to more important matters. This Sunday night my man Bulldog Brower will have another match with -

Suddenly a man in a suit comes out and interrupts Lord Alfred

USc9Jzd.jpg?1

Lord Alfred: Excuse me? Who are you and why are you out here during my interview time?

Jim Holliday: My name is Jim Holliday, but you can call me "Gentleman" Jim Holliday.

Lord Alfred: I'll do nothing of the sort! What kind of a gentleman would come out here and interrupt me like this!?

Jim Holliday: A gentleman whose services were requested in removing you from Southwest Championship Wrestling.

Lord Alfred: What!?

Jim Holliday: You see, I received a call two weeks ago from a prospective client of mine and he told me he was having a lot of problems with you interfering in his matches and he wanted to see if I could help get rid of you. And that's what I came here to do. Because not only is it time for Southwest Championship Wrestling to move into the future with fresh young talented wrestlers, it's time for fresh new managers and that's why I'm here.

Lord Alfred: What are you blithering on about?!

Jim Holliday:You see, I went into Stanley Blackburn's office and I negotiated a few very special provisions in your man Bulldog Brower's match this Sunday night with Steve Pardee. As the premier negotiator in all of wrestling I managed to come up with a trade off. In return for allowing Bulldog Brower to have his specialty match, a Dog Collar match I added in one extra stipulation. And that's if Bulldog Brower happens to lose that match, if Steve Pardee is victorious then your manager's license becomes null and void and you'll be looking for work elsewhere.

Lord Alfred: What!? I never agreed to this! You can't negotiate a contract for one of my men's matches without me signing off on the deal!

Jim Holliday: I can and I did. Not only are the wrestlers you keep bringing in here old and out classed but so are you. And now since this is surely the last time I'll be seeing you here, let me say farewell and good luck in wherever life takes you next.

-Jim Holldiay leaves the interview area

Lord Alfred: What is this about!? He can't put that kind of stipulation into one of my contracts! He can't! It's preposterous! It's abominable! It's -

Steve Stack: Lord Alfred get a hold of yourself! You look as if your head is about to explode!

Lord Alfred: I'm perfectly in control of my emotions right now! He hasn't gotten to me! I'm not upset at all! I'm confident in my man Bulldog Brower, a Dog Collar match IS his specialty and it's Steve Pardee who will be the one looking for a new line of work after the Bulldog ends his career! Yes that's it! He's the one in trouble not me! Just you wait and see Steven Stack and next week I'll be back here to see Bulldog Brower erase that smug look off that ugly mug of Jim Holliday! Cheers!

-Lord Alfred storms out of the interview area

Steve Stack: I think it's very obvious that Lord Alfred was anything BUT in control of his emotions. Make sure you stay in control of YOUR emotions during this last commercial break because when we come back we have our big main event, David Von Erich defending the TV Title against Roy Lee Welch and you won't want to miss it!

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling, we're not going to waste any time getting to our big main event match today of David Von Erich defending the Southwest Television Title against Roy Lee Welch! Let's head down to the ring for the introductions.

Roy Lee Welch vs. David Von Erich w/Sunshine - Southwest TV Title match -

Roy Lee Welch offers a handshake to start the match but David Von Erich just mocks the height difference between the two of them with David being at least 8 inches taller than the challenger. They lock up and David quickly shoves Welch to the mat and starts trash talking the crowd about how Welch doesn't stand a chance. Welch calmly goes for another lock up and David again just shoves him down and turns to Sunshine to trash talk Welch some more but when he turns back he eats a big dropkick from Welch! David goes down and rolls outside of the ring and Sunshine tries to calm him down as David is furious about getting caught by the dropkick. David comes back into the ring and challenges Welch to another lock up but this time hits a short knee into the stomach of the challenger and puts him into a headlock. David maintains control of the headlock for a bit until Welch is able to shove David forward into the ropes for a break. David tries to go for a punch off the break but Welch ducks it and the momentum sends David flying over the top rope! David argues for a disqualification but referee Jack Howe says Welch didn't send him over the top rope which just gets David even more heated. Sunshine tries to distract Welch by trash talking him while David stalks around to the other side of the ring and tries to come charging in behind Welch but Roy turns in time to catch David with a big arm drag coming and then sits down on him with an arm bar! David reaches out and gets his long legs into the ropes to cause a break but is madder than ever at getting caught with the arm drag. David goes charging in again and this time gets taken down by a drop toe hold and then Welch tries to get him turned over and put into the Spinning Toe Hold but David boots him right in the face and Welch staggers backwards. David scrambles back up to his feet and goes charging at Welch again as he's backed into the corner but Welch dodges out of the way and David slams hard into the corner shoulder first and then Welch rolls him up for the count of 2! David gets up a little bit faster then Welch and blasts him with a knee lift that puts Welch on the canvas. David goes for the stomach Claw and gets it on but Welch is too close to the rope and David quickly has to break the hold. David tries to quickly put it back on but Welch rolls out of the ring and David tries to follow him outside but Welch quickly rolls back in and then catches David with a stomp on his Claw hand as David put his hands on the apron to pull himself back up. David gets infuriated at having his hand stomped and starts having a fit at ringside as Sunshine tries to calm him down.

Suddenly Bill Ash comes running down to ringside and tries to get in the ring to attack Roy Lee Welch but the referee Carl Fergie sees him coming in and keeps him from getting through the ropes off the apron. Welch gets distracted by the commotion which allows David to rush in and nail him in the back with a running high knee. David picks Welch back up and holds him from behind for Sunshine to hit with her loaded purse. Sunshine hops up on the apron and swings the purse but just as she's about to connect, Welch breaks free and Sunshine connects with David Von Erich! Referee Jack Howe comes out from the back and gets Bill Ash away from the ring and Sunshine is in shock on the apron as Roy Lee Welch quickly covers the unconscious David Von Erich! Carl Fergie turns around and sees Roy Lee Welch making the pin and makes the count of 3 just as Sunshine dives into the ring to stop him! Roy Lee Welch is the new Southwest Television Champion!

Steve Stack: We've got a new Southwest Television Champion! That's one less title that Sunshine is going to have to worry about carrying around in her wheel barrow! I can only imagine what David Von Erich is going to do when he wakes up!

Fans we're all out of time, don't miss your chance to buy tickets to the HemisFair Arena this week to see The Fabulous Ones take on The Texas Dynasty in a Texas Tornado Street Fight with both the AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles and the National Tag Team Titles on the line, Roy Lee Welch the new TV Champ taking on Bill Ash, Ken Lucas & Jim Duggan against Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito, the big 6 man tag team match with the loser being barred from Southwest between Mil Mascaras, El Gran Apollo and Omar Atas and the team of Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexcio and Alberto Madril, all those great matches and more this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena! We'll see you next time on Southwest Championship Wrestling!

Cliff Notes Version:
-Steve Stack announced The Texas Dynasty's shocking debut on the TBS Superstation and their winning of the National Tag Team Titles
-Steve Stack reported that Stan Lane won the Dream Match 8 man tag & The Fabs would pick any match they wanted as the main event this week at The HemisFair Arena
-The Fabs announced they wanted a Texas Tornado Street Fight for BOTH sets of tag titles The Dynasty has.
-The Texas Dynasty had a fit about The Fabs making a match with both sets of belts on the line but vowed they would win anyway because they're only in the process of adding gold to their collection not subtracting it
-Larry Hamilton defeated The Canadian by DQ
-The Canadian & Larry Hamilton had a wild brawl after their match that had to be seperated by members of the locker room
-Mil Mascaras showed the cuts on his back from the belt whipping of Jose & Mr. Mexico and vowed to get his vengeance and make them bleed
-Roy Lee Welch talked about his TV Title match that day and also said he was taking the young Tony Torres under his wing to help him along in his first few years in wrestling.
-Roy vowed to break the leg of Bill Ash and send him back to Alabama in cast
-Ken Lucas & Jim Duggan talked about patching things up after a week of tension and how they were excited to team up again Sunday to take on Mr. Saito & Yoshi Seito
-Ken Lucas vs. Yoshi Seito quickly ended in a double DQ after Mr. Saito & Duggan both ended up in the ring
-Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico & Al Madril gave their version of what happened in the Apollo/Jose match from last Sunday and why Mil Mascaras was whipped
-Jose announced that he had a special stipulation inserted in their 6 man tag: The loser of the fall would be barred from Southwest Championship Wrestling!
-Mike Masters announced he was done training Tiny Anderson but that Anderson had begged him for one more chance and if Tiny could beat him in a match this Sunday, he would give it to him.
-Moose Morowski begged the fans for their forgiveness for his association with Lord Alfred. He said he doesn't have much time left in his career and wants to end it as a hero to the people.
-Lord Alfred Hayes was interupted by the arrival to Southwest of 'Gentleman' Jim Holliday who said he'd negotiated a contract for Steve Pardee vs. Bulldog Brower. In exchange for it being a Dog Collar Match, if Brower lost, Lord Alfred's manager's license would become null and void
-Lord Alfred went berserk upon learning the match had been negotiated without him and that he might lose his manager's license
-Roy Lee Welch defeated David Von Erich and won the Southwest Television Title after Sunshine hit David by mistake with her loaded purse

