Pro Wrestling Only

Southwest Championship Wrestling Results

goc

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 7/4

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 7/9 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to Southwest Championship Wrestling! We have huge news to open this week's edition: the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament for the vacant belts will be held on July, 31st and we will have a huge announcement on a team coming in from Memphis who will be in the tournament on the 31st and will be making their first appearance in Southwest Championship Wrestling next week, right after this break!

-First commercial break-

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and I don't need to do a long introduction for these two, this video will speak for itself, making their very first appearance in Southwest Championship Wrestling this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena: The Fabulous Ones!

-The Fabulous Ones 'You Dropped the Bomb on Me' video plays

Steve Stack: I think The Fabulous Ones just dropped a bomb on Southwest Championship Wrestling judging from the crowd reaction to that video! Let's head down to the ring for our first match!

Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis vs. Mike Jackson & The Masked Wildfire

The Masked Wildfire is a 6'2 wrestler with bleached blonde hair billed as being from Hendersonville, TN. He is a small "Zorro" type mask that only covers around his eyes. Mike Jackson puts up a good fight at the start of the match but once he tags in The Masked Wildfire, Mansfield & Adonis take over. Mansfield keeps the ref distracted while Adonis chokes The Masked Wildfire with the tag rope and then Mansfield takes him down with a big clothesline and a kneedrop off the 2nd rope for the pin in 5:20.

Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis have their hands raised as the Southwest Championship Wrestling theme song begins to play and Steve Stack says we'll talk to Eddy Mansfield when we come back.

-Second commercial break-

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling. I have with me here Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis. Eddy it's been a while since we've seen you in the area, what made you decide to come back now and with a new tag team partner?

Eddy Mansfield:I heard The Fabs were coming to San Antonio so I got here first. I heard these guys are supposed to be the hot thing in the wrestling world, making all the girls go crazy. Well brother no body can make the girls go crazy like the Continental Lover and when I pop the balloon that The Fabs are riding in on Sunday night, all the girls in San Antonio are going to be saying "Who are The Fabulous Ones? All we want to hear about is Eddy Mansfield, The Continental Lover and his partner Terry Adonis!

Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis walk off to the left and Mike Masters comes into the interview area from the right

Steve Stack: Now I want to bring in a newcomer to the area, a young man who has traveled all over the world in his short career, Mike Masters. Mike you said you weren't going to come on TV today unless Southwest Championship Wrestling gave you a good opponent, well your opponent is 'Quick Draw' Rick McGraw!

Mike Masters: I thought this was a joke but I realized you people around here DO this think that little guy in the ring is tough competition. So when I get in the ring and wipe that mat with him you are all going to see what a real man is for the first time in your lives.

Mike Masters heads to the ring where Rick McGraw is already waiting.

Mike Masters vs. 'Quick Draw' Rick McGraw -

Masters overpowers McGraw on the initial lockup and then starts to pose but runs into the corner and yells for the referee when McGraw charges at him. Masters poses again after shoving McGraw down after a lockup but starts having a tantrum and kicking the ropes after McGraw catches him with a succession of quick armdrags. After about 6 minutes of action, Mike Masters sits down on a sunset flip attempt by Rick McGraw and holds onto the ropes for leverage to get the 3 count.

Mike Masters leaves the ring and poses in front of the ringside fans as Rick McGraw argues with the referee about Masters holding the ropes for leverage. Steve Stack says "Don't go away because we'll talk to Tully Blanchard when we come back!"

-Third commercial break-

Steve Stack asks Tully Blanchard about his match with Scott Casey Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena.

Tully Blanchard: "Do you know who my opponent tonight is?" Steve Stack answers: Eric Embry. "And do you know how many times I have beaten Eric Embry? No, don't answer that Steve Stack because I wouldn't expect you to be able to count that high. I have beaten Scott Casey just as many times as I have beaten Eric Embry and there is no reason I should have to get in the ring with either of these men. I call Lou Thesz, the commissioner of Southwest Championship Wrestling every week and beg him 'Lou please give me some real competition, give me someone who is worth actually getting in the ring with to defend my Southwest Heavyweight Title.' And who does he book me against? Eric Embry, Scott Casey, Bob Sweetan, losers, losers, losers. Is Lou Thesz afraid to give me real competition because he knows I'm destined to take his place as the Greatest Wrestler of All Time? Well if Lou Thesz isn't going to get rid of the losers so I can have real competition, I will do it myself. I made some calls and found out how to get in to contact with a man, and I use that term loosely Steve Stack, who can take care of some dirty work for me. A man who is vicious enough to be capable of hurting anyone, even the giants of the wrestling business. He heeded my call and he will be here to do what Lou Thesz refused to do: Rid Southwest Championship Wrestling of it's old, tired and weak!"

Tully leaves to his left and Steve Stack says those are some disturbing comments from Tully Blanchard and we can only wonder what exactly does he mean and who is he talking about getting in contact with?

Steve Stack says now he'd like to bring in Tully's opponent for Sunday night, Scott Casey! Steve Stack asks Scott Casey what he thinks Tully means by his comments and who he has gotten in contact with?

Scott Casey: Well Steve Stack, I don't really know what goes through the mind of Tully Blanchard. But what I do know, and what everyone knows is that Tully Blanchard hates defending his Southwest Heavyweight title, so I know if I don't beat him on Sunday then it might be a long time before I get another chance. That's why I want everyone to come out to the HemisFair Arena on Sunday night and give me their support so I can give them a Southwest Heavyweight Champion that they can be proud of!

Steve Stack says "We'll be back with Bob Sweetan next on Southwest Championship Wrestling!"

Fourth commercial break

Steve Stack welcomes everyone back to Southwest Championship Wrestling and has Bob Sweetan with him. He asks Bob Sweetan: Why did you sign a contract to face a complete newcomer to Southwest Championship Wrestling in matches all week across the Southwest area?" Bob Sweetan says he has called Tully Blanchard a coward and talked about Tully running away from people. Well Bob Sweetan will face anyone and this guy Fidel Sierra who calls himself "Cuba's Top Gun" said he wouldn't come to Southwest Championship Wrestling unless he could immediately face the best. So that's what he's got, Mr. Piledriver and if Fidel Sierra manages to make it his first week in Southwest Championship Wrestling, then we'll know he can back up his bravado. Bob Sweetan leaves to his left.

Steve Stack says he now wants to bring in a familiar face making a return today to Southwest Championship Wrestling: Ken Lucas. Steve Stack asks Ken Lucas about his time away from the Southwest area and why he's decided to come back now? Ken Lucas says he was here before with Ricky Morton and they were the Southwest Tag Team Champions. They went their own way but Ken Lucas found a new partner on his travels through Florida and when they heard about the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament, they decided to come back here and try and get a spot in it. Steve Stack wishes them luck as they head down to the ring for the next match.

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. Juan Reynosa & The Canadian -

The Canadian puts up a tough fight with a hard hitting brawling style with stiff kicks during his time in the ring but Lucas & Cook quickly gain control of the match once Juan Reynosa is in. Juan Reynosa winds up taking a pinfall after a flying tackle from Charlie Cook in 4:43.

Steve Stack is back in front out the Southwest Championship Wrestling backdrop with Lord Alfred Hayes. He asks Lord Alfred Hayes what's brought him to the Southwest area?

Lord Alfred: I have come to Southwest Championship Wrestling to bring a different kind of wrestler to this area. I have seen the type of competitior that is here: Cowboys, brawlers, hooligans. I will bring a more wizened, experienced competitor to Southwest Championship Wrestling. I want to educate the people of Texas on just what a true professional wrestler is, the type of competitor who has seen decades inside the squared circle and yet is only just now entering the most prodigous phase of his career. Those of you who come out to Southwest Championship Wrestling in your area this week will feast your eyes on the most marvellous example of a professional wrestler that has ever stepped foot into Texas. Those who do not will have to wait until next week when he will receive a hero's welcome on this television program, having won over the hearts and minds of Southwest Championship Wrestling through his superior skill and ability and leaving the debut of The Fabulous Ones being much more of a dud than a bomb. Cheers.

Steve Stack runs down the matches for Sunday Night's card at the HemisFair Arena featuring Scott Casey facing Tully Blanchard for the Southwest Heavyweight Title, The Fabulous Ones making their debut against Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis, Bob Sweetan vs. "Cuba's Top Gun" Fidel Sierra and more! Steve Stack says don't go away because when we come back we have the main event of Eric Embry vs. Tully Blanchard!

Fifth & final commercial break

Steve Stack says he was just told that Mike Masters vs. Rick McGraw has been added to this Sunday night's card at the HemisFair Arena! You won't see action like it anywhere else in the world! And now let's go down to the ring for our main event, a match that could main event any arena in the world and we have it right here on TV today: Eric Embry vs. Tully Blanchard!

Tully Blanchard refuses to get in the ring and instead leaves the ringside area and goes over to Steve Stack at the interview position.

Tully Blanchard: Steve Stack, I said I was going to get rid of the losers of Southwest Championship Wrestling and I'm not going to wait to get it done!

