Pro Wrestling Only

New WWE DVD releases

Strummer

"Road Warriors - Life & Death Of The Most Dominate Team" is scheduled to be released on June 14, 2005. It will be two disks. Also, WWE will be releasing a DVD that same day looking back at 80's wrestling stars. It is called "WWE: Greatest Wrestling Stars Of The 80's" and it will be three disks.

The Wrestlemania XXI DVD will be released on May 10, 2005. It will be 3 disks. I'm bringing this up because the Hall of Fame ceremony will be included on that DVD, rather than WWE releasing a DVD just about the Hall of Fame like last year. The DVD on the 80's stars should help fill the void though.

And lastly for English wrestling fans, Silvervision.co.uk has some new Tagged Classics coming out of old WWF PPVs. They are Royal Rumbles 1993 + 1994, King of the Ring 1995 + 1996 and Survivor Series 1989 + 1990. Unfortunately, they are only available to people living in the UK as Silvervision doesn't ship overseas. WWE has never revealed the reason as to why they don't release these DVDs in the USA.

Damnit, no separate HOF DVD! I was dying to see the extras. UGH I'm definitely getting the 80s WWF stars DVD as I'm a huge mark for that time period. I might get the Road Warriors one, although I was never a huge LOD fan or anything. Still pissed over no HOF DVD

Could they pick a worst name for the LOD DVD? Oh well, not like Vince is known for his tact. As long as it has AWA, NWA, and Georgia footage this should rock all sorts of ass.

The Greatest of the 80s set sounds odd, the title sounds like an old Coliseum best of tape but a 3 DVD set is bound to have some gems on it.

I'm not really bummed out over no HOF DVD, considering who was inducted. I mean most of the good matches amongst the people involved were on the Hulk Rules DVD anyway.

Guest Bruiser Chong

The HOF DVD last year wasn't much to write home about, so I don't mind the change. Basically you'll get the WM show and this for $20, as opposed to spending $20 on the WM DVD and another $20 on the HOF DVD.

The LOD DVD should be cool and will probably sell well, and I'm guessing they'll bring Animal back to promote it. That shouldn't be hard with his brother heading up Talent Relations.

The reason those DVDs probably aren't released in the USA is that I believe Vince can still market the WWF initials outside of the United States.

The LOD DVD should be cool and will probably sell well, and I'm guessing they'll bring Animal back to promote it. That shouldn't be hard with his brother heading up Talent Relations.

The reason those DVDs probably aren't released in the USA is that I believe Vince can still market the WWF initials outside of the United States.

That's correct (regarding your last point). I'm not sure of the exact details, but it's legal for them to use the WWF initials in the UK. I was talking with Adam Ryland (my old EWR boss and current TEW boss) about that as he owns a few of those discs, and he said any mention of "WWF" by wrestlers, announcers, etc. is not censored out. Compare that with the Andre The Giant DVD, where Lord Alfred Hayes says, "WW_".

Regarding the 80s disc, I should say that I'll get it if, of course, the stuff looks good. I'd really like it if it weren't some Coliseum Videos thrown together. The one thing I hated about the Andre disc was how it was a DVD copy of the original tape. I realize it was cheap, and sold for cheap, but still. With the material they have, the ability for them to produce some amazing comps is endless, as we've already seen. Their production values for TV and to a good extent, PPV, may be behind the times, but their DVD production is top-notch. They shouldn't waste too much of their time making copies of old stuff.

Guest Some Guy

I'll get them all. I have every WM on tape or DVD and want to keep up the collection and I'm a mark for old wrestling footage. I love the Hall of Fame DVD and Hulk Still Rules because of all the footage. I hope at some point they do a Best of WCW 3 disc set.

I think the reason for no Hall Of Fame DVD this year is a lack of sales last year. From what I remember, it was nowhere near as good a seller as others.

I doubt they'll do a Best Of WCW DVD. That would require Vince to put them over in some way, and unlike ECW, he's viewed WCW as competition, and it's that reason why he'll never give them the benefit of the doubt, let alone a multi-disk set.

I loved the HOF DVD last year, but I guess they didn't sell many copies. I can see why last years didn't sell because it didn't feature any real big stars (Graham and Heenan were probably the biggest names), but this year they could probably sell more with Hogan and Piper involved.

I wish Orndorff could have been inducted in a year where he'd stand out more. Last year might have been nice. He played a key role in one of the two or three biggest feuds of Hogan's career that drew huge money and that they were able to run around the loop God knows how many times.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Extras for the Road Warriors set will include:

NWA Georgia Championship Wrestling (11/06/83) vs. Joe Young & Randy Barber

NWA Georgia Championship Wrestling (07/08/83} vs. Arn Anderson & Paul Jones

NWA World Championship Wrestling Omni (28/08/83) Texas Tornado Match vs. The Brisco Brothers

Commentary by: Jim Ross & Animal

NWA Georgia Championship Wrestling (03/01/83) vs. Mike Jackson & Stone

AWA All Star Wrestling (25/08/84) AWA World Tag Title Championship vs. Baron von Raschke & The Crusher

Alternate Commentary by: Jim Ross & Animal

NWA Georgia Championship Wrestling (27/08/83)

AWA All Star Wrestling (28/07/84)

