Pro Wrestling Only

Ricky Santana vs. Eric Embry (3/25/89)

El Boricua

• 4 weeks later...

Yay! Eric Embry is back! FINALLY! Stalling to start before Embry ends up going over the top rope after airballing a punch. Oh eric Embry. He’s back in the ring band takes over landing some punches and slamming Santana into the turnbuckles. Embry’s a lot bigger in 1989 than he was when he first came to PR, but he still looks really good bumping around for Santana and getting up and down for all of his roll ups stuff. Embry is also such a great heel with fans throwing drinks at him the second he’s within throwing distance. And Embry is so fucking smart using the fan throwing shit into the ring against them by demanding the ref kick some garbage out of the ring and as soon as he does Embry lowblows Santans causing the crowd to throw more shit. Embry’s offense is a great blend of despicable heel shit like that or raking the eyes mixed with really hard hitting stuff like lariats or posting Santana. Embry hits a beautiful 2nd rope lariat. When it comes time for Santana’s comeback, Embry is terrific stumbling around with a dazed look in his eye and begging off after kickouts. Santana is just going to destroy his knees on that top rope splash attempt one of these days. Quick finish. This was yet another short but fun TV match. Embry was amazing. I politely request an Eric Embry set.

• 1 year later...

I liked that the fans had shit loaded up to throw at Embry as soon as he was out of the ring as well. Santana crashed and burned that splash in a really hurty looking way. Looks great and all but think about your career, man. Going in I expected a really good match because Santana is a good babyface and Embry is a great heel. And I got exactly what I expected. Definitely recommend it to fans of either.