Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched wrestling on TV once in maybe five years. I mainly watch this on my tablet, and a lot of that is when my toddler is trying to get to sleep and I am laying next to her bed on the ground holding her hand. The rest is when I'm exercising, also on my tablet.

NWAClassics.com really has become a Wrestling History Preservation project. And days like today make it all worthwhile. My office got a call today from out of the blue . . . from Nick Kozak! He has subscribed to the network - he saw his match against Bull Ramos - and he wanted us to direct him to other matches in which he was involved. He LOVES the NWAClassics.com digital television network - and to hear compliments from one of the participants in the matches was such an honor. Got a similar call from JJ Dillon last week talking about Moondog Maybe and his "Bathtub Match" against Paul Boesch. If we can at least express some thanks and gratitude to those who paved the way for us - and honor them - all the hard work on NWAClassics.com has been worth it.

That's cool Bruce. From JJ's book and interviews he really loves the history of wrestling. I know since the service went live I myself have remembered things long forgotten. I've begun researching more about Houston wrestling. The service really is a blessing.

I found this to confirm the Legends Battle Royal listed as 5/19/78 is actually from 6/29/79 because the Andre vs Spoiler match which I found on youtube is from the same show. Unfortunately it does not list the full card. But I think the women discrimination also confirms it if you have seen the battle royal.

1e522a5dcf19db8055f41c8141150fb1.jpg

The undated Gino Hernandez, Gran Markus & Killer Brooks vs Lothario, El Halcon & Mil Mascaras match is from the same card as the Legends Battle Royal 6/29/79.

Based on the attire of some of the wrestlers in both matches, the wrestling program I posted above which mentions a six man two ring Mexican tag team match and also the front row of the crowd on the far side is the same.

The quality of both matches is different because the tag match is from a best of houston wrestling tape where Boesch is introducing it.

The Fritz/Kerry/Kevin Von Erich vs Dick Murdoch/White Knight/Gary Hart match I think is from the 12/29/78 card.

With The Grapper #1/Tiger Conway, Grapper #2 vs. Wrestling II and the Bobby Jaggers/Chavo matches all coming from 11/19/82 it looks like we could have some big matches on the way if the whole card gets uploaded.

Boesch @ Houston, TX - Sam Houston Coliseum - November 19, 1982
Mr. Wrestling II vs Grappler #2
Tiger Conway Jr. vs The Grappler
Ernie Ladd vs Mike Bowyer
Chavo Guerrero vs Bobby Jaggers
Mil Mascaras vs Tully Blanchard
Ted DiBiase vs Dick Slater
Chavo Guerrero vs Gino Hernandez
AWA World Heavyweight Title: Tony Atlas vsNick Bockwinkel ©

Chavo vs. Gino especially sounds like it would be really good.

Watched the 1/27 TA/II vs. Midnights match and it was really good. I thought that Magnum doing an atomic drop to Bobby Eaton on a chair in the middle of the ring right in front of the ref was a little questionable but overall I enjoyed the match a lot. The babyfaces got a ton of shine in the early going which is something I always love.

Got distracted and didn't watch the new upload from 2/24 yet except for the first few minutes to see that it's a "Losers get 5 lashes match." As far as I can tell neither of these matches were released before at least not that I have seen. I watched a match between the two teams from Houston a month or 2 ago in a giant Midnight Express comp but it was different from both of the matches up on the site.

• Loss unpinned this topic