Pro Wrestling Only

Mid South Wrestling on Tour Oct. 1983

LowBlowPodcast

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Irish McNeil Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana

{Mid South Wrestling opens this week with footage of the Superdome show this past weekend with Ted Dibiase losing his North American title and his job to the JYD. We also see the tag team title win by Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. We cut to the arena with Jim Ross and Bill Watts standing by…}

BWand_JR.png

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside Cowboy Bill Watts and we are coming off one of the biggest shows in the history of Mid South Wrestling Jim. Last week from the Superdome, we saw the scope of this company change and perhaps the scope of the business.

Bill Watts: I have helped put together a number of Superdome cards Jim Ross, but never before have I seen anything like this

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, our opening contest is scheduled for 1 fall with a 15-minute time limit. Introducing first, from Havanna, Cuba, Raul Castro. His opponent, from Atlanta, Georgia, ThunderBolt Patterson!

ThunderBolt Patterson vs Raul Castro

{A great little opener tonight with ThunderBolt Patterson really coming off well for this Shreveport crowd. They are 100% behind him and he really brings a fun fight. Castro is a hated heel that does everything he can to break down the ThunderBolt but he’s got more in the tank. The crowd explodes when ThunderBolt ducks the clothesline and then gets Raul for a SPINEBUSTER and the 1…2…3! ThunderBolt works the crowd and lets the people know what its all about. He is still in the hunt for the television championship as we cut to results from last night’s event from Houston…}

IRONMAN TV TITLE TOURNAMENT

Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo defeated Don Muraco via count out @ 9:43 when Muraco tried to get back in the ring but Tojo grabbed his foot and he couldn’t make the 10 count!

Tiger Chung Lee received 15 points for the tournament

Mr. Wrestling II and ThunderBolt Patterson went to a 20-minute draw.

Both Wrestling II and ThunderBolt Patterson received 5 points for the tournament.

*COMMERCIAL*

-Watts and Ross put over the television tournament. They say that it is anyone's ball game at this point as they run through the point totals.

Point totals Mr. Wrestling II 25 points, Tiger Chung Lee 15 points, Don Muraco 10 points, & ThunderBolt Patterson 5 points.

-Watts and Ross then discuss the Tonga Kid and put him over as a potential challenger down the line. They talk about all the title hunts in Mid South and how they will culminate before our very eyes over the next couple of weeks.

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen our next contest is a six-man extravaganza. Introducing first, lead by Tojo Yammamoto, the team of Tiger Chung Lee and the German Destoryers, Kurt Von Hess and Baron Von Raschke! Their opponents, The Tonga Kid, Burrhead Jones, and Sweet Daddy Siki!

The Tonga Kid, Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones vs Tiger Chung Lee & The German Destroyers

{This is a great, fast paced contest. The Tonga Kid is so over right now with the crowd as Watts and Ross put him through the roof. Tiger Chung Lee is just pining at the bit to get involved. These guys don’t have a ton of time so the pace continues to quicken. It is actually some double-teaming from the Germans that lead to a hot finish. Tonga and Tiger take their fight outside the ring and are throwing some huge bombs. Inside the ring, Von Hess and the Baron nail a double kick to the skull of Jones sending him out. They grab Siki who makes a fight but The Germans toss him into the ring post three times before setting him for a spike piledriver and the 1….2….3! This isn’t over though. Tonga and Tiger are still fighting before Von Hess and The Baron attack him from behind. Watts and Ross are going nuts as Tiger Chung Lee with some huge shots and then he grabs a wooden chair and just DESTROYS it over the head of the Tonga Kid. He is left laying with blood coming from his head. This is pure destruction… The Germans and the Japanese are on the same page and this could spell some serious trouble for Mid South Wrestling! We then cut to a fun promo with the Fantastics saying that they will be showing up in Mid South Wrestling next week and are looking forward to showing the fans what their made of!}

*COMMERCIAL*

-Watts and Ross put over the injuries from the Destroyers and Lee. They talk about a potential super group but discuss how the Fantastics will be here next week. They put over how great they have been live but how much better it will be when they are here for the television crowd. They put over the young talent and talk about an uprising of sorts but how there are some veterans who won't stand for change as we cut to our next contest....

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, our next contest is a one-fall match with a 15-minute time limit. Introducing first, from Honolulu, Hawaii, accompanied by the Grand Wizard, The Magnificent Muraco! And his is opponent, from El Paso, Texas. El Bracero!

El Bracero vs Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

{Another solid contest with two guys who have different fortunes in Mid South Wrestling. Muraco is a true pro and looks to break every rule in the book. We see the Grand Wizard help his cause but in a surprising turn of events, El Bracero just looks STRONG tonight. Muraco gives him the opportunity and this guy turns it on in a big way. He is able to fly around the ring and Muraco sells for him but in the end it is a nasty spot that finishes El Bracero. He leaps for a cross body but Muraco grabs him and falls backwards with Bracero nailing the top rope with his throat and gasping for air as Muraco finishes him for the 1…2…3! Muraco puts the boots to Bracero and walks off looking as smug as ever.}

*COMMERCIAL*

-We return to Mid South with Watts and Ross putting over the Junkyard Dog who joins them on commentary. The JYD talks about Ted Dibiase and says he was one of the greatest competitors in his career but he knows that on that day the better man won. JYD says he owes it all to his fans and says his friends like Brody and Hansen have helped him get to this point and he will do whatever it takes to keep the gold!

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, our next contest is a one-fall match for the Mid South tag team championship with a 60-minute time limit. Introducing first, the challengers, The Sheik & Abdullah the Butcher! Their opponents... the champions... Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen!

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen © vs The Sheik & Abdullah the Butcher

{A big time main event with four of the premiere athletes in the world of wrestling. We all know Abby and Sheik were working for Dibiase the entire time. We know they came in to take out the Dog but they bit off more than they could chew with Brody and Hansen. We have got limited television time remaining here tonight and this one is a wild brawl from start to finish. Brody and Hansen do work well enough together which helps their cause while Sheik and Abby focus on the chaos of the event. The JYD points out that he sees each of these men being contenders for his North American Title and would be proud to defend it against any of them. Things are beginning to wind down as Ross and Watts say we have just minutes left. The crowd then stirs and it can’t be… TED DIBIASE IS HERE! He is in the crowd and he is showing off a ticket as he is calling out the Dog. We’ve got pure chaos with limited time left! Now the Wild Samoans run down to the ring! Hansen with a LARIAT on Abdullah taking him down but the Samoans pull Hansen out of the ring. Sheik and Brody are fighting but Dibiase distracts Brody long enough for the Sheik to THROW A FIREBALL! Brody has been blinded! Security is ushering Dibiase out of the arena. JYD is over checking on Brody who is obviously hurt. The Samoans have laid out Hansen. Watts and Ross have gone completely insane. This is Mid South Wrestling and we’ll see you next week!}

10/1 – Mid South Wrestling Live- Lake Charles, Louisiana - Civic Center

-Special afternoon show with a 3:30pm starts time.