Scheduled for Sunday, October 16th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Southwest & National Tag Team Titles: Texas Tornado Street Fight: The Fabulous Ones vs. The Texas Dynasty ©
Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash
Mr. Saito & Yoshi Seito vs. Jim Duggan & Ken Lucas
Dog Collar Match: Steve Pardee vs. Bulldog Brower - If Bulldog Brower is defeated Lord Alfred Hayes will lose his manager's license!
Loser of fall barred from Southwest: El Gran Apollo, Mil Mascaras & Omar Atlas vs. Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico & Al Madril
Mike Masters vs. Tiny Anderson
Yin & Yang vs. Art Crews & Timothy Flowers
The Canadian vs. Larry Hamilton
Tony Torres & Mike Jackson vs. Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis
Moose Morowski vs. Ali Bey

Spent some time catching up on your shows. You're ability to write interviews makes you shows a great read. Also, you never know what is coming next. Also, the Texas Dynasty is the perfect heel combo.

Why do we tune into shows each and every week? It is because we want to see those we hate and how are the going to make up mad this week and maybe once, just once, they will get what's coming to them. That is the Texas Dynasty.

I shared some of my thoughts with you via PM. But everyone in Southwest seems to have their hands full, which is a credit to your planning and delivery week in week out. But i smell some turns coming and all might not be well in the Texas Dynasty after that lost for DVE...

And for everyone who hasnt ever seen DVE as a heel, there is a 1 Disc comp of his stuff from Florida...

WOOO Roy Lee Welch! Did not see that coming with the loaded purse finally backfiring on the Dynasty. Seems like it's high time that the Fabs gave the Dynasty their comeuppance in the hemisFair show also. I wonder how long they last without all of their gold and success if that happens. Masters is setting himself up for a fall, but I'm not sure exactly how. I do enjoy how every new roster member has something to do in a big angle. Keep up the great work!

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 10/16/83

Moose Morowski vs. Ali Bey - Moose offered a handshake to start the match but only got a chop to the throat in return. Ali Bey beat on Moose Morowski for a bit until Morowski made a comeback and ended up finishing off The Turk with a shoulder breaker.

Winner: Moose Morowski in 4:32 after a shoulder breaker

Tony Torres & Mike Jackson vs. Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis - Tony Torres started the match against Terry Adonis and held his own for the first few minutes until Adonis raked the eyes. Torres then wound up in the wrong corner and took a beating for a few minutes but couldn't be pinned for the 3 count. Torres managed to roll out of the way of a big elbow drop from Bruiser Costa and make it to the corner to tag Mike Jackson. Jackson came in fired up and hit some arm drags and dropkicks on the legal man Costa and Terry Adonis when he ran in to try and cut Jackson off. Costa used Adonis' interference to cheap shot Jackson from behind and try to whip him into the corner but Jackson countered with his turn around crossbody out of the corner! Costa dodged it at the very last second however and then hit a big senton splash on Jackson's back while he was on the mat and turned him over the cover and the count of 3.

Winners: Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis in 6:47 after a senton on Mike Jackson

The Canadian vs. Larry Hamilton - The Canadian attacked before the bell sounded and just overwhelmed Larry Hamilton with his brawling, hard hitting style. The Canadian worked over Hamilton for a few minutes by just beating, pounding and stomping on him. The Canadian had Hamilton in his sights for his Running Boot but Hamilton ducked under it and surprised The Canadian with a roll up and the count of 3!

Winner: Larry Hamilton in 5:20 after ducking under the Running Boot and rolling up The Canadian

After the match, as referee Carl Fergie was raising Hamilton's arm in victory, The Canadian blasted him in the face with the Running Boot and then left the ring to a chorus of boos.

Yin & Yang vs. Art Crews & Timothy Flowers - Yang started the match against Art Crews and the two wrestled each other totally cleanly for the opening minutes with the masked man from Japan gaining the advantage despite Crews being the larger of the two. Eventually Crews became frustrated at being out wrestled and tagged out to Timothy Flowers. Flowers came in and offered a handshake to which Yang bowed in return and then Flowers kicked him in the face while he was bowing! Flowers jumped on Yang and started pounding on him before Yang was able to escape his grasp and tag out to Yin. Yin came in and he and Flowers immediately engaged in a fight. Flowers got the better of the brawl and then slammed Yin down on the mat and went up to the top rope for an elbow drop. Yin moved out of the way however and Flowers crashed hard on the mat and Yin quickly climbed to the top rope and came off with a Flying Heabutt that connected and then pinned Timothy Flowers for the count of 3.

Winners: Yin & Yang in 7:01 after a Flying Headbutt from Yin onto Timothy Flowers

Tiny Anderson vs. Mike Masters - Masters spent a lot of time before the match and during the opening minutes just mocking Tiny Anderson. Masters treated him like a total joke and made sure to contrast his physique to Tiny Anderson's by flexing and strutting and challenging Tiny to do the same. Tiny refused to flex and instead offered a handshake to Mike Masters that caused Masters to just laugh and start mocking him even more. Anderson again went for a handshake and this time Masters right in his face and started trash talking him. Tiny simply continued to try and ask Masters to shake his hand so Mike Masters pie faced Anderson down to the mat and turned to the crowd and laughed. Anderson got up and charged at Masters and caught him unaware and tackled him to the mat! Anderson started pounding on Masters as the crowd went wild but it didn't last long as referee Carl Fergie pulled him off of Masters and as soon as Masters got back up to his feet he attacked Tiny and just started beating the hell out of him. Masters picked him up and body slammed him and just kept picking him up to body slam him over and over. Finally Masters got tired and tried to pin Tiny with just a foot on Tiny's chest but Tiny got the shoulder up to a big reaction! Masters got incensed and grabbed him up and put him into the Full Nelson! Tiny Anderson quickly gave up but Mike Masters was very slow in breaking the hold after the match, much to the consternation of referee Carl Fergie.

Winner: Mike Masters by submission in 5:44 after a Full Nelson

Loser of fall barred from Southwest: El Gran Apollo, Mil Mascaras & Omar Atlas vs. Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico & Al Madril - Mil Mascaras wanted to start the match for his team but no one on the other side would get in the ring with him. Finally El Gran Apollo came in and started the match against Al Madril. Madril mimed knocking Apollo out with a bunch and Apollo charged at him but Madril retreated to his corner which baited Apollo into a 3 on 1 situation. Mascaras tried to come in and help him but referee Jack Howe held him back which just allowed Jose's team to continue their 3 on 1 assault. Madril tagged out to Mr. Mexico who came in and put a chin lock on Apollo while the crowd cheered Apollo on. Apollo started to fight out of the chin lock but Jose distracted the referee which allowed Mr. Mexico to yank him back down by his hair. Apollo started his way back to his feet again and this time shoved Mr. Mexico off him into his corner, knocking Jose off the apron and dove into his corner to make the tag to Mil Mascaras just as Al Madril ran into the ring to try and cut him off.

