Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-15-ARSION] Aja Kong & Mariko Yoshida vs Rie Tamada & Hiromi Yagi

soup23

I wasn’t crazy about the cosplaying of the GAEA stuff with constant interference but the actual moves here were really good and Aja was vicious throughout. Mariko and Aja have some miscommunication but they are able to ride the ship and pick up the win with Aja’s spinning back fist which is becoming a brutal move. We got less than half of this so I am not going to rank this one but it was a mix of good moves with a frustrating structure. NR

• 3 weeks later...

Rie Tamada heeled herself with me right away by not letting Yoshida work a Yoshida match. Even Aja Kong lets Yoshida work a Yoshida match, so step off. I hate the casual nature of run-ins in Joshi so much. This match is hitting my pressure points. The action is good at times, but it isn't a match that really plays to the strengths of those involved. Yoshida doesn't get to school anyone on the mat and neither does Yagi for that part, and Kong doesn't even look particularly menacing. Based on the clips, the match is just kinda there.

• 3 weeks later...

For a match with Yoshida and Yagi on opposing sides, this was pretty disappointing. Part of that was the clipping, as the opening of the match was completely chopped up. Second, this was built around Tamada and Yagi as heels, with their second GAMI interfering very liberally, including hitting fucking double stomps and top rope frankensteiners right in front of the referee. Yagi didn't match up very well with Aja either. I guess story wise this was interesting because Kong and Yoshida had previously gone against Hamada and AKINO in a high end wrestling contest and now faced a bunch of cheating witches, but in execution this did very little for me.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, this looks like a match that had a lot of good stuff that is either destroyed by the clipping or killed in its tracks by the goddamn interfering. Kong entering after a long wait and not even getting the chance to lay the hurt on the cheaters opposite kind of sums the disappointing nature of it up but GAMI coming in and hitting moves in front of the ref like it was a Prince Devitt Bullet Club IC title match is the kind of thing that completely loses me.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-15-ARSION] Aja Kong & Mariko Yoshida vs Rie Tamada & Hiromi Yagi