Pro Wrestling Only

Kendo Nagasaki & Mr. Pogo vs. Bart & Brad Batten (8/6/88)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow the night is dark and full of Battens apparently. You’ll see.

Anyway. Battens are the very definition of solid as they have the early advantage. I’m sort of opposed to the idea of babyface twins though. Everyone knows twins are creepy and can’t be trusted. They should be sneaky heels. That said, I think they’re really good babyfaces. This goes to commercial with the Battens in control and comes back with the heels on top. I kinda hate that trend about PR TV tag matches. Lots of really good cheating by the heels behind the refs back. Nagasaki hits a really dangerous looking piledriver where he’s spinning around and looks like he might be loosing his grip or footing so he just plants Batten Twin Ricky Morton. Crowd goes bonkers when Nagasaki accidentally hits Pogo with the kendo stick after Batten Twin Morton ducks out of the way. Finish is awesome with the finishing move itself being one of my general favorite babyface moves in wrestling. This was also fun.

• 1 year later...

Yeah that is a great finish, very lucha tecnico-y. Very fun tag match with Pogo really doing some great stooging at the start. The babyface switching (since they are twins) really confuses the ref. Not sure I like babyface illegal partner switching before the heels do anything dastardly. Pogo and Nagasaki really do well with the heat though and the tag gets the crowd all kinds of riled up. One of the reasons I like tag wrestling is there are a few really good formulas that very rarely miss when done by competent wrestlers.