Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-14-ECW-Danbury, CT] Jerry Lynn vs Little Guido

soup23

This match was setting up to be hot with good chain wrestling to start and the crowd going nuts when Lynn dove onto Big Sal on the outside. Unfortunately, Lynn lands badly and fucks up his ankle. Guido applies an ankle submission on the inside and Lynn taps. Disappointing that Lynn is injured given the start to the match. *1/4

• 5 months later...

Match was shaping up to be something very good, maybe even great, until Lynn hurt his ankle on the dive to the floor. Hard to tell if that was on Big Sal not catching him or if Lynn missed his target. Little Guido is so great. I keep hoping to see him in a showcase match that fully exploits his talent.

• 1 month later...

I was so disappointed we didn't really get a match here with Lynn getting hurt. ECW looked to have really nice sized crowd there in Danbury, CT for a house show. The size of that crowd seemed to dwarf most modern indie crowds no matter how much "buzz" they have on twitter.

• 1 month later...

Lynn with a takedown and the two scramble for position. Real nice headscissors from him before the two trade arm drags and Guido steps outside to compose himself. Test of strength, and Guido with a knee to the mid-section when Lynn’s on top. Lynn reverses an Irish whip and ducks out the way of a springboard reverse sunset flip. Tilt-a-whirl into a gorgeous German suplex for two, and Guido rolls to the outside to confer with big Sal. Lynn with a dive off the top turnbuckle to the floor on Sal, but when he gets up off him he’s limping bad. He returns to the ring and Guido with an ankle lock/leg lock for the immediate submission win.

What we saw was real good, but the match was cut short due to the injury.

Big crowd and lots of energy.

I love Guido's entrance, riding on Sal's shoulders. Great opening sequence has the crowd hot. Then JL's injury. Since I had read the notes above, I was watching for a spot where Sal or Jerry tell Guido that J's legit hurt. I am guessing Sal tells Guido off-camera as Jerry's climbing back into the ring.

Angry crowd is angry.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-14-ECW-Danbury, CT] Jerry Lynn vs Little Guido