Pro Wrestling Only

Chicky Starr vs. Invader III (9/10/88)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...

The angle they show before the match is awesome. I’m pretty sure I saw brain. This match was Invader III attempting to get revenge for the infamous Manny Fernandez Vodka & Pig Vomit match because Chicky was Manny’s manager. I am in love with this match. I can’t even review it. Infinity stars. Chicky Starr is better than sunshine and dandelions. I wish this could have lasted forever.

• 1 year later...

Yeah that pre-match footage was all kinds of gruesome in a way only Puerto Rico can deliver. Chicky is attacked with a wooden axe handle and bleeding at the opening bell, which is a perfect way to start this. Both Invader 3 and Chicky play their roles perfectly. Chicky is so great at putting over how much a babyface is destroying him. I also love how his comebacks pretty much come off of dirty tactics right up until the last one. The camera work of Invader 3 punching Chicky on the outside is all kinds of awesome. You can see the blood smeared all over Invader 3's fist! I dug the finish, I really love how some of these finishes don't involve a finisher but make perfect sense. Invader definitely took a good shot to the back of his head and Chicky, with his one non-cheating comeback, takes advantage to get the pin and escape the wrath of Invader 3. When you think about it, Invader 3 losing due to hitting the back of his head really hard is an incredible finish in the meta for this match given the pre-match footage as well. Amazing stuff and I really love Chicky Starr. Invader 3 too, but Chicky makes this.