Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Predictions?

The Chief

Assuming Cena is physically up to it, I could see them putting him over this month and having him defend both titles and pull double duty as a short-term thing. It will drive the hardcores crazy, but it's a cool thing that has never been done before that would be fun to see as something fresh for a few weeks at least. I like the idea of booking him to defend both titles in two separate matches at Night of Champions.

It would 'cause a lot of online discussion too since that's story going into the ROH PPV in September, as Jay Lethal will defend both titles in separate matches at All Star Extravaganza.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing about predicting the title match based on a t-shirt, they have been releasing t-shirts the past few months of Brock's Suplex City customized for the cities the WWE roll in town on, so it isn't totally unprecedented for them to release t-shirts that would soon be obsolete. Especially if they understand it is the new way to throw a meta red herring.

I know but wouldn't surprise me if the company didn't mind burning money in mass producing the t-shirts just to swerve us know it all smarks.

I mean they did release the shirts at a very convenient time-a mere week or two before a big match that could give him an extra notch in the record book.

They would never do this, but I've thought of late that a babyface should win the next MITB, and decide that they will do the honorable thing and announce ahead of time that they would like to "cash in" their briefcase on the main event of the next PPV (Battleground, Summerslam, whatever). Champ (be they heel or babyface) agrees. Then in the opening segment of the go-home episode of RAW on the week of the PPV, the champ is cutting a promo predicting their victory this Sunday at _____, when suddenly the challenger jumps them from behind, cashes in early and wins the title, thereby turning heel by having gone against their word and stolen the belt. You have the match that Sunday, but the dynamic has changed so much that it can believably end in a vengeful double DQ, thereby launching a hot feud with guys in fresh roles. It seemed like an option they could have done with Reigns had they wanted to do a double turn with Rollins, but it could work with anyone you wanted to turn.

Come to think of it: what have the most recent turns in the company even been? Naomi going heel? Lana turning face? New Day? Emma? Feels like Sheamus at the end of March was the last big one, and Orton prior to that back in November.

Obviously they didn't do the exact same scenario but something similar was the starting point of Daniel Bryan's heel turn a few years ago. He won the MITB and decreed that he would be the first guy to cash ahead of time and at Wrestlemania...then ended up cashing it in December on Mark Henry or Big Show after their match. Would be a cool idea to do the exact scenario you laid out though.

If they turn Reigns heel, I truly honestly believe he'd be done as a possible ace. Reigns would have to make an once in a lifetime transformation to recover from the disaster that the past year has been for him capping off with the turn. I am talking Rocky Maivia into the Rock or Ringmaster into Stone Cold level transformation.

I think this will be a good wrestling show, but the booking will make me not care going forward. As good as I think the women's, Wyatt-Shield and Cesaro-Owens could be I am still not excited for this show.

A turn would come out of nowhere, no hints on TV. Rollins-Cena just had a long match on TV. I don't care about Orton. Brock-Taker wasn't good at Mania. The only booking of the main that I would like is Brock squashing Taker ala Brock squashing Cena in a short Pride FC style fight.

On the other hand, so pumped for NXT!

Tag Team Championship: Prime Time Players (champs) vs. New Day vs. Matadores vs. Lucha Dragons

- I think New Day gets the belts back especially since there are a ton of face tag teams right now.

Intercontinental Championship: Ryback (champ) vs. Miz vs. Big Show

- I think Ryback retains after Show punches Miz in the mouth and then gets lifted into a Shell Shock

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

- I think Rusev wins the match but Lana gets over on Summer Rae somehow.

Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens

- Cesaro isn't somebody they are going to protect. OWens wins and then they trade wins for the next couple of PPVs.

King Barrett & Stardust vs. Neville & Green Arrow

- I am looking forward to this one just to see if Amell can do some fun shit.

Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper vs. Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose

- If they give these guys 15-20 minutes, this could steal the show and remind us why they never should have broken up the Shield and Wyatt Family in the first place.

Bellas/Fox vs. PCB vs. Team BAD

- Sasha loses the NXT title on Saturday and wins the match on Sunday

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

- Randy Orton wins so Sheamus can cash in later on in the show

US Title vs. WWE World Title - John Cena vs. Seth Rollins

- John Cena wins the match and holds both titles for a brief second. SHeamus cashes in and gets the World TItle. Cena continues to hold the U.S. title as Sheamus is the new corporate champion.

Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker

- I am optimistic this will be much better than the Mania match. I don't ever want to see Taker again but I am optimistic for this one match.