Suddenly Killer Khan hits the ring and attacks Eric Embry from behind with a big chop as Eric is focused on Tully Blanchard at the interview position. Embry goes down and Khan starts stomping on him. Khan goes to drop a knee on Embry but Eric rolls out of the way! Embry starts firing at Khan with right hands that barely register with the big Mongolian! Khan lunges at Embry but Eric dodges out of the way! Khan comes at him again and Embry goes between the big man's legs and when Killer Khan turns around he gets hit right in the face by an Eric Embry dropkick! Khan staggers back and Eric Embry goes for a second drop kick but this time Killer Khan moves out of the way and Embry crashes hard on the mat! Killer Khan goes for another kneedrop on Embry and this time he drops the knee right across Embry's throat! Juan Reynosa, Mike Jackson, The Masked Wildfire & referee Jack Howe try to come in and help but Khan keeps them at bay! Eric Embry starts to rise and Killer Khan rushes in and JABS Eric Embry right in the throat with his taped thumb! Eric Embry goes down writhing in pain and holding his throat as Tully Blanchard comes down to ringside with a big smile on his face and motions for Killer Khan to follow him. Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan come down to check on Eric Embry in the ring and Eric seems to be unable to breathe.

Tully walks back to the interview position where a disgusted Steve Stack asks him "Is this who you were talking about getting in contact with?"

Tully Blanchard: What does it look like Steve Stack? Eric Embry is only the beginning! Scott Casey, Bob Sweetan watch your backs because Killer Khan is coming for you too!

Tully & Killer Khan walk off and Steve Stack talks about how dangerous Killer Khan is, his history of breaking Andre the Giant's ankle and how if he could do that to Andre the Giant he can injure any man in professional wrestling! Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan come up to the interview position as the camera quickly pans back to the ring to show Eric Embry being loaded onto a stretcher.

Scott Casey: Steve Stack, this is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in not just my professional wrestling career, but my whole life! Tully Blanchard thinks he can just bring this big monster in from Mongolia and solve all his problems, well now he has even bigger problems! Tully Blanchard I am going to make you pay for what you did to Eric Embry! I don't care if you bring that big monster with you to the ring at the HemisFair Arena Sunday night, nothing is going to stop me from beating your brains out and taking that Southwest Title from you!

Bob Sweetan: That's right Tully Blanchard! You think you're a big man hiding behind Killer Khan well if you bring him with you down to the ring Sunday night, I can promise you I'll be right there in Scott Casey's corner to make sure that not even the monster from Mongolia can save you from the beating you deserve!

Steve Stack: Well you just heard it from Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan, they have vowed revenge for what's happened to Eric Embry here today! That's all the time we have today for Southwest Championship Wrestling, be there at the HemisFair Arena on Sunday night and join us here next week for more Southwest Championship Wrestling!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff notes version:

Fabulous Ones will be here next week!

Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis beat Mike Jackson & The Masked Wildfire in 5:20

Eddy Mansfield promo on The Fabs

Mike Masters debut

Mike Masters vs. Rick McGraw - Masters uses the ropes for leverage to win in 5:57

Tully Blanchard promo on Eric Embry, Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan

Scott Casey promo on Tully Blanchard

Bob Sweetan promo on newcomer 'Cuba's Top Gun' Fidel Sierra

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook beat Juan Reynosa & The Canadian in 4:43

Lord Alfred Hayes is bringing a new competitor to Southwest next week

Eric Embry vs. Tully Blanchard - No Contest

Killer Khan debuts and injures Eric Embry who has to be taken out on a stretcher

Scheduled for Sunday, July 10th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Southwest Heavyweight Title Match: Scott Casey vs. Tully Blanchard ©

Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis vs. The Fabulous Ones

'Cuba's Top Gun' Fidel Sierra vs. Bob Sweetan

Mike Masters vs. Rick McGraw

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. Ali Bey & Ninja Warrior

Lord Alfred's new recruit vs. The Masked Wildfire

Announced cards for Saturday July 9th - Friday, July 15th All cards subject to change

Saturday, July 9th Waco, TX

Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan vs. Tully Blanchard & a mystery partner

Fidel Sierra vs. Juan Reynosa

Sunday July, 10th

Southwest Heavyweight Title Match: Scott Casey vs. Tully Blanchard ©

'Cuba's Top Gun' Fidel Sierra vs. Bob Sweetan

Lord Alfred's new recruit vs. The Masked Wildfire

Tuesday July 12th Wichita Falls, TX
Southwest Heavyweight Title: Scott Casey vs. Tully Blanchard ©
Fidel Sierra vs. Bob Sweetan
Lord Alfred's "fierce competitor" vs. The Masked Wildfire
Mike Masters vs. Juan Reynosa

Wednesday, July 13th - Usual Wednesday show in Corpus Christi is moved to Thursday due to a joint show with ICW.

Thursday July 14th Corpus Christi, TX
Southwest Heavyweight Title: Scott Casey vs. Tully Blanchard
Lord Alfred's "fierce competitor" vs. Juan Reynosa
Mike Masters vs. The Masked Wildfire

Friday July 15th Weslaco, TX
Southwest Heavyweight Title: Scott Casey vs. Tully Blanchard
Lord Alfred's "fierce competitor"vs. The Masked Wildfire
Mike Masters vs. Juan Reynosa

During the airing of the July 9th Saturday TV, local promos were inserted for the Waco, TX market for the main event of Tully Blanchard & a mystery partner vs. Bob Sweetan & Scott Casey. After the final segment of the show another local promo was inserted to say that Killer Khan will be the mystery partner of Tully Blanchard for the night's main event in Waco, TX.

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ Waco, TX - Convention Center July, 9th 1983

Fidel Sierra beat Juan Reynosa with a piledriver in 6:12 after a dominating performance

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook beat Ali Bey & Ninja Warrior in 11:44 after a flying tackle on Ali Bey by Charlie Cook

Mike Masters beat Rick McGraw in 12:19 with a roll up

The Fabulous Ones beat Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis in 8:52 with Lane pinning Terry Adonis after a Russian Legsweep

Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan vs. Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan ended in a double countout in 17:52 with both teams having a crazy brawl around ringside using the timer's table and steel chairs to inflict punishment on each other. Finally the locker room has to be emptied to pull the two teams apart and an immediate rematch is announced for next week's main event on 7/16 in Waco.

In our discussions, you know how big of a fan I am of Tully Blanchard. He is such a great foundation piece for a promotion. As the JCP booker, it is good to see Casey in such a prominent role, something that will be great to utilize when we get him back. That along with Khan who is without a doubt one of the most highly touted heels in the world at this point. Keep doing work!

Killer Khan as an evil bodyguard is all kinds of awesome on it's own. The fact that he's Tully's bodyguard makes it even better. Tully can be as much of a little shit as he wants because who is gonna get past Khan long enough to do much to him?

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena July 10th, 1983

The night starts with The Masked Wildfire from Hendersonville, TN as the first competitor out of the locker room followed by Lord Alfred Hayes. Lord Alfred gets on the house mic and says "People of Texas, rise to your feet and prepare to feast your eyes on one of the most well conditioned athletes you'll ever have the privilege of seeing perform in front of you. I want you to give your most courteous and heart felt welcome to 'Golden' Moose Cholak! Out comes a giant of a man wearing a real, full sized Moose head out to the ring!

Moose Cholak vs. The Masked Wildfire - Moose Cholak dominates from the first lockup using his power to shove Masked Wildfire to the ground. Cholak controls the match with punches and clubbing forearms. Cholak barely ever moves out of the center of the ring and the match ends when Masked Wildfire charges into him with a Thesz press that doesn't budge the big Moose but sends Wildfire down on his back and then the big Moose does a quick splash which finishes the match.

Winner: Moose Cholak in 4:32 via pinfall after a splash.

Ali Bey & Ninja Warrior vs. Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook - Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook were in control for the opening portion of this match until Ali Bey and Ninja Warrior took control by using diversionary tactics on the referee which allowed Ninja Warrior to perform an illegal karate chop to the throat of Ken Lucas. Ali Bey & Ninja Warrior continued to work Lucas over in their corner with chokes and punches until Ken Lucas finally managed to make a tag to Charlie Cook who unloaded on both men with punches and tossed Ali Bey outside of the ring before running over Ninja Warrior with a huge football tackle and pinning him in 8:47.

Winner: Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook in 9:47 after a football tackle on Ninja Warrior by Charlie Cook.

Mike Masters vs. Rick McGraw - Rick McGraw starts the match as a house of fire after the way Masters cheated to get a victory over him on TV. Mike Masters keeps breaking McGraw's momentum by stepping between the ropes and into the corner and complaining to the referee about McGraw's closed fist. Masters continually works to get Rick McGraw into a full nelson but never quite manages to lock it in. McGraw gets a few near falls on Mike Masters but finally Mike Masters' perseverance pays off and he locks McGraw into the full nelson in the middle of the ring. McGraw manages to fight his way close to the corner and grabs on to the top turnbuckle pad for a moment as he tries to grab the ropes but Mike Masters yanks him back, pulling off the pad and exposing the metal buckle. The referee doesn't it and Masters causes him to look the other way and then kicks the pad out of the ring and rams McGraw's head into the exposed steel and pulls him back into the center of the ring. The referee turns to see Masters with the full nelson on McGraw who is seemingly unconscious, and after lifting McGraw's arm 3 times and having it fall, the referee declares Mike Masters the winner.

