Pro Wrestling Only

Carlos Colon vs. Abuddadein (April 1989)

El Boricua

• 4 weeks later...

Total slugfest to start with Abuddadein dominating with punches, chops and a clothesline in the corner. They brawl to the floor and that’s Colon’s territory as he takes over. Crowd is super hot as usual so Colon and Abuddadein just running around brawling is awesome and super compelling. Especially the big bodyslam spot because of where that takes place. Abbudadein is busted open early. Back in the ring and Abuddadein takes over and it’s a nice back breaker and a shitty kick. He even plants Carlos with a ddt before pulling out a foreign object and nailing Carlos with it several times to get control. Abuddadein is just killing Colon with every move in the book. Swinging neck breaker, side suplex etc. He goes for the Vader bomb but Colon gets out of the way and makes his usual Carlos comeback which the fans are still going nuts for all these years later. This is ANOTHER surprisingly good Colon match. Jeez. At some point I’ll stop being surprised.

• 1 year later...

Abuddadein seems like a pretty good offensive wrestler as far as variety, but his strike don't look great and I'm not sold on him working from underneath. Then again, Colon gives him a lot of the middle of the match so he doesn't have to. The more I see of Colon against these limited guys the more I think he's really good at working around their flaws and showcasing their strengths.