Pro Wrestling Only

Longest heel beatdown of a face?

Resident Evil

Guest Cam Chaos

Benoit vs Al Snow was pretty one sided. There was a Takayama match I caught on TWC, I think it was against Nagata, and he basically beat the shit out of him the entire match before Nagata got a kimura submission.

As an angle, when the NWO red and black formed after the fingerpoke of doom and the last ten minutes were pretty much everyone running in and getting the shit kicked out of them by the NWO.

Benoit vs Al Snow was pretty one sided. There was a Takayama match I caught on TWC, I think it was against Nagata, and he basically beat the shit out of him the entire match before Nagata got a kimura submission.

As an angle, when the NWO red and black formed after the fingerpoke of doom and the last ten minutes were pretty much everyone running in and getting the shit kicked out of them by the NWO.

Snow vs Benoit reminds me Benoit and Johnny Smith (which had a similar structure) had some long control segments in their matches. Percentage wise it was a high portion of the matches.

What got me thinking about this was Steamboat's comments in the interview rescently posted on the board.

Two immediately spring to mind:

WCW Fall Brawl '96 -- The NWO win War Games and then proceed to beat up WCW guys for approximately 15-20 minutes, with Savage taking about 8 or 9 chokeslams from The Giant.

WCW Monday Nitro 02/15/99 -- The NWO, donning ski masks, attack Ric Flair in a field in an excruciating skit that's among the worst angles ever.

Jerry Lawler/RVD/Sabu beating down pretty much every star in ECW following the Raven/Dreamer blowoff at the ECW Arena in June of 97 (Raven's last ECW show for 2 and a half years) That post match beatdown went on forever and it was the last ECW angle that I cared about before Paul ran out of ideas.

That beat down the nWo gave the Rock (Where they ran into him with the truck) was pretty long.

Oh God. They went way too far with that angle. It should have ended in the ring. The parking lot did hurt things. The match was going to do amazing numbers regardless, but I think it would have been an even bigger success of a match had the angle ended in the ring.

I remember when that happened, and everyone was saying how it was one of the greatest angles ever and how people would be talking about it years from now. I'll admit, the Rock/Hogan staredown was pretty cool, but, for me, not even 4 years later, the most memorable thing for me from that segment is Hogan saying, 'We're going to lay the smackdown on his crippled ass, nWo style!'