Winner: Mike Masters via submission with the full nelson in 11:16

'Top Gun' Fidel Sierra vs. Bob Sweetan - Fidel Sierra wants a handshake to start the match. Bob Sweetan hesitates and the crowd warns him not to but he finally relents and Sierra immediately rewards Sweetan for the handshake by raking his eyes. Fidel Sierra is completely focused on Bob Sweetan's shoulder for the entire match and works on it with various different holds and targeting the shoulder with kneedrops and elbows. Bob Sweetan makes a few attempts to fight back but Bob's shoulder gives out as he attempts to bodyslam Sierra which allows Sierra to re-establish an arm-bar. Shortly after it's announced that there are only 2 minutes left in the 15 minute time limit, Bob Sweetan starts to stir again and he breaks out of the arm bar. Sweetan starts to unload on Sierra with right hands but then his shoulder gives out when he attempts his Piledriver on Fidel Sierra with 30 seconds left. Sierra scrambles out of the ring and only breaks the 10 count long enough to ensure the match goes to a 15 minute draw. Sweetan gets the crowd fired up for 5 more minutes but Fidel Sierra has had enough and he heads back to the locker room.

Result: Time Limit Draw after 15 minutes

Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis vs. The Fabulous Ones - The Fabulous Ones come out strong and totally dominate Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis. Stan & Steve fight clean to start but as soon as Eddy Mansfield throws a punch, Steve Keirn lights him up with right hands that send Eddy scurrying outside of the ring. Adonis & Mansfield eventually get Stan Lane in their corner and try to choke him with the tag rope but Steve Keirn runs right around the referee into their corner and starts wailing away on them. The referee finally gets in there and gets Keirn back into his corner and while the referee is distracted, Terry Adonis takes out a small chain. Adonis swings at Lane but Stan Lane ducks and grabs the chain and blasts Adonis, knocks Mansfield down off the apron with it and then covers Adonis as the referee turns around to count the 1, 2, 3.

Winners: The Fabulous Ones - Stan Lane & Steve Keirn in 8:52

Southwest Heavyweight Title Match: Scott Casey vs. Tully Blanchard © - Tully Blanchard comes to the ring with Killer Khan so Bob Sweetan (with shoulder completely taped up) comes out to stand in the corner of Scott Casey. The match starts out at a slow pace with both men trying to wear down the other with holds with Scott Casey focusing on a headlock and Tully Blanchard going after Scott Casey's arm. At one point Scott Casey is tossed out of the ring and Killer Khan goes over to attack but Bob Sweetan is right there waiting for him and Khan decides to back off. During the closing moments of the match, Scott Casey has Tully reeling and gets ready to go for his patented Bulldog finisher but Khan jumps up on the apron and Scott Casey drops Tully and nails Khan with a right hand that drops Khan off the apron! Bob Sweetan grabs a chair and BLASTS Killer Khan with it! Sweetan yells at Casey to finish off Tully but then he gets attacked from behind by Fidel Sierra who rams Sweetan's shoulder into the ring post! Scott Casey & referee Jack Howe are both distracted by this & Tully takes advantage by hitting a low blow from behind on Casey and rolling him up! Jack Howe sees Fidel Sierra retreating towards the locker room and turns around to count the pin 1,2,3! Tully Blanchard retains the Southwest Heavyweight Title!

Winner: Tully Blanchard with a low blow in 17:56

After the match when Tully gets handed the Southwest Heavyweight Title he brings it crashing down over the head of Scott Casey! Tully starts putting the boots to Scott Casey & Killer Khan jumps in the ring to join in! Bob Sweetan recovers on the outside and tries to come in and help but Killer Khan jabs his taped thumb into Bob Sweetan's taped up shoulder and Bob Sweetan goes down screaming in pain! Killer Khan starts stomping on the shoulder of Bob Sweetan while Tully continues to put the boots to Scott Casey! The locker room empties and Ken Lucas, Charlie Cook, Rick McGraw & The Fabulous Ones run out to the ring to help! Tully sees them coming and he and Killer Khan get out of the ring before the babyfaces come charging in! Tully hides behind Killer Khan and jaws with The Fabs who are in the ring before finally Tully & Khan go back to the dressing room. The show ends with the rest of the babyfaces helping Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan back to the locker room.

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ Wichita Falls, TX - The 4-H Barn Arena July 12th, 1983

Mike Masters beat Juan Reynosa via submission in 5:10 with a full nelson

Moose Cholak pinned The Masked Wildfire in 3:43 after a splash

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook beat Ali Bey & The Ninja Warrior in 12:33 after Charlie Cook pinned The Ninja Warrior after running him over with football tackle

Fidel Sierra wrestled Bob Sweetan to a 15 minute time limit draw

The Fabulous Ones beat Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis when Steve Keirn pinned Terry Adonis after a flying forearm in 7:52

Southwest Heavyweight Title: Scott Casey beat Tully Blanchard by DQ after Killer Khan interference in 16:22. Tully Blanchard retained the Southwest Heavyweight Title.

The show ended with The Fabulous Ones running out to help Scott Casey and Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan retreating after a short fight with The Fabs doesn't go their way.

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ Corpus Christi, TX - Memorial Coliseum July 14th, 1983

Mike Masters beat The Masked Wildfire in 5:29 via submission with the Full Nelson

Moose Cholak pinned Juan Reynosa in 3:44 after a splash

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook beat Ali Bey & The Ninja Warrior when Charlie Cook pinned Ali Bey in 12:17 after a powerslam

Fidel Sierra & Bob Sweetan wrestled to a 15 minute time limit draw

The Fabulous Ones defeated Terry Adonis & Eddy Mansfield in 7:05 in a totally dominant match that saw Mansfield purposefully avoid tagging in

Southwest Heavyweight Title: Tully Blanchard pinned Scott Casey in 16:37 after Killer Khan interference while the referee was knocked down.

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 7/11

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 7/16 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to Southwest Championship Wrestling! We have a lot of news to get to in this hour but I want to start off by welcoming back two great stars that I know everyone here will be happy to see back in the area, Jose Lothario & El Gran Apollo!

Jose Lothario: Everybody here know that San Antonio is my home and I was away from here for some time but now I heard about the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament and decide it's time to come home. I called my friend El Gran Apollo and asked him to come back from Puerto Rico to be my partner for the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament and be a champion that the latino people of Texas and all over the country can be proud of.

Steve Stack: Well Jose I know everyone here is happy to see you back home in San Antonio and we can't wait to see you and El Gran Apollo in action together right after this break!

-First commercial break-

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario vs. Juan Reynosa & The Canadian -

The Canadian starts the match with Jose Lothario and really gives Jose some trouble with his hard hitting style, catching Jose in the face with some big boots that send The Supersock down to the canvas. El Gran Apollo gets tagged in and uses his quickness to fluster The Canadian who then tags in Juan Reynosa. Apollo makes quick work of Juan Reynosa with a succession of dropkicks and then finishes him off with a beautiful top rope crossbody block in 4:49

Steve Stack: That's an impressive win by El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario! I'd like to bring them back here now and ask them about their first round matchup in the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament on July, 31st at the HemisFair Arena. Jose, that was a very impressive victory for you and Apollo here today. What do you know about your first round opponents in the Southwest Tag Team Title Tournament, The Fabulous Rougeaus?

Jose: Well Steve Stack really I don't know a lot about them, they wrestle mostly in Montreal & Quebec Canada and I've never been there but -

Suddenly Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan walk into the interview area and Jose stops talking and stares them down.

Tully Blanchard: Haven't we spent enough time on this show today talking about a has been and a never will be? When are we going to talk about how I am still the Southwest Heavyweight Champion and how I left Scott Casey AND Bob Sweetan laying face down on the mat Sunday night?

Jose Lothario: Everybody knows you are not a real champion Tully Blanchard. You hide behind Killer Khan and try to weasel your way out of defending your title like a real man. You think I'm a has been Tully Blanchard? Then face me in the ring for the Southwest Heavyweight Title and don't bring your monster with you to the ring.

Tully Blanchard: Jose how many times do I have to beat you for you to get the message? Do I really have to give you the Eric Embry treatment too? Why not make things interesting for me? You think that young pup there is ready to be a champion, let him step into the ring with me. Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena. I ask for some new competition around here and Lou Thesz brings in these pretty boys The Fabulous Ones to make all the girls scream and now here's another one, El Gran Apollo who is only here because some promoter thinks they'll sell tickets with his picture on the poster. Well that might work if the punk could wrestle, but he can't. That's why he didn't last here before and that's why he won't last now. Put him in the ring Sunday Night with me so I can make this stay in Southwest for Apollo even shorter than his last.

Jose Lothario: I don't trust you Tully Blanchard, I know I am ready for any of your tricks but -

El Gran Apollo: I will fight you Tully Blanchard! I am not afraid of you. I will wrestle you Sunday. And I will beat you.

Tully starts laughing as Jose looks at El Gran Apollo with disappointment.

Jose: Fine Tully Blanchard. You got what you want. But I promise you I will have El Gran Apollo ready for you and he is going to take your Southwest Title.

Jose Lothario and El Gran Apollo walk off to the left leaving Tully & Killer Khan at the interview position with Steve Stack.

Tully: Finally! This show can finally focus on something important, it's Southwest Heavyweight Champion! You see I still have this title Steve Stack, just like I told you I would. And I will keep this title forever unless Lou Thesz actually gives me someone better to wrestle than the Scott Caseys and Bob Sweetans of the world.