Mark Youngblood defeated Raul Castro

El Bracero defeated Israel Matia

The German Destroyers defeated Mike & Robert Reed

ThunderBolt Patterson & The Fantastics defeated Don Muraco & The Wild Samoans

Mr. Wrestling II & Tiger Chung Lee went to a time limit draw

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog & Wahoo McDaniel defeated The Masked Mercenaries

-Two masked men told the crowd that Ted Dibiase paid them off. It was a hard fought battle as JYD and Wahoo tried to take off the masks but couldn’t get it.

10/2 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Chalmett, Louisiana - St. Bernard Cultural Center

The Fantastics defeated The German Destroyers

Sika defeated ThunderBolt Patterson

Don Muraco defeated El Bracero

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Afa

Andre the Giant won a BATTLE ROYAL by last eliminating Don Muraco.

-Other participants included The Wild Samoans, Mr. Wrestling II, ThunderBolt Patterson, the Fantastics and others.

Awesome stuff to move on from the Superdome. Hansen & Brody are absolute monsters, even though Shiek & Abby could be the ones to face off against them. As for the rest, I knew Ted wouldn't be gone for too long, even though coming back right away might be a bit too soon, but it still works. The Japanese & German working together pays off for a world only 40 years gone from WW II, and the Iron Man tournament is a great use of your midcard talent to keep them busy.

Join Mid South Wrestling this week on Thursday night and its brand new start time of 8:00pm. Tune into FOX and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

In singles action, Mr. Wrestling II along with Tiger Chung Lee, and making their Mid South Television debut, The Fantastics!

Watch the stunning announcement that Bill Watts and the Mid South board of directors make after hearing about Tag Team Champion, Bruiser Brody's injury! Who will join Stan Hansen as he has to defend the Tag Team Titles against The German Destroyers!

Plus, North American Champion, The Junkyard Dog calls out the Masked Mercenaries, but will they answer?

Tune in to Mid South Wrestling tomorrow night on FOX!

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Lousiana on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

{Mid South Wrestling opens this week with a highlight video of all the top stars of Mid South Wrestling. We then cut to Jim Ross and Bill Watts at ringside…}

BWand_JR.png

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside Cowboy Bill Watts! Bill, last week we saw quite the night of action.

Bill Watts: Well Jim, those tag team titles were on the line and we saw one of the most dastardly attacks in the history of this sport!

Jim: Well Bruiser Brody was badly injured at the hands of The Sheik and Abdullah the Butcher, not to mention the involvement of the Samoans and the man who shouldn’t even had been in the arena, Ted Dibiase.

Bill: Well I have it on good authority that Ted Dibiase has been banned from the building and every Mid South event. If he shows up, he will be fined and arrested on the spot!

Jim: That may perhaps be the only thing we can do in this kind of a situation. Fans tonight the tag team title are on the line but Bill, Stan Hansen is without a partner… wait just a moment…

{Stan Hansen then walks out to a nice pop from the crowd. He throws the titles on the table and he’s spitting chew all over the place!}

Jim: Well Stan Hansen, it is a pleasure to see you…

Stan Hansen: Jim Ross I don’t need any introduction. These people know me and they know what I stand for. Lemme tell you something right now… Sheik… Abdullah…Samoans… you better know that I am not afraid of any of you! You may have taken Brody out of action but you ain’t taking these titles!

Bill: Well who are you going to be teaming with tonight against the Destroyers? What about next week? How about Houston on the 15th?

Stan Hansen: Bill Watts, you know I’d fight anyone by myself, but you see I found me a partner! I found someone who will stand in that ring against anyone…

{The crowd then explodes when…}

andre-the-giant-1970s-640x360.jpg

{ANDRE THE GIANT IS HERE!}

Jim: Wait just a moment… Andre the Giant?!

Stan Hansen: Now I had to talk to the big wigs and you Bill Watts you said if I could come with a partner…well here he is!

Bill: Andre… are you okay with being a provisional partner with Stan Hansen?

Andre The Giant: I will do it. We will face everyone.

Jim: Well fans there you have it… short and sweet but I don’t think that the Germans will have it that way tonight! Let’s take it to the ring!

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Mid South Wrestling. Our opening contest is scheduled for one fall with a 15-minute time limit. Introducing first, from Orlando, Florida, Mark Savage! His opponent, from Charleston, South Carolina, MR. Wrestling II!

Mr. Wrestling II vs Mark Savage

- Pretty simple showcase for Wrestling II. He looks good out there tonight as Ross and Watts put him through the roof. They discuss how he will need to fight his way back against Don Muraco on the 15th to earn the TV Title. They really pump the tournament and put over all the possibilities of who could walk away. Wrestling II with a big high knee and the 1…2…3! Watts and Ross put him through the roof and talk about him still wanting some revenge on Scott Casey!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over the allegiance of the German Destroyers and Tiger Chung Lee. They discuss what could be the most diabolical group in all of wrestling. They talk about Tiger being in a good spot for the TV title and it could be within his grasp with a big win on the 15th.

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen our next contest in a one fall match up with a 15-minute time limit. Introducing first, from Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana, Don Kent! His opponent, led to the ring by Tojo Yamamoto, from Tokyo, Japan, Tiger Chung Lee!

Don Kent vs Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

-Another good showcase for Tiger Chung Lee. He has got a lot of momentum on his side going into the 15th. ThunderBolt Patterson jumps on commentary to put over how he can’t wait to get his hands on Tiger in Houston. Tiger is about to finish things off with a double underhook suplex and the 1…2…3. Tiger looks over at ThunderBolt who wants to do the thing right now… lemme tell ya… it could happen!

*COMMERCIAL*

{MSW returns as Jim Ross and Bill Watts are cornered by The Grand Wizard, the Samoans, and Don Muraco!}

Jim: What do we owe this pleasure Grand Wizard?

Grand Wizard: Don’t you even give me any lip Ross! I am here to make a declaration! On Saturday October 15th from Houston, Texas… these three men… they will walk out of Houston with the tag team championships and the television championship!

Bill: That is pretty tough talk there Wizard… not even you can see into the future with that… you don’t know if the Samoans will even get a shot, they are going to have to win that big tag team battle royal in Little Rock, Arkansas on the 7th!

Grand Wizard: Watts, you have doubted us since the beginning. Mark my words… THREE TIMES… the Samoans will be the THREE TIME CHAMPIONS!

Bill: That could happen but it isn’t likely and if they do win… there’s a chance they could be facing these guys right here!

Jim: Fans for the first time here on Mid South television… they are live and in living color… Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers… THE FANTASTICS!

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, our next match is a tag team contest with a 15-minute time limit. Introducing first, Israel Matia and Raul Castro! Their opponents, Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers… THE FANTASTICS!

