Pro Wrestling Only

Chicky Starr vs. Eric Embry (July 1989)

El Boricua

• 4 weeks later...

This starts JIP with Embry in control. Embry is all over Chicky with great punches. Embry takes Chicky’s fucking head off with a lariat and Chicky is fantastic selling it. The crowd is firmly behind Embry. And he is obviously loving it. Both guys are trying to out over the top sell each other and it’s a fucking blast. I’m not sure if I’m emphasized this enough, but Chicky throws an INCREDIBLE punch. He really should have led a Puerto Rican army into to take Memphis away from Lawler. He is just AMAZING going from begging for his life to strutting around like he’s the king within 5 seconds. Embry drops the strap as Chicky begs off giving us a little taste of what Lawler/Chicky would be like. Embry is al over Chicky with punches before planting him with a ddt. Embry makes a big deal about poking Chicky in the eye which is awesome but Chicky manages to win in the most Chicky way ever. I really enjoyed this. It needed 5 more minutes at least.

• 1 year later...

If you like great worked punches, this match is for you. Chicky has been alright with the punches so far on the set, but this match is just so above and beyond anything I've seen yet. And Embry, well, he's always been good with the punches that I've seen. I loved how committed Chicky was to the handshake here. I'll agree with Elliot that the finish was so very Chicky Starr. Please tell me these two feuded into 1991 and it is on youtube. I can see myself binge watching a bunch of 1990s Chicky Starr on youtube regardless of the opponent anyway.