Who would object if Brock goes over clean on Undertaker and instead of wrestling at Mania, Taker has his own special retirement ceremony/HOF induction during Mania instead of the night before, and every Mania from now to eternity features a 10-minute segment where Taker does his entrance?

Everybody wins: Taker is retired by a legit badass who's over as hell, inducting Taker during Mania will be a nice Mania moment, fans will still get to see the Taker entrance and spectacle every Mania because that's what they want to see in the first place, not Taker still trying to wrestle.

Who would object if Brock goes over clean on Undertaker and instead of wrestling at Mania, Taker has his own special retirement ceremony/HOF induction during Mania instead of the night before, and every Mania from now to eternity features a 10-minute segment where Taker does his entrance?

Everybody wins: Taker is retired by a legit badass who's over as hell, inducting Taker during Mania will be a nice Mania moment, fans will still get to see the Taker entrance and spectacle every Mania because that's what they want to see in the first place, not Taker still trying to wrestle.

LOL. Then what? Taker exits the ring meekly with the segment having served no point? I think the day he retires completely from the ring is the day he either 1. Stops being the Undertaker and from that point on is known as Mark Calloway, WWE legend or 2. Vanishes from WWE tv forever.

A turn would come out of nowhere, no hints on TV.

That probably isn't true. People wouldn't speculate on it if there weren't possible signs.

I have watched every Raw for 7 weeks. Where are the hints?

Haven't watched much lately but I have heard that they have been playing up the Reigns/Ambrose friendship just a tad bit too much, like as Masked Man of Grantland (ugh) says, a reverse foreshadowing.

A turn would come out of nowhere, no hints on TV.

That probably isn't true. People wouldn't speculate on it if there weren't possible signs.

I have watched every Raw for 7 weeks. Where are the hints?

Haven't watched much lately but I have heard that they have been playing up the Reigns/Ambrose friendship just a tad bit too much, like as Masked Man of Grantland (ugh) says, a reverse foreshadowing.

Ambrose and Reigns being friends is somehow a sign that one is turning? That is stupid Russo bullshit. There has been zero distension. There hasn't even been a mistake that lead to a loss.

LOL. Then what? Taker exits the ring meekly with the segment having served no point? I think the day he retires completely from the ring is the day he either 1. Stops being the Undertaker and from that point on is known as Mark Calloway, WWE legend or 2. Vanishes from WWE tv forever.

3. Does a podcast.

Taker should vanish forever. No speach. That's what would make him unique to the end.

Ambrose and Reigns being friends is somehow a sign that one is turning? That is stupid Russo bullshit. There has been zero distension. There hasn't even been a mistake that lead to a loss.

To be fair, I think it's always been a part of wrestling, for decades and decades, that when they hammer home too hard the idea that someone has someone else's back, a turn may well happen.

I would be sold on Cena winning, and Sheamus cashing in to win the world title leaving Cena as US champ if Sheamus were more over. Still though I'd love to see a Sheamus/Cesaro slugfest for the world title.

Other than Cesaro/Owens and New Day being awesome there's not much to look forward to. I'm way more hyped for the NXT show for the women's match alone.

Taker already had his perfect ending = losing to Brock at Mania. The old cowboy gets shot at the end of the movie. Not every story needs a happy ending and I don't think wrestlers deserves a huge jerk-off fest when they retire.

And turning either Reigns or Ambrose makes zero sense. Turning Reigns just reeks of laziness. Turning Ambrose would be even dumber. Does anybody think fans will cheer Reigns and boo Ambrose? Reigns would get crucified if they did that.

To be fair, I think it's always been a part of wrestling, for decades and decades, that when they hammer home too hard the idea that someone has someone else's back, a turn may well happen.

They usually tease something first. They have teased nothing except them being good friends even family.Maybe in the match they can tease it so it makes sense, but nothing before now indicates anything.

It's awkward silence when the entrance ends and he has to actually wrestle. It won't be any more of an awkward silence when his entrance ends and he just saunters back to the locker room. I'm telling you, this would get over huge!

They usually tease something first. They have teased nothing except them being good friends even family.Maybe in the match they can tease it so it makes sense, but nothing before now indicates anything.

Usually but not always. They sure didn't tease it when Rollins turned on the other two. I wouldn't count the one time he walked out of their match in February either since they were as close as ever for a solid three months afterwards.

I wonder if there are a legion of teenage girl CW fans who will drop $9.99 just for the chance to see the new Arrow costume for next season of the show the first time.

Maybe, but with the permanent free trial month, couldn't they just get this month's show and cancel right away?