Pro Wrestling Only

WWF On Tour March 1985

LowBlowPodcast

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza defeated Bob Scott

Blackjack Mulligan: I have had just about enough of Ron Bass and his good for nothing friend Jack Lanza. Lanza, you and I have been up and down the road together for a long time partner… but Ron Bass… son… you are doing for the whooping of a lifetime and I am going to give it to you!

Tito Santana defeated Tony Zane

Jimmy Hart: Baby what a great time it is to be part of the Hart Foundation! Tito Santana, I have got Brutus Beefcake all lined up for his big showdown with you in just a couple of weeks and those flowing lock on yours are going to be cut down to size. HAHAHA!

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Rick McGraw & Tony Garea

-A great showcase for the Harts who continue to show why they are the tops. Gorilla and Bobby put over how they will be challenging the British Bulldogs in due time for the titles and we could be in for new champs!

EVENT CENTER

WRESTLEMANIA

Live on March 31st from Madison Square Garden!

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © vs Roddy Piper

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth vs Jake Roberts

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams

Jake Roberts defeated Brady Boone

Randy Savage: Ohhh yeaaahhhh…. Jake Roberts the match is set and it is going to be me and you… yeah… now I know it is about the title but brother I don’t think I can contain myself. In front of 20,000 fans screaming for the Macho Man and millions around the world they will know that Randy Savage is the man who put Jake Roberts down and defending the honor the lovely Elizabeth!!! YEAH!

MAIN EVENT

The Youngbloods vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams

-Gino and Adams really get some great heat from the crowd and work well enough together. Gorilla and Bobby talk about how these two are primed for a tag team title shot and with those Mexican titles Heenan says once they beat the Bulldogs, they may be the best in the world. We see a slick Suplex/Cross Body combo as Adams hoists up Mark Youngblood while Gino leaps from the top rope with the cross body for the 3 count. These two look as good as can be but will it be enough for the titles in a couple of weeks?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Live

March 2, 1985

Boston, MA – The Boston Garden

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

Tito Santana & The British Bulldogs defeated Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation

Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage defeated King Kong Bundy & Jake Roberts w/ Bobby Heenan

Andre the Giant defeated Roddy Piper

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated Tony Atlas & Dino Bravo

Nice card in the Boston Garden. Your main event on your TV show reminded me of the old WWF TV shows where they gave that one match where you hoped the mid-card babyface team would beat the Top heels aka every now and then SD Jones would pull that upset. You do a wonderful job of representing WWF 1985!

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Jeff Gaylord

Jake Roberts: Yeah Savage the match was signed… WrestleMania… biggest event in history man and look at me… one of the top matches with the Macho Man. Well Macho Man… I have been looking and I have been searching… and brother I have found the apple of my eye. You see all the way back in the time of Adam and Eve…. Even the serpent could tempt man… well this serpent has got his eye on something and I will get it any way I can…

“King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan defeated SD Jones

Andre Giant: How can there be a King if you have not defeated the Giant? Harley Race… Bobby Heenan… I am coming to storm your castle!

PIPER’S PIT

-We get an interesting segment here as Roddy Piper hosts Piper’s pit… but his guest is Hulk Hogan! Piper is being on his “best” behavior with Hogan talking about how it is going to be a fair and competitive contest. He looks forward the best man winning and no matter what, he says that he will agree win or lose. He says he has always looked up to Hogan… not just cuz he’s taller but because of all his generosity. He then has a huge gift box brought out and says this is Hogan’s birthday gift. Hogan exclaims that it isn’t his birthday and he isn’t falling for any tricks brother. Piper retorts that the gift isn’t a birthday gift, but just a gift because of how much he thinks of Hogan and he wants him to have it. He had it shipped from far away… Hogan then goes over to the gift box and begins to unwrap it while working the crowd and all of a sudden KAMALA JUMPS OUT OF THE BOX AND ATTACKS HOGAN! The crowd is going ape-shit here as the Ugandan Giant is destroying the Hulkster here. He is choking away at him as Piper is screaming at Hogan and punching at him. We have agents and officials run out and break this up as Hogan is in a very serious way…

hqdefault.jpg

Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake defeated Barry Horowitz & Pez Whatley

Tito Santana: Lemme tell you something right now Jimmy Hart and Brutus Beefcake… I am going to bring everything I have got when I meet Brutus in that hair vs hair match. I have got a lot of problems with the Hart Foundation and one by one I will cut my way through. Greg Valentine, don’t think I forgot about you brother… I have got something special lined up for you and when it is all said and done it is you who will be looking up the lights!