Steve Stack: You are out here name dropping Eric Embry, do you have any idea what you did to that man last week? He had to be rushed to the hospital and have a tube stuck down his throat to breathe due to the swelling around his troat due to what Killer Khan did to him!

Tully: Well you just said it Steve Stack, Killer Khan did it. I stood right here beside you and watched it. You'll also remember I called Killer Khan off from hurting the man even more. So maybe you should thank me. But since you're out here giving Eric Embry's status report, did you tell the people what happened when Eric Embry left the hospital? Did you tell them that Eric Embry packed up all his things and left the state of Texas? That he went all the way to Portland, to the Pacific Northwest and told everyone who would listen that he would never come back to the state of Texas as long as Killer Khan was there? Well that's what happened Steve Stack! And Eric Embry was the lucky one, he was the one who was smart enough not to come back for more! Do you know what that idiot Scott Casey did? He called Lou Thesz and begged him for a match with Killer Khan! Instead of taking his beating at the HemisFair arena and realizing he has no chance against this monster from Mongolia, he instead signs his own death warrant. And make no mistake, that's what his contract to wrestle Killer Khan on Sunday night is: a death warrant. So Steve Stack do one favor for me, when you see Scott Casey later tonight tell him Tully Blanchard says he's a dead man walking.

Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan leave the interview area and Steve Stack says "Don't go away, we'll be back after this and we'll see the footage of just what happened between Tully Blanchard, Scott Casey & Killer Khan at the HemisFair Arena!"

Steve Stack: We're back here on Southwest Championship Wrestling and I have with me now Scott Casey & Mr. Piledriver Bob Sweetan! Right now I'd like to take a look with you two gentleman at the footage of the closing moments of the main event from last Sunday night at the HemisFair arena.

Bob Sweetan: Well right here you see me at ringside with my shoulder taped up. This Fidel Sierra guy, who you might as well call 'Tully's Top Gun.'

Steve Stack: Now why would you say that?

Bob Sweetan: Because he spent the whole match we had earlier in the night trying to injure my shoulder and never once tried to pin me. That's why you see that tape around my shoulder. Every time I had things going my way, he'd slink out of the ring or stick his fingers in my eyes and go right back to working on my arm. And where is he today Steve Stack? Why did he refuse to come on TV today?

Scott Casey: Look right here! Now I've got Tully on the run! I'm rocking him with punches and he's staggering around and I've got him set up for the bulldog but Killer Khan jumps up on the apron so I hit him with a right hand that sends him down off the apron and Bob Sweetan introduces a steel chair upside his big Mongolian head!

Bob Sweetan: But right there after I take out Killer Khan, here comes 'Tully's Top Gun' who attacks me from behind and runs my shoulder into the ringpost. Now look at him run off like the coward that he is! Scott Casey & the referee see what happen and as Scott Casey & Jack Howe have their back turned, Tully Blanchard like the low down scum that he is, hits Scott Casey below the belt and rolls him up for the pin.

Scott Casey: That's the kind of champion Tully is? He can come out here and show his face and brag about winning the match when that's what he has to do to slink away with his belt?

Steve Stack: And then that wasn't enough. Tully is being handed his Southwest Title here and nows he slams it down over your head! And then Killer Khan & Tully Blanchard both came in and starting putting the boots to you. Now there's Bob Sweetan coming in to try and help you but Killer Khan jams that thumb right into your shoulder and sends you down to the mat! Tully & Killer Khan put the boots to both of you before finally the locker room emptied to clear them out of the ring.

Bob Sweetan: Steve Stack I've never felt the kind of sharp pain go through my entire body the way it did when Killer Khan jammed that thumb into my injured shoulder. My shoulder was numb for 2 days and it still hurts like crazy now but it's not going to stop me from getting my revenge. I'm going to Piledrive your Top Gun right back to Cuba and Scott Casey is going to take care of your monster from Mongolia.

Scott Casey: That's right, Tully can say what he wants about my match with Killer Khan on Sunday at the HemisFair Arena but I know what I'm capable of. As long as he doesn't get a chance to jam that thumb into my throat I can beat him and I want everyone to come out Sunday night and cheer me on so I can send Killer Khan right back out of Texas!

Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan leave to their left and Steve Stack brings in Lord Alfred Hayes and "Golden" Moose Cholak.

Steve Stack: Lord Alfred your man was successful in his first match here in the area, pinning The Masked Wildfire in a very quick fashion. But he didn't quite seem to fit into some of the things you said here on Southwest Championship Wrestling here last week. You made it sound like you were bringing a real mat technician here but we never saw this man do anything but punches & forearms in his match against The Masked Wildfire.

Lord Alfred: Steven Stack, you only expose your own ignorance with your criticisms of that which you do not understand. Why should my man expose any more of his repertoire than is necessary for the opponent in front of him? Is it his fault that the promoters of Southwest Championship Wrestling could not find more suitable competition that would have been capable of making him exhibit more of his skill? I believe this man is capable of executing any wrestling maneuver that has ever been or will be invented and I am sure with time he will give you all the pleasure of seeing him do so. Unfortunately I do not expect it will be today as he has once again been given inferior competition with this newcomer today.

Steve Stack: It is true that this young man Steve Pardee is a newcomer to the area, but he's not a newcomer to the sport. He's got four years under his belt as this point and has worked all up and down the West Coast.

Lord Alfred: Four years!? What are four years of experience compared to THIRTY!? Steven Stack please try not to insult my intelligence or those of the viewing audience by suggesting that this insufferable youth has a chance against someone who has the experience of wrestling against men like former World Heavyweight Champion Pat O'Connor. Now if you are done with pretending Steve Pardee has a real chance here today, let's move on to the task at hand so Moose Cholak can display to the world his legendary prowess.

Steve Stack: He'll certainly have the opportunity to demonstrate his abilities today but only after we take this quick time out! Don't go away, we'll be right back on Southwest Championship Wrestling!

-Third commercial break-

Steve Pardee vs. Moose Cholak -

The bell rings and Moose Cholak turns his head to Lord Alfred as Lord Alfred is shouting advice at him and when he turns back around, Steve Pardee catches him right under the chin with a big dropkick! Moose goes down on his back and Steve Pardee quickly makes a cover and Jack Howe counts the 1, 2, 3!

Lord Alfred Hayes is beside himself at ringside! He starts shouting at the referee about a fast count as Moose struggles to pull himself back up to his feet, having to use the ropes to do so.

Steve Stack: Well this has certainly been an interesting turn of events! I'm sure we'll be hearing about Lord Alfred later about the result of that match but right now we have a video of The Fabulous Ones including footage from their debut at the HemisFair arena!

Fabulous Ones 'Everybody wants you' video plays with footage of them working out interspersed with clips of their dominant win over Eddy Mansfield & Terry Adonis.

Steve Stack: It sounds like everybody here at The Junction wants The Fabulous Ones, and they are going to get them because I'll talk to The Fabs right after this break!

-Fourth commercial break-

Steve Stack: Well we're back here on Southwest Championship Wrestling, but it's not with the team I was expecting to be talking to at this time.

Eddy Mansfield: That's right Steve Stack, you have the privilege of talking to The Continental Lover instead of those two wannabes pretending that they are real Ladies Men like myself. You just saw in that video how they had to win Sunday night, they had to use a chain and knock me and my partner out and that's the only reason The Continental Lover lost that match. But I'm not done yet, I've got myself a new partner now, America's #1 Cowboy Roy Lee Welch from Oklahoma and THIS Sunday at the HemisFair Arena we are going to show everybody that The Fabulous Ones aren't so tough when they don't have a chain to hit somebody with!

Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch leave to go to the ring as Steve Stack says "Well we did have this match scheduled next so let's go down to the ring for Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch vs. Mike Jackson & The Masked Wildfire!

Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch vs. Mike Jackson & The Masked Wildfire -

The Masked Wildfire from Hensdersonville, TN starts the match and takes a beating from Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch before he manages to tag in Mike Jackson! Jackson comes in as a house on fire but when he hits a crossbody on Roy Lee Welch, the momentum carries him all the way over with Roy Lee Welch landing on top of Mike Jackson & Welch's feet landing on the second rope. The referee doesn't see as Welch's feet on the ropes as he counts Mike Jackson's shoulders down for the count of 3. Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch celebrate their win as Mike Jackson argues with the referee.

Steve Stack: Now I'd like to finally bring in the newest sensation in the Southwest area, Stan Lane & Steve Keirn - The Fabulous Ones!

The Fabs come out in their jackets and top hats to a huge ovation from the crowd in The Junction.

Steve Stack: That's quite a reaction from the fans here today! How does it feel to hear this kind of reaction in your first appearance here at The Junction?

Stan Lane: It feels great Steve Stack! We're glad the fans here have given us such a great welcome here into the area and we plan on repaying their support by winning the Southwest Tag Team Title Tournament on July 31st at the HemisFair arena!

Steve Stack: Your opponents in the first round of the tournament are coming in from the AWA in the Mid-West, The Wild Bills of Billy Jack Haynes & Bill Irwin, and I heard you guys recently had a little run in with them recently up in Winnipeg.

Steve Keirn: That is true, we went up to Winnipeg for a big event celebrating Canada Day and we came up against The Wild Bills. They couldn't handle the fact that they weren't on our level so they tried to make things even by using their bullrope to bust my head open. When we found out they were going to be in the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament we begged Lou Thesz to make them our opponents in the first round and I can't wait to get my hands on them against after what they did to me in Winnipeg.

