Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Predictions?

The Chief

As long as he stays backstage where he belongs, no complaints from me.

I go the opposite way. I've accepted that the Authority is forever going to exist on WWE TV. I would like to see them address the issue of Stephanie being the clear successor despite having an older brother who was also part of the business at one point and was probably the original plan for successor. Have him show up to challenge the Authority's...uhh well...authority with his chosen people. It could work and could potentially give the WWE fans more of an opportunity to see the heels get beaten at their own game sometimes. Stephanie isn't going to be able to get Shane booked as an ineffective rival no matter how hard she tries.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll put my predictions in writing before the show starts, just so I can see how wrong I am later with the WWE booking:

Prime Time Players© Vs. New Day Vs. Los Matadores Vs. Lucha Dragons

I think New Day win because the other teams, including the champions, never do anything on TV. I had even forgotten PTP were the champions, while New Day seems to be catching on with live crowds.

Ryback© Vs. The Miz Vs. The Big Show

If Ryback is healthy again, I have no reason to believe they'll take the belt off of him. The Big Show certainly doesn't need it. The Miz is OK without it.

Dolph Ziggler with Lana Vs. Rusev with Summer Rae

Dolph just came back, so I assume he gets the returning babyface win, even though I'll hate it.

Cesaro Vs. Kevin Owens

Cesaro will always be over with smart fans because he's a good worker. Owens is newer & needs a big win, after dropping quite a few in a row, including two to Cena and two to Finn Balor.

King Barrett & Stardust Vs. Neville & Green Arrow

Stardust is the drizzling shits but even if he wasn't, I still wouldn't bet against a celebrity winning on a big WWE show.

Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper Vs. Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose

Sticking to my Ambrose heel turn prediction.

Nikki Bella, Brie Bella & Alicia Fox Vs. Tamina, Naomi & Sasha Banks Vs. Charlotte, Paige & Becky Lynch

Picking the babyface team. Charlotte can look strong, setting up a single's match for the title later. Nikki keeps the belt no matter what anyway. Sasha had a great match last night but I imagine there will be dissention in the ranks of her team.

Randy Orton Vs. Sheamus

No matter who wins, we, the fans, lose. Sheamus has MITB, aka "get some heat back" so I assume Orton just to get the RKO pop.

John Cena Vs. Seth Rollins

I learned a long time ago to never bet against John Cena. Even if they do have him lose on major shows, like he did to Daniel Bryan at Summerslam. I wouldn't be surprised if Cena won the title, then Sheamus cashed in to win it after losing earlier in the night. So John Cena can be at the title match at Wrestlemania with being the new all-time champion holder on the line in addition to the title. Although I don't think it'll be against Sheamus, as he'll drop it before Wrestlemania. I don't feel like the Seth Rollins experiment has worked out all too well. That's probably not happening as that's exactly what they did with Daniel Bryan... but I don't know. Seth retaining just seems like such a bore.

Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker

The Undertaker winning doesn't do anything for anyone. Brock has been built up as a destroyer, having him lose to 'Taker now would kind of defeat the point of him ending the streak & killing Cena for the title in the first place. And I don't think ANYONE wants to see a third match if 'Taker wins. I'm picking Brock because I'm hopeful & because I think 'Taker only came back in the first place because the ratings were shit.