Pro Wrestling Only

Carlos Colon and TNT vs. Chicky Starr and Hercules Ayala (August 1988)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome headscissors by Colon on Chicky. Fun stuff early with Colon getting the advantage of Chicky on rope running spots. Chicky is really good early on showing frustration and working the crowd. Ayala comes in and Colon immediately starts going for figure 4’s with Ayala desperately avoiding it. They work a few little sequences around it and its all really fun and the crowd loves it. I’m also loving the Ayala/Colon match up. They have good chemistry. Chicky tags in and TNT comes in for the first time and hits an axe handle off the 2nd a big backdrop and some great chops before tagging back out. Carlos comes back in with Chicky doing some awesome wobbly selling. AWESOME kick to the back of Chicky’s head by TNT off an Irish Whip and even awesomer selling of it by Chicky. Beatdown continues on Chicky for a while and he is just perfect selling all of the kicks and chops. Chicky is able to take over when TNT airballs a dropkick and flying body press leading to the heels working over TNT. TNT takes an awesome looking bump through the ropes on a shoulderblock. Chicky gets a sharpshooter on TNT and instead of grabbing Ayala’s hand to do a heel cheating spot, Ayala pushes down hard on Chicky’s head to give Chicky more leverage. THAT is a genius little spot. Beatdown continues and this is really the best TNT’s looked on the whole set so far. His early offense was super dynamic and it all looked really good and his selling during the face in peril section has been awesome. Crowd goes nuts for Colon’s comeback. Love the finish. This was terrific. I demand a rematch. Of all of these 7-15 minute long southern Tag tv matches, this might have been the best.

• 1 year later...

That sharpshooter spot with Ayala was so awesome. The two kicks to the back of Chicky's head were brutal, props to both on those. I also loved the finish, with Ayala bouncing a seemingly unstoppable Carlos Colon's head off of Chicky's to set up a back suplex for the win. I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere. Great structure and the crowd was absolutely nuts for the Colon hot tag. I'd agree this is easily the best TNT has looked. Even detail stuff like really grinding on a headlock was done right.