The Fantastics vs Israel Matia & Raul Castro

-A HOT match for the Fantastics who are making their “debut” on Mid South television. Ross and Watts put them over in the biggest way. Fulton and Rogers do some great work and the heels put them over big. The Rocket Launcher spells the end for the 1…2…3! Fulton and Rogers work the crowd as the fans are solidly behind them! Ross and Watts put over the tag title match when we come back!}

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over the debut of the Fantastics and the entire tag team division. Watts puts over how next week Tiger Chung Lee will be in a non-tournament match against ThunderBolt Patterson. They talk about the big main event tonight and put over the tag team titles and the fact that the Junkyard Dog will be in the arena after the contest!

MAIN EVENT

Stan Hansen & Andre The Giant © vs The German Destroyers

-A fantastic contest to feature the champions and the multitude of challengers for the titles. The Germans definitely have to bring the battle but Hansen and Andre are on a whole different level. Once Andre gets in the ring it is all over but the crying. The big man hits a couple of huge headbutts and then a double butt slam in the corner all leading to the biggest body slam on Von Hess that Ross has ever seen. Andre with a huge elbow drop as Hansen nails the Baron with a LARIAT off the apron to the floor for the 1….2…3! The crowd is solidly behind Andre and Hansen and they work the fans. We then cut to Jim Ross and Bill Watts as they are joined by the North American Champion… the Junkyard Dog!

Jim: Welcome in here champ…

JYD: Oh boy lemme tell ya, I feel good right now daddy, the JYD is feeling good here in New Orleans.

Bill: Now JYD, we saw a very interesting happening over the weekend, you were in a battle against these guys called the Masked Mercenaries.

JYD: Yeah I don’t know about these guys. These masked men… I don’t know, I got a feeling ol Ted Dibiase be up to something.

Jim: I think we can all agree that there is something to be had… wait just a moment… what is going on here…

{We see a wide shot as the JYD looks into the ring and there is a Masked Man. He is standing in the ring and he is welcoming JYD inside! JYD makes a step towards the ring and the crowd is white hot. He begins to step into the ring but he is bombarded when two more masked men run out of the darkened area and attack him. The man inside the ring is pounding away with rights and lefts and then he pulls JYD into the ring and DDT! The two from outside jump in and start to hammer away but here comes Hansen and Andre! Hansen throws some big right hands at one of them while Andre kicks one over the ropes to the floor. The original man in the ring is looking to escape but Andre grabs his mask and he RIPS IT OFF! IT’S ADRIAN ADONIS! He is covering up his face as Jim Ross puts this over. Who are the other two men?!?!}

10/6 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Biloxi, Mississippi - Mississippi Coast Coliseum

El Bracero defeated Mark Savage

Mark Youngblood defeated Mad Dog Boyd

Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji defeated Don Kent & Pete Sanchez

S.D. Jones defeated Jerry Brown

Blackjack Lanza defeated Robert Reed

The Fantastics defeated Israel Matia & Raul Castro

Adrian Adonis defeated Mike Reed

Andre the Giant & ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Don Muraco & The German Destroyers

MAIN EVENT

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE

The Junkyard Dog defeated The Masked Mercenary via DQ when Adrian Adonis interfered. JYD almost unmasked him but couldn’t when the match concluded.

10/7 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Little Rock, Arkansas - Civic Center

El Bracero defeated Pete Sanchez

S.D. Jones & ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Mad Dog Boyd & Jerry Brown

Blackjack Lanza defeated Mark Savage

The Fantastics & Tiger Chung Lee and Mr. Fuji went to a double count out!

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

The Wild Samoans won a tag team battle royal and the chance to face the tag team champions on the 15th in Houston!

-Other participants included; The Fantastics, The German Destroyers, Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee, Mike & Robert Reed, Israel Matia & Raul Castro, S.D. Jones & ThunderBolt Patterson, and Mr. Wrestling II & Don Kent!

MAIN EVENT

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Adrian Adonis by DQ when the two masked mercenaries interfered!

10/8 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Baton Rouge, Louisiana - River City Arena

Mark Youngblood & El Bracero defeated Israel Matia & Raul Castro

Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji defeated Mike & Robert Reed

Blackjack Lanza defeated Burrhead Jones

The Fantastics defeated the German Destroyers

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Mad Dog Boyd

Don Muraco defeated Don Kent

ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones & The Wild Samoans went to a double count out!

MAIN EVENT

HANDICAP MATCH

The Junkyard Dog & Andre The Giant defeated Adrian Adonis & The Masked Mercenaries

-The end of the match saw Andre the Giant rip the mask off of one of the men and it was revealed to me Matt Borne! The JYD then followed up with a huge THUMP for the 1…2…3!

10/9 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Lafayette, Louisiana – Canjundome

Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji defeated Mike & Robert Reed

S.D. Jones defeated Steve King

ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Israel Matia

Don Muraco defeated Mark Youngblood

Adrian Adonis defeated Mr. Wrestling II via roll up with a hand full of tights!

EIGHT-MAN TAG

The Wild Samoans & The German Destroyers defeated The Fantastics, Don Kent, & El Bracero

LUMBERJACK MATCH

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Matt Borne via DQ

-Adrian Adonis tried to interfere but was held back. Another masked man appeared and hit JYD with the title for the DQ.

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

{Bill Watts is shown in front of a Mid South Wrestling screen}

180w_850622_watts.jpg

Bill Watts: Ladies and gentlemen, I have to stand here today and share some very shocking and saddening news. We tape our television on Wednesday nights around the Mid South Territory, and then it airs on Thursdays. Last night I had a phone call that the Grand Wizard was not going to make it to the show, as he felt sick. Before this week’s show went to broadcast, I found out that the Grand Wizard of Wrestling, Ernie Roth has passed away due to a heart attack. Ernie Roth was a man I respected and have known for a long time. He was one of the premiere managers in the North East for most of his career. He was flamboyant, intelligent, and most importantly, entertaining. Whether you loved him or hated him, a lot of people bought tickets to see just what the Grand Wizard would do. I am filled with hurt in my heart over this loss for his family, his friends, and his fans. I wish him all the best and his family every prayer imaginable.

The_Grand_Wizard.jpg

RIP: The Grand Wizard Ernie Roth

8/30/26 – 10/12/83

{Mid South Wrestling opens this week with video footage from the Mid South Wrestling Live show in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We see footage of the main event as a handicap match was booked with the Junkyard Dog and Andre the Giant taking on Adrian Adonis & The Masked Mercenaries. We see Andre and JYD triumph and then the unmasking of one of the mercenaries to reveal Matt Borne! The crowd is white hot in the arena as there is still one more mercenary under a mask, but who is it? We then cut to the arena where Jim Ross and Bill Watts are standing by but as soon as they begin speaking, out walk Adonis and Borne…}

Jim Ross: Now wait just a minute here… we are trying to get the show started…

Adrian Adonis: You listen to me Jim Ross… you listen up real good. We are the ones who are going to say when the show starts… now before any of you people out there in TV land get surprised, let me tell you that my name is Adrian Adonis, and there ain’t a man a live that can put me down in that ring. The man next to me is the Maniac Matt Borne. He has fought all over the world and put every single person in his way not only to the mat, but THROUGH the mat! Now you have a clever saying of masked mercenaries, but let me tell you something, the masks may be off but the prize is yet to be gained!

