Pro Wrestling Only

Vampiro WCW run

Judy Bagwell

am I only one who enjoyed this run? what did you people make of his stint there? I thought he had a good look for the time and reasonable ring work. I think he struck WCW at the wrong time and was buried by politics and writing. Sting looked disinterested in their feud

he would have done well in the WWE in 98 with the same gimmick

They really should have kept him as a face. Vamp was getting really over in early 2000 by looking competitive against Flair and Luger, plus teaming with Sting, and he could easily have been their new homegrown face star (homegrown in as much that most fans in the US would only know him from WCW and not be aware of his lucha background). Turning him heel and adding in all the supernatural bullshit really ruined him.

Vampiro used a different kind of face paint. I'm going to guess a grease paint type, judging by its consistency and how rarely it would come off. That's what KISS and the corpsepaint wearing black metal bands wear, anyway, and that stuff rarely even gets thin during stage shows.

I was a Vamp fan in WCW. I even enjoy the super shitty feud with Mike Awesome and their Halloween Havoc 2000 match. He had (still has, actually) a kind of awkward charisma to him that his sloppiness actually enhanced, and his entrance was a highlight of any card he was on. That "doped up zombie" swagger, if you will.