Steve Stack: Well before you get to July 31st, you have another team in your path this Sunday at the HemisFair Arena. Eddy Mansfield had a few things to say about the way you guys won the match against him last week and has challenged you to a rematch with his new partner.

Stan Lane: If Eddy Mansfield didn't want to get hit with a chain then he should have told his partner not to bring it to the ring with him. Anybody who saw that match knows we could have easily beat them without using a chain but since they wanted to try and use it on me I didn't see any reason not to fight fire with fire.

Steve Keirn: We're not worried about Eddy Mansfield, he can find whatever partner he wants to try us again. Our real focus is on the Southwest Tag Team Titles and we're fine with using Eddy as a punching bag until then.

Steve Stack: Well fans you just heard it from a very confident Fabulous Ones team! Don't miss them in action this Sunday Night at the HemisFair arena and all throughout the Southwest area! When we come back we'll hear from The Assassins and have our main event of Rick McGraw vs. Mike Masters!

-Fifth & final commercial break-

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and on my format sheet here it says The Assassins but with me now is just The Assassin #1. Where is Assassin #2?

The Assassin: Don't you worry about where The Assassin #2 is. And don't just assume that he isn't here. That's the advantage of wearing this mask. I could have been sitting out in the audience last week and you wouldn't have known it, Assassin #2 could have already been on this show today and you wouldn't have a clue. I assure you I have a very capable partner to wear the mask of Assassin #2 and that we have every intention of winning the Southwest Tag Team Titles on July 31st.

Steve Stack: Well before you get to the tournament on July 31st you have a match with Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook this Sunday night as The HemisFair Arena. Do you have any thoughts on your opponents Sunday night?

The Assassin: Yes I do. But I don't plan on sharing them with you or these people. I traveled all the way here to Texas for this tournament and get informed today that Lou Thesz has decided that if Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook beat myself and Assassin #2 on Sunday night then they may take our spot in the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament. I can assure you that will not happen. I have already conducted my scouting report on Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook and I am confident enough to guarantee victory on Sunday night. But I do not appreciate the disrespect that has been shown to me by Southwest Championship Wrestling by inviting me to this tournament and then attempting to pull the rug out from under me once I already spent money out of my own pocket to come here. And they may find that once the tournament is over and The Assassins have the Southwest Tag Team Titles, that sitting down at the negotiation table with us to get us to defend the titles might get rather expensive.

The Assassin leaves to his left and Rick McGraw comes in from the right.

Steve Stack: Now that we've heard from The Assassin it's time to bring in 'Quick Draw' Rick McGraw! Rick you've had some problems over the past week with newcomer to the area Mike Masters. We saw him beat you last week by holding onto the ropes for leverage and then at The HemisFair Arena Sunday night, he rammed your head into the exposed turnbuckle and knocked you out.

Rick McGraw: Steve this guy has only been here a week but I'm already sick of him! Every time we get in the ring he doesn't want to do anything but cheat, flex & run away from me! Well I'm gonna make a promise right now that if I don't beat him today right here on TV I will leave the area!

Steve Stack: Wow! Rick that's a big statement, are you sure about this?

McGraw: You're about to see just how sure I am.

Rick McGraw does down to the ring and Steve Stack says "Well I guess that's my cue to send it down to the ring for our main event!"

Mike Masters vs. Rick McGraw -

Rick McGraw tries to go right at Masters as soon as the bell rings but Masters takes his usual tactic of slipping his body out between the ropes. This time Rick McGraw is on him before the referee can stop him and McGraw grabs Masters's legs and dumps him out of the ring! McGraw goes out after him and the two of them brawl outside of the ring! Masters dodges a charge by McGraw and McGraw runs himself into the steel ringpost! Mike Masters gets back in the ring and yells at the ref to count! The referee gets up to a 9 count but Rick McGraw manages to slide back in under the bottom rope but as soon as he is back in, Mike Masters grabs him up into a full nelson! McGraw manages to fight his way to the ropes and the referee calls for the break but Mike Masters refuses to break the full nelson! The refree counts to 5 and then disqualifies Mike Masters! Mike Masters still holds on as the bell is rung before finally tossing Rick McGraw down onto the mat and leaving the ring. Jack Howe checks on the downed Rick McGraw as the camera goes back to Steve Stack at the interview position.

Steve Stack: What a despicable act by Mike Masters! He could have seriously injured Rick McGraw by refusing to let him out of that full nelson! Fans we're almost out of time but I want to remind everyone to come down to the HemisFair Arena this Sunday night for another HUGE night of action feauting The Cowboy Scott Casey facing the Monster from Mongolia, Killer Khan, Tully Blanchard defending the Southwest Title against El Gran Apollo, The Fabulous Ones in action again...wait a minute! What is this?

The camera goes back to the ring where Killer Khan has hit the ring and attacked Rick MCGraw! Jack Howe tries to stop him but gets tossed out of the ring! Rick McGraw struggles to rise as Killer Khan raises his taped thumb into the air and as McGraw finally gets back to hits feet, Killer Khan strikes and jams his thumb into the throat of Rick McGraw! McGraw goes down to the mat holding his throat and writhing in pain! Killer Khan takes off as Bob Sweetan, Scott Casey & The Fabulous Ones rush down to the ring!

Steve Stack: Fans I can't believe this! Rick McGraw could be seriously injured! Something is going to have to be done about this monster Killer Khan! Will Scott Casey be the one to do it Sunday night at the HemisFair arena? We're out of time! Join us next week for more Southwest Championship Wrestling!

Cliff notes version:

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario are back in the area for the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario defeated Juan Reynosa & The Canadian in 4:49

Tully Blanchard challenged El Gran Apollo to a match Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena

Steve Casey vowed to send Killer Khan out of Texas

Steve Pardee pinned Moose Cholak in 9 seconds

Eddy Mansfield challenged The Fabs to a rematch with his new partner Roy Lee Welch

Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch defeated The Masked Wildfire & Mike Jackson in 5:12

The Fabs accept the challenge of Eddy Mansfield

The Assassins are in the area for the Southwest Tag Team Titles

Rick McGraw defeated Mike Masters by DQ in 6:22 after Mike Masters refused to break the Full Nelson

Killer Khan attacks & injures Rick McGraw

During the show airing in the Waco, TX market these matches were advertised for Saturday night 7/16 in Waco:

Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan vs. Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan

Fidel Sierra vs. Steve Keirn
Roy Lee Welch & Eddy Mansfield vs. Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook
Mike Masters vs. Stan Lane

The Assassins vs. The Masked Wildfire & Juan Reynosa

Scheduled for Sunday, July 17th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Scott Casey vs. Killer Khan

Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch vs. The Fabulous Ones

Southwest Heavyweight Title: El Gran Apollo vs. Tully Blanchard ©

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. The Assassins

Jose Lothario vs. Mike Masters

Moose Cholak vs. Steve Pardee

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ Waco, TX - Convention Center July, 16th 1983

The Assassins defeated The Masked Wildfire & Juan Reynosa in 6:19 when Assassin #2 pinned Juan Reynosa after a big boot to the face

Stan Lane defeated Mike Masters in 10:54 with a Russan Legsweep

Roy Lee Welch & Eddy Mansfield defeated Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook in 11:20 by DQ after the ref caught Ken Lucas with a chain in his hand that was brought in by Eddy Mansfield

Steve Keirn defeated Fidel Sierra by countout in 13:05 after Fidel Sierra walked out of the match after Steve Keirn started a fiery comeback

Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan defeated Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan in 16:44 when Bob Sweetan pinned Tully Blanchard following a Piledriver while Scott Casey & Killer Khan brawled all over the arena

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 7/17/83

Before the first match began, Lord Alfred Hayes got on the house mic and told everyone that what they saw on their TVs yesterday was a complete fluke! He says that everyone who was here last week to see the debut of Moose Cholak knows that he is the finest wrestler to ever step foot in Texas. Lord Alfred says that if Steve Pardee is victorious again in this match then Moose Cholak has vowed to RETIRE from wrestling!

Steve Pardee vs. Moose Cholak - Steve Pardee quickly comes out of the gate with a dropkick, trying to capitalize on his success from their match on TV, but Moose Cholak dodges and swats him down to the mat. Moose goes for an elbow drop on Pardee while he's down, but Pardee rolls out of the way and Moose crashes down on the mat! Pardee quickly makes the cover and pins Moose Cholak who once again struggles to get up off his back!

Winner: Steve Pardee in 34 seconds!

Before the next match it's announced that this was originally scheduled to be Rick McGraw vs. Mike Masters but due to Rick McGraw's injury suffered at the hands of Killer Khan, Jose Lothario will be replacing him!

Jose Lothario vs. Mike Masters - Mike Masters doesn't seem very interested in wrestling Jose as he spends a lot of time posing and getting into the ropes to avoid locking up with Jose. Jose finally gets fed up with Masters' stalling and slaps him in the face while Masters is in the ropes! Masters gets fired up and charges at Jose but gets caught in an armdrag and then Jose stays on him with an armbar. Masters gets Jose backed into the ropes and tries to get a revenge slap in on Jose, but Jose ducks it and comes back with a right hand that sends Masters out of the ring! Mike Masters starts having a temper tantrum outside of the ring as the referee keeps Jose from following out after him. Masters grabs Jose's leg from the outside and pulls him over to the ringpost and crotches Jose against the steel ringpost! The referee immediately calls for a disqualification!

