Pro Wrestling Only

Chris Kanyon: "I was fired for being gay"

Guest savagerulz

Guest savagerulz

At this time Chris Kanyon requested a few minutes to speak to the crowd. In an emotional delivery, Chris Kanyon said that he believes that the reason he was fired from WWE was not because of cutbacks, not because they didn't have a storyline for him, or anyother reason you might have heard. Following some very nasty words for WWE and Vince McMahon, Kanyon revealed to the crowd that he believes that he was fired because the higher ups in WWE found out that he is GAY. Kanyon then said he was tired of living in the closet and announced to the awestruck crowd that he was in fact a homosexual. He said he couldn't live another day living the lie. He then pronounced himself as the first openly gay professional wrestler in the industry. He then went on to say that he chose to be the real Chris Kanyon, and the fans had to chose whether they wanted to boo him or cheer him. Either way it was their choice and life is about choices. He was finally happy that he made his. Tonight would be the first time that Chris Kanyon wrestled with the weight off his shoulders.

While I would never just say outright that Kanyon is right or wrong about his assertion that he was fired for being gay, I want to say that it certainly is possible.

There has always been a strange thing about being gay in wrestling. On one hand, pro wrestling has always been one of the few athletic endeavors were being gay was possible without total shunning or physical violence. But there's another part of wrestling that says, "You can be gay, but keep it to yourself."

Patterson is the most cited example of being gay and having it be okay. On the contrary, Patterson went through great pains to keep his life private and was mortified when things started coming out around the time of the steroid trial. While his sexual leanings weren't exactly hidden, he had "done enough" to warrant inclusion in pro wrestling -- i.e. keep it to himself. (I understand that there are a ton of rumors about Patterson forcing himself, the Virgil story, etc. But again, these were done on the down low, and furthermore happened at a time when things in general in the WWF were much freer...open affairs, drugs, etc.) Patterson was, in effect, "outed" and thus never punished for being gay.

This notion that because Patterson is gay that makes being gay okay is foolish. If you've ever been in a wrestling locker room...it's a pit of anger and hate. That's one of the things I like about wrestling. But being outwardly gay in wrestling? Forget about it. Not in the bigs. In the small leagues, I knew of one guy who wrestled occasionally for Wildside that was gay, but he went through great pains to tell people on a one-on-one basis, and even then felt pressure to stop wrestling at shows in Georgia. Of course, wrestling didn't pay the bills, so he was okay.

Kanyon was/is universally liked and respected in the biz. His release wasn't the equivalent of letting, say, Charlie Haas go. There are only two clear reasons why Kanyon would have been let go and they are:

1. Injuries

2. Being gay

I don't know what happened with Kanyon as far as why he thinks he was fired for being gay. There may well be a number of incidents that lead him to this conclusion that we are not privy to.

I do know this. He's always had what was considered a great attitude in spite of being part of some of the worst shit ever (end of WCW and the Invasion burial). But everyone respects the man. Internet fans on up. He's on that list of "can do no wrong" that I have. I've met people that either were trained by him first, or went to him after being trained by someone else and everyone has said how good of a teacher he is, how much he is respected, etc.

Anyway. Again, to answer anyone who thinks that "being gay" would never lead to a firing from the WWE...watch what happens when news of Kanyon being "out" spreads.

I don't know if Connecticut law protects gays from workplace discrimination or not, but there could be a lawsuit if that's really why he was fired. I have to question why it took him so long to come forward with this information, though. I also think that him being fired was more of a case of a wrestling promotion having no vision and not knowing what to do with him than anything. That's intuition more than any proof I have of that, though, and it wouldn't surprise me if the opposite was true, considering how much WWE tends to pry in the personal lives of its talent.

Guest bravesfan

Well, they did pay her for the 90-day no compete, and this was when she was still mobile and not showing any signs of pregnancy (released in July, gave birth in December equals fourth month). I don't think it was anyone's intent to leave her out to dry, but they sure did anyway.

As for Kanyon, I'd think being injured for two consecutive years would've hurt hiscase more than his homosexuality, but you never know.

Besides, all Vince would have to do is point to Pat Patterson.

I think Kanyon's just working a gimmick here. I don't doubt he's gay if he says so, but to say he was fired over it is just silly, especially with all the rumors of what some people did to gain pushes in the WWF.

*edit*

I don't want it to seem I'm just doing what was mentioned in the original post. Pat Patterson was kept on as Vince's right hand man for years after his sexuality became common knowledge. It's hard to make the case that Vince would fire a wrestler for being gay when his top assistant was open for years (and it was known in the company long before, with the inside jokes the commentators would make in the 80s).

