Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance Meeting 12/12

LowBlowPodcast

I would like to call to order a meeting of the National Wrestling Alliance. At this point, we have some full time members and associates. This thread has multiple different purposes... let's run down the agenda...

1. Role call...

- Please state your promotion and if you would like to be a full time member or an associate member.

2. NWA World Title

-It was agreed upon in the last NWA meeting that Ric Flair would become the next world champion, however, dude to unforeseen circumstances, the date in which Flair was supposed to win the title came and went. Are we still in agreement of Flair becoming the World Champion? Is there anyone else ho would be a contender to dethrone Harley Race at this time?

3. World Title Dates

- Does the home promotion of the World Champion get 10 or 15 home dates a month? Do we want to do week spans in promotions or a day to day booking like the freelancers?

4. Starrcade

- On December 25th, 1983, Jim Crockett Promotions and Mid South would like to joint promote a Starrcade event. The location of this event can be discussed, but would this be a good opportunity for the title switch agreed upon on agenda item number 2?

Please post your answer to the preceding questions and any discussion here. Thank you to all those involved.

1. WWA; full time member

2. I am on board with Ric Flair as the next World Heavyweight Champion.

3. 10 dates for the home promotion is fine, that gives 20 dates to split among the remaining members. I'm OK with treating those dates the same as the freelancers but would request one promotion not take more than 7 consecutive days to allow the champion to be split amongst the promotions.

4. Starrcade as the date of the title switch is fine with me

1. Mid South - Associate Member

2. I do like the idea of Race as champion, but it was agreed upon for Flair to get the title even though the date came and went. I do think he is the more versatile of the two at this point and a good front runner. I will work with Gene on the booking if he needs help.

3. I like the 10 dates for the home promotion. The freelance booking works for me and especially the idea of a maximum of 7 dates in a territory a month. Now that could be one week which is how it worked out sometimes in the past.

4. I am 100% behind Starrcade and have agreed to do the majority of the legwork work with it. As long as we have Flair vs Race for the title as the main event, with the freelancers booked and Mid South and JCPs new rosters we are going to have a whale of a show.

I would like to offer it out to the other full and associate members to send any kind of match and results you'd like to see from your regional promotion. We agreed to hold the event in Greesboro and with Flair vs Race as the main event we have roughly 9 or 10 more matches to be signed so let me know if you'd like to be showcased.

This is all of course if the remaining members... Memphis and Florida and possibly Stampede (if he stays in the NWA) agree with the proposal... even with the majority vote going in favor... we'd like all opinions.

1. Florida: Full Time Member

2. I'm good with Flair winning it. I'd like to bring up possibly Kerry Von Erich getting a small run with it as he did IRL in a few months.

-Florida will likely put together a memorial card for David Von Erich when he passes away.

3.10 dates is fine by me

4. starrcade as the date of the title switch is fine by me

1. Stampede: full time member

2. Being a newbie I am on board with Ric Flair as World Heavyweight Champion but am open for a short reign as I did not see the build up.

3. 10 dates for the home promotion is fine, and I like the maximum 7 days for a territory.

4. Starrcade as the date of the title switch is fine with me and I can have a match from Stampede.