Bill Watts: What prize are you talking about? Where’s the third guy?

Matt Borne: There is no third man Watts! It was all an ILLUSION! It has been an ILLUSION since day one!

Jim Ross: What are you talking about illusion?

Adrian Adonis: It goes like this… a simple task was put out. I spoke with Ted Dibiase… he gave me these instructions. He has given me this check for $10,000 dollars. This check is to be delivered to the Junkyard Dog and it is for ONE MORE MATCH!

{The crowd is stirring… out walks the JYD!}

Adrian Adonis: Now I am not out here to fight Dog… I am out here to just tell you. Dibiase wants ONE MORE MATCH!

JYD: What are you talking about?

Adrian Adonis: It is simple. On November the 4th, from the Superdome, you sign a one on one contest with Ted Dibiase for that title and this check is yours!

{The crowd is really hot right now…}

Adrian Adonis: The catch is… if Dibiase wins, he wins that North American Championship! If you beat him, you will never hear from him again, and then you will get another $10,000 check!

JYD: So $20,000 to take out that old boy one more time? In front of everyone in New Orleans?

Adrian Adonis: All you have to do is sign on the dotted line…

JYD: Well I am going to talk to the big man about it… but I want to talk about tonight. I got a little problem the with two of you and I got me a partner tonight…

{Out walks Wahoo McDaniel!}

JYD: The Chief and I are going to be in that ring tonight and you better join us or we’re coming looking for ya!

{The crowd pops in a big way as we’ve got a main event happening tonight one way or another! It is going to be Wahoo and the JYD vs Adonis & Borne! We cut to a big promo for the Houston Wrestling Special this Saturday October the 15th!}

-Join Mid South Wrestling as they put on a special television spectacular from the Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, Texas! Three huge title matches including Stan the Lariat Hansen & Andre the Giant defending the Mid South Tag Team Titles against the Wild Samoans! We will see the FINALS of the Mid South Television Title Tournament with ThunderBolt Patterson taking on Tiger Chung Lee and Mr. Wrestling II taking on Don Muraco! The Main Event will be a North American Championship Match as the Junkyard Dog takes on Adrian Adonis! Plus see the Fantastics, El Bracero, and the German Destroyers in action!

-Jim Ross and Bill Watts return from the break and put over the big shows that we had over the past couple of nights. They talk about the big main event with JYD and Wahoo taking on Borne and Adonis. Plus they put over the big one on one match with Stan Hansen taking on Don Muraco here tonight! They discuss the big Houston shows on Friday and Saturday and share all the broadcast information for fans to tune in on Saturday Night. They then turn their attention to a special preview contest as we go to the ring and see ThunderBolt Patterson ready for action. All of a sudden, Tojo Yamamoto comes out with Tiger Chung Lee is on crutches! Tojo says that Tiger Chung Lee is hurt and may not be able to continue tonight or for the tournament this Saturday night! Tojo says he has got someone to replace him… MR. FUJI! Fuji walks out and the crowd is shocked. He nimbly steps into the ring for our contest…

ThunderBolt Patterson vs Mr. Fuji w/ Tojo & Tiger Chung Lee

-A pretty good opening contest in terms of psychology, but the action leaves a lot to be desired. Fuji isn’t in the best shape in the world but that doesn’t mean he can’t do some things well. He really breaks down ThunderBolt as Tojo and Tiger serve as distraction outside the ring. The crowd is just absolutely stirring for something to break loose and Thunderbolt then turns it on. He nails some big time strikes with some rights and lefts and then he goes to the ropes but Tiger Chung Lee NAILS him in the back with the crutch! It was all a show! Tiger jumps into the ring and he and Fuji lay a serious beat-down on ThunderBolt! The crowd can’t believe it as Ross and Watts put it through the roof. They say that ThunderBolt is going to get his shot this Saturday and he has got to make it count to get his hands on the Mid South Television Championship!

*COMMERCIAL*

-This Friday night, live from the Sam Houston Coliseum, night one of a two-night extravaganza! Join Mid South Wrestling Live from Houston for a night full of action. We will see three HUGE tag team matches. The Fantastics will look to take down the bigger than life Wild Samoans! We will see a preview of the final matches for the television tournament when Mr. Wrestling II and ThunderBolt Patterson taking on Don Muraco and Tiger Chung Lee! In the Main Event, it will be Andre the Giant & The Junkyard Dog taking on Adrian Adonis & Matt Borne! Catch the action live this Friday night from the Sam Houston Coliseum!

-Jim Ross and Bill Watts return and put over the big show this Friday night and put over the big main event with Wahoo and the Dog taking on Matt Borne & Adrian Adonis. They discuss the future of the tag team division and say we are about to see the future in action as they put over the Fantastics.

The Fantastics vs Los Conquistadors

-Two new wrestlers here as Ross and Watts put them over as masked luchadors from Mexico. They put together a fun contest with the Fantastics at a great pace. It is a glorified squash with both teams getting over but the Fantastics proving they are the superior workers. Watts and Ross say that they could be in line for a tag title shot, but they will have to earn it down the line. In the end we see the Rocket Dropper for the 1…2…3! Fulton and Rogers work the crowd and without a doubt they have got the fans behind them but what will the future hold?

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South Wrestling returns with footage from the 10/7 Mid South Wrestling show from Little Rock, Arkansas. Watts and Ross show the final clips of a tag team battle royal in which the Samoans won. We see the final teams being the Fantastics and Wrestling II/Don Kent but the Samoans are able to overcome and win the contest. We cut back to Ross and Watts}

-Watts and Ross continue to put over the tag team division and talk about the team of Stan Hansen and Andre the Giant. They discuss the formation of this team due to the injury at the hands of Bruiser Brody. Watts says it will be one of the most intense brawls of all time between Hansen & The Giant against the Samoans. They put over the finals of the Television Championship and this next huge contest.