I'm sure being gay might be grounds for losing your job in some indies, but I really don't think it would in WWE. Kanyon really didn't give the company any reason to keep him since he was injured most of his time there. I'm sure the WWE locker room isn't the most PC place in the world, and maybe someone put 2 and 2 together and gave him shit for it, but I just don't buy that it was the reason for his dismissal.

Guest savagerulz

Besides, all Vince would have to do is point to Pat Patterson.

I think Kanyon's just working a gimmick here. I don't doubt he's gay if he says so, but to say he was fired over it is just silly, especially with all the rumors of what some people did to gain pushes in the WWF.

*edit*

I don't want it to seem I'm just doing what was mentioned in the original post. Pat Patterson was kept on as Vince's right hand man for years after his sexuality became common knowledge. It's hard to make the case that Vince would fire a wrestler for being gay when his top assistant was open for years (and it was known in the company long before, with the inside jokes the commentators would make in the 80s).

I'm sure being gay might be grounds for losing your job in some indies, but I really don't think it would in WWE.  Kanyon really didn't give the company any reason to keep him since he was injured most of his time there. I'm sure the WWE locker room isn't the most PC place in the world, and maybe someone put 2 and 2 together and gave him shit for it, but I just don't buy that it was the reason for his dismissal.

You are doing what I mentioned.

Patterson is the exception to the rule. He fell on his sword for that company...he was a part of things for years before Vince Jr. was involved.

It's like when people say "Bill Watts couldn't have been racist, he had Junkyard Dog and pushed him. He wanted Ron Simmons to be world champ." If the world was only that simple...it isn't. Watts stumbled onto gold with Dog, and in spite of his own leanings, ran with what made him money. And it did make money. A lot of it. So years later when he was in WCW? Hey, a darkie worked once to draw, let's try it again.

Does that mean that Watts didn't dislike black folk? Lots of people use that as evidence that he didn't dislike black people.

Let me put it to you this way if you want an example closer to the WWE home. Is the WWE sexist? They have female employees, after all. They have shown women in power. Sure, the women are sexed up, but so are the guys, so THAT'S fair, right? Women hold office positions...hell, Linda's held a higher rank in the company than Vince himself has! So they're golden right?

But what happens whenever a woman asks for more money or a bigger role in the show? Yeah.

You wanna argue that the WWE (or certain people within the WWE) wouldn't consider getting rid of someone they found out was gay? Because of who, Patterson? You gotta be kidding me. A company that size has a ton of people working for them...a ton of people who could have done this or that once it was found out. Did it happen? I don't know. But "I don't know" makes a hell of a lot more sense than people who are quick to defend the honor of this company and assume that they are straight (pun intended) shooters when it comes to their employees, or even their own internal standards for employees.

Does that mean that Watts didn't dislike black folk? Lots of people use that as evidence that he didn't dislike black people.

I think that fucking Dark Journey is better evidence that he didn't dislike black people, but that's me.

But what happens whenever a woman asks for more money or a bigger role in the show? Yeah.

Same thing happens to most of the men who ask for more money or a bigger role. Doesn't prove anything.

I'm sure there have been several people through the years that were known to be gay internally, if not publically. I don't think WWE would fire someone just for being gay because 99 times out of 100 I don't think the people doing the hiring and firing ever get to know someone the level of Kanyon to be able to figure out who he's fucking. I don't think Vince could pick Kanyon out of a lineup let alone know the inner workings of his social life.

Guest savagerulz

Same thing happens to most of the men who ask for more money or a bigger role. Doesn't prove anything.

Horseshit and you know it. Don't start generalizing without examples when it doesn't suit you. Allow me to clarify. Male wrestlers have held the company hostage before, from Ultimate Warrior to Hogan, to a ton of other guys that have literally walked out on the job (Stone Cold) to embarrassed the company (Goldust, JBL) to being booted in shame from other companies (Juvi) to declaring they would never work for the WWE and running the company down, then being hired (Booker T, Flair). All of them? Hired back. Often hired back at higher pay scales. Rock has engaged in public negotiations with the company and used the media to leverage himself into great deals. Think they won't ever hire him back if he was willing? Any WWE male wrestlers that stay with the company for a certain amount of time find themselves making more money. All of them (male wrestlers) generally negotiate. Many have questioned the company's practices publicly either while working there, or after wards and still got hired again.

Women wrestlers? Ask for more and maybe they'll shoot on you in the ring and take your title, in spite of helping make the league itself big time. (Richter.) Be one of their biggest crossover stars that they invested huge amounts of money -- paying off Jarrett -- and time building, but ask for money that merely puts you above what the other women are making and see what happens. (Chyna.) There is NO case where a woman in the WWE tried to get more money on her own and succeeded. The WWE certainly didn't clamor to bring back Richter like they've tried to bring back every single male star that seemingly ever wrestled for the company that didn't die. They allowed Moolah to hold the rest of the women wrestlers on the payroll hostage for decades. Could you imagine even Hogan being allowed to walk around the locker room shaking down other wrestlers for their money without something being done?

I went to a premiere of "Lipstick and Dynamite" in Atlanta. Penny Banner was there. I asked her if women nowadays had it worse, because they could simply not negotiate anymore and the humiliating on-air stuff they were having to do, or if women in her day had it worse because the conditions were so terrible in general. I expected her to simply say that women nowadays have it good. They get paid more, after all. She didn't really answer the question in front of the group, saying basically that she didn't know.

She caught up to me later and said after thinking about it that in her day, while women were held hostage by Moolah (who took a percentage of everyone's check with the tacit approval of every promoter she ever worked for because it kept the women in line) and by ruthless promoters, at least you could just not do something and quit without legal repercussion, or sometimes work a better deal for yourself if you were shrewd. Nowadays, she said, the "girls" have it tougher. The spots they do are more dangerous, and they humiliate the girls on camera and don't pay them a comparable wage, and they have no chance of really negotiating their position successfully, since they can get rid of anyone on a whim and replace them with girls that aren't even trained to do much of anything.

But then again, she's just a wrestler that's actually been in the business and has contacts within the companies that hire and fire.

I'm sure there have been several people through the years that were known to be gay internally, if not publically. I don't think WWE would fire someone just for being gay because 99 times out of 100 I don't think the people doing the hiring and firing ever get to know someone the level of Kanyon to be able to figure out who he's fucking. I don't think Vince could pick Kanyon out of a lineup let alone know the inner workings of his social life.

I can't stress this enough. You don't know anything about this. Neither, really, do I. So don't take the relatively safe assumption that people have been gay before and some know about it to "I don't think WWE would fire someone just for being gay". It's a jump you can't make.

Watts fucked a black chick. He also pistol whipped black fans that got involved in the action near to death, while just laying a solid beating on white fans. He paid his black wrestlers (with the exception of his top draw) far less than their white counterparts, and punished the black wrestlers for "indiscretions" of various kinds (and for Watts that could be, well, anything) far worse.

If that is all countered by him being willing to fuck Dark Journey, so be it. I'm sure there's a host of talent that he's dealt with that would disagree with you.

Sable had about as much of a bridge-burning exit as you can get and she got re-hired by the WWE.

Women wrestlers have less negotiation room because women's wrestling has never even come close in popularity to men's wrestling. It's not even a WWF/E thing, as the NWA had women wrestling and various women's feds have been around and it never catches on. Women wrestling is a niche in the US like midget wrestling used to be. The only time it was close was during the Rock n' Wrestling era when Wendi Richter was the most over woman the WWF has ever had, but who's to say that's not because she was paired with Cindi Lauper who was a huge pop star at the time? It sure wasn't because of her ringwork, she was the shits in the ring.

You really can't compare guys like the Rock to women wrestlers either. It's like the Pens expecting to treat Sidney Crosby and some scrub from their AHL team the same in contract negotiations. The Rock is one of the biggest draws in company history and has made more money than anyone not named Hogan or Austin. Of course WWE would roll out the red carpet if he wanted to come back. No woman wrestler would get that attention because no woman wrestler has ever made the company that much money. Sable has probably been the best women's draw in the post-80s era, and I'm willing to bet if Brock ever comes back to WWE, she might too.

As far as Kanyon goes, it's been common knowledge for a while now that Vince and his inner circle pretty much only focus on the main eventers. I don't think Vince knows or cares about the sexual orientation of anyone in the middle or undercard, hell you can make the argument he doesn't even know they exist most of the time.

Making the claim that the WWE would fire someone for being gay when most if not all of their releases are for little or no reason whatsoever seems to be a stretch. He was injured a lot and we all know WWE creative has a hard time finding something for people to do who are in the mid card or lower, and that seems a much more likely reason for dismissal than his sexual status.