Winner: Jose Lothario by DQ in 7:43

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. The Assassins - Assassin #2 starts off the match by blasting Ken Lucas with a boot to the face. #2 works Lucas over with a hard hitting brawler style with a lot of stiff kicks. Ken Lucas winds up in The Assassins corner and they make a lot of tags in and out to keep the fresh man in. Ken Lucas finally makes it out of The Assassins' corner by rolling under a double clothesline and diving into his corner to make the hot tag to Charlie Cook! Charlie Cook comes in as a house on fire and blasts Assassin #1 with a flying tackle! Charlie Cook tries to cover Assassin #1 but the referee tells him that's not the legal man! While the referee & Charlie Cook are arguing, Assassin #2 stomps his boot against the mat 3 times and then comes in with a huge boot to the face of Charlie Cook! Charlie Cook goes down like a ton of bricks and Assassin #2 makes the cover while #1 keeps Ken Lucas from making a save!

Winners: The Assassins in 8:14 when Assassin #2 pinned Charlie Cook after a kick from his loaded boot

'Cuba's Top Gun' Fidel Sierra vs. Bob Sweetan - Fidel Sierra is the first man introduced and he jumps Bob Sweetan the moment that Mr. Piledriver steps through the ropes! Sierra rams Sweetan's head into the turnbuckle and referee Jack Howe jumps in to get him off of Sweetan. Sweetan comes firing out of the corner with a big clothesline that takes Sierra down and Jack Howe decides to go ahead and ring the bell to start the match! Bob Sweetan tries to go for an early Piledriver but Sierra sits down hard on it to keep himself from going up so Sweetan takes him and rams him shoulder first into the ring post! The crowd goes nuts for Sweetan's bit of revenge but Jack Howe admonishes Sweetan and keeps him from following up on Sierra in the corner. Jack Howe makes Sweetan wait for Sierra to come out of the corner and as soon as he does he rakes Sweetan's eyes! Sierra works Sweetan over with some punches and then grabs an armbar. Sierra goes back to his strategy from last week of working on Bob Sweetan's arm, constantly changing his hold and positioning to keep Sweetan from the ropes. Finally Sweetan is able to pull himself into the ropes which causes Sierra to have to break his hold. Sierra tries a cheap shot on Sweetan while the referee is calling for the break but Sweetan ducks it and back drops Sierra over the top rope. Fidel Sierra yells at the referee to disqualify Bob Sweetan for throwing him over the top rope but Jack Howe says it was unintentional! Fidel Sierra is livid about referee Jack Howe not calling for the DQ! Fidel Sierra refuses to get back in the ring, instead raising his hand and yelling at everyone at ringside that he is the winner. Sierra walks to the back as Jack Howe finishes reaches the count of 10 to officially count Fidel Sierra out of the match.

Winner: Bob Sweetan by countout in 12:30

Southwest Heavyweight Title Match: El Gran Apollo vs. Tully Blanchard © - Tully Blanchard starts the match by getting in Apollo's face and talking trash and Apollo answers by slapping Tully in the face! Tully gets pissed off and charges at Apollo only to eat an armdrag! Tully charges in again only to meet a dropkick, followed up by a big right hand as soon as Tully is back up off the mat! Tully rolls out of the ring and is completely besides himself! He rants at the ringside fans and referee Juan Reynosa who is counting him out. Tully steps back up on the apron and Apollo tries to kick him but Tully grabs Apollo's foot and snaps his leg down on the middle rope. Apollo goes down and Tully immediately pounces on the advantage, kicking Apollo's left leg out from under him as he tries to get back up. Tully goes to work on Apollo's knee dropping elbows on it. Tully tries for a figure four but Apollo rolls him into a small package for a two count! But Tully is right back up, kicks Apollo in the head and goes back to working over Apollo's leg. Tully drapes Apollo's leg over the middle rope and then comes down with all his weight on Apollo's knee. Tully pulls Apollo back into the ring and this time he manages to successfully lock in the Figure Four! Apollo has to fight thru the pain and keep himself going as Juan Reynosa makes the count every time Apollo's shoulders are down on the mat. The crowd in the HemisFair Arena starts an "Let's go Apollo, let's go!" chant as Apollo struggles to turn over and reverse the pressure of the Figure Four! Tully is almost turned all the way over when he rakes Apollo's eyes which puts him back in control.

Juan Reynosa forces Tully to break the Figure Four for raking the eyes but Tully quickly puts it right back on. The crowd gets fired up with another chant for Apollo as he fights to turn it over and this time Apollo blocks Tully's attempt to gouge his eyes and responds with a right hand and then turns over the Figure Four! Tully screams in pain as the pressure is reversed and Tully desperately pulls himself into the ropes! The referee untangles both men's legs and Tully is the first one up to his feet. He grabs Apollo and tries to get him up for the Slingshot Suplex but Apollo reverses it and suplexes Tully into the middle of the ring! Apollo tries to go up to the top rope for his Top Rope Crossbody but his injured knee makes him climb the ropes slowly, allowing Tully to recover before he's all the way up! Tully bounces off the ropes which causes Apollo to lose his balance and fall awkwardly onto the top turnbuckle and then down into the ring! Tully quickly makes the cover for the count of the 3 and the win!

Winner: Tully Blanchard after crotching El Gran Apollo on the top rope in 13:52

Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch vs. The Fabulous Ones - Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch try to jump The Fabulous Ones before the match starts but things don't go their way as The Fabulous Ones get the better of the brawl! Roy Lee Welch & Eddy Mansfield bail and Welch complains to the referee that he should disqualify The Fabs for attacking them before the match started! Eddy Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch do a lot of complaining to the referee before they finally agree to get back in the ring. The match starts with Steve Keirn against Roy Lee Welch and Steve Keirn once against shows Roy Lee Welch that a fist fight with The Fabulous Ones isn't a good idea. Roy Lee Welch complains to the referee about Keirn's fist so Keirn tags out to Stan Lane. Stan Lane ducks a punch from Roy Lee Welch and comes back with a karate kick that sends Roy Lee Welch down to the mat. Eddy Mansfield comes in and complains to the referee about Stan Lane's illegal karate kicks. The referee gets Mansfield back to his corner as Stan Lane & Steve Keirn just watch in bemusement. Roy Lee Welch tags out and Eddy Mansfield tries his luck against Stan Lane who also winds up sending him down to the mat with a karate kick. Eddy Mansfield complains some more about Stan's karate so Stan Lane tags out to Steve Keirn.

Eddy Mansfield baits Keirn into the corner of Mansfield & Roy Lee Welch and they double team Steve Keirn and finally gain the upper hand in the match. Stan Lane tries to come help his partner but referee Jack Howe keeps him from getting out of his corner. Roy Lee Welch sees the referee's back is turned so he pulls out a chain and wraps it around his fist! Eddy Mansfield holds Steve Keirn for Welch to punch him from the apron but Keirn ducks and Eddy Mansfield ends up getting hit with the chain! Roy Lee Welch is in shock and Steve Keirn BLASTS him with a right hand that sends him flying off the apron and then as the referee turns around, Steve Keirn covers Eddy Mansfield for the 3 count!

Winners: The Fabulous Ones in 9:17 when Steve Keirn pinned Eddy Mansfield after miscommunication with his partner Roy Lee Welch

Scott Casey vs. Killer Khan - Result: No contest

This match never even gets started as Killer Khan runs from the back and attacks Scott Casey in the aisle during his entrance! Scott Casey turns the tables on Killer Khan and brings the fight right to the man from Mongolia, slamming his head into the steel guard rail and then running his head into the wooden ring steps! Killer Khan is busted open and staggering as Scott Casey continues blasting him with rights hands. Scott Casey turns his back to Killer Khan to grab a chair but as he turns around with the chair over is head poised to strike, Killer Khan boots him right in the face! Scott Casey falls and drops the chair which Killer Khan tries to grab but Scott Casey crawls over and grabs the other end of it! Killer Khan & Scott Casey have a tug of war over the chair with Scott Casey eventually letting go which forces Killer Khan to stumble backwards with the unexpected momentum and Scott Casey follows that up with a charge that causes slams Killer Khan's back into the steel ringpost! Khan drops the chair upon impact and is barely standing with the ringpost holding him up. Scott Casey picks the chair back up and swings for a homerun, hoping to send Killer Khan's head right out of the HemisFair Arena but unfortunately for Scott Casey, Killer Khan moves out of the way! The force of the chair smashing into the steel ring post causes Scott Casey to drop the chair and then Killer Khan boots him right in the head! Scott Casey falls and when he gets up Killer Khan introduces the steel chair to his head! Referee Juan Reynosa tries to get the chair away from Killer Khan but he eats a chairshot for his troubles as well! Scott Casey gets up and he's now bleeding also after the chair shot but the sight of his blood has Scott Casey fired up and he unloads on Killer Khan with right hands! Juan Reynosa gets back up bloodied and calls for help from the back and the locker room empties to break up the fight just as Scott Casey starts to beat the hell out of Killer Khan!