AWA ESPN Championship Wrestling (15/10/85)

NWA World Championship Wrestling (03/10/87)

NWA World Championship Wrestling (10/10/87)

NWA World Championship Wrestling (28/01/89)

WCW Wrestle War (25/02/90)

Brutus the Barber Beefcake's BarberShop Wrestling Challenge (28/09/91)

Royal Rumble (21/01/92)

In Your House: Degeneration X (07/12/97)

Hawk Tribute Part 1 Confidential (08/11/03)

Hawk Tribute Part 2 Confidential (08/11/03)

Trophy Room

Paul Ellering "Go For It"

Michaels Hayes "A Lesson in Striving for Success"

Road Warriors Music Video

AWA All Star Wrestling (21/08/85) vs. Larry 'the Axe' & Curt Hennig

Superclash (28/09/85) AWA World Tag Team Title Match vs. The Fabulous Freebirds

Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Tag Team Tournament Cup (19/04/86) vs. Magnum TA & Ronnie Garvin

Commentary by: Jim Ross & Animal

Great American Bash (05/07/86) Russian Chain Match vs. Ivan & Nikita Kolaff

Starrcade (27/11/86) Scaffold Match vs. Midnight Express

Starrcade (29/11/87) NWA Tag Team Championship vs. Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson

New Orleans (29/10/88) NWA World Tag Team Championship vs. Midnight Express

Challenge (09/02/91) vs. Demolition

Wrestlefest (12/03/91) vs. Hart Foundation

Tokyo Egg Dome (30/03/91) vs. Hulk Hogan & Genichiro Tenryu

Japanese Commentary, Alternate Commentary by: Jim Ross & Animal

Summerslam (26/08/91) WWE Tag Team Championship vs. Nasty Bays

Summerslam (29/08/92) vs. Money Inc.

Superbrawl (02/11/96) WCW Tag Team Championship Match vs. Sting & Lex Luger

Raw (13/10/97) WWE Tag Team Championship vs. The Godwinns

Must own, IMO. I didn't follow their AWA or NWA careers at all, but it looks like there's a great representation of their time in both promotions in this set. Tons of stuff I've not yet seen, so I'm all over this.

Guest Some Guy

I can't beleive how much non-WWE stuff they put in. I think that with the success of Flair's and the ECW DVD that they are learning that people want a true representation of things. Unlike the nWo DVD where they spent have of it glossing over 4+ years of the angle and the other half wasting time talking about 2 months of their illfated WWF run.

Hopefully these will do well and we'll get more classic footage. They could make a ton of money if they released two disc sets on WCW year by year (Best of WCW 1989, 90, 91, etc...) and AWA, I know Vince saw them as comptetition but the money he could make should allow him to swallow his pride.

They have such and incredible tape library (WWF, WCW, JCP, SMW, ECW and I'm sure they're working on getting World Class and UWF) and access to Japanese footage that they could make the definative "Legend's Series" sets on so many guys. Bret, Savage, Piper, Horsemen, Dusty, Hennig, Rude, Sting, Luger, Andre, Goldberg, Vader, Owen, Davey Boy, Steamboat, Jericho, the list goes on and on. They still haven't scratched the surface.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Posted Image

I hope this isn't the final cover art; not very impressive looking. I would've gone for an older picture of the duo, too.

Guest Some Guy

That's pretty much what I would expect them to use. It's one of their publicity photos from their first WWF run. With all the non-WWF footage on the disc they probably feel they have to use at least a WWF picture on the cover.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I thought I had responded to the initial post in this thread but looking back it seems I didn't. So when I saw this cover I was going to post, "I could care less what's on the cover as long as what's ON the DVDs is good." It seems I missed Bruiser's post from yesterday morning listing the extras, too.

Goddamn.

I haven't wanted a DVD this badly since the Rise + Fall of ECW, the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection, Benoit, Guerrero, Foley (Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops AND Greatest Hits & Misses), HBK's "From the Vault", Hulk STILL Rules, Confidential and Bloodbath ones. This is going to make a nice addition to my wrestling DVD library.

Honestly, they should just release a three-disc "World's Greatest Tag Teams" set so we can get some Steiners, Bulldogs, Brainbusters, Hart Foundation, etc. all in one kick-ass package.

Guest Bruiser Chong

That's pretty much what I would expect them to use. It's one of their publicity photos from their first WWF run.  With all the non-WWF footage on the disc they probably feel they have to use at least a WWF picture on the cover.

That's from their second WWF run, for sure.

Honestly, they should just release a three-disc "World's Greatest Tag Teams" set so we can get some Steiners, Bulldogs, Brainbusters, Hart Foundation, etc. all in one kick-ass package.

Agreed. Getting individual releases on any of thees teams is a pipedream, so might as well take the best of the best and jam it into one fantastic DVD set you'd hurt family members to get to.

Posted Image

I hope this isn't the final cover art; not very impressive looking.  I would've gone for an older picture of the duo, too.

Silvervision's generally always accurate with the DVD covers. Odds are that's the one. I don't find it that bad. I think a black background would've been better though.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Funny thing about that is, since my first exposure to them was in the WWF, I had a hell of a time thinking of them as the Road Warriors in any other situation.