Mascaras came in and started laying punches into Madril! Mr. Mexico tried to attack Mascaras with a double sledge but Mascaras caught him coming in with a shot to the midsection and then slammed Mr. Mexico & Al Madril's heads together. Madril rolled out of the ring and then Mascaras went to work on Mr. Mexico just grinding him down on the mat, constantly switching up the holds and punishing him. Finally Mascaras just got off of Mr. Mexico and challenged him to make the tag to Jose Lothario! Jose looked reluctant to take the tag but finally did and came in and got into his boxing stance. Mil charged at Jose and ducked a jab from Jose and came back with a big looping right hand of his own that put Jose down on the mat. Mascaras got on top of Jose and started pounding on him with punches until Al Madril ran in and hit Mascaras with a big knee to the back which allowed Jose to connect with a big punch from underneath Mascaras that caused the masked man to fall over. Jose then climbed on top of Mascaras and started raining down punches of his own on the masked man. Jose was pulled off of Mil by the referee and Mascaras wanted to fight some more but Omar Atlas was shouting from the corner that he wanted to get tagged in so Mascaras reluctantly tagged out and let Omar Atlas come in. Jose tried to box with Atlas, but Atlas started to roll around the mat, causing Jose to get frustrated at being unable to catch Atlas. Jose decided he'd had enough of playing cat and mouse with Omar Atlas and tagged out to Al Madril.

Madril came in and offered a handshake to Omar Atlas which Omar refused but it was enough to throw Atlas off and allow Madril to catch him with a cheapshot. Madril started choking Atlas on the ropes while Jose & Mr. Mexico kept the referee distracted and then Madril dropped Atlas through first across the top rope. Madril went for the cover but Atlas kicked out at two. Madril decided to go for his finisher, the Indian Deathlock but as he was putting it on, Omar Atlas sat up and grabbed Madril and pulled him into a small package and got the count of 3 before Mr. Mexico or Jose Lothario could run in to break the pin!

Winners: Omar Atlas, El Gran Apollo & Mil Mascaras in 13:29 after Omar Atlas pinned Al Madril with a small package. As a result of the match, Al Madril is barred from Southwest Championship Wrestling!

Mr. Mexico and Jose quickly ran into the ring and started to stomp on Omar Atlas and when Mascaras & Apollo tried to run in and help him, Al Madril leg dived Apollo and held him down while Jose & Mr. Mexico grabbed Mascaras and threw him over the top rope. Madril and Apollo rolled around on the mat exchanging punches while Mr. Mexico quickly set up his piledriver on Omar Atlas and Jose Lothario spiked him down! Mil Mascaras quickly returned to the ring with a steel chair which sent Jose & Mr. Mexico diving out of the ring to avoid him and they quickly ran back to the locker room. Al Madril wasn't as lucky and got blasted with the chair by Mil Mascaras. Mascaras and Apollo then turned their attention to Omar Atlas who was down and not moving on the mat, suffering the effects of the Spike Piledriver. Omar Atlas had to be removed from the ring on a stretcher as he was totally unconscious and possibly suffering from a broken neck.

Dog Collar Match: Steve Pardee vs. Bulldog Brower - The two men started with a tug of war over the chain with neither man really giving an inch. Brower started wrapping the chain around his fist to shorten the distance. Pardee did the same and both men ended up within striking distance, exchanging punches with chain wrapped fists and both men were quickly bloodied. Brower yanked Pardee into him and started biting on the cut, opening him up even worse and then started choking him with the chain. Brower wrapped the chain around his arm and went for an elbow drop but Pardee rolled out of the way, yanking the chain at the same time causing Brower to fall hard on the mat. Pardee fired up and started biting Bulldog Brower's cut in revenge! Lord Alfred Hayes jumped on the apron and distracted Pardee long enough for Brower to attack him from behind and then start whipping Pardee's back with the chain. Bulldog wrapped the chain around his arm, waiting for Pardee to get back to his feet and then pulled on the chain with one arm while charging in to clothesline Pardee with the other. Pardee ducked the clothesline however and ended up circling around Brower, wrapping the chain around the Bulldog's neck! Pardee yanked down on the chain, pulled Brower in the Bulldog position and spiked him down hard and then covered him for the win!

Winner: Steve Pardee in 6:49 after a chain assisted Bulldog

Mr. Saito & Yoshi Seito vs. Jim Duggan & Ken Lucas - Jim Duggan starts the match for his team against Yoshi Seito. Seito tries a lock up and gets shoved half way across the ring. Seito gets up and stares at Duggan in a look of awe and fear while Duggan just stands in the middle of the ring with his hands on his hips. Seito tries to charge at Duggan with a shoulder block and just ends up flat on his back for his efforts. Mr. Saito shouts instructions to Seito in Japanese and Seito tries to throw a dropkick on Duggan but Duggan swats him down and then drops a big elbow on him and goes for a cover which Mr. Saito runs in and breaks up. Duggan challenges Saito to get in the ring so Yoshi Seito makes the tag out. Mr. Saito tries a lockup with Duggan and they fight over it for a good bit, circling around the ring with neither man able to gain the advantage until Saito gets Duggan close enough to the corner for Yoshi Seito to grab Duggan's tights and pull him back into the corner. Saito breaks off of the lockup and chops Duggan across the chest but Duggan responds with a big right hand that staggers Saito backwards and then blasts Seito with one that knocks him off the apron as the crowd goes wild. Duggan gets himself back into the center of the ring and challenges Saito but Saito has had enough of Duggan and wants him to tag out to Ken Lucas. Duggan doesn't really want to tag out but Lucas wants in so he finally relents.

Ken Lucas comes in and Saito challenges him to try and hit him with a shoulder block. Lucas charges in and only bounces off Saito which makes the big man laugh and challenge Lucas to do it again. Lucas bounces off the ropes and charges in again but this time slides between Saito's legs and comes up with a series of big right hands when Saito turns around and then puts Saito into a headlock. Saito tries to lift Lucas up for a suplex from the headlock but Lucas fights him over into a headlock takedown and grinds on it now that they're down on the mat. Yoshi Seito comes in and kicks Lucas in the fact to break the headlock which causes Jim Duggan to try and rush in but Jack Howe holds him back and that allows Yoshi Seito and Mr. Saito to make an illegal switch. Seito puts Lucas in a headlock of his own and the ref turns back around and sees Seito in the ring. He asks Saito if they made a tag and Saito says yes while the crowd tries to tell Jack Howe that they didn't but Howe allows Yoshi Seito to stay in the ring. Ken Lucas gets worked over for a while as he breaks out of the headlock only to be cut off by Mr. Saito when he tries to get to his corner to make the tag. Saito & Seito do another illegal switch as Jim Duggan again tries to come in after Saito cut off Lucas from the tag and cause Jack Howe to be distracted. Saito puts Lucas in his modified kneeling figure four in the middle of the ring but this time it's Duggan who comes in and breaks a hold with a big haymaker to Mr. Saito's jaw. Saito and Lucas both start crawling towards their corner when suddenly The Zambuie Express get to ringside and attack Jim Duggan! They pull him down off the apron and start beating on him and when Jack Howe sees it he calls for the bell!

Winners: Jim Duggan & Ken Lucas by disqualification in 10:24 after interference from the Zambuie Express

The Zambuies slam Duggan's head off the mat and then roll him into the ring and start stomping on him. Ken Lucas tries to help but gets thrown over the top rope by Elijah Akeem. Kareem Muhammad bounces off the ropes to splash Jim Duggan but suddenly finds Mr. Saito standing in his way! Mr. Saito is hot about getting DQ'd over their interference and starts poking Kareem Muhammad in the chest! Elijah Akeem comes over and starts threatening Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito tries to get Saito to leave the ring but Saito pushes him back and then shoves Kareem Muhammad which barely budges the big 6'5, 350 pounder. Kareem Muhammad shoves him back and they have a war of words which allows Jim Duggan to recover and he gets up and starts throwing punches at everyone in sight! He nails Saito and then starts trying to fight off The Zambuie Express but eventually succumbs to the numbers game and Mr. Saito has had enough and he and Yoshi Seito leave Jim Duggan to his fate.

Ken Lucas tries to get back into the ring but gets knocked off the apron by Muhammad and falls hard on the floor. Elijah Akeem slams Duggan down and holds his legs for Muhammad to splash him when suddenly Moose Morowski hits the ring with a chair and blasts Kareem Muhammad in the back with it as he's bouncing off the ropes to hit the splash! Elijah Akeem tries to get to Morowski and only eats a chair shot for his troubles also and as Morowski starts climbing into the ring The Zambuie Express take off out of the other side and head out of the arena! Jim Duggan gets up and looks ready to fight anything that moves but Morowski stands his ground and offers his hand in friendship to Jim Duggan. Duggan stares at him for a moment but then shakes his hand and the two of them leave the ring together and help Ken Lucas up off the floor and the 3 of them walk back to the locker room together.

Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash - Roy Lee Welch came out first and Bill Ash did not appear when he was announced. The ring announcer declared that he had until the referee's count of 10 to come out or he would lose the match by forfeit but the count of 10 was reached and Bill Ash never appeared.

Winner: Roy Lee Welch by forfeit

When Roy Lee Welch went to the timer's table to pick up the Television Title he was attacked by Bill Ash who came out of the crowd! Ash slammed his head off the table and then took the TV Title and smacked Welch upside the head with it when Welch was getting back to his feet. Ash grabbed Welch and rolled him into the ring and then got a chair and went in the ring after him. Ash slammed the chair down on Roy's leg and Roy screamed in pain! Suddenly Tony Torres and Mike Jackson ran down to the ring to try and help but Ash cut them off as they were coming through the ropes with a chair shot for each of them. Ash started to wrap the chair around Roy Lee Welch's leg when The Masked Wildfire ran out and attacked Ash from behind! Ash fought off The Masked Wildfire from Hendersonville, TN but while he was doing so, Art Crews & Timothy Flowers ran down to ringside and pulled Welch out of the ring. Crews and Flowers put Welch between them and started helping him to the back.

Bill Ash turned around to go back to Welch and saw him being helped down the aisle and was enraged. He kicked Wildfire between the legs and then while he was bent over hooked him into position for the Fuller Leglock! Ash pulled back on the leg hard and Wildfire screamed in pain as his leg snapped from the pressure! More wrestlers ran out from the locker room to stop him, but by the time they got down to the squared circle Ash was already retreating, the damage to The Masked Wildfire having already been done.

Southwest & National Tag Team Titles: Texas Tornado Street Fight: The Fabulous Ones vs. The Texas Dynasty © - The Texas Dynasty did their same deal as last week, dropping their titles into Sunshine's wheel barrow but as soon as that was done, The Fabulous Ones charged out of the ring after them and the fight started right there in the aisle. Stan Lane and David Von Erich fought their way up the aisle towards the ring while Tully and Steve Keirn battled in the aisle and near the entrance to the locker room. The two separate battles raged back and forth for almost 5 minutes with The Fabs in control but The Texas Dynasty trying their best to not get overwhelmed. Eventually Steve Keirn went to suplex Tully on the concrete floor but Tully kicked him in the groin and then slammed his head into the concrete. Tully stumbled back up the aisle towards the ring where Stan Lane had David Von Erich in the corner and was on top of him raining down punches. Tully jumped up on the apron and pulled Stan Lane down over the top rope and Stan tumbled hard down onto the floor. Tully tried to cover him but Lane kicked out before the count of 2. David came out of the ring and he and Tully started to double team Stan Lane. David grabbed a chair and Tully whipped Stan Lane into it while David held it out. Stan Lane stumbled back to his feet bleeding only to get the chair slammed down on his head again. Suddenly Steve Keirn came running down the aisle with a board and slammed it into David's back and then nailed Tully across the head with it as well. Keirn went back and forth on both members of The Dynasty, hitting them with the board until they retreated to the high ground of the ring. David and a bloody Tully Blanchard challenged Steve Keirn to get in the ring with them while Keirn stayed outside of the ring, helping Lane back to his feet.

Keirn and Lane started throwing chairs into the ring at The Texas Dynasty with David and Tully doing their best to dodge them. Finally Keirn & Lane grabbed two chairs and took opposite sides of the ring while Tully & David picked up chairs in the ring and waited on them to come in. David tried to swing down over the top rope at Lane on the floor and ended up missing and getting return fire right across the top of his head from Stan Lane which opened up a big cut on David's head. David fell backwards which was the signal for The Fabs to rush the ring. Tully managed to nail Keirn with the chair as he tried to slide in under the ropes but got caught from behind with a chair shot from Stan Lane. Stan Lane grabbed Tully and whipped him into the ropes and then caught him with a big karate kick and Tully fell onto one of the chairs The Fabs had tossed into the ring. Steve Keirn and Stan Lane picked Tully up and got him set for a Double DDT onto a chair when suddenly David slammed back of them across the shoulders with one big chair shot. Lane went down while Keirn stumbled forward and David grabbed him and whipped him into the ropes and went for the high knee but Keirn dodged out of the way at the last second and bounced off the other side of the ring and came flying into David Von Erich with a Flying Forearm that sent David flying out over the top rope and down to the floor. Sunshine desperately tried to get him back up as The Fabs once again grabbed Tully and this time successfully hit their Double DDT on the chair and Steve Keirn pinned Tully for the count of 3 and the win!

Winners and NEW AWA Southwest Tag Team Champions AND National Tag Team Champions: The Fabulous Ones in 16:51

The Fabulous Ones celebrate in the ring with their two sets of belts while Sunshine cried and cradled the unconscious David Von Erich's bloody head in her lap. Tully stayed completely motionless in the ring until well after The Fabulous Ones had left the ring.

Holy crazy main event Batman! Loved the Fabs/Moondogs feel of the match. I don't consider those matches or the Sheepherders matches to be all time classic tag bouts, but damn are they ridiculously fun brawls. Also, the Dynasty is showing signs of weakness, can they recover? Ash taking his frustrations out on a lesser Rich has to come back to bite him in the ass eventually. The Zambuie Express are a surprise Duggan opponent, but certainly interesting. Interesting also how Saito/Seito weren't overly happy with either team. Moose as a hacksaw partner? Poor, poor Tiny. Guess Lothario and Mr. Mexico are one down in their little war. Hopefully Mascaras and Apollo can take advantage.

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 10/17

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 10/22 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to another edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! We have one heck of an hour of action in store for you this week including a huge main event that will see the Southwest Television Champion, Roy Lee Welch, challenging the Southwest Heavyweight Champion Tully Blanchard with the Southwest Heavyweight Title on the line. But before we get to today's action we have a lot of news to get through from last Sunday night's card at The HemisFair Arena.

Last week we saw one of the most action packed nights in the history of The HemisFair Arena with 10 huge matches! I want to start off by congratulating The Fabulous Ones on their victory in the Texas Tornado Street Fight as they are now both the AWA Southwest Tag Team Champions AND the National Tag Team Champions. We'll be talking to them later in the hour but before we do that, I have to send my well wishes out to Omar Atlas who suffered a severe neck injury at the hands of Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico's Spike Piledriver. Omar was able to get the win for his team by pinning Al Madril during the 6 man tag between himself, Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo against Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico and Madril but after the match Jose & Mr. Mexico attacked him and once again hit him with a Spike Piledriver and this time the injuries he suffered were much more severe than the stinger he sustained a month ago. I've been told the doctors don't know if he'll ever be able to wrestle again and our thoughts are with Omar and hi family during this difficult time. We'll be talking to Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo about that later on in the hour as well.

Right now however, we have a video tape that was sent in by Sheik Adnan al-Kaissie. It seemed as if the Sheik's quest for vengeance on Jim Duggan was over after the defeat and suspension of Bruiser Brody but apparently that was not the case as last Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena, The Zambuie Express appeared and attacked Jim Duggan and looked to be ready to do serious damage to him before the intervention of Moose Morowski. Let's take a look now at the tape sent in by Sheik Adnan.

JsxAT2R.jpg?1
Sheik Adnan: Jim Duggan did you forget that I told you that I would never be finished with you until your body and your spirit was broken? Did you really think that defeating Bruiser Brody was going to make me go away? I will never go away Jim Duggan, not until you are defeated, not until you are destroyed, not until you are beaten down so low that you get down on your knees and you beg me for forgiveness for the way you have insulted me and my people! But I will not deny your strength or your toughness, you were able to defeat one of the biggest and the baddest men in all of professional wrestling. And that is why this time I have paid for not one, but TWO of the biggest and the baddest men in professional wrestling to come after you. Not even you can handle The Zambuie Express on your own Jim Duggan. And it does not matter what partner you try to find to help you, they will be powerless to help you against the most destructive tag team in all of wrestling. Whether it be your little friend Ken Lucas or that big idiot Moose Morowski who came and saved you last Sunday, none of them will be able to withstand the power of The Zambuie Express. This Sunday night will be the end of you 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan and when I have received word of the demise of your career I will have the biggest celebration this country has ever seen! And the Zambuie Express will have the finest food, the finest wine and the finest women of my harem to reward them along with a big pile of MONEY! Hahaha

Steve Stack: Well fans it's been a while since we heard from Sheik Adnan but it doesn't seem that time has lessened his hatred of 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan any. We've got to take a time out for our first commercial break but when we come back we're going to hear from 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan and his response to the attack of The Zambuie Express and the words of Sheik Adnan al-Kaissie.