Bob Sweetan, Charie Cook, Jose Lothario & The Fabulous Ones manage to get Scott Casey pulled away from the brawl as Tully Blanchard, Fidel Sierra & The Assassins help Killer Khan back up to his feet and back to the locker room. Scott Casey grabs the house mic and makes a challenge as Killer Khan is almost back to the locker room.

Scott Casey: Tully Blanchard I just proved your Monster from Mongolia isn't so tough! If you still have any confidence left in him at all, put his name on a contract to face me right here at the HemisFair Arena so I can send him out of Southwest Championship Wrestling the right way: in a Loser Leaves Texas Death Match!

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 7/18

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 7/23
in local markets

Instead of the usual intro with music & highlights the show opens with a video statement from the commissioner of Southwest Championship Wrestling Lou Thesz.

Lou Thesz: Over the past two weeks there has been a deliberate attempt to injure and possibly even end the careers of Eric Embry and Rick McGraw by Killer Khan. After a lot of consideration about what action I should take on this matter, I have come to a decision. Because I do not think that Killer Khan has the presence of mind to understand a monetary fine and since his actions have ultimately been guided by Tully Blanchard, I have decided to fine Tully Blanchard $10,000 for the injuries suffered by Eric Embry & Rick McGraw. I hope that this will serve as a warning to everyone in the Southwest Championship Wrestling locker room that any these kinds of attacks will not be tolerated and there WILL be consequences for the kind of brutal assaults that have taken place here on Southwest Championship Wrestling recently.

Steve Stack: Fans you just heard the announcement from the commissioner of Southwest Champinship Wrestling, Lou Thesz that Tully Blanchard has been fined $10,000 for Killer Khan's brutal assaults on Eric Embry & Rick McGraw the past 2 weeks! I'm sure we are going to hear from Tully Blanchard about that within the hour, we also have footage to show you from last Sunday night's show at the HemisFair Arena and an announcement about a HUGE main event for this Sunday night, so don't go away we'll be right back with more Southwest Championship Wrestling!

-First commercial break-

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling and what an amazing hour of -

Suddenly Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan come bursting onto the interview set

Tully Blanchard: Wait a minute! Wait a minute Steve Stack! Nothing else is going to happen on this show today until Lou Thesz comes out here and explains to me how I have to pay $10,000 for something that Killer Khan did! I'm not responsible for this man's actions, I've not signed any kind of managerial contract to take care of his affairs! There's no way I'm going to pay that fine!

Steve Stack: Well Lou Thesz isn't here today but he did send explicit orders that if you did not pay the fine you would be barred from competing in Southwest Championship Wrestling until it is paid.

Tully Blanchard: This is ridiculous! What kind of man is Lou Thesz that he couldn't even be here to do it in person? He had to send a video tape? What kind of commissioner is that? Lou Thesz wants to extort me out of $10,000 well you know what, he can call that his severance pay. Because that's the last time you're ever going see Lou Thesz in Southwest Championship Wrestling.

Steve Stack: Now just what do you mean by that Tully Blanchard? Don't tell me you plan on having Killer Khan do to Lou Thesz what he did to Eric Embry & Rick McGraw?

Tully Blanchard: Don't you worry about what I have planned. I'm done talking about Lou Thesz, I'm done talking about the PAST! So I don't have anything to say about Eric Embry, Rick McGraw or the dead man walking named Scott Casey. I'll let him come out here and say his last goodbyes later tonight. What I want to talk about is the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament.

Steve Stack: Well that's good because Tully I wanted to ask you who is your partner is for the tournament? It's listed as Tully Blanchard & a partner and everyone is assuming your partner is Killer Khan. But if Killer Khan loses to Scott Casey Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena, he'll be gone and you won't have a partner for the 31st!

Tully Blanchard: Now Steve Stack, why do you have to go and prove the old saying about what happens when you assume? I never said my partner is Killer Khan.My partner for the 31st isn't from Mongolia, he's from right here in Texas.

Steve Stack: Well do you want to tell us who he is?

Tully Blanchard: Obviously, I do not. All I'll say on the matter is I received a call last week from someone in Dallas telling me that they were already sick of hearing about The Fabulous Ones coming and stealing the hearts of the women in Texas and asked ME if they could come and be my partner for the tournament. That's all I have to say about my partner Steve Stack, so don't keep pestering me about it. Why don't you tell these people the old tired excuse for a challenger I have to face Sunday Night at the HemisFair Arena!

Steve Stack: Well I certainly wouldn't describe him that way but your opponent Sunday night IS a man that you're quite familiar with: Mr. Piledriver Bob Sweetan!

Tully Blanchard: Sweetan I don't know how you did it, you certainly didn't earn it, but you got yourself ANOTHER shot at my Southwest Heavyweight Title this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena. Well that's just fine Mr. T-Shirt because I think it'll be the perfect night for me to finally put you out myself. Killer Khan is going to send Scott Casey not just out of Texas, but out of wrestling PERMANENTLY and that's what I'm going to do to you Sweetan. I know you've got a bad shoulder and I'm going to finish the job that Fidel Sierra started on you! I'm gonna break your shoulder and when you're lying there screaming in pain, begging me for mercy I'm going spit in your face! And I'm gonna laugh at the end of the night when the two wannabe cowboys ride out of Texas, not on their horses but in their ambulances!

Steve Stack: Fans I really don't know what to say after that. Let's just send it down to the ring for our first match here today.

El Gran Apollo vs. The Masked Wildfire -

El Gran Apollo makes quick work of Masked Wildfire, dominating him and finishing the match with a Flying Crossbody off the
top rope at 3:22. During the match Steve Stack talks about the great showing El Gran Apollo had against Tully Blanchard at The HemisFair Arena last Sunday night and how close Apollo came to capturing the Southwest Heavyweight Title.

Steve Stack: That was a very impressive victory by El Gran Apollo! When we come back we are going to talk to El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario about what happened last Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena!

Steve Stack: Fans we're back with El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario. Apollo I just want to say you looked very impressive in that win over The Ninja Warrior and you had a great showing last Sunday Night in your Southwest Heavyweight Title match with Tully Blanchard.

El Gran Apollo:Thank you Steve Stack. I know maybe I disappoint some my fans because I know I don't win the belt but -

Jose Lothario: No no that's not true! I know the fans are no disappointed in El Gran Apollo I am sure they are proud of him just like I am, he took the fight to Tully Blanchard and he was very close to taking the Southwest Title from Tully. Steve Stack I need to talk about one thing. You saw last Sunday night the promotion put me in a match with Mike Masters because Rick McGraw is injured. And you saw what he did to me.

Steve Stack: Well let's show the people at home what happened.

A replay is shown from the HemisFair Arena where Mike Masters crotched Jose Lothario on the ringpost

Jose Lothario: Ok here you see he is outside of the ring, running away from me. Then the referee keeps me from going after him and he grabs my legs.

Steve Stack: OH! Wow I don't think we need to describe just what happened there. The fans at home can see the way Mike Masters ran you into the ringpost.

Jose Lothario: There's no reason for something like that Steve Stack! I only was there to wrestle the man and he tried to injure me and

Suddenly Mike Masters comes onto the set with a rather scruffy and rotund man with him.

Mike Masters: Oh please stop crying! I knew you didn't have anything there for me to hurt anyway!

Steve Stack: Now please don't start any trouble out here, this isn't your interview time.

Mike Masters: Well that's too bad because I got something to say to these two. If they can understand me, maybe you need to get Rapido out here to translate.

Jose Lothario: I don't need nobody to translate nothing for me! What you wanna say to me?

Mike Masters: I saw you come out here last week talking about how you're gonna help train and mentor El Gran Apollo to become a champion. Well first of all, I'm not sure what you can do to help train El Gran Apollo looking at the two of you, it looks like he's the one that needs to take you to the gym. But what I'm going to do is I'm going to prove that not only am I a better wrestler than you, but I'm also a better trainer. I am going to take this man "Tiny" Anderson who has told me he's never won a professional wrestling match in his career and I am going to shape him and mold him into a champion, the way you'll never be able to do with El Gran Apollo. I am so confident that I can do it and FAST that I am challenging you to put your spot in the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament in a tag match with me and Tiny Anderson this Sunday night.

Jose Lothario: If that is what you want to do then let's do it. We will fight you Sunday night and I'm gonna make you pay for what you did last week.

-Mike Masters smiles and he and Tiny Anderson walk off to their left-

Steve Stack: Well fans that's another match added to a huge night of action this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena! Right now we are going to show you a video for Sunday night's main event: The Loser Leaves Texas Death Match between Cowboy Scott Casey & the Monster from Mongolia, Killer Khan!

-A video with clips of Scott Casey & Killer Khan's brawl at The HemisFair Arena is shown to the song 'Sixty Seconds To What?' by Ennio Morricone with this narration

Throughout history there has always been an established way to settle a fight

Once and for All
In the Wild West that way was the duel
In professional wrestling
The Texas Death Match
This Sunday Night
Two men will enter the ring
Knowing this is their last draw

There will be only one shot
Cowboy Scott Casey
The Monster from Mongolia, Killer Khan
Who will live to tell his tale?
When the lines are drawn
And the final showdown begins
The HemisFair Arena in San Antonio Texas
Sunday, July 24th
Loser Leaves Texas Death Match!
Be There!

