Pro Wrestling Only

Bret Hart to Be Inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Strummer

PWInsider is saying that WWE isn't paying for Bret's appearance since he wants to "maintain his integrity" and not work for WWE again.

So I guess he didn't get a cut of those DVD sales, huh?

If true, it only furthers my belief that Bret is the world's biggest mark. Even more than hearing Road Dogg talk about Bret confronting him on the plane because Bret heard on the internet Road Dogg said he thought HBK was a better wrestler.

Yeah but I think Bret takes it to the next level of pure markishness. There's believing in your character to get to the top and stay there, and there's believing in your character to the point of getting into arguments with co-workers because they thought someone else was a better wrestler and working with the company you said for years you'd never work for again just to make sure they don't bury you and give you a proper sendoff.

I mean, according to Bret it was going to take and act of Congress and hell freezing over for him to ever work with Vince again, but in the end all it took was WWE threatening to release a burial DVD about him. There's guys who've had far less done to them by WWE who'd never work for them again.

There's guys who've had far less done to them by WWE who'd never work for them again.

Personally I think anyone would work for them again, even the Bruno Sammartino's and the Ultimate Warrior's, if Vince McMahon was willing to bow to their demands like he has done for Bret.

Guest Dangerous A

If I had more respect for WWE's HOF and didn't consider it a crock of shit, then this would be bigger news for me.

Good for Bret, I guess. Still doesn't make WM worth $50.00 they are charging.

Guest savagerulz

I probably should know this by now, but what is the beef between Bruno and WWE?

Initially it was simply a matter of creative differences. Bruno was an old skooler and had a serious dislike for the flash and the cartoon characters and the whole direction the young Vince took the company in when he took over the company.

It got real personal after the steriod and gay sexual harrassment charges hit the press, with them on opposite ends of talk shows where they spit venom at each other, and if I remember correctly he testified against the company when somebody sued them for something.

And it's fate that fences never get mended. He appeared on TV a year or two back, and was offered a legends contract or announcing job for some classics DVD or something... and wound up getting into it with Flair backstage and it not being a good scene. :D

Oh, and he was rabidly anti-steroid... funny when you consider how out of nowhere big David suddenly got early in his WWF run.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Good for Bret, since he's wanted to give one final good-bye and thanks for a while now.

I'll be even more happy if he gets inducted by all the members of Karachi Vice.  :D

They were a great heel stable! In fact, they were the only heel stable in Stampede for years and years, or so it seemed.