Pro Wrestling Only

Observer Notes

Strummer

Taken from various boards and sites.:

Matt Hardy was supposed to be chokeslammed by Undertaker at the end of Survivor Series. Hardy bailed on the fly because he thought it would "hurt his momentum" (what momentum?) Taker chewed him out in public in front of the boys, called him a mark and that he should respect the veteran wrestlers more. Apparently the squash at the PPV was his punishment.

Big suprise, Hogan is upset at his Summerslam payoff.

The New RAW GM should be Dusty Rhodes.

Vince is not allowing Benoit and Rey to work an Eddy memorial show in Mexico

Hogan wants to work Cena, Angle or Big Show if Austin won't do the WM match.

Rey accidently hit a fan with a cake at a recent house show. Tony Chimmel was the target.

Orlando Jordan slapped a fan who called him a racial slur at a recent house show.

WWE is about to sign Sonny Siaki

Guest EastCoastJ

I don't get worked up about wrestling all that much these days, but the Undertaker does it to me every time. The guy is the most selfish bastard I can recall in a long time, and makes HHH look like the patron saint of jobbing. The Taker has been burying Randy Orton in 2-on-1 handicap matches for all of 2005, and whatever small chance Orton had of getting himself over at the main event level is being crushed by the guy.

The guy is such a peice of shit. He still has heat with Hogan to this day because he thought Hogan didn't do enough to put him over in 90/91 (MONTHS AFTER ENTERING THE WWF WHEN HOGAN WAS ALREADY LAYING DOWN FOR HIM) and he's damn near ruined every young guy he has touched since he has been on top.

And the guy won't even break his precious character to say something nice about Eddie Guerrero... or Owen Hart... or September 11th. What a guy.

I know Taker's a big mark for his character, but wasn't part of him not being on the wrestler or 9/11 tribute shows WWE not wanting a character who's whole deal is based on being an undead zombie on a show meant to pay respect to the recently deceased?

Guest EastCoastJ

Also, did anyone find out what Vito did to warrant getting a worm salad at the PPV?

Dave Meltzer said on Live Audio Wrestling a couple days ago that Vito just isn't very well liked backstage and has a tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. It might be a case of that.

Matt Hardy was supposed to be chokeslammed by Undertaker at the end of Survivor Series.  Hardy bailed on the fly because he thought it would "hurt his momentum" (what momentum?)  Taker chewed him out in public in front of the boys, called him a mark and that he should respect the veteran wrestlers more.  Apparently the squash at the PPV was his punishment.

Vince is not allowing Benoit and Rey to work an Eddy memorial show in Mexico

God bless WWE. Always in the spirit of the Christmas season and all...

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Also, did anyone find out what Vito did to warrant getting a worm salad at the PPV?

Dave Meltzer said on Live Audio Wrestling a couple days ago that Vito just isn't very well liked backstage and has a tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. It might be a case of that.
Hey, good, bring back Palumbo and/or Stamboli.

And getting back to Taker/Hardy, Taker says Hardy needs to respect the veteran wrestlers? What, did they just call up Hardy from OVW? Matt *IS* a veteran wrestler. I don't mind Taker going over Orton, since I can't stand Orton, but Taker needs to quit being such a douche.

Guest Cam Chaos

The day Taker stops being a douche is the day both his knees finally buckle and he can't walk or the day he dies and doesn't return a few weeks later. Otherwise I expect he'll remain a douche since he's "the big dog" with tenure so it's "his yard".

Guest CanadianChick

Ah, Taker. What a pro this guy is. I don't like Matt Hardy much, but he did have a point. Why should Taker make all of Smackdown look like a bunch of goofs who just stand there and wait for Taker to beat them up? Really, if they were going to do that segment, the only guys out there should have been people that barely get on Smackdown.

Guest Cam Chaos

Why would Taker have reason to attack Hardy anyway? He's a face, hasn't had any previous feuds with Taker and Taker was out there after Orton. However that doesn't matter because Taker felt slighted he didn't get to chokeslam someone he really would have had no reason to hurt to begin with and since he's a "veteran", aka a shadow of his former self that stays over due to the company's faith in promoting him as a result of his tenure, he gets to dictate who should lay down for him upon his "return" regardless of common sense and damn them for wanting to protect what little credibility they may clinging to.

Guest bravesfan

What kind of momentum is Matt talking about? Is it one that would be squashed by a chokeslam by Taker?

I won't let my unquestioned hate for Taker get in the way of the truth: Matt Hardy is just as big of a mark for himself as anyone in the company, Taker included.

I don't have my Observer with me at the moment, but the story was that Matt Hardy was suppose to get chokeslammed at the end of Surivor Series, but Hardy went complaining to one of the agents. At Survivor Series instead of taking it he just rolled out of the ring, and when they showed the PPV to the wrestlers, Taker pointed it out in front of everyone and just humiliated Hardy in front of all the boys. Taker said something like "if you were the veteran, and I had refused, how would you feel"?

Guest bravesfan

I think it's not so much Matt Hardy's status as the issue as much as Taker, one of the few guys who could probably tell Vince to go fuck himself and get away with it, getting his panties in a wad over anything Matt Hardy does.

Then he should pick and choose his battles with guys who do have tenureship - especially one who's as "respected" as Taker is by the entire locker room. Was he expecting anyone to side with him?

Why is the Undertaker still even main eventing in 2005? He's been tanking buyrates and ratings since at least 2000. His push after Wrestlemania X-7 completely derailed the company. They should've turned him into more of a side show when he's hips started going bad in 1999. At this point Taker should just be beating up jobbers in handicap matches and filling in as a tag partner every once and awhile. He shouldn't be beating up whole portions of the roster in a single night.

Pretty soon the WWF is going to go beyond WCW and turn into the AWA.