-Third commercial break-

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! I'm standing here now with Lord Alfred Hayes and in a bit of a surprise to me, Moose Cholak. Lord Alfred you told everyone in the audience at the HemisFair Arena last Sunday night that if your man Moose Cholak lost his match to Steve Pardee that he would retire from wrestling.

Lord Alfred: That is true, I did say that. However, is it really fair to end a 30 year career in only a 30 second match? This young man Steve Pardee has barely been in the ring for 1 whole minute in both his matches combined, should he really be able to take credit for ending such an illustrious career? I have drafted a contract for a match here on television today between that incouragable youth Steve Pardee in one more rematch against Moose Cholak. This time there will be no pinfalls within the first 60 seconds and without the ability to secure some kind of fluke victory in the opening moments, there is no way that lightning will strike for the 3rd time. Today the only logical result of this matchup will finally occur when Moose Cholak has his hand raised in victory.

Steve Stack: Well that's an interesting stipulation Lord Alfred. So this match will have no pinfalls and no submissions allowed within the first 60 seconds?

Lord Alfred: Yes Steven I'm glad you were able to follow along and repeat exactly what I just said. Now if you are done pretending that you are an echo, let's move on to the matter at hand. Bring Steve Pardee out here so that this match can take place.

Steve Stack: Alright fans, let's go ahead and send it down to the ring for our next match!

Moose Cholak vs. Steve Pardee -

Moose Cholak kicks Steve Pardee in the gut on their initial lockup and then starts clubbing him with forearms. Steve Pardee tries to fire back with some weak shots into the midsection but Moose Cholak doesn't even register them. Steve Pardee gets sent into the ropes and ducks a clothesline from the big Moose! Pardee runs into Moose with a shoulderblock that only makes the big man smile! Moose grabs Steve Pardee and bodyslams him down hard. Moose bounces off the rope and comes down in a big splash on Steve Pardee. Moose hooks the leg but the referee tells him there's no pinfalls in the first 60 seconds! Lord Alfred climbs up on the apron and is irate! He shouts at the referee as the timekeeper counts down the last 10 seconds in the first minute of the match. Moose gets off of Steve Pardee and joins Lord Alfred in his argument with referee Juan Reynosa. Steve Pardee gets up and dropkicks Moose Cholak in the back which sends Moose stumbling forward to knock Lord Alfred down off the ring apron! Moose turn around and takes another dropkick this time right under the chin and the big Moose collapses to the mat! Steve Pardee makes the cover and Juan Reynosa makes the count of 3 as the crowd at The Junction go wild! Lord Alfred Hayes is completely besides himself at ringside, shouting at the fans and referee Juan Reynosa!

Steve Stack: Wow what a turn of events we just saw here today on Southwest Championship Wrestling! Don't go away because we've got more great action and an interview with The Fabulous Ones - Stan Lane & Steve Keirn coming right after this break!

-Fourth commercial break-

Steve Stack: We've had a lot of letters over the past 2 weeks from fans asking us to have The Fabulous Ones wrestle in a match on TV. Well right now we are going to give you what you've been asking for! Let's head down to the ring right now to see The Fabulous Ones - Stan Lane & Steve Keirn in action!

The Fabulous Ones vs. Ali Bey & The Ninja Warrior -

Ali Bey & The Ninja Warrior try and jump The Fabs before the bell and the referee starts the match with Stan Lane getting beat on by Ali Bey. Steve Keirn goes around the ring on the outside and pulls Ninja Warrior down off the apron and sends him face first into the steel post! Steve Keirn makes a comeback and tags out to Steve Keirn who finishes off Ali Bey with a flying forearm at 3:37 after Stan Lane whips Ali Bey into the ropes.

Steve Stack: Well you didn't get to see them for very long but there is your first look here on TV at The Fabulous Ones in action! Now I'd like to bring them in here and talk to them about the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament on July 31st.

The Fabulous Ones walk into the interview area

Steve Stack: We have a video from your first round opponents in the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament, The Wild Bills and I'd like to take a look at that video and then get your thoughts on it.

Suddenly Eddy Mansfield, Roy Lee Welch & Terry Adonis walk onto the interview set

Eddy Mansfield: We don't have any time for that video today Steve Stack! There are REAL contenders to these chumps standing right here in the Junction, we don't need to talk about anyone up in Minnesota.

Steve Keirn: Are there real contenders here? Because we don't see any standing here.

Eddy Mansfield: Oh you think you're a wise guy? Well you must not be too smart to be running your mouth when you're outnumbered.

Stan Lane: We're supposed to feel threatened by you three guys? We've already made you look like chumps beating you at your own game of hide the chain.

Roy Lee Welch: Ok well if you guys think you're so tough, why don't you back it up? You think you can whip all three of us then try and do it Sunday night at the HemisFair arena!

Steve Keirn: Are you sure that's what you want?

Eddy Mansfield: Oh don't try to back out of it now! Are you guys as tough as you talk or are you going to back down now?

Stan Lane: We don't back down from anyone, especially not guys like you. We'll accept your little challenge as long as THIS TIME when we beat you, you don't come out here and interupt our interviews, you don't thrown down any more challenges at us, and you stay out of our faces!

Eddy Mansfield: Fine! You got a deal! But what's really going to happen is the ladies of San Antonio are finally going to have their false idols smashed and things will return to normal with the Continental Lover being the top ladies man in Southwest Championship Wrestling!

-Eddy Mansfield, Roy Lee Welch & Terry Adonis leave the interview area

Stan Lane: We're sorry about that Steve Stack, some people just don't know when to leave well enough alone. Now let's get to that video you wanted to show us from The Wild Bills.

Steve Stack: Well I'd like to but unfortunately we don't have any time left in this segment! We'll have to talk about that video here next week! Guys I'd like to wish you luck in your 3 on 2 handicap this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena and in the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament on the 31st! Fans don't go away because when we come back we'll hear from the man who will face Killer Khan in a Texas Death Match this Sunday night, Cowboy Scott Casey!

-Fifth & final commercial break

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and now I want to finally bring in the man who will face Killer Khan in a Loser Leaves Texas Death Match this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena, the 'Cowboy' Scott Casey! Scott you've been through some real wars in your long tenure here in Southwest Championship Wrestling but I think it's fair to see this Sunday night is your biggest challenge yet.

Scott Casey: You know Steve, you're probably right. A Texas Death match with Killer Khan would be like a death warrant for a lot of men. But not for the Cowboy. I know what I'm capable of and I stood toe to toe with Killer Khan last Sunday, took his little blindside attack, and then gave him more than he could handle! This Sunday there aren't going to be a flood of people coming to pull me off of him! So Tully Blanchard, you better get ready to say goodbye to your bodyguard because after Sunday night he is going to be GONE from Texas!

Steve Stack: There you have it right from the Cowboy himself! He sounds like he's ready for Killer Khan and I'm sure he's ready for this last match here today against newcomer T.G. Stone. Now let's get down to the ring for the action!

Scott Casey vs. T.G. Stone -

Scott Casey offers a handshake to start the match but newcomer T.G. Stone answers with a cheap shot. He has an advantage on Scott Casey for a short time but eventually The Cowboy turns it around and makes T.G. Stone pay for his cheap shot. Scott Casey finishes off T.G. Stone with his patented Bulldog in 4:19.

Scott Casey has his hand raised by the referee as a big buzz goes through the crowd and Killer Khan is seen coming down to ringside! Scott Casey challenges him to get in the ring! Killer Khan throws 2 chairs into the ring and and then slides under the bottom rope and Casey is immediately on top of him! The timekeeper starts ringing the bell as Scott Casey & Killer Khan brawl in the ring! Killer Khan ducks a punch from Scott Casey and then gives him a big chop that sends him down to the mat! Killer Khan holds up his taped thumb and readies to strike but Scott Casey grabs one of the chairs as he's getting up and meets Killer Khan's incoming thumb with the steel chair! Killer Khan screams in pain and then Scott Casey blasts him over the head with the chair! The Monster from Mongolia goes scrambling out of the ring and runs to the locker room, screaming and holding his thumb in the air as the fans in The Junction go crazy!

Steve Stack: It's pandemonium here in The Junction! Killer Khan's attack just backfired and he may have just suffered a broken thumb! Fans we are out of time on this edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! Make sure you're there this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena for what is sure to be one of the biggest nights of action that's ever been seen inside the state of Texas!

During the show airing in the Waco, TX market these matches were advertised for Saturday night 7/23 in Waco:

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario vs. Tully Blanchard & Killer Khan

Scott Casey vs. Eddy Mansfield

The Assassins vs. The Fabulous Ones

Bob Sweetan vs. Terry Adonis

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. Ali Bey & The Ninja Warrior

Roy Lee Welch vs. Steve Pardee

Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson vs. The Masked Wildfire & Juan Reynosa

Scheduled for Sunday, July 24th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Loser Leaves Texas Death Match: Scott Casey vs. Killer Khan
Southwest Heavyweight Title: Bob Sweetan vs. Tully Blanchard
3 on 2 Handicap Match: Eddy Mansfield, Terry Adonis & Roy Lee Welch vs. The Fabulous Ones
Assassin #2 vs. Steve Pardee
Jose Lothario & El Gran Apollo vs. Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson
Assassin #1 vs. The Masked Wildfire
Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. Ali Bey & The Ninja Warrior