-First Commercial Break-

JjawfbU.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and with me now is 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan! Jim, you just heard from Sheik Adnan who took credit for the biggest tag team in wrestling attacking you last Sunday night, what are your thoughts about the Zambuie Express coming to Southwest Championship Wrestling to try and injure you at the behest of Sheik Adnan?

Jim Duggan: You know maybe I'm not the smartest guy in the world, maybe I don't listen too good because I really did think after I beat big bad Bruiser Brody that I was finished with Sheik Adnan. But now that he's reminded me, he did say that he wasn't going to be done with me until he broke my body and my spirit so I guess I should just settle in to battling his mercenaries for the rest of my list because ain't nobody gonna break the Hacksaw! Sheik Adnan you did good this time, you gave me more than even I can handle because as tough as I am, I know I'm not going to be able to take both of those big Zambuies all by myself. Good thing for me is you're not a real popular guy in wrestling, or in Texas in particular. So I had a some people offer to be my partner against the Zambuies. Ken Lucas and Moose Morowski in particular. But not to take anything away from those guys, I feel like the thing I really need against two guys as big as The Zambuie Express is another Hacksaw. So that's who I got on the phone with, that's who I called and this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena my partner against the Zambuie Express is going to be HACKSAW Butch Reed!

Steve Stack: Hacksaw Butch Reed is coming to Southwest Championship Wrestling!?

Jim Duggan: Well he's a busy man, he's traveling all over the country now but he'll be here for one night only and that's all it's going to take. Because when you put us two Hacksaws together there ain't nothing we can't cut down even the biggest tag team in wrestling!

Steve Stack: Well that's one heck of a partner you have there, a former National Tag Team Champion, a World Title contender not to mention one of the strongest men in all of professional wrestling. But that's not the only match you're going to be involved in this Sunday night because in the semi-main event there is going to be a 20 man over the top rope battle royal with the winner of the match receiving something you've been after ever since you arrived here in Southwest Championship Wrestling: A shot at the Southwest Heavyweight Title!

Jim Duggan: That's right Steve Stack! And I know I'm going to be coming into that battle royal at a disadvantage after having to battle The Zambuie Express right before the battle royal, but it's going to take all 19 men teaming up together to throw me over that top rope and stop me from getting my hands on Tully Blanchard!

Steve Stack: Well there's a possibility that the Southwest Heavyweight Champion may not be Tully Blanchard as he has to defend that title on TV here today in the main event against the Southwest Television Champion, Roy Lee Welch.

Jim Duggan: You know I respect Roy Lee Welch, he's a heck of a tough competitor and he's the new TV champ but I have to say I'm actually rooting for Tully today because if he's the champion it doesn't matter how beat up I am after my match against The Zambuies, I'll have all the motivation in the world to throw out all 19 other men in the ring if I have to, to finally get my hands on that snake Tully Blanchard.

-Jim Duggan leaves the interview area and Bill Ash comes in

cj7S8fu.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Well Jim I wish you luck in both of your matches this Sunday night. Now let me bring in a man who will be competing in an 'I Quit Match' this Sunday night, Bill Ash! Bill you've created quite a stir since you came to Texas, claiming that you're going to collect $10,000 by injuring Roy Lee Welch and using his own family's famous Fuller Leglock to injure men like Josh Stroud and The Masked Wildfire. Now it looks to all be coming to a head this Sunday night with an I Quit Match, what do you think it's going to take to make Roy Lee Welch say those 2 words?

Bill Ash: I don't think about what it's going to take, I know what it's going to take. It's going to take that Fuller Leglock you just mentioned, the move that has already broken 2 legs since I came here to Texas and this Sunday night will break the third. Hearing Roy Lee Welch scream "I Quit! I Quit!" will just be a nice added bonus to the $10,000 I'm going to receive when I put him out of wrestling with the hold that was taught to me by his own family. And that's all I have to say about it. This Sunday is the last time you'll get to see ol' Bill Ash because once I've got my money I won't have any reason left to stay in this stinking hole called Texas and I'll be headed back to sweet home Alabama.

-Bill Ash leaves the interview area

Steve Stack: Right now I have one more announcement to make before we get to our first match of the day. This Sunday night in the main event there will be a Cage Match between The Texas Dynasty, challenging for the belts they lost this past Sunday night, and The Fabulous Ones! Stanley Blackburn has deemed this "The Last Dance" between these two teams and has declared this is the last match he will sign between the two teams in the calendar year of 1983. So fans make sure to buy your tickets now so you don't miss your chance to see these two teams lock up for the last time this year. We'll be talking to both teams later in the hour but right now let's head down to the ring for our first match of the day as we'll see The Canadian in action against Tony Torres.

The Canadian vs. Tony Torres -

Tony Torres went for a lockup to start the match but got caught with a sucker punch instead. The Canadian was all over him after that but Torres was able to mount a short comeback after ducking The Canadian's first attempt at his Running Boot. Torres came firing back with some punches of his own and then put The Canadian on the mat with a big dropkick. Torres hit another dropkick on The Canadian as soon as he got back up but The Canadian moved out of the way on the 3rd dropkick attempt and then blasted Torres with the Running Boot as Torres was getting back to his feet and pinned him for the count of 3.

Steve Stack: Tony Torres put up a valiant effort but the rough tactics of The Canadian proved to be too much for the rookie. We've got to take another break but when we come back we're going to be talking to The Texas Dynasty who will surely have a lot to say about their "Last Dance" Cage Match with The Fabulous Ones this Sunday night!

-Second Commercial Break-

Mh6Eyz2.jpg?1yLLfsIq.jpg?1

Tully Blanchard: WE'RE back on Southwest Championship Wrestling! I'm not in the mood for your stupidity right now Steve Stack so you just hold the microphone and be quiet. There's been a lot of talk about how the Texas Dynasty is going down hill, that people are trying to number the days we have left as the most dominant force in professional wrestling. Well that just shows how stupid those people are, that they don't even understand the meaning of the word dynasty. You see a dynasty is not something that exists for a few months, it's not something to falls apart at the first sign of adversity a dynasty lasts for years, decades, generations. And that's what you're looking at right here, David Von Erich and myself are going to rule not just wrestling here in Texas, but all over the United States, all over the world for years and years to come. That celebration that The Fabulous Ones had last Sunday night will be as short lived as the last time they had the Southwest Tag Team Titles. Stanley Blackburn declaring this Sunday night's match to be the "Last Dance" is a fitting name because it's the end for The Fabulous Ones. Once they get inside a cage with us, they won't be able to throw any chairs, they won't be able to swing any boards, it's just going to be them locked inside of a steel cage with the two toughest men in all of professional wrestling.

David Von Erich: And after we get back our Southwest Tag Team Titles AND our National Tag Team Titles this Sunday night, I'm gonna be out here next week to beat the snot out of that little runt Roy Lee Welch and correct the mistake that was made last week when he won MY Southwest Television Title in the greatest fluke in wrestling history. I don't even know how he managed to avoid giving me my rematch today or why he ended up getting a shot at the Southwest Heavyweight Title in the process. Maybe Stanley Blackburn decided to treat Welch like an adopted son since the rest of his family all abandoned him, I don't know.

Steve Stack: Tully I have to ask if you're not overlooking your Southwest Heavyweight Title defense here today against a very tough competitor, the man who defeated your partner last week, the new Southwest TV Champion Roy Lee Welch?

Tully Blanchard: Didn't I say I wasn't in the mood for your stupidity? Roy Lee Welch didn't defeat anyone, Sunshine made a mistake and David Von Erich paid for it. Sunshine may be the most beautiful woman in wrestling but that doesn't mean she doesn't get absent minded like all women do and she didn't pay attention to where she was swinging her purse. I'm sure David has made sure that won't happen again, and it's definitely not going to happen today because I'm gonna beat his brains in and when I get done Jimmy Golden is going to owe me $10,000 because Welch will probably be out of wrestling after how badly I hurt him.

