Pro Wrestling Only

The Batten Twins vs. Ron and Chicky Starr (August 1988)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...

This is yet another short southern tag but it is really fun. Early Batten Twins shine is fun but the face in peril section is awesome with the Starr’s looking phenomenal. Ron Starr brings some nasty offense including an Arn Anderson level spinebuster and a great looking bulldog. Chicky is full on piece of shit heel in this. Pulling Batten Twin Ricky Morton down by the hair when he hits the ropes. Dropping great looking knees. Setting up hope spots and cutting them off beautifully. I was all set to make another two sentence “another fun southern tag, not much to say” but the Starrs are too great in this for me to let it pass by. They are the unheralded great team of the 80s and therefore all time. Battens look good in this as well but this is ALL about the Starrs. I loved this.

• 1 year later...

Yeah this heat was so well done. The cutoffs by Chicky were especially good. I also liked a small touch that Ron Starr added. Whichever twin wasn't in the ring wandered away from the corner to complain to the ref, so Ron bangs the FIP twins head into that turnbuckle just as an added fuck you. Great stuff.