Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-21-Onita Pro] Atsushi Onita & Dick Togo & Fake Onita & Shigeo Okumura & Mitsunobu Kikuzawa vs Kendo Nagasaki & Shoji Nakamaki & Ichiro Yaguchi & Yase Yaguchi & Ai Ba Bin (Barbed Wire Street Fight Tornado Death)

soup23

This big ol brawl was my favorite of the Onita Pro stuff this year. Onita was mostly front and center for his team but Togo also had many highlights and added a good bit to the proceedings. I saw the huge file length and thought this was going to be a long brawl and was shocked when it finished up in just over 13 minutes of action even if it did feel like a fully formed match. Afterwards, Zandig and Wifebeater make a surprise appearance and challenge Onita and friends to a CZW vs USA series including T-Shirts. Afterwards, we get a long goodbye with Onita going around, saying adieu to everyone, and spitting water in faces. Then we get a long backstage segment where I ate lunch, did some actual work, and checked twitter while Onita led everyone around intensely. This ends with a callout from Choshu. ***1/2

• 4 months later...

Yaguchi has his own fake wrestler. That's awesome. Typical Onita style brawl that's chaotic but has too many people in it. Togo doing a pele kick in a barbed wire match is impressive. After the match, Zandig and Wifebeater show up with a weedwhacker to challenge Onita and beat up fake onita and everyone else. Crazy scene with tons of photogs in the ring, Zandig with a weedwhacker chasing people and Onita crying. After the heels leave, Onita does his great crying promo and is treated like he's the pope. Just a great scene

• 2 months later...

This was as wild and crazy as you'd expect it to be by now. As I expressed in one of the other matches, all of these Onita Pro main events are very similar in the sense that they're all wild brawls with everyone all over the place at the same time with the focus obviously being on Onita. Kendo wearing a kang-esque entrance mask throughout this matches is still odd/funny. Even with the focus being on Onita, there's so much going on that its hard to focus on one thing. The post match fiasco with the heel CZW invaders and the Onita promo are a lot longer than the match itself. I don't recall this invasion ever leading to anything so it seems kinda pointless in hindsight. Again, if you like the Onita Pro brawls, then you'll dig this one.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-05-21-Onita Pro] Atsushi Onita & Dick Togo & Fake Onita & Shigeo Okumura & Mitsunobu Kikuzawa vs Kendo Nagasaki & Shoji Nakamaki & Ichiro Yaguchi & Yase Yaguchi & Ai Ba Bin (Barbed Wire Street Fight Tornado Death)