Steve Stack: Well Tully let's assume you do successfully defend your title here today, I'm sure you heard about the 20 man battle royal this Sunday night with the winner receiving a shot at your Southwest Heavyweight Title. Are you worried about some of the entrants in that battle royal like Jim Duggan, Mil Mascaras, Ken Luca-

Tully Blanchard: Worried!? Why would I be worried about any of them? None of them are going to win the battle royal because you forget to mention that my main here Mr. Saito is entered into that battle royal and when he wins he's going to forfeit the match against me because he knows that the more gold I have, the more money he makes.

Steve Stack: Is that right Mr. Saito? You would simply forfeit your match against Tully instead of wrestling him for the Southwest Heavyweight Title?

Mr. Saito: I come here for one job, to help my friend Tully Blanchard. How I help him if I fighting him for his title? He pay me all the money he promise me, he take me to all the best restaurant in Texas, why I want to fight this man? I have advantage not only my judo but I have Yoshi Seito wrestle with me and we work together to eliminate all other in the battle royal. This Sunday I win the battle royal and next week I forfeit the match with Tully and make a lot of American dollar.

Tully Blanchard: You hear that Steve Stack? That's a man who understands you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Today I'm going to defend this belt and humiliate the paper TV Champion. Sunday night, David and I take back all of our tag team gold and the next week we'll back back out here with the wheel barrow full of gold and all these people predicting the demise of The Texas Dynasty will have a lot of crow to eat.

-The Texas Dynasty & company leave the interview area

Steve Stack: One thing I failed to mention about the battle royal is that the last two men in the ring will immediately wrestle each other in a singles match to determine the winner of the battle royal. Once there are only two competitors left, a referee will enter the ring and there will be no over the top rope eliminations, in fact if one of the last 2 men throws the other over the top rope they'll actually lose the singles match by disqualification. Now let me bring in two more of the competitors in that 20 man battle royal, two men who will also be in tag team action as they continue their battle against Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico: Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo!

RTByloo.jpg?1xi8XZep.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Mil, last week at the HemisFair Arena you won the match but it might be called a Pyrrhic victory because after the match Omar Atlas was injured by the Spike Piledriver of Jose Lothario & Mr. Mexico. Do you have any updates on his condition?

Mil Mascaras: Really it's hard for me to talk about Omar because the doctors are saying his career is over. His neck was broken and they say he will be lucky if he can walk again much less wrestle. So this Sunday night, for the first time in my career I don't care about winning a match. I don't care if I get disqualified or counted out or what happens. All I want to do is hurt Jose Lothario and that impostor running around in the colors of my country. When I came here all I wanted to do was try and make Jose Lothario see the error of his ways, to make him see how much he was hurting our people with his new attitude and the things he was saying. Now all I want to do is hurt him and get him out of professional wrestling for good. I've never set out to injure a man in this sport before but that is exactly what I am going to do this Sunday. Jose Lothario I'm going to put you in the hospital for what you did to Omar Atlas.

Steve Stack: Well Mil I know that's just about all you have on your mind at the moment, but you're also entered into that 20 man battle royal. What are your thoughts about possibly facing Tully for the Southwest Heavyweight Title and what will happen if it comes down to just you and El Gran Apollo?

Mil Mascaras: I gotta be honest, I really have not thought about it. I probably won't even think about the battle royal until after our tag match is over. But I would like to win the Southwest Heavyweight Title and give the people of Texas a champion they could actually be proud of instead of a coward like Tully Blanchard. And if it were to come down to myself and El Gran Apollo? Then I would shake his hand and wrestle him to the best of my ability and I know he would do the same. And if he beat me, I would shake his hand again and wish him luck. There would be no hard feelings either way.

Steve Stack: Apollo, we saw you wrestle Tully for the Southwest Title a couple months ago, are you looking forward to the chance to get a rematch?

El Gran Apollo: Yes. I want to be a champion and I hope win the battle royal. And if I have wrestle my friend Mil Mascaras I will do shake his hand too and let the best man win.

Steve Stack: Well good luck to both of you in both matches this Sunday night and when you talk to Omar Atlas tell him I'm hoping he proves the doctor's wrong and can somehow make it back into the ring. We've got to take a time out when we come back we'll be talking to The Fabulous Ones and apparently we're going to see Lord Alfred Hayes in action against Steve Pardee! I know you won't want to miss it so don't touch that dial!

-Third commercial break-

k3OGnkP.jpg

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! I have with me now the new AWA Southwest AND National Tag Team Champions: Steve Keirn and Stan Lane, The Fabulous Ones! First of all let me congratulate you on your big win.

Stan Lane: It sure does feel nice to have the Southwest Tag Team Titles back, especially after how hard it was for us to get our rematch. And lucky for us, Tully and David went off to Georgia and stole these National Tag Team Titles so now WE get to come out here with a belt on each shoulder. Maybe once we get our rematch with The Wild Bills and take the AWA World Tag Team Titles we can get Sunshine to give us that wheel barrow she's got no use for now.

Steve Stack: Obviously you guys are in a good mood today but your battle with The Texas Dynasty isn't quite over yet. This Sunday night you will face them one more time, in the last match that Stanley Blackburn is going to sanction between you all for the rest of 1983. What are your thoughts on the 'Last Dance' Cage match?

Steve Keirn: Quite frankly we love the idea. A Cage match is right up our alley, we just beat The Wild Bills inside a Cage just 2 weeks ago in Winnipeg so we're not stranger to winning Cage matches. And that Cage means there won't be any bodyguards running into the ring, no valets swinging their loaded purses it's just going to be the two of us against The Texas Dynasty and when the odds are even we've proven they can't beat us. We're ready for new challengers, there are all kinds of great teams here that deserve a shot at these belts whether it be our friends Ken Lucas and Eddie Gilbert or Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo, Yin and Yang, Art Crews and Timothy Flowers, there are a lot of hungry teams in the area and we look forward to facing them all.

-The Fabulous Ones leave the interview area and Lord Alfred Hayes comes in

yTugjAZ.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Now let me bring in someone who I thought would be gone from the area after losing his manager's license: Lord Alfred Hayes! Alfred last week here on TV we learned that 'Gentleman' Jim Holliday had gotten a match signed for Steve Pardee against Bulldog Brower that would see your manager's license be voided if Bulldog Brower lost the Dog Collar match last Sunday at The HemisFair Arena. Steve Pardee was victorious in the match and now you're no longer able to be a manager here in Southwest Championship Wrestling.

Lord Alfred: Of course I'm aware that my manager's license has been voided. That's why I am not out here in one of my immaculate suits and instead have on my wrestling attire.

Steve Stack: Then you intend to WRESTLE on today's program?

Lord Alfred: Steven I see you are as quick witted as ever. Of course that's what I intend to do. There is an old saying that "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself" and I have come to realize that is exactly what I must do. The men I chose for the task, the two Moose of Cholak and Morowski, Stan Stasiak, Bulldog Brower, were in all honesty far beneath my prowess inside the squared circle. I realize that I am the man I promised these people when I came to Southwest Championship Wrestling. I am the one who will bring a knowledge of the science of wrestling to Texas, who will transform this state from a ruthless people who cheer violence and barbarity into a refined audience who applaud the correct execution of a wrestling hold. There is truth in this world, Steven Stack and it can be measured. It can be tracked. Records are undeniable and the records show that I am a man who has held many championships, some of them even here in this very state of Texas.

Steve Pardee however has no such records to show, and thus it is simply a fact that I am far better wrestler than he is. There is no need to even have a match between us as there is no denying that I am better than him and I could not take seriously the opinion of any man who would disagree with me. But since the poorly educated and improperly placed President of the AWA has denied my request to be given a win via forfeit over Steve Pardee I will in fact enter the ring and do him the service of giving him the wrestling lesson of his lifetime and the lifetimes of all the poorly educated denizens of this so-called state of Texas. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to go to the ring. Cheers.