MAIN EVENT

David Sammartino vs Larry Z

­-Kind of a blah main event here with Larry Z vs David. The match has got some heat but really doesn’t deliver well live. Jesse and Vince do well enough putting this over but it is just missing something… we see Larry Z get a victory holding the tights and then he tries to put the boots to David before Bruno comes out. It has some pomp but there is just no circumstance here and the match suffers as does the angle as whole…

WWF Live

March 3, 1985

Miami, FL – Knight Center

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

Randy Savage © defeated Greg Valentine via DQ

Harley Race, Roddy Piper, & Jake Roberts defeated Andre the Giant, Tony Atlas, & Dino Bravo

Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © went to a 20-minute draw with the Hart Foundation

WWF On Tour

Long Island, NY – Nassau Coliseum

Troy, NY - RPI Fieldhouse

Erie, PA - Civic Center

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © vs Kamala went to a no contest with interference from Roddy Piper

Andre the Giant & Strong Machine defeated The Faces of Fear & Bobby Heenan

-Super Machine did the switcheroo with Strong during the contest!

“King” Harley Race defeated Tony Atlas

Dino Bravo defeated Larry Z

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass via DQ

The Killer Bees defeated Los Conquistadors

WWF on Tour

Scranton, PA – CYC

Johnstown, PA - Cambria County War Memorial

Concord, NH - Douglas Everitt Center

Randy Savage © defeated Greg Valentine via DQ

Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake

The Hart Foundation defeated The Fantastics via count out

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © defeated the Russians via DQ

Jake Roberts defeated David Sammartino

OK, so a lot of catching up. LOVE that you made Harley the first in this era's King of the Ring.

Your roster is just ridiculous. I think we all have great rosters, and do so much with what we have, but this just has that mid 80's WWF feel. I really love reading it, the house shows, the TV and the specials are all really, really well done.

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hershypark Arena

The Russians defeated Ken Raper & Tony Falk

-Good showcase for Ivan and Nikita. Nikita is coming into his own and doing some decent work in the ring along with ripping people’s heads off.

Dino Bravo defeated Tony Zane

-A nice showcase for Dino Bravo who continues to build himself up here in the WWF. Heenan and Gorilla put over how he and Tony Atlas have been talking about putting a team together… could be something to look at down the line.

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated Pez Whatley & Johnny Rodz

-Gino and Adams are heat magnets and do a great job getting some “Southern Heat” in the Northeastern Territory. They are using a slick suplex, high cross body combo to finish off their opponents.

The Fantastics defeated Brady Boone & Bob Bradley

-Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers, former World Tag Team Champions are back in the WWF and starting to set things on fire. They have got a lot of speed and some charisma which helps them get over with the fans. We see a double dropkick to finish things off tonight.

Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Sonny King

-An interesting contest with Heenan really putting over the fact that Brutus and Tito will be in a hair vs hair match coming up in a couple of weeks. Tonight we see Brutus put Sonny King to sleep and then he and Jimmy cut his hair. They are getting some nice heat as Brutus has got a little gimmick to go with his manager Jimmy Hart.

EVENT CENTER

WrestleMania

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Just signed for WrestleMania!

Andre the Giant vs “King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

WWF Live

Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Spectrum

$20,000 Tag Team Battle Royal

-Won by Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams, other entries included The Faces of Fear, The Killer Bees, The British Bulldogs, the Hart Foundation, The Russians, The Youngbloods, & the Fantastics!

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy & Kamala w/ Bobby Heenan

Randy Savage © defeated Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

The British Bulldogs defeated The Russians via count out

The Hart Foundation defeated The Killer Bees

The Faces of Fear defeated The Youngbloods

The Fantastics and Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams went to a 20-minute draw!

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hershypark Arena

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Barry Horowitz

Jake Roberts: Well, Jake Roberts vs Randy Savage… Intercontinental Championship on the line… I didn’t know that was my prize for beating you… it most certainly isn’t what is on my mind… but what exactly is on my mind. Randy Savage you are going to find out what is on my mind soon enough… and well… it has nothing to do with gold.

