Pro Wrestling Only

Bronco Boricua (7/30/88)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...

According to El Boricua, this is a “Come as You Are Battle Royal” where you’re allowed to bring one weapon with you. Some of the weapons are completely ridiculous. Like 10 foot sections of PVC pipe ridiculous. The ring is really overly cluttered at the beginning of this with everyone beating on each other. Lots of blood as you’d expect. Halfway through and I’m really just kinda waiting for this to end. I always think I like Battle Royal’s and then end up not liking them. I really wish this was just an everything goes gladiator free for all where were eliminated by pinfall so they could brawl outside the ring. There’s a lot of wasted space in this building with 20 guys in the ring and the awesome floor is right there just waiting to be bled upon. Chicky Starr gets into a belt whipping contest with Victor Jovica on the floor and it’s the highlight of the match. DANDY DAN KROFFAT! Just has to be said again. Eliminations come fast and furious. Rufus R Jones is left to take on Ron Starr & Buddy Landell by himself. Crowd is really into Rufus and they go fucking bonkers when he manages to eliminate both heels. I didn’t really like this overall but the closing moments were fun. Once Chicky started brawling on the floor after he was eliminated through the finish this was fun. But before that it was too cluttered.

• 1 year later...