Pro Wrestling Only

Who do you think should/will win the Royal Rumble this year?

ezgo

Title says it all. Who do you guys think should win the 2016 Royal Rumble, and who do you think will win? If they aren't the same person, of course. For me, I think that it'll definitely be one of the Shield boys to set up the triple threat at Wrestlemania 32, and I think it should be Rollins, as he's been putting out good work in the ring as champion this year so far. I'll even go so far as to say that's when they'll complete his babyface turn, having him go coast to coast.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Bryan would be the logical choice if doable. If he just returned at like entry #3, managed to stay in and win it the place would go nuts

Most other options sound a bit crap. Maybe if the final two were Ambrose and Reigns, Ambrose wins and the WM main event is a Shield triple threat for the title

This one Needs to be a crowd-pleaser if at all possible.

Daniel Bryan would be the logical choice if doable. If he just returned at like entry #3, managed to stay in and win it the place would go nuts

Most other options sound a bit crap. Maybe if the final two were Ambrose and Reigns, Ambrose wins and the WM main event is a Shield triple threat for the title

I think that a 2005-style ending (actually on purpose this time) could work with Ambrose and Reigns. I think that would make a majority happy, as long as Daniel Bryan is eliminated in a fashion that isn't like last year. I think a good way for DB to be eliminated, if he's in it at all, is that he gets eliminated by someone high-profile (Rock, Lesnar, etc.) and goes on to have a match with them at WM.

I think that a 2005-style ending (actually on purpose this time) could work with Ambrose and Reigns. I think that would make a majority happy, as long as Daniel Bryan is eliminated in a fashion that isn't like last year. I think a good way for DB to be eliminated, if he's in it at all, is that he gets eliminated by someone high-profile (Rock, Lesnar, etc.) and goes on to have a match with them at WM.

Wouldn't the 1994 Rumble finish be better? But of course the company may not like the fans' answer.

Wouldn't the 1994 Rumble finish be better? But of course the company may not like the fans' answer.

Yeah, both ways would work.

Too bad they seem headed for a Rollins/Triple H feud. If they would have booked it so that Triple H protects Rollins at every turn due to his "investment" in Rollins, and he refuses to allow Brock Lesnar to challenge for the title again, forcing Brock's hand to enter the Rumble and toss everyone out single handedly. The visual of the unstoppable monster face in the ring with Rollins and Triple H looking like they shit their pants on the top of the ramp to close the show would be a classic. And Brock could inherit Taker's Mania reaper role.

Actually now that I think about it, it's not gonna be the guy I was thinking of (for the record, that would be Samoa Joe, since someone asked). Maybe 2017. The reason why I thought it might be him is because there isn't much time left for him to make a real impact. But it is just as possible that he will never get out of NXT as it is that he is the mystery partner.

Too bad they seem headed for a Rollins/Triple H feud. If they would have booked it so that Triple H protects Rollins at every turn due to his "investment" in Rollins, and he refuses to allow Brock Lesnar to challenge for the title again, forcing Brock's hand to enter the Rumble and toss everyone out single handedly. The visual of the unstoppable monster face in the ring with Rollins and Triple H looking like they shit their pants on the top of the ramp to close the show would be a classic. And Brock could inherit Taker's Mania reaper role.

But why would you give the fans what they want to see when you can run a Rollins/HHH program that no one wants to see?

I actually think there are some people out there that either:

A. wants a reason to root for Triple H again because it is confusing to portray him as the man behind their beloved NXT and then a heel authority figure on Raw.

B. hopes against hope itself that Rollins would break away from The Authority and stand on his own as a pseudo Stone Cold loner (and hes gotta be, he has been booked to not get along with anyone that aligns with him

I don't know who should win since everyone seems to be on a treadmill. I think it will be Rollins-Brock in the title match with Undertaker costing him the match, Undertaker actually announcing entry for the Rumble for the first time in years and Brock retaliating by getting him eliminated to set up their WM rubber match. Then Reigns will win (and the crowd will shit on it yet again) and go on to beat Rollins at Wrestlemania.

Even if they turned him babyface and went on a redemption tour? Even though he has been such a little shit, I think the fans would forgive him because he wrestles too much like a babyface that all they need is a reason to cheer him. Like how the Shield turned babyface and the fans ate that shit up despite them being booked as a bunch of bullies who uses the numbers game against everyone they faced.

Actually now that I think about it, it's not gonna be the guy I was thinking of (for the record, that would be Samoa Joe, since someone asked). Maybe 2017. The reason why I thought it might be him is because there isn't much time left for him to make a real impact. But it is just as possible that he will never get out of NXT as it is that he is the mystery partner.

You thought a 'TNA guy' could conceivably win the Royal Rumble? I applaud your optimism.

I have never understood why the Shield triple threat has always been such a constant idea brought up especially for Mania. Don't really see it being that different or special from the four way with Orton earlier this year which was great and had the little Shield reunion spot in it. Reigns/Rollins is a possibility but not sure about Reigns winning the Rumble two in a row but they've driven through Rollins/Ambrose more than enough. Obviously lots will change but Reigns I guess seems the most likely at this point in time though that doesn't really scream main event of the biggest WrestleMania. Actually I'd pick Brock to win it, even if Rollins isn't champion by then. Lesnar/Rollins especially after seeing it at Battleground doesn't really feel like a WM main either, Lesnar/Sheamus may a little more if they build Sheamus up a lot more.

You thought a 'TNA guy' could conceivably win the Royal Rumble? I applaud your optimism.

Well a "TNA guy" had the longest world championship reign in recent WWE history, so why not, right? But like I said,:I am backing off on that prediction. Too soon if ever.