Pro Wrestling Only

Huracan Castillo Jr. & Ricky Santana vs. El Exotico & Dan Kroffat (March 1989)

El Boricua

• 4 weeks later...

Really fun opening stretch with the heels constantly bickering with each other as the babyfaces show them up left and right. Huracan Castillo Jr & Dan Kroffat are awesome against each other. They have some truly dynamic interactions in this. Kroffat is starting to reach his peak as a worker and you can really see it in this match. Castillo keeps up with him every step of the way which is impressive. Exotico is a ton of fun. Bringing some great comedy to the proceedings which works well with all the stiff workratey stuff Kroffat does. Finish is spectacular. There are a ton of these short TV tags all over the set but they are all a lot of fun.

• 1 year later...

I'm glad we kept the subtext out of the English commentary. I'll second Kroffat and Castillo really putting together some nice sequences. I liked how Exotico kept some of the comedy stuff going during the heat with no detriment to the match. Finish was really good and showed how good everyone involved is at this point.