Stan Hansen vs Don Muraco

-A great semi-main event with some good work done tonight. Muraco and Hansen go into business for themselves a little bit but it is still a fun fight. Hansen has both of the titles by the ring and they appear to be some kind of a draw for the Samoans who make their way down to the ring. They grab the title belts and this leads to Hansen turning his attention to them. Muraco runs with a knee from behind and Hansen goes through the ropes to the floor! Muraco grabs the referee and here we go! The Samoans just destroy Hansen. They are punching and kicking him and then the crowd erupts when Mr. Wrestling II runs down to the ring and he attacks the Samoans! The crowd is going nuts as the referee sees all of this and calls for the bell! Hansen has to work his way back up and he is throwing some huge right hands. The Samoans and Muraco back off. This unit may be fearsome but they are smart… they set the stage but here comes Hansen, as he isn’t finished! Watts and Ross put this through the roof and put over the big main event coming up when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Watts and Ross return with Mid South Wrestling putting over the night’s action. They discuss how Mid South Wrestling will be looking to spread their influence and see more towns over the next couple of months. They say that a lot of big names are looking to come to Mid South and when it comes to the SuperDome, it doesn’t get any bigger that Mid South Wrestling. They put over the main event and it is time to go to the ring!

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog & Wahoo McDaniel vs Adrian Adonis & Matt Borne

-What a huge main event and the string continues for Mid South as the action is hot and heavy from the outset. Wahoo McDaniel really gets a good ovation as he is an Oklahoma boy and the fans love seeing him. JYD is beloved and he does an awesome job selling for Adonis and Borne who just do their job beating him down in the corner. JYD finds a way to build his way back up and makes a huge tag to Wahoo who comes in with chops and chops sending these guys flying ALL over the ring. Adonis gets a chop block and then breaks him down. Wahoo is then the one who is getting double-teamed. Adonis and Borne are looking to finish but Wahoo has got the fire of every person in this arena behind him! Wahoo then makes a huge tag and here comes the JYD and he is like a house of FIRE! Adonis and Borne continue to bump around and they look good as a tag team. Adonis and Wahoo take the battle outside the ring to the floor and the crowd is going wild. JYD then hits a couple of big shots on Borne and he is looking to finish. He sets him up and THUMP! 1….2…NO! NO! NO! THE MASKED MERCENARY IS HERE! THE THIRD MAN IS HERE! He is crushing down on JYD! He is hammering away and punching at him. Wahoo McDaniel tries to get in the ring but the Mercenary knees him in the skull as he goes to the floor! Inside the ring, Adonis jumps back in and they pick up JYD and hit a DOUBLE SPIKE PILEDRIVER! OMG! JYD IS DOWN! Watts and Ross go nuts on commentary! They say that JYD HAS TO ACCEPT the match next week. Will JYD sign the contract and take the $10,000? Will it be worth the next $10,000 if he beats him?! Find out next week on Mid South Wrestling! Don’t forget to tune in this Saturday for a very special Houston Television Extravaganza! We will see you there folks!

MID SOUTH WRESTLING

TELEVISION SPECTACULAR

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM

HOUSTON, TEXAS

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog © vs Adrian Adonis

Stan Hansen & Andre the Giant © vs The Wild Samoans

MID SOUTH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco

MID SOUTH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS

ThunderBolt Patterson vs Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

Plus: Mil Mascaras, Wahoo McDaniel, The Fantastics, & The German Destroyers!

10/13 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Tulsa, Oklahoma - Civic Center

Israel Matia & Raul Castro defeated The Shadows

Burrhead Jones defeated Mark Savage

Los Conquistadors defeated Mike & Robert Reed

El Bracero defeated Steve King

ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones defeated Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

Don Muraco defeated Mark Youngblood

Adrian Adonis defeated Mr. Wrestling II

Andre the Giant & Mil Mascaras defeated The Wild Samoans

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Matt Borne after the Masked Mercenary attempted to get involved.

10/14 Mid South Wrestling Live- Houston, Texas - Sam Houston Coliseum

El Bracero & Mark Youngblood defeated Raul Castro & Mad Dog Boyd

S.D. Jones defeated Mr. Fuji

Mil Mascaras defeated Baron Von Raschke

The Wild Samoans defeated The Fantastics

Don Muraco & Tiger Chung Lee defeated Mr. Wrestling II & ThunderBolt Patterson when Tojo interfered and Muraco rolled up Patterson with a hand full of tights.

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog & Andre the Giant defeated Adrian Adonis & Matt Borne when the third masked mercenary came down to try and interfere but Wahoo McDaniel countered his arrival. McDaniel and Andre dealt with Adonis and Borne while JYD was able to unmask the last man as DINO BRAVO!

10/15 Mid South Wrestling Live- Houston, Texas - Sam Houston Coliseum EXTRAVEGANZA

-Mid South Wrestling opens tonight with a special tribute to the Grand Wizard as his picture is shown. We also get a 10-bell salute before the nights action. Watts and Ross put over the big card tonight with three huge title matches on the line. They put over this whole masked mercenary issue and wonder if the JYD will in fact sign the contract to face Ted Dibiase in the Superdome on November 4th. We then cut to the ring for our opening contests…

The Fantastics defeated The German Destroyers via DQ

-A hot opener with Fulton and Rogers pretty over with the crowd. The Baron and Von Hess really do a good job of getting heat on these two young guys. Fulton and Rogers look to finish but out of nowhere the Baron nails Fulton with some kind of object. Von Hess and the Baron then go to work on Fulton before Rogers fights his way back to back them off. Watts and Ross put this over big time and say this one is far from over.

*COMMERCIAL*

-We return to Mid South Wrestling with Ross and Watts discussing the recent signing of Wahoo McDaniel. He says that he has come to the Mid South area to work with the best talent there is and it feels good to be back home. Watts and Ross then put over the event last night in this very arena where we saw Dino Bravo get unmasked by the Junkyard Dog and being announced as the third masked mercenary. Watts and Ross talk about how these are two of the most dangerous men in wrestling but tonight they face two of the biggest stars in the world of wrestling.

Wahoo McDaniel & Mil Mascaras vs Matt Borne & Dino Bravo

-A star-studded event with four good workers. This one has got a great pace from the outset with four well-known stars. It is a great tale of Wahoo getting beaten down something awful. Watts and Ross put this through the roof and it builds to Wahoo making the HUGE tag to Mascaras who comes in like a house of fire with some big time offense. He is flying around as Borne and Bravo are looking to slow the pace but nothing doing. Wahoo is building back up on the corner and when Bravo and Borne look to double up on Mascaras Wahoo comes in with chops a plenty! Bravo and Mascaras fall through the ropes and then Wahoo comes with a nasty double chop that sends Borne crashing down and he is grasping his chest something awful. He rolls out of the ring and we’ve got a big 4-way brawl. Mascaras finds his way back in the ring while the referee counts to 10. We have a winner via count-out but this fight is far from over as Wahoo continues to chop away. Mascaras comes out but Borne and Bravo back off. Watts and Ross say they can’t wait to see how this plays out next week on Mid South television...

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Ross: Fans we are back and on the brink of our first of two big television championship tournament matches.

Bill Watts: We know that Muraco and Wrestling II will be facing off later, but this match has got a lot on the line.

