Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Predictions?

The Chief

I wonder if there are a legion of teenage girl CW fans who will drop $9.99 just for the chance to see the new Arrow costume for next season of the show the first time.

Maybe, but with the permanent free trial month, couldn't they just get this month's show and cancel right away?

Is Amell really debuting a new costume at Summerslam? Or is he just bringing his traditional outfit he wore on the show the first two seasons?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambrose and Reigns being friends is somehow a sign that one is turning? That is stupid Russo bullshit. There has been zero distension. There hasn't even been a mistake that lead to a loss.

To be fair, I think it's always been a part of wrestling, for decades and decades, that when they hammer home too hard the idea that someone has someone else's back, a turn may well happen.

They usually tease something first. They have teased nothing except them being good friends even family.Maybe in the match they can tease it so it makes sense, but nothing before now indicates anything.

Usually but not always. They sure didn't tease it when Rollins turned on the other two. I wouldn't count the one time he walked out of their match in February either since they were as close as ever for a solid three months afterwards.

Shitty booking is shitty booking.

Ambrose and Reigns being friends is somehow a sign that one is turning? That is stupid Russo bullshit. There has been zero distension. There hasn't even been a mistake that lead to a loss.

To be fair, I think it's always been a part of wrestling, for decades and decades, that when they hammer home too hard the idea that someone has someone else's back, a turn may well happen.

They usually tease something first. They have teased nothing except them being good friends even family.Maybe in the match they can tease it so it makes sense, but nothing before now indicates anything.
Usually but not always. They sure didn't tease it when Rollins turned on the other two. I wouldn't count the one time he walked out of their match in February either since they were as close as ever for a solid three months afterwards.

Shitty booking is shitty booking.

Agreed. I sincerely hope no one is turning here. Turning Ambrose and putting him in the Family would effectively end any chance he has of being a singles success and fast track him to the same place Del Rio, Ziggler and all those perpetual upper midcarders go to stagnate.

Agreed. I sincerely hope no one is turning here. Turning Ambrose and putting him in the Family would effectively end any chance he has of being a singles success and fast track him to the same place Del Rio, Ziggler and all those perpetual upper midcarders go to stagnate.

Which is probably what WWE wants anyway.

I've seen what I interpreted as "hints" in how Ambrose would be ranting, verbally, and Reigns would cut him off & say things like "what he meant to say was..." and then Ambrose look at him squirrely.

We'll see on Sunday.

Said this last night and I mean it...

My prediction is this the best wrestled SummerSlam of all time. I am wtrong all the time so I will freely admit it if I am wrong but I am thinking there could be an easy 5-6 great matches on this show.

Tag Team Championship: Prime Time Players (champs) vs. New Day vs. Matadores vs. Lucha Dragons
We know we are getting a fun big shmoz spotfest out of this to warm up the crowd. It won't be a MOTYC but I think it could be similar to the Mania tag.
Intercontinental Championship: Ryback (champ) vs. Miz vs. Big Show
I am not excited about three way matches but I think this could be a fun three way match since none of the guys will have to be in the ring for an extended amount of time. It could also be a complete clustefuck worst MOTY contender if everything falls apart. Lets think positive and say it will be fun.
King Barrett & Stardust vs. Neville & Green Arrow
I am excited about this match for fun shtick and measuring Amell's performance compared to other celebrity wrestlers. Could be complete crap but another match that could also shock people.
Bellas/Fox vs. PCB vs. Team BAD
I think this will be the worst match of the night because of the amount of weak links in the match. WWE rings are NXT women's kryptonite so I expect Sasha Banks to have the Match of the Night on Saturday and the piss break on Sunday. Again, I want them to prove me wrong because I want this to be a great show. If they excel out there, it's just another plus for the show.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev
Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens
Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper vs. Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
US Title vs. WWE World Title - John Cena vs. Seth Rollins
It would not surprise me if all of these are good to very good to great. Any one of these could be Match of the Night and steal the show. THe weakest link would be Orton vs. Sheamus which is a feud I don't care about and one that has been done before in the past. The rest of the matches will be contingent on time given and booking. Even if 2 of them are ho-hum and we get 3 great matches, that would be amazing for a SummerSlam show.
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
I am trying to be the ultimate optimist on this one. I gave a 5 minute rant on the last reaction show how stupid it was for Taker to return. I have to believe that the only reason he is returning is because he knows the Mania match sucked, he has some pride and wants to prove they can have a great match. If this match exceeds expectations and we get a good match, I think everyone will walk away very happy. Then again, it could be a shit show like the Mania match and be the equivalent of Taker vs. Faker. I think the build to this has been better than the Mania match and they made me care about broken down Taker in 2015. Props to them. Now give me the payoff.

Why can't Ambrose turn but not be associated with Wyatt?

I mean, they could. They could also do nothing. I still don't know why they put Harper back with Bray, honestly.

My guess is they want to keep the Reigns/Wyatt feud going and realized it seriously had no juice to it so they added Ambrose and Harper to liven up the scene. But supposedly Sting was figured in this somewhere at some point so who the hell knows? Sad to say though, without Wyatt it would be "Creative has nothing" for poor Luke.

I'm not sure on his health, but I wouldn't mind Rowan returning to help Wyatt and Harper. The "Clan" should've never broken up to begin with, but hindsight is what it is. All three benefitted from being together and though one could argue it would be a "step back," I don't see how reforming would be *worse* than what each guy has done for the past year. In fact, it would've only helped the Taker feud back in February/March. Plus, considering how little they did apart from eachother (at no point did they even really feud with each other in a notable way), the "reboot" wouldn't defy logic...like Ambrose turning on Reigns would.

If you're going to have Ambrose turn on Reigns, do it when Reigns is in some position of power, fame, top guy status. THAT would make sense. Turning on Reigns now would have such little impact and, as someone else pointed out, potentially hurt Reigns because Ambrose's "jealousy" (which I'm guessing would be his motive) would come off as him being a bit like CM Punk going after Cena, the downtrodden, overlooked, "unmarketable" guy finally saying "Eff You!" to the cherry-picked guy that's being "groomed." A year from now, though, when Reigns is World Champion, having earned it through a series of challenges, on top of the world, enjoying the good life, Ambrose turning on him would be a total dick move by a jealous asshole. What would Ambrose be envious of in 2015? What "spotlight" has been on Reigns since Mania? By my count, it's Ambrose who got a 1-on-1 title shot more recently. In 2016, Ambrose/Reigns could be money...but in 2015, it's short-sighted midcard fodder. Besides, for all the talk about how much WWE worries about Cena shirt sales going cold, do they ever think that killing Ambrose (even if he is, like, 4th or 5th down the list of sales) isn't such a smart move?*

* Separate note - Am I crazy but, this time last year, wasn't there a news item about how Ambrose's merch sales being pretty strong?

I think it wasn't made a mixed tag because it would be easier to book Lana turning on Dolph to reunite with Rusev this way. Have Lana take out Summer at ringside at a key point in the match, leading to a Dolph segment where it looks like he is riding a comeback out into victory...only for Lana to turn. If they did a tag, it would just be awkward to have Summer get turned on by Rusev while turning on Dolph. Just my guess.

I would rather Lana return to Rusev with Rusev turning babyface than Rusev just staying heel. Babyface Rusev would give him opportunities for new opponents, like Harper, which is something I really want to see.

Although I readily admit that Lana is an awful babyface.