Pro Wrestling Only

NWA titles

JHawk

Originally I had an agreement with Beast to deal the Guerreros for the Vachon starting in December, which is how the guerreros got the NWA World Tag Team Title. With Mid-Atlantic changing hands and this new draft, I decided to keep Chavo and Mando since they fit my style better anyway.

With that said, I would propose having the NWA tag titles be controlled by the Board of Directors the same as the NWA World Champion. Title changes done by vote of NWA members, booking controlled by the NWA President with priority to the home promotion of the champions, etc.

Also willing to listen to other suggestions

That sounds good. I am unsure where Memphis falls in this. When I took over the promotion, they had titles under both the NWA and AWA banner and they still have both. I do not know if they are a voting member. I do not want to change anything from before. I just want to know what was done in the past. I guess what I am saying is who are the NWA voting members

From my understanding it was...

Mid Atlantic

WWA

Florida

Stampede - Associate

Memphis - Associate

Mid South - Associate

Big Time would be a promotion if they wanted to be they could.

But I do think that some of those in charge of the NWA have to look at how promotions are functioning with both or if the NWA is okay with it. Obviously in cases like Memphis, their individuals are coming in and out. I know I have an association with the AWA but nothing more than some talent here and talent there. I don't recognize their champion as the world champion. With this hiccup in the NWA, I would say that until something is resolved by the powers that be, Mid South still recognizes the NWA Champion as the world champion but would like to see the stability before moving forward with its association.

I think Memphis has to find out what they want their relationship to be. Are they a promotion that sees both the AWA and NWA on the same level or does he value one "world" champion over the other. He could always tread the line and invite both promotions in and out if individuals from the NWA and AWA both think that is okay. It is all the choice of those who work with him.

I think we've established more individualized promotions than to just have one world champion... however the NWA promotions and AWA promotions and those of us on our ownish while utilizing those champions and our own regional champions work pretty well. It will be nice to see as it unfolds once shows start coming and we begin firing on all cylinders in 1984.

The reason I am on both sides of the fence with AWA and NWA is because that is what Memphis had done in history. The had an alliance with both. They had the AWA Southern Title and the NWA Mid American Title. I do enjoy seeing both champions coming in to Memphis or sending parts of my roster to other places. If that is problem for the members of the AWA and NWA please let me know. I am not trying to upset others.

I see no problem with it...IRL, Memphis rode the fence trying to see which one they could get to put the World title on Lawler, when they realized they would never have the votes to get a run with the NWA title they focused on the AWA which eventually paid off in '88. I like what you are doing right now,makes things interesting.

Personally I like the idea of the touring champs being governed within the game rather than a meta, outside the game type organization. In the context of 1983/4 it makes it more fun to me see AWA/NWA/etc. ebb and flow a bit and gives an element of unpredictability. Maybe in this bold new future the AWA ends up being the main org while the NWA drifts apart, maybe Watts organizes outlying promotions into a touring UWF, etc. I'd like to explore that future, personally.

I think that Dex is right. I don't know if I would be all in for one governing body over everyone as I believe each one of us has our own agenda for what What we are trying to accomplish. I think that in our world we have already seen the WWF collapse and even with the recent events of Starrcade not taking place the top spot is definitely up for grabs and for all intensive purposes the AWA has the majority stock. Now with all of the things that we have done over the past two weeks the NWA could come together and put together a Starrcade to take place in Christmas it would just take planning and then I think that those two governing bodies while we all work together would definitely have some competition with some outliers simply working on their own and having joint relationships with both.