Jim Ross: That’s right Bill. Right now, Tiger Chung Lee has got 15 points, if he wins by a pinfall or submission, he would be in the lead and almost out of reach, except for if Wrestling II wins later on by Count out of Pinfall/Submission. Right now ThunderBolt only has 5 points, and he needs a big win right here to jump up to share the lead with Wrestling II. He would then need Muraco to win by DQ in order to tie with Wrestling II and for a sudden death next week on television.

Bill Watts: Ross, this is quite the predicament, let’s take it to the ring!

Thunderbolt Patterson vs Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

-A fun contest with these two title contenders. Ross and Watts continue to put over the all the scenarios that could unfold. Inside the ring, you can tell Tiger is going to be better suited in the tag team role, but he leaves a lot of it all right here in the ring. ThudnerBolt has got some great momentum coming in and it continues to come through here. We see Mr. Fuji try to make his way out to the ring. He gets up on one apron while Tojo is on the other. ThunderBolt ducks a clothesline from Tiger that nails Tojo. ThunderBolt runs and nails Fuji with a forearm and knocks him to the floor. Tiger runs and Thunderbolt ducks the line and then turns him around for a modified BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX! 1…..2….3!! ThunderBolt Patterson gets 20 points! He is now tied for the lead! He escapes the ring before Fuji and Tiger can get their hands on him. Everything is on the line later on tonight!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Watts and Ross continue to put over the TV Tournament later on this evening. They turn their attention to the Mid South tag team championship. They discuss the focus on the Samoans and wonder if they will be able to function as a team tonight. The champions are two of the biggest stars in wrestling, but can they work together!?! We cut to the ring!

Stan Hansen & Andre The Giant © vs The Wild Samoans

-This one is a knock down drag out brawl between four of THEE strongest and toughest men in wrestling. A few stories unfold, as the Wild Samoans are just a little bit wilder than normal. They don’t have the guidance of the Wizard outside the ring and appear to be acting on instinct, but it is working. On the other side of the ring, miscommunication is a mild way to put how off Andre the Giant and Stan Hansen are. Watts and Ross put this through the roof, but inside the ring, it is not as pretty of a picture. Andre and Hansen continue to argue and out of nowhere, all hell breaks loose! Hansen attacks Andre and Andre attacks Hansen! PeeWee Anderson doesn’t know what to do as the Samoans back off. Hansen goes for a lariat on the big man but Andre with a huge BOOT to the mush and Hansen goes down. Andre backs off and then the Samoans POUNCE! We see both Afa and Sika with some vicious headbutts and Hansen is busted wide open. A double body slam followed by one splash and then another for the 1…2…3 and WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! The crowd is shocked right now! The fans can’t believe it as Watts and Ross put it over in a big way. Hansen walks over as Ross and Watts are talking and he grabs the microphone…

Stan Hansen: WATTS! WATTS! You tell that good for nothing piece of sh*t that he doesn’t know what he’s good for! You tell him I carried him and he will never touch gold again! Texas is my state and Andre the Giant… it isn’t big enough for the two of us! Whenever you want it big man, the bad man from Borger is here and he is going to whip you like the good for nothing piece of trash you are!

{Watts and Ross are silent as we cut away to commercial!}

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Ross: I cannot believe what we’ve just seen here Bill… the Wild Samoans are three time tag team champions and I wonder what is going to happen with Andre and Hansen.

Bill Watts: When you got two guys like Andre and Hansen, it is hard to tell if one man can trust the other… we saw that unfold here tonight.

Jim Ross: I am sure we will have more on this on Mid South television this Thursday night. It is now time for the television title finals…

Bill Watts: Fans this is an amazing happening. We have watched this tournament unfold over the last month and it comes down to this!

Jim Ross: Well Bill, it goes like this… ThunderBolt Patterson just got a pinfall and 20 points. He has a total right now of 25 points and is tied with Mr. Wrestling II who has 25 points. Tiger Chung Lee is out of the running with only 15 points. Going into the final contest, Don Muraco has 10 points and Wrestling II has 25 points. If Westling II wins in any way, he is the new Television Champion. If Wrestling II and Muraco draw, we would have a sudden death contest this week on Mid South Television between ThunderBolt Patterson and Wrestling II with the winner getting the Television Championship. If Don Muraco pins or makes Wrestling II submit, he will win the Television Championship outright. If Don Muraco wins by DQ, we would still go to the draw. If Muraco wins by Count Out, we would have a three-way draw with 25 points, and then well we’d have quite the cluster!

Bill Watts: Well Jim, needless to say we’ve got quite the contest coming up. You have to take into account the emotion that Don Muraco has coming into this contest. You have to take into account the blood feud that Wrestling II has had with Muraco.

Jim Ross: Not to mention the momentum from the Wild Samoans winning the tag team titles, but I don’t know if Muraco is confirming his allegiance with these guys anymore.

Bill Watts: Fans, this is quite possibly one of the most emotionally driven matches in the history of Mid South and with the television championship on the line, anything can and will happen.

Jim Ross: Fans, it is time, let’s take it to the ring!

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen, our next contest is the final match up in the Mid South Television Championship Ironman Tournament! Introducing first, from Honolulu, Hawaii, The Magnificent One, Don Muraco! His opponent, from Charleston, South Carolina, Mr. Wrestling II!

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco

-The finals of the TV title tournament play out full of drama. The crowd is solidly behind Wrestling II who is white hot right now with momentum but Muraco has got something up his sleeve every turn of the tide. Muraco is able to work over the knee and the neck of Wrestling II but the masked superstar has got something special up his sleeve or mask, however you see it. Watts and Ross put this through the roof as Wrestling II looks to finish off the Hawaiian superstar. He goes for the high knee but Muraco ducks and Wrestling II goes flying over the top rope to the floor! Muraco is trying to stop the referee from counting, if it is a count out, it is a 3 way tie! Muraco grabs the referee but all of a sudden someone runs out of the back… who is this guy… IT’S PAUL JONES! He rolls in Wrestling II who is grasping his knee. Muraco hammers but Wrestling II with a roll up 1…2… but Jones pushes Muraco over for the 1…2….3!! MURACO WINS! MURACO FINISHES WITH 30 POINTS AND WINS THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP! The crowd can’t believe it! Jones grabs the newly minted Television Championship and gives it to Muraco! The crowd is shocked. Wrestling II is holding his knee and it doesn’t look good. Muraco holds up the title as we see a graphic for the results of the Ironman Tournament!

FINAL POINT TOTALS

Don Muraco – 30 points – WINNER

Mr. Wrestling II – 25 points

ThunderBolt Patterson – 25 points

Tiger Chung Lee – 15 points

{A big time main event with everything on the line here tonight. Before the contest we see Adonis flanked to the ring by Borne and Bravo. The Junkyard Dog then walks out and sees the ring but looks behind him and out comes Wahoo and Mascaras! We have a host of officials come down and they back everyone off. It is going to be one on one for the North American Championship and here we go!}

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen this is the main event of the evening. This contest will be for the Mid South North American Championship. It is scheduled for One Fall with a 60-minute time limit. Introducing first, the challenger, from Buffalo, New York, Adrian Adonis! His opponent, the Mid South North American Champion, from Charlotte, North Carolina, The Junkyard Dog!

