Pro Wrestling Only

La Gran Guerra II (12/13/87)

El Boricua

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A step down from the last one, but more of the same. This time Muhammad is out and he's replaced by the Iron Sheik, but otherwise the teams are unchanged. Chicky was probably my favourite again. Him and Invader go after each other right away and then spend large parts of the match punting each other in the balls. Even when Chicky ends up handcuffed Invader will still wander over from time to time to low blow him. I'm not sure this is the best setting for Abby. I've loved him on this set, but I think in a match like this, where there's so much going on and it could be easy for a guy to rest on his laurels, he was mostly content to stand by the ropes and chop people in the throat or be punched in the head until his scar tissue opened up. There was plenty of stabbing in this as well and it wasn't even him doing it (it was Sheik, and it was some nasty stabbing). Dutch was pretty low key in both these matches. He threw some killer punches, but it felt like he spent most of the time handcuffed and out the way.

• 4 weeks later...

This one seems more abrupt than the first one and I was shocked they went through with a heel victory. It's just bizarre to see the heels going to town on the good guys in front of a dejected crowd. The teams are almost identical to the previous incarnation and the eliminations aren't really much different either. This was another fun multi-man brawl but didn't have that wide open visceral satisfaction and hoopla of the first match.