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Terry Daniels & Bart Sawyer

-Good showcase for the Harts who continue to build up their resume. Jimmy has got his guys primed for a big time WrestleMania match and rumor has it that they will be looking to take on the Fantastics… but only one could hope. The Hart attack spells the end.

Kamala w/ Roddy Piper defeated Steve Simpson

-A great entry for Kamala who kills Steve Simpson… and Roddy Piper just gloats the whole time! Piper is putting over how Kamala is going to destroy Hogan and there will be nothing left when it comes to WrestleMania! The big splash is all she wrote and Kamala is the winner.

MAIN EVENT

Strong Machine vs Haku w/ Bobby Heenan

-Some fun trickery here with a great one on one stiff contest here tonight. The finish sees the Barbarian come out as Heenan is trying to get the referees attention. Haku looks to get a big crescent kick in and Strong goes outside the ring, but that’s SUPER… Super rolls him under the ring and goes in. Haku picks him up and then Super, posing as strong with the roll up and the 1…2…3!! Heenan is going nuts as the Barbarian and Haku are yelling at the referee and Heenan is screaming at the Machine when the other Machine comes from behind him and they toss Heenan out of the ring to the floor! The Machines then hit a double clothesline on Haku and Barb and the crowd goes nuts!

EVENT CENTER

WrestleMania

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Just signed for WrestleMania!

WWF Live

Houston, TX – Sam Houston Coliseum

TWO RING SET UP!

MAIN EVENT

Andre the Giant won a 2-ring battle royal

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Kamala via DQ when Roddy Piper got involved

Randy Savage © defeated Greg Valentine

TWO RING - 10-TAG TEAM - ELIMINATION MATCH

The British Bulldogs, The Fantastics, The Machines, The Killer Bees, & The Youngbloods defeated The Hart Foundation, Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams, The Russians, The Faces of Fear, & The Conquistadors

TEXAS DEATH MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

WWF on Tour

New Haven, CT – Coliseum

Hartford, CT - Civic Center

Wayne, NJ – William Paterson College

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Kamala via DQ when Roddy Piper interfered

Andre the Giant & The Machines defeated King Kong Bundy & The Faces of Fear

“King” Harley Race defeated Tony Atlas

Dino Bravo defeated Black Bart

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass

The Fantastics defeated Los Conquistadors

WWF on Tour

Manchester, NH - JFK Coliseum

South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod Coliseum

Canton, MA - Metropolis Skating Rink

Randy Savage © vs Jake Roberts went to a double DQ

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © defeated The Hart Foundation

Greg Valentine defeated Tito Santana w/ help from Jimmy Hart

Brutus Beefcake defeated SD Jones

The Russians defeated The Youngbloods

Gino & Adams defeated the Killer Bees

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from Hamburg, PA – The Fieldhouse

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated SD Jones & Pez Whatley

-Lots of heat for Gino and Adams who put it all together in the ring. They finish off Pistol Pez with the suplex/cross body combo. They are calling out the Bulldogs and what a match it will be at WrestleMania!

Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza defeated Terry Daniels

-An interesting little contest here with Bass beating up Daniels with no problem. The match turns interesting when Black Bart comes down to join Bass and they lay into Daniels something awful. Bass is calling out Mulligan.

The Fantastics defeated Los Conquistadors

-A nice effort here for the Fantastic who beat up the Conquistadors here tonight. The finish sees a nice double dropkick and it is all over but the crying as Tommy and Bobby are gaining some big time speed and momentum going into WrestleMania!

Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Pat Kelly

-Brutus Beefcake is at it once again as Bobby and Gorilla put over how he will be taking on Tito Santana next week in a hair vs hair match. He puts Pat Kelly to sleep here tonight and finishes him off with a nice little trim as Jimmy Hart just gloats and gloats.

Andre the Giant vs Haku w/ Bobby Heenan

-On rare occasion do we get to see Andre on television but here he is tonight with Haku in a fun contest. Haku is throwing some big time strikes at Andre but nothing doing. Harley Race comes out as a distraction and then here comes Bundy and the Barbarian, as the Heenan Family is ready to pounce on Andre. Andre nails the big suplex and elbow to finish off Haku but here comes the Family to attack the big man but before long, not one or two, but THREE MACHINES COME OUT! The chase off the Heenan Family and now Heenan has got 3 of them to deal with!!!

WRESTLEMANIA

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Just signed for WrestleMania

The Fantastics vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart