Pro Wrestling Only

TNA lays down the law

sek69

I think they're being punished so harshly more out of a petty jealousy over their loyalty to ROH than to send a message to the rest of their lockerroom.

It could've been a PWG show and they'd still be getting punished. They disobeyed a direct order from management. RoH isn't even on TNA's radar except for talent scouting.

Ridiculous. So what if they put themselves in a position to not make it; the fact is that they *did* make it. TNA is hardly in a position to "punish" any talent they have, as they need all the help they can get. I do agree that guys no-showing PPVs is a problem, but they can take that out on the guys that have actually no-showed, not guys that did show up and put other talent over.

The scenario wasn't a win-win for TNA no matter what happened. If they punished the guys like they have, there will be wonder if its only because of ROH and also the fact they actually did make it meaning they don't really need to be in the doghouse.

If they don't punish the guys, how would the other half that actually did go back on time feel? They would've been livid with the fact that they could've stayed too and nothing happened.

I would hafta say there must've been some compensation for the people who returned, simply because I don't think a lot of the wrestlers heading back would've went back simply because the company asked (not at this point anyways).

Also, didn't it mention that Aries and Strong were already in the doghouse before this, and just dug themselves deeper? Whatever already got them there might've already lent to the situation and could also be a combination of what previously happened and now.

Just echoing what most others are saying.

They made the show. If they didn't make the show, there would be plenty of reason for punishment. They made it.

If I am expecting bad weather over the weekend (like 3 feet of snow), my boss isn't going to tell me what I can and can't do to make sure I show up for work on Monday AM. If I make it to work, that's all that matters.

But this is TNA, land of the non-sensible. So more power to them to make examples!

Tim

Guest Jack D. Ripper

The way I read it, TNA asked, not ordered the workers to go early. Asking them and explaining the consequences of being late or missing the show, that's fine, If they aren't punished for being on time. I agree that TNA has no right to tell them what they can and can't do, prior to whenever TNA needs them to show up.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Tim hit the nail on the head. No employer has the right to tell their employees (much less independent contractors, if TNA has the same deal as WWE does with its wrestlers) what they can and cannot do before they start work for them. They showed up, they worked, they didn't half-ass it. This is a dumb move on TNA's part.