I still think he's working an angle with that indy, but then again you played the "you can't judge if you aren't in the business" card, so what do I know.

Kanyon released this Warrior-esque statement the other day:

The following statement was issued to PWTorch.com from Chris "Kanyon" Klucsarits...

The following is also available on my website, www.ChrisKanyon.net and on my MySpace Blog at www.myspace.com/ChrisKanyon and http://blog.myspace.com/chriskanyon.

CHRIS KANYON IS THE FIRST EVER OPENLY GAY ACTIVE PRO ATHLETE IN THE FIVE MAJOR MALE US SPORTS OF PRO BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, WRESTLING, FOOTBALL, OR HOCKEY. Now, the question is this: Am I, Chris Klucsarits, the person behind the pro wrestling character known as Kanyon, the person who wrestles as Kanyon, am I also homosexual? Is the Kanyon character partially autobiographical, a complete mirror image of Chris Klucsarits, or a total work of fiction? Well, that’s for you to think about, wonder, guess, ignore or whatever. I am throwing it out there. It is up to you to see how you react. What your knee-jerk reaction is. What your beliefs are. And, to figure out why you feel and think and react to this news as you have and will do. Pro Wrestling, in my opinion, has become too easy. It has become mindless. I offer you the opportunity to think past good guy, bad guy, heel, face, sport, real, fake and storyline. I offer you a "character" that makes you think not about the "creative team", or the commissioner, or the owner, promoter, booker or even the wrestler. I offer you a "character" that forces you to look internally, at yourself, at your thoughts, beliefs and feelings. A character that can help you define yourself and how you think and what you believe. I offer you this: The first ever self proclaimed and titled GSBLT (Gay Straight Bisexual Lesbian Transgender) Champion of the World. Is this a joke? A scam? Reality? You decide.

I have been wrestling professionally now for 14 years. Starting in 1992, I wrestled three years part-time and than in 1995, it became my full time profession working for AOL Time Warner’s WCW (World Championship Wrestling) based out of Atlanta, Georgia, airing many, many hours per week on WTBS, TNT, and in syndication. I worked for WCW and was consistently on TV from 1995 until 2001 (including a reign as WCW tag team champ with DDP, Diamond Dallas Page). Than, in 2001, Vince McMahon and the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) bought WCW. Soon after buying WCW, I was hired by Vince McMahon and quickly became US Heavyweight Champion and again, along with DDP, a World Tag Team Champ, as we won the WWF tag team championship. Since then the WWF became the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) and I was fired from the WWE in February 2004. I have continued to wrestle on and off since than on the independent wrestling scene throughout this country and in Canada. Last Saturday, in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada,? I wrestled for an independent group named BSE (Blood Sweat and Ears), where for the first time publicly, I announced that Kanyon was actually the first ever openly gay active Pro wrestler. Other things were said in the in-ring interview, and unless you get a transcript or a video copy of the interview, I would prefer you not try and report what was said, for I do not want anything taken out of context. I have already read a good bit of misinformation on what I said. For more information on that show, please check out www.bloodsweatandears.com . For more info on my career and on me, check out my official website at WWW.ChrisKanyon.net and my MySpace page at WWW.Myspace.com/ChrisKanyon.

Now, some will say that this is no big deal. That there have been other gay characters, from Gorgeous George, to Adrian Adonis, to Adrian Street, to Lenny and Lodi, to the WWE’s "gay marriage duo" of Chuck and Billy. But there are many differences between them and I. I believe all of them, when asked out of character if they were gay or not, would say that they were straight. My answer to that question is, at this moment, what does it matter? Ultimately, you will know the truth, but the question now is less about me and more about you, how you deal with and perceive the question and possible answers. The question is less about my sexuality and more about our society and how homosexuality fits into sports, entertainment and our culture in general. This is so much bigger than me, my sexuality, and pro wrestling. This topic touches on individual beliefs, understandings and Perceptions, as well as religion, psychology and sociology. It is not often that a wrestling "character" can cover and cross that many topics and boundaries. And this is just the beginning.

One other thing I want to touch on. I know there are some guys on the independent wrestling scene who play gay characters and some who I believe also claim to be openly gay and/or bisexual. And I do not want to take anything away from them. After the interview I did in the ring in Sudbury, Ontario and the reaction I got, I realize how hard it is to be "an openly gay wrestling character." So for all the independent gay characters and those claiming to be openly gay or bisexual, I have nothing but respect for you. But, I feel if you have not made your full time living as a pro wrestler, that if you needed a "real job" or another job to pay your bills and help support yourself, that you are not truly a "Professional" wrestler. I would say you participate in Pro Wrestling as a hobby, and maybe make a few bucks at it, but that you are not really a "Professional Wrestler".. maybe an amateur Pro Wrestler. If I enter a local bowling tournament and I win the tourney and a few bucks, I am not going to run around telling everyone I am a pro bowler. But, once again, that is for each individual to determine for themselves

So what now? Well, I definitely want my career to continue, either on the independent scene, in the WWE or for the newer company, NWA TNA (Total Nonstop Action), which tapes its Television shows and airs its PPV’s live from Orlando's Universal Studios. A very smart person recently told me that a wise man never makes promises. I was told to beware of those who do make promises. With that in mind, my promise is this: I promise nothing. But ultimately, and probably more sooner than later, I will tell the truth about the sexuality of me, Chris Klucsarits, the man behind the Kanyon character. I am hoping to do so within the next month, but again, I cant make any promises, and I am determined now to just go with the flow, like a twig in the current of a mighty river. See what life brings me and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Chris "Kanyon" Klucsarits

So basically he's saying that "Chris Kanyon" is gay but "Chris Klucsarits" is of unknown sexual origin.

In other words, he's working an angle.

Nah. Kanyon publicly coming out of the closet is no more declaring himself a homosexual to the world than Matt Hardy publicly dating Ashley Massaro is declaring himself a heterosexual to the world. In fairness, if celebrities should be discouraged from coming out, so should straight celebrities who wear wedding rings in public. Exact same thing.

I still maintain this was Kanyon trying to jump-start his career by claiming to be the first openly-gay wrestler (btw, that can't possibly be true can it?) and since it's Kanyon he didn't think it through and realize that would mean that the real Chris Whateverthehellhisnameis is gay too.

• 1 month later...
Guest savagerulz

BANNED BY TNA!

On March 5, 2006, I wrestled for the World Wrestling Legends PPV taping at Hard Rock Live at the Universal Studios City Walk in Orlando Florida, where I publicly came out of the closet and announced that I was gay after a match with DDP. (This PPV airs April 29, 2006 on InDemand http://www.indemand.com/viewProduct.jsp?pr...ge_sectionId=2) Over the next week, I stayed in Orlando, a good portion of the time with my roommates Zack and Skip, until the following Monday, March 13, 2006, and headed to Vero Beach Florida to visit my Parents, Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle who were vacationing at my parents new Vero Beach home.

That Sunday, March 12, 2006, however, I was still in Orlando and I was seen at the hotel pool by a few of the TNA wrestlers who had a PPV that day. As usual, I exchanged pleasantries with the boys, but was unsure if I was going to attend the PPV. After the way TNA had treated me in the past and with them trying to, in my mind, underhandedly get the rights to market me and any of my characters for the rest of my life without ANY compensation to me, I did not feel comfortable hanging backstage. But, because I feel some of the wrestlers there are very talented, I thought about possibly attending the show with some friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade anyone to go, so I decided not to go alone.

Now, I find out that even had I found someone that wanted to go to TNA, I would have been stopped at the doors and not allowed into the arena. In fact, TNA security had printed up flyers with my face on them so all the guards at all the checkpoint would know to not let me in. Why? Why all the paranoia? What could cause this much paranoia with TNA management?

I have come to find out it was because I posted here on my MySpace page part of the contract that they wanted me to sign for a one-match, 3 minute loss to Monty Brown. I had asked them to take out the part of the contract that I didn't like, and I would have been more than happy to do the job for Monty. They told me it was a standard, legal contract that all the guys sign. Now, I ask this: if it is such a fair, legal, standard, normal contract that wouldn't make the wrestler potentially less attractive to Vince McMahon, than why have I been banned from TNA for putting part of it online? I wish some of these Internet (so-called) journalists would do some investigative reporting on why I have been banned if TNA doesn't feel like that contract makes them look bad.

Regardless of all of that, I just wish that TNA management would have been upfront and honest with me from the beginning. When I pitched the idea to Jeff Jarrett about signing with TNA and coming out of the closet with them, he seemed very excited. I pitched this to him on Jan. 31, 2006. He actually told me before that conversation that I was one of about 6 guys that he wanted to sign/use once they got more TV time, but that he didn't want to bring me in just to beat me. He seemed even more excited once I told him a few of the things we could do with the gay idea. Than, after telling me he didn't want to bring me in just to beat me, I get the call less than 1 week later on February 6, that they want me to put over Monty Brown. I thought that was a little weird after what Jeff had told me just 6 days earlier, but I figured it was no big deal?until I read that contract.