The Jumkyard Dog © vs Adrian Adonis

-A big time contest with the crowd going wild for the Dog here tonight. These two guys go round and round for 15-solid minutes of action. It is a great story of Adonis really working over the Dog’s head and neck. Watts and Ross put it over in a big way and say that the Dog’s reign could go away as quickly as it began! Adonis looks gold in the ring tonight and he’s got the crowd after him as he beats down the beloved Dog. Adonis looks to finish as he goes for the DDT but JYD with a huge backdrop and Adonis goes flying over his back! Adonis comes with some big rights and lefts but the JYD is staving them off and he is coming back with some shots of his own! The crowd is stirring. Adonis is about to counter the Dog and throws him into the corner and runs for a clothesline but JYD with a big boot and Adonis goes down! JYD the grabs his legs and WHIPLASHES HIM INTO THE TURNBUCKLE BUT HE FLIES AND HITS THE RING POST! Adonis goes down hard and JYD covers for the 1….2….3!! THE JYD RETAINS THE NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP! The crowd is going wild! JYD holds the title in the air as Adonis is shaking out the cobwebs… Watts and Ross thank you for joining us for this great night of action! We will see you for Mid South Wrestling this Thursday night for all the fall out as we begin the Road to the Superdome on November 5th!

10/16 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Monroe, Louisiana - Civic Center

ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones defeated Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

Wahoo McDaniel defeated Dino Bravo

The Wild Samoans defeated Los Conquistadors

MID SOUTH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Don Muraco defeated El Bracero

Adrian Adonis defeated Mr. Wrestling II

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Matt Borne

Mid-South is on fire!

JYD is the new Backlund for this world in that he's gonna have fun matches with a bunch of contenders (who can make him look great).

Muraco is the definitive #2 champ for a promotion and what a way to step up with the Grand Wizard's replacement. I think Jones is actually a fantastic manager, he just was saddled with stiffs and a feud that never ended.

Samoans also step up in a huge way and after the tag championship being held by a bunch of huge names lately, they prove that a great team will beat two singles anytime.

And there's just a ton of fun names coming in. This feels more like a Mid-South type promotion than ever.

Great TV and a Houston card that promises bigger things in the future. Andre and Hansen turning on one another had to happen, those two are enemies at heart. Muraco as the champ is a great way to build heat and put somebody over when he goes down. JYD is proving to be a great champ after only a couple of weeks. Fuji coming in to be a part of the Muraco stable is certainly...well, expected. :) I look forward to the next feud for the Fantastics as it will get them closer to being the tag champs they truly are.

logo.jpg

10/19 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Shreveport, Louisiana - Irish McNeil Boys Club

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

BWand_JR.png

{Mid South Wrestling opens with footage of the big show from the Sam Houston Coliseum this past weekend. We then cut to the arena and before Watts and Ross can even get into it, here comes Adonis, Borne, and Bravo!

Jim Ross: Now what in the world are you guys doing out here?

Adrian Adonis: We aren’t out here for a fight Ross… we are out here to collect a check or an answer! Now where is that low down dirty dog!?

{The crowd then pops as the JYD comes out but he isn’t alone! Wahoo McDaniel and Mr. Wrestling II join him… we also see some officials come out as Bill Watts walks in front of the broadcast booth…}

Bill Watts: Well JYD… everyone wants to know… will you face Ted Dibiase on the 5th?

JYD: Lemme tell you something Bill Watts… I looked at that check last week and I thought… $10,000 is a lotta money. That’s a lot of money that could be used to help a lot of people in Shreveport. So I got on the phone and I got a hold of the Boys and Girls right here in Shreveport and I cashed that check and gave them every single dime of that $10,000!

{The crowd pops huge! Adonis and company aren’t happy at all with this announcement…}

Adonis: So I take it you accept the match and are going to try to get your hands on another check huh?

JYD: Adrian… I am going to take that match. I am going to once and for ALL get rid of Ted Dibiase. You found out first hand that I am the champion and there ain’t a man alive who can take it from me!

{Dino Bravo then steps up and gets into the JYD’s face… Wahoo counters as we have got a big time showdown coming up. Bill Watts is in between em as Jim Ross announces a huge main event of Wahoo McDaniel taking on Dino Bravo here tonight!}

*COMMERCIAL*

-Mid South Wrestling returns with highlights from the Houston Wrestling event this past weekend. We see the encounter between the Fantastics and the German Destroyers. The Baron and Von Hess make their way down to the ring and run down the two pretty boys as they call em. Watts and Ross put both teams over as we cut to the ring.

The Fantastics vs The Shadows (Red & Black)

-Another fun tag team contest for the Fantastics. They work very well with the Shadows who bump around and feed them everything they need to look great in the ring. Fulton and Rogers have really begun to gel as a tag team and it shows tonight. Red and Black attempt to break things up but it is two much. A wheelbarrow tag team maneuver has got the crowd going wild. The Destroyers are outside the ring just running them through the dirt. A pair of double dropkicks and then a ROCKET LAUNCHER for the 1….2….3!!! Fulton and Rogers look out to the Destroyers and they are welcoming in another fight but nothing doing. The Destroyers walk to the back but out of nowhere Stan Hansen is here and he’s throwing quite the tantrum! Ross and Watts put over the tag title contest from Houston….

*COMMERCIAL*

hqdefault.jpg

Jim Ross: Fans I am joined by Stan Hansen… Bill Watts has got to the back… we have something happening…

Stan Hansen: You damn right something is happening! You better know that big dumb ape Andre the Giant is nowhere to be found! I am calling him out right now!

Jim Ross: We know Andre the Giant is here but he isn’t scheduled…

Stan Hansen: You write that big goof a letter and tell him Stan Hansen is here and he wants a fight!

{Hansen walks away from Ross and gets into the ring and he is twirling around that bull rope! We have got pure chaos as Andre emerges from behind the curtain and Bill Watts is trying to hold him back but Andre pushes him to the ground! The Giant comes down to the ring and Hansen attempts to hit him with the cowbell but misses the first time and then cracks him the second! Andre is busted but it only makes him angrier! He grabs the rope and pulls Hansen over to the ropes and nails him with a big right hand! Andre is nailing him through the ropes as officials come down. They are trying to pull Andre off and Hansen breaks free and goes to the back! Watts is there with Andre and threatens to take him out and he says he wants Hansen!

hqdefault.jpg

*COMMERCIAL*

-Mid South Wrestling returns with Bill Watts in shambles thanks to Andre the Giant. He proclaims that Andre does want a match with Hansen in the Superdome on the 5th of November, but it will be Hansen who must decide if he accepts! Watts and Ross then officially announce that there will be a special showcase match on November the 5th from the Superdome as N.W.A. World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race will be taking on the Masked Superstar! Watts puts over how Superstar is one of the most dangerous men in wrestling and someone who could take the title from Race. Watts and Ross also put over the Midnight Express from Montreal and talk about them being here next week on Mid South Wrestling and what kind of impact they could have on the tag team division. They put over the recent issues with ThunderBolt Patterson and Tiger Chung Lee. Tonight ThunderBolt takes on Mr. Fuji in a rematch from last week, let’s take it to the ring!