Lord Alfred Hayes vs. Steve Pardee -

Lord Alfred Hayes starts the match a bit reluctant to lock up as he instructs the referee that he should disqualify Steve Pardee as soon as he breaks any rules. Finally once they locked up, Pardee quickly got Hayes into a headlock only for Lord Alfred to immediately start shouting about his hair being pulled. Pardee let Alfred out of the headlock and they locked up again only for Pardee to grab a wristlock. Hayes tried to swing at Pardee with his free hand but Pardee ducked it and grabbed that arm and grabbed hold of both Alfred's arms twisted them around behind his back, putting tremendous pressure on Hayes' shoulders. Pardee held on to the hold for a short while and then let go of it and challenge Lord Alfred to lock up again. Lord Alfred instead continued to complain about Pardee "cheating" so Pardee offered him a free headlock. Lord Alfred grabbed onto it and started to gain a bit of confidence but Pardee was only toying with him and quickly slipped out of the headlock and grabbed his own! Then he ran forward and spiked Lord Alfred down with a Bulldog and pinned him for the count of 3!

Steve Pardee left the ring and once Lord Alfred recovered from the Bulldog he had a big temper tantrum in the ring laying on the mat and kicking and screaming about being cheated out of the match. Referee Jack Howe started to try and remove him from the ring as Lord Alfred started screaming he was leaving 'this awful state of Texas' and never coming back!

Steve Stack: I have to imagine that's the last we've seen of Lord Alfred Hayes here in Southwest Championship Wrestling! His attempt at wrestling Steve Pardee went even worse than his attempts to manage someone else to do it for him. Don't go away because when we come back we're going to talk to Mike Masters about his match this Sunday night with Steve Pardee and we also have a special video sent in by Robert Fuller for his cousin Roy Lee Welch!

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling! Before we talk to Mike Masters we're going to get a quick word from his former protege, Tiny Anderson.

FD7xy62.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Tiny it seems like your partnership with Mike Masters is over now, what are your plans going forward here in Southwest Championship Wrestling now that you're on your own?

Tiny Anderson: Steve I really felt down about myself over the last two weeks. Mike Masters really got in my head while he was training me and the only reason I was sitting in the sauna and eating was because it was the only time I had to myself, away from him and his constant mocking of me. Maybe I should have taken my training more seriously but I don't need Mike Masters for that. Besides, my whole family is a little bit overweight it's just in my genes. But after Mike Masters beat me and humiliated me last Sunday night, I got on the phone with my brother. And he told me he was going to finish up wrestling for Steve Rickard in New Zealand and come back to the United States, right here to Texas and help me get my revenge on Mike Masters. So real soon, maybe even next week I'll be out here with my big brother and we'll see then if Mike Masters still wants to run his mouth about me.

-Tiny Anderson leaves the interview area and Mike Masters comes in with 'Gentleman' Jim Holliday

BaDztba.jpg?1 USc9Jzd.jpg?1

Mike Masters: What a joke! That fat slob thinks I'm going to care about him bringing his brother in, big deal! I'll slap Tiny Anderson's brother around and beat him just like I did Tiny.

Steve Stack: Well that remains to be seen but I didn't bring you out here to talk about Tiny Anderson or his brother. I wanted to talk to you about your match this Sunday night with Steve Pardee. The last two times you two faced off, you lost the match due to interference from Lord Alfred Hayes and one of his men. Now the threat of that happening a third time has been eliminated, what are your thoughts on this match and how does your new manager Jim Holliday fit into the picture?

Jim Holliday: Well let me answer that first by saying I've not agreed to be Mike Masters' manager just yet.

Mike Masters: What!? I'm the one who called you to come in and get rid of Lord Alfred Hayes! You spent a week watching me at the gym and at the arenas to see if you wanted to manage me!

Jim Holliday: And I was very impressed. However, I haven't exactly seen you face very stiff competition in my time here. Beating up on Tiny Anderson isn't the most impressive of feats. And on the other hand, that young man Steve Pardee has impressed me a great deal in the way he handled himself against Bulldog Brower and the things I was told about what he's been through with Lord Alfred Hayes over the last few months.

Mike Masters: So you're going to manage HIM!?

Jim Holliday: I think that either one of you, with my guidance of course, could become great champions. You both have the youth, the skill and the desire that I'm looking for. And that's why I'm going to be in a neutral corner Sunday night watching the match and whoever wins will be the man that I take under my wing here in Southwest Championship Wrestling.

Mike Masters: Well I can tell you right now that man is going to be me! Now I'm not just going to beat him, I'm going to hurt him to show you what a mistake you made in even thinking to compare him to me!

-Mike Masters storms out of the interview area with Jim Holliday behnd him trying to calm him down

Steve Stack: Now I want to play a video we received from Robert Fuller courtesy of Southeastern Championship Wrestling with a message for his cousin Roy Lee Welch, let's play the tape now.

SOt3yTQ.jpg?1

Robert Fuller: Roy I know you probably didn't expect to hear from me like this, I guess I could have just picked up the phone and called you but I wanted the whole world to know what I have to say. I heard you won the Southwest Television Title last week and I wanted to say that I'm proud of you cous. I know I said before that you would never be a champion and boy you done proved me wrong. And I'm man enough to say when I'm wrong. So to make it up to you, I called Stanley Blackburn and I demanded that he give us that Southwest Tag Team Title match you've been asking for. And after a week of calling him every day, he finally gave in. Next week at the HemisFair Arena it's going to be me and you teaming up again to finally get that title shot we were after months ago. So I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

And let me just say on another note, I heard about Bill Ash using the Fuller Leglock and I swear I had nothing to do with teaching him that hold. That was all Jimmy Golden's doing! Jimmy and I may be team mates but we don't see eye to eye on everything and I didn't know anything about him teaching the famous Fuller family hold to Bill Ash or offering him $10,000 to hurt you. I can promise you I let Jimmy have an earful of what I thought about it when I did hear. But I don't want to fight with Jimmy over it, all I want to do is put our family back together. When you and I win the Southwest Tag Team Titles together we'll prove to Jimmy that he was wrong about you and hopefully we can put all this fighting behind us. So Roy good luck in your I Quit match, don't go getting yourself hurt because we have a contract to wrestle the champions next week and we can't do that if you've got a broken leg.

Steve Stack: Well that's not exactly what I expected to hear from Robert Fuller but apparently what he said is true, Roy Lee Welch and Robert Fuller will be facing whoever wins this Sunday night's Cage match next week for the Southwest Tag Team Titles. We'll get a quick word from Roy Lee Welch when we come back from commercial and then we'll have our main event of TV Champion Roy Lee Welch facing the Southwest Heavyweight Champion Tully Blanchard with the Southwest Heavyweight Title on the line!

hc5IzrH.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back and before you head to the ring Roy, I wanted to get a quick word from you about your I Quit match this Sunday night and your tag team title match next week, assuming you don't end up falling victim to the Fuller Leglock on Sunday.

Roy Lee Welch: You know, it made me happy to see that video from Robert Fuller but I can't let myself think too much about that right now. This Sunday night I have a very serious match, an I Quit Match and I'm looking to break Bill Ash's leg in that match and I know he's looking to do the same to me. So I can't look to much into the future when I have that in front of me, and especially when I have a chance to win the Southwest Heavyweight Title right here today. Nothing is guaranteed and I might not even be up walking around next Sunday night with the bad intentions that Bill Ash has in mind. But I can say that if I come out of the I Quit match will all my limbs intact, I will most definitely team with my cousin Robert to finally get the Southwest Tag Team Title shot I've been asking Stanley Blackburn about for months.

Steve Stack: Well let's not overlook the possibility of you having every title in Southwest Championship Wrestling in 2 weeks time as right now you're the TV Champion, today you're wrestling for the Heavyweight title and next week you have a contract for the Southwest Tag Team Titles.

Roy Lee Welch: That's something I couldn't even put into words Steve Stack. In fact, I'd rather not think or talk about that right now, I'm just going to go down to the ring and do everything I can to take advantage of that opportunity by beating Tully Blanchard here today.

-Roy heads down to the ring

Steve Stack: Well that's certainly a man who has a lot on his plate right now! Let's send it down to the ring now for our main event of Roy Lee Welch against Tully Blanchard with the Southwest Heavyweight Title on the line!

