Pro Wrestling Only

The Greatest Wrestler Ever Project: Postscript

bradhindsight

12 hours ago, Badlittlekitten said:

How do people rank Jackie Sato among the joshi girls?  I ask because by some happy accident I come across her vs Chabela Romero (?) in a great bloodbath match recently. Having not paid any attention to her I was pretty blown away by Sato. She looked like a beast.

If I was to make a list today I would certainly consider Roman Reigns for a spot. He's had too many great big time matches to ignore at this point and the heel run so far has only solidified him. He should be a shoe-in in five years. Sasha Banks I have thought about. She isn't there yet but I definitely think she has the best case of the WWE women. A lot of it hinges on WWE's hot-and-cold booking unfortunately - there's always the danger once she drops the belt that she sinks back into nothingness again.

I am a fan of hers. I also like Yumi Ikeshita from that era. If you watch enough of it, you pretty much get into everybody -- Victoria Fujimi, Nancy Kumi, Mami Kumano, Lucy Kayama, and a little bit later girls like Mimi Hagiwara, Jumbo Hori, Tarantula. You should definitely check out Jackie Sato vs. Jaguar Yokota. 

One girl that has a big rep who we have almost nothing from is Mariko Akagi. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, ohtani's jacket said:

I am a fan of hers. I also like Yumi Ikeshita from that era. If you watch enough of it, you pretty much get into everybody -- Victoria Fujimi, Nancy Kumi, Mami Kumano, Lucy Kayama, and a little bit later girls like Mimi Hagiwara, Jumbo Hori, Tarantula. You should definitely check out Jackie Sato vs. Jaguar Yokota. 

One girl that has a big rep who we have almost nothing from is Mariko Akagi. 

Thanks, finally watched the Sato vs Jaguar matches. Good stuff although I definitely preferred the first one. Best of all was a match with Devil Masami in 1980 I watched, which was a classic until the lame finish. Loved Jackie's work from the collar and elbow tie-up, arm wringers and reversals etc.

I'm pretty sure I was the high vote for Yumi Ikeshita last time round. Coolest woman that ever lived.