ThunderBolt Patterson vs Mr. Fuji w/ Tojo & Tiger Chung Lee

-This one is chaos from the outset as Tiger won’t get out of the ring for the referee to start the match and now here comes Fuji and it is a double team! These two are wearing down ThunderBolt Patterson something awful as the crowd pops when S.D. Jones comes out! Watts and Ross put over S.D. as a buddy of ThunderBolt and he comes in for the save. We get some fun Texas Tornado action inside the ring before Fuji and Tiger are sent packing. S.D. & ThunderBolt look good here tonight as they work the crowd. We then cut to Watts and Ross who are standing by with the NEW Television Champion, the Magnificent Don Muraco and he isn’t alone!

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen we want to bring in the new television champion, Don Muraco and his new manager, Paul Jones. Gentlemen, this was pure chaos over the weekend in Houston and you came out on to…

Don Muraco: I came out more than on top you goof. I came out as the unprecedented, undisputed, and undefeatable Television Champion! This title is just a symbol of what excellence is all about Ross! Now you look to my left and this is the man that helped me through that final match!

Jim Ross: The “Incomparable” Paul Jones. You were perhaps the last man we expected to see show up in the Mid South area, especially with Don Muraco!

Paul Jones: Well you and all these other country bumpkins need to realize that when you have a talent the likes of Don Muraco, you do what you need to make him happy. You see he was in a rut due to all the recent events and he needed to win the biggest match of his life this past week, and I was just the man to help him!

Bill Watts: That was still not without controversy. How about Wrestling II flying over the top rope? How about Jones pushing your backside over and you then getting the pinfall?

Don Muraco: Details Watts, details. Where is Wrestling II tonight huh? He is sitting in some hospital bed with a bum knee knowing he couldn’t hack it! He knows he couldn’t beat me on his best day and I want to tell the world out there and everyone in the Mid South territory that this title is Don Muraco’s and there is NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE who will take it from me!

Bill Watts: Well don’t count your chikcens before they hatch Muraco, because I talked with Wrestling II. He will be here next week and to go along with that, on the 5th in the Superdome, he is going to get his rematch with you and that title is going to be ON THE LINE!

Paul Jones: Bill Watts, if you want to be the man who helps end the career of Mr. Wrestling II, that is your single-mindedness… but understand this… on November the 5th, not only will Don Muraco walk out with the gold, but he may walk out with Wrestling II’s dignity and end his career… mark my words!

Jim Ross: Well be that as it may folks, we have got a huge main event coming up next, we’ll be right back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Watts and Ross return for Mid South Wrestling putting over that big Superdome Extravaganza on November the 5th. They expect more matches to be signed next week, but with JYD vs Dibiase and Muraco vs Wrestling II on the card, but a possibly showdown of Andre and Hansen, this is shaping up to be one of the biggest cards in the history of Mid South! They discuss the big title win of the Samoans again and say that next week we will see a number one contenders one night tournament with the Fantastics taking on the German Destroyers and ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones taking on Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee. The winners of those matches will face off with the winner going on to face the Samoans in the Superdome! We see Bravo coming out to the ring now…and of course he isn’t alone! Wahoo walks out but he isn’t alone either! He is joined by the JYD but he has someone else… THAT’S BLACKJACK LANZA! Things are heating up as this is an impromptu lumberjack match!

MAIN EVENT

Wahoo McDaniel vs Dino Bravo

-Just a fun back and forth contest with two of the baddest dudes on the block. Bravo and Wahoo try to chop each other down piece by piece! The crowd is hot for Wahoo who has gotten a great ovation from the beginning. He and Bravo do well with the power v power and of course, with Borne and Adonis outside the ring, they are getting some great heat. Watts and Ross wonder what Lanza’s motives are but they say he’s close to Dog and Wahoo. This one has got limited television time remaining and these two guys are pushing every limit to take the other out before the bell rings. Wahoo picks up the pace and he is looking to put Bravo away. We see Adonis try to get involved but then Lanza grabs him but comes crashing down pretty awkwardly and he is grasping his knee! The crowd is in shock right now as JYD comes over and CRACKS Adonis! On the other side of the ring though, Matt Borne has got a roll of quarters in his hand and he just NAILS Wahoo McDaniel and he falls backwards. Bravo covers for the 1…2….3! The camera shot sees Wahoo’s face just COVERED in blood. JYD is checking on him while we have medics checking on Lanza. This doesn’t look good for the Blackjack as he just got out here and now it appears he could be done before he even started! Borne, Bravo, and Adonis all seem pleased. The Road to the Superdome has started, who else will be added to this MONSTER card on November the 5th?!

MID SOUTH WRESTLING

Presents: Superdome Extraveganza!

Live on Saturday November 5th, 1983

from the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana

The Junkyard Dog © vs Ted Dibiase

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Harley Race © vs Masked Superstar

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco © w/ Paul Jones

10/20 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Jackson, Mississippi - Mississippi Coliseum

The German Destroyers defeated The Shadows

ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones defeated Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji

Matt Borne & Dino Bravo defeated the Fantastics

Don Muraco © defeated El Bracero

Wahoo McDaniel & Andre the Giant defeated the Wild Samoans via Count Out

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Adrian Adonis

10/21 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Little Rock, Arkansas - Civic Center

The German Destroyers defeated Los Conquistadors

Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji defeated ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones

Adrian Adonis & Dino Bravo defeated the Fantastics

Wahoo McDaniel & Andre the Giant defeated the Wild Samoans

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Matt Borne

10/22 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Lake Charles, Louisiana - Civic Center

The German Destroyers defeated The Shadows

ThunderBolt Patterson & S.D. Jones defeated Tiger Chung Lee & Mr. Fuji

Matt Borne & Adrian Adonis defeated the Fantastics

Wahoo McDaniel & Andre the Giant defeated the Wild Samoans via DQ

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog © defeated Dino Bravo

10/23 - Mid South Wrestling Live- Monroe, Louisiana - Civic Center

The German Destroyers defeated Los Conquistadors

Tiger Chung Lee defeated SD Jones

ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Mr. Fuji

Andre the Giant & Wahoo McDaniel defeated the Samoans via DQ

Adrian Adonis & Dino Bravo defeated The Fantastics

Mr. Wrestling II & Don Muraco went to a 30-minute draw!

MID SOUTH NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

The Junkyard Dog defeated Matt Borne