Roy Lee Welch vs. Tully Blanchard w/Sunshine - Southwest Heavyweight Title Match

Tully starts the match by offering a handshake but Welch slaps his hand away. Tully refuses to lock up until Welch shakes his hand but Welch isn't falling for it. Tully continues to plead for a handshake, saying that he and Welch are both champions and they should start the match the right way. Welch finally starts to go for the handshake and Tully immediately tries to go for a cheapshot but Welch gets his arm up in time to block it and comes back with a big right hand of his own that puts Tully on the mat and Tully immediately rolls out of the ring. Tully starts complaining to the referee about the closed fist, and saying that Welch should be disqualified. Tully comes back in the ring and motions he wants a test of strength. Roy isn't going for that either so Tully complains to the referee about Welch's unsportsmanlike attitude. Welch charges at Tully but Tully quickly dives out through the ropes to avoid contact. Welch goes out after him and Tully puts Sunshine in front of him which stops Welch in his tracks. Tully then shoves Sunshine into Roy and when Roy catches her and spins her around out of harm's way, Tully attacks Welch from behind! Tully slams Roy's head into the ring apron and starts just viciously pounding on him. Referee Carl Fergie gets to the count of 9 before Tully finally shoves Roy back in the ring to break the count and then goes in after him. Tully just kicks and stomps on Welch and then starts choking him and breaking just before the count of 5 to avoid a disqualification. Tully starts trash talking Welch and the crowd asking them if they think Welch is what a champion looks like? Tully picks Roy up and sets him up for the Slingshot Suplex but Welch blocks it and hits a suplex of his own! Welch is fired up and Tully starts to beg off when suddenly David Von Erich runs into the ring and attacks Roy Lee Welch! Carl Fergie immediately calls for the DQ!

Tully & David are both pounding on Welch when suddenly The Fabulous Ones run out to the ring to help him! It turns into a big brawl between The Fabs and The Texas Dynasty until suddenly Mr. Saito and Yoshi Seito run out to the ring and start helping Tully & David! That brings out Jim Duggan and Ken Lucas and suddenly there is a wild 8 man brawl in the ring and then a 9 man brawl as Roy Lee Welch gets up and finds himself involved in it! The rest of the locker room runs out to try and help restore order and it ends up causing even more chaos than there already was! The show goes off the air with everyone still in the ring brawling!

Steve Stack: It's pandemonium here in The Junction! It almost feels like the battle royal has started a day early! Ladies and gentleman we're out of time here today, make sure to get your tickets for this Sunday night to see The Fabulous Ones and The Texas Dynasty square off in the 'Last Dance' Cage match for the Southwest Tag Team Titles AND the National Tag Team Titles, the 20 man over the top rope battle royal for a shot at Tully Blanchard's Southwest Heavyweight Title, Jim Duggan and Butch Reed against The Zambuie Express and so much more! We'll see you next week on Southwest Championship Wrestling for more of the hottest hour in professional wrestling!

Cliff Notes Version:

-Steve Stack runs down what happened last week at The HemisFair Arena, including The Fabs winning the Southwest & National Tag Team Titles, the neck injury of Omar Atlas and The Zambuie Express' attack on Jim Duggan
-A video is played of Sheik Adnan taking credit for the attack by the Zambuies and warning Jim Duggan that he will not stop sending mercenaries after the 'Hacksaw' until he has been broken physically and mentally
-Jim Duggan says nothing can ever break him. He announces that he's called the other wrestling 'Hacksaw' to be his partner Sunday night against the Zambuies - Butch Reed
-Bill Ash talks about his I Quit match coming up against Roy Lee Welch and promises this is the match where he will finally break Welch's leg and collect the $10,000 from Jimmy Golden
-Steve Stack announces that Stanley Blackburn has made a 'Last Dance' Cage match between The Texas Dynasty and The Fabulous Ones with both sets of belts on the line and it will be the last time the two teams will be scheduled to wrestle each other in 1983
-The Canadian defeated Tony Torres in a quick match where Torres put up a valiant effort but went down to the Running Boot
-The Texas Dynasty said they are worried about being locked in a Cage with The Fabs because it means The Fabs can't use any weapons like they did to win the Street Fight
-Steve Stack announces there will be a 20 man over the top rope battle royal with the winner getting a Southwest Heavyweight Title shot
-Tully says that Mr. Saito is going to be the winner and that there won't even be a title match because Saito will forfeit
-Mil Mascaras vowed to get revenge on Jose Lothario for ending Omar Atlas' career. He said he was only out to hurt Jose and couldn't get less whether he and Apollo won or lost their tag match this Sunday
-The Fabs said they love that the 'Last Dance' will be a Cage match because it means no one can help The Dynasty. They're ready to end the feud and move on to new competition
-Lord Alfred Hayes declared himself a far better wrestler than any of the men he brought to Southwest and vowed to defeat Steve Pardee all by himself right on TV
-Steve Pardee totally dominated Lord Alfred in their match and beat him with the Bulldog
-Tiny Anderson said he was humiliated by Mike Masters but that he called his brother who is coming to Texas to help him get his revenge
-Mike Masters got very upset when 'Gentleman' Jim Holliday said he had not yet taken on Masters as a client and would instead manage the winner of the Steve Pardee vs. Mike Masters match at the HemisFair Arena
-Robert Fuller sent in a video congratulating Roy Lee Welch on winning the Southwest TV Title and apologized for saying Roy would never be a champion. Robert said he got a contract for he and Roy to face the Southwest Tag Team Champions next week and told Roy not to let himself get injured in the I Quit match so they don't lose their title shot.
-Roy was surprised but happy about the video from his cousin Robert but said he couldn't focus on anything at the moment but his title match with Tully and the I Quit match with Bill Ash
-Roy Lee Welch defeated Tully Blanchard by DQ after David Von Erich ran in and attacked him
-The Fabs came out to stop The Texas Dynasty's beatdown of Roy Lee Welch which led to almost the entire locker room in the ring brawling to end the show

Scheduled for Sunday, October 23rd at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Last Dance Cage Match for the AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles & the National Tag Team Titles:Texas Dynasty vs. The Fabulous Ones
I Quit Match: Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash
20 Man Battle Royal - Winner receives a Southwest Heavyweight Title match
Jim Duggan & Butch Reed vs. The Zambuie Express
Mike Masters vs. Steve Pardee
El Gran Apollo & Mil Mascaras vs. Jose Lothario & Mr. Mexico
Larry Hamilton vs. The Canadian

Battle Royal participants: Mr. Saito, Yoshi Seito, Yin, Yang, Ken Lucas, Jim Duggan, Art Crews, Timothy Flowers, Tiny Anderson, Bruiser Costa, Terry Adonis, Jose Lothario, Mr. Mexico, Steve Pardee, The Canadian, Larry Hamilton, Mike Masters, Mil Mascaras, El Gran Apollo & Moose Morowski

Wasn't saying more of a national feel to Southwest but in general. A match between the Texas Dynasty and The Wild Bills or The Road Warriors would be awesome. I enjoyed seeing Jerry Lawler have a shot at Hogan and cant wait until the AWA Tag Champions come to Memphis. Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race or Ric Flair made for supercards even though they were from different territories. Beating Race and being NWA champ had a lot to do with who Tommy Rich was in 1981.

Again, just to be clear, love what Southwest is doing but also enjoy the mixing of rosters with national title defenses.

Wasn't saying more of a national feel to Southwest but in general. A match between the Texas Dynasty and The Wild Bills or The Road Warriors would be awesome. I enjoyed seeing Jerry Lawler have a shot at Hogan and cant wait until the AWA Tag Champions come to Memphis. Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race or Ric Flair made for supercards even though they were from different territories. Beating Race and being NWA champ had a lot to do with who Tommy Rich was in 1981.

Again, just to be clear, love what Southwest is doing but also enjoy the mixing of rosters with national title defenses.

I've been using the AWA World Tag Team Titles as kind of the big motivation of The Fabs and The Texas Dynasty but it's been more of a line here and there rather than something heavily focused on. I did have The Wild Bills come in for a couple of title defenses and The Fabs have gone to AWA to wrestle them a few times as well. The referenced Cage match was booked by rainmaker on a Winnipeg card a couple weeks ago and thought it would be a good thing for The Fabs to bring up to hype their Cage match with The Dynasty.

I haven't really done anything with the AWA World Champion yet just because I've been mostly focusing on tag teams as my main events but I intend to keep using the AWA World Tag Titles as a special attraction and eventually will probably bring in Hogan for a big show here and there.