Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-04-21-WWE-Smackdown] A.J. Styles vs The Miz

GOTNW

I'm shocked they got so much time (~15 minutes on TV) but it was totally the right call. Man Miz is just fucking good right now. He can stooge and feed the faces so much because he's good enough that his character doesn't need to be presented as especially strong to be able to take big portions of the match if needed. When AJ goes for his Dropkick sequences Miz cuts him off and quickly slams him. This is smart, but also sets up a revenge spot of AJ Bodyslamming Miz later in the match AND builds to AJ successfully hitting the Dropkick. When Miz gets in the ring before AJ does he'll jump him as soon as AJ gets in there. And there was an awesome spot where he used Maryse as a human shield but instead of acting like a generic dumb WWE babyface AJ went around her only for Miz to catch him with a quick cheapshot. AJ did a good job of selling the leg injury and I liked the finish with Miz trying to run away and Gallows and Anderson preventing him from doing so, they've been presented as heels so far and I do see them turning on AJ eventually but you might as well build suspense with them helping him against heels as well. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2016-04-21-WWE-Smackdown] A.J. Styles vs The Miz