After they refused to remove the part of the contract that I did not agree with, Terry Taylor told me that they would not let me work without signing and that they would not change the contract. This was at the February 14, 2006, taping. I was cool with that and I thought they were too. I didn't think it was worth $500 to allow them to market me and any of my characters in any way, shape or form they wanted to for the rest of my life with no further compensation to me. We didn't agree on this contract, but I certainly didn't take it personal, and I assumed they wouldn't either.

I than attempted to talk to Jeff Jarrett about whether they still wanted to sign me full time and have me come out of the closet on their show. Now, in fairness to Jeff, he did tell me back on Jan. 31st after I gave him my ideas, that Universal Studios may have a problem with a legitimate gay wrestler who was out of the closet performing at their theme park. Plus, after that, on February 10, 2006, I talked with Jeremy Borash online and he told me, thru Instant Messaging, that Spike TV may not be cool with any type of homosexual content in the wrestling show, including potential homosexual-related chants from the crowd. He wrote me, and I quote:

Jeremy Borash: "Spike wont allow faggot chants... which is possible in any wrestling crowd."

Chris Kanyon: "well...all your TV is taped...we would have to bleep it."

Jeremy Borash: "I'm just forecasting the political bs we'd face...,"

Chris Kanyon: " political bs to one is great publicity to another."

Jeremy Borash: "unless its your network. I think they are anti-faggot chants, bleeped or not."

So, after these conversations, regardless of the Monty Brown match contract situation, I wanted to know if Jeff was still willing to do the gay "storyline" on TNA TV with me, but he had Terry Taylor come to me and tell me that he didn't want to talk to me about anything. Jeff didn't even want to tell me that face to face. That is why I didn't feel comfortable On March 12, 2006, going back stage. But I did not realize TNA was so upset with me as to ban me from Universal Studios.

As a matter of fact, I E-mailed both Jeremy Borash and Jeff Jarrett on Saturday, March 11, the day before the banning. Here are those e-mails, the one to Jeremy being a little more personal, since I invited him (and he accepted) to live in my house after WCW went out of business since he told me he had no where else to live. He also visited me and stayed at my place on the beach in Florida for July 4th weekend in 2003, so I thought we were friends, and felt like I could/should be more personal with him.

Hey Jeff,

It has been over a month since I gave you the idea to bring me in as the first active openly gay pro athlete in this country. Just wondering where you/TNA stand on the idea and if there has been any discussion of using me. I know you are very busy, but could you please respond to this E-mail as quickly as possible, so that I can continue to plan for my future. I would really appreciate that. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Chris "Kanyon" Klucsarits

I happened by his myspace page a few days ago and the main picture is him holding some sign that mentions him being gay. I think about 3/4 of his blog entries were also tied into him being gay.

Though I don't buy it for a second. I think this is just some cheap ploy to try and spark enough talk about him to get him hired by WWF or TNA.

I don't understand why he couldn't just come out of the closet and then that be the end of it. Why does it have to become some overbearing focal point of his life? Nothing should've changed and instead he's making it out like everything has changed.

OK, before Kanyon came out of the closet, he was a decent worker that put on decent matches and was pretty funny at times. Now, since he's come out of the closet, he is all "I'm gay, you're discriminating against me, blah, blah, blah." It's like he went down the Rosie O'Donnell path instead of the Ellen Degeneres path. He's coming off as fake. Woe is me. Pity me. It's gross.

No one cares, Chris. You're gay, that's great. Get over yourself.

The coming out doesn't bother me as much as the long editorials where he's only arguing with himself. It would be different if he was responding to something people actually cared enough about to talk about in detail, but he's not. Take some indy dates, work hard on improving your weaknesses and try to get some international tours. If you do all of that, are getting praised by a lot of people as being really good and still can't get a job, you might have a case. Until then, you don't.

And let's be honest. He wasn't that good for his one date with TNA and he was pretty out of shape. They booted Sean Waltman under similiar reasons and he's a much bigger name than Kanyon.

Besides he sounds like a tool when Pat Patterson is openly gay and well respected in the business.

Kanyon reminds me of those girls in high school that would say they were going to kill themselves just to get attention.

Guest savagerulz

Even if you don't believe a word of what he says you have to admit that's an interesting story... especially considering how big a role 1Bob plays in the company. As for his long editorials, that's not really new to him now that he's out of the closet.