Pro Wrestling Only

Recent WWE Ratings Rise

Strummer

Okay, RAW did another 4.5 rating this week. I think we can say that a trend is starting and something is causing this new ratings increase. Meltzer theorized the increase was due to Ric Flair being in Main Events but last week he was only in one 30 second backstage vignette and this week he had a 10 minute match with Hunter around the 10:00 hour and both shows still did a 4.5. My guess would be new blood on top with Edge and giving Cena's character a slight tweak with a meaner, no nonsense streak. Any ideas?

Guest teke184

Okay, RAW did another 4.5 rating this week. I think we can say that a trend is starting and something is causing this new ratings increase. Meltzer theorized the increase was due to Ric Flair being in Main Events but last week he was only in one 30 second backstage vignette and this week he had a 10 minute match with Hunter around the 10:00 hour and both shows still did a 4.5. My guess would be new blood on top with Edge and giving Cena's character a slight tweak with a meaner, no nonsense streak. Any ideas?

Traditional rise in ratings as part of the Road To Wrestlemania perhaps?

Even the most casual fans know that the first quarter of the year is when the biggest storylines typically are in full swing.

that's true but why didn't the ratings rise to this level the past 3 years? 2004 and 2005 had great build up for the main event Mania programs, and this year there has hardly been any build for the show at all and yet ratings are at a 4 year high. I think it has to be something else.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Don't know if it's making a huge difference or not, but I believe TiVo recordings are now being factored into television ratings.

I'd say that. Loads of people can now fast-forward through all the crap.

As much as I hate to say it, the product is far more interesting right now with Vince settling vendettas and booking on the brink of insanity than it was in, say, 2003, when he was just coasting along. The problem is that this will come crashing down in a bad way eventually.

I believe WWE is God's promotion, because if the marketplace were the same now that it was even five years ago (no international PPV buyrates, less international touring, weak DVD market, etc), they'd be running a money-losing operation. New technology, and their willingness to use it to their advantage, has kept them in the black now for a couple of years. Just yesterday, it was announced that whenever WWE commercials are aired for PPVs or house shows, you can press a button on your remote and order immediately. Things like that only help them.

Just yesterday, it was announced that whenever WWE commercials are aired for PPVs or house shows, you can press a button on your remote and order immediately. Things like that only help them.

The technology isn't ready yet. But, yeah, when it is up and running it will be a great help to WWE.

Guest Local Jobber R

Even the most casual fans know that the first quarter of the year is when the biggest storylines typically are in full swing.

Feb = sweeps month there will always be something worth watching. Also Edge & Lita = the nuuuuuuuu Randy Savage & Liz.

Feb = sweeps month there will always be something worth watching. Also Edge & Lita = the nuuuuuuuu Randy Savage & Liz.
That's wrong on so many levels....