Pro Wrestling Only

Miguel Perez Jr. & Huracane Castillo Jr. vs. Super Black Ninja & El Profe (6/4/88)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...

Fun schtick to start with the heels refusing to participate and bailing out whenever possible. Muta ends up getting isolated first and we get some fun babyface shine stuff. El Profe is tremendous working the apron doing the most Fuerza Guerrera style spots possible. Profe is just awesome working the apron as a heel while the babyfaces take turns side headlocking Muta in the ring. Babyfaces are just taking Muta to task as they go into the commercial break. Heels take over when Profe gets in a big punch from apron on Castillo. Profe struts around and antagonizes the fans and Perez as Muta chokes Castilllo in the corner. I can’t put over enough how great Profe is in this. He’s Jim Cornette and Dennis Condrey to Muta’s poor man’s Eaton. Muta does the single worst backslide attempt in wrestling history that kinda has to be seen to be believed. Other than that, I had a blast watching this. It is your total standard southern tag and fucking awesome. The opening babyface section, the heel section and the hot tag/work to finish are all really good. El Profe is amazing. GREAT finish with a huge pop from the crowd. WOW I did not expect this to be this good. I’m delighted.

• 1 year later...

El Profe is a manager right? So in PR, your managers (Chicky Starr, el Profe) are some of the more gifted heels in terms of mannerisms and how well they both stooge and work a face in peril. They both just get it. It's hard not to smile watching them go from full on can't get anything over on the babyface mode to antagonizing the poor bastard on the apron and using the ref as a third team member. I loved Profe dragging the ref to where if Perez had finished his move, the ref would have taken the shot instead of Profe. Perez is pretty awesome as a house afire here.