Pro Wrestling Only

WWE signs Shannon Moore

sek69

If WWE cared about the Cruisers, I'd say this was a good move since they have an angle with him and Helms just begging to play out.

Unfortunately, this was probably nothing more than a thumb in the eye to TNA and Moore will be jobbing on internet Velocity in 3 months.

Guest savagerulz

Oh well, doesn't really hurt TNA as he wasn't really adding anything to their shows. They struggled to find room for him.

It doesn't really add anything to the WWE either, and as you say, if Vince doesn't give a crap about the Cruiserweight's there, why should he expect me to?

Helms and Moore can produce great stuff and have in the past but they wouldn't really let them go anyway so it's all pointless. He'll just sit on Smackdown like the rest of them, nothing overly exciting.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

My boy Chuck Palumbo doesn't get his own thread? He's back, too.

As for Moore, I like him, but this move certainly is puzzling. It's not like he's a huge draw who is going to put TNA over the top. Very odd decision.

you have to love the way WWE comes up with ways to bury Hardy. I'm assuming he's going to qualify for MITB. He has no chance in hell of going over. All he'll do is risk injury while taking big bumps for the other wrestlers while not getting over at all in the end

This is HILARIOUS. While I was watching Destination X on Sunday, and was forced to sit through the Shannon Moore/Cassidy Riley match on the pre-show, I said to my friend:

"DAMMIT! THIS GUY SUCKS! He looks like an IDIOT with his "Prince of Punk" gimmick, he's boring and brings nothing to the table! If people are upset backstage about TNA bringing in guys who aren't "homegrown" talent, then rather than bitching about Sting or Steiner or whoever...why don't TNA start by getting rid of this moron?"

And then...Vince does it for TNA! YES! No more Moore on TNA! Thank Gawd! I HATED THAT GIMMICK! Anything that means I don't have to look at THIS anymore...

Posted Image

Is good!

On Sunday, he was wearing black eyeliner and nailpolish. GAH!

I like how Vince put the word out to sign everyone TNA is interested in, and all they've done is sign Moore and a bunch of guys TNA didn't even have interest in.

I chuckle at the thought of Vince in a classic Bond Villan pose thinking that signing Shannon will hurt TNA in any form whatsoever.

Guest bravesfan

I chuckle at the thought of Vince in a classic Bond Villan pose thinking that signing Shannon will hurt TNA in any form whatsoever.

It does hurt them if it spooks TNA into making sure all of their on-air performers have guaranteed contracts, whether they're useful or not. If finances become tight, they might cut ties with a few talented workers that may be beneficial to their success due to fear of Titan scooping them up.

I don't think this was the intended effect of the signing, but I'd expect a few witchhunts in the coming month.

Guest Cam Chaos

More money for less work? Sounds like a great job to me. Job being the key word. But still, good on him, he can write off another Hummer now.

Guest bravesfan

TNA is owned by an energy company. If their finances become tight, there'll be bigger problems than pro wrestling.

Finances that they allocate to TNA. They're still in debt to Panda, but at some point Panda will be saying "why are you spending MORE money?"

Guest SweetMama Scaat

TNA spent time and money copyrighting "Prince of Punk" as a gimmick, so theyre prolly a lil annoyed that right after the get the copyright Moore screws them over for a company that didnt want him in the first place. The WWE has never been high on Moore. Remember if it werent for Matt Hardys V1 spiel he wouldve gotten fired sooner.

IM glad Palumbos back. He seems to form an acceptable tag team with whomever hes paired with. I wouldnt mind Palumbo/Cade or something like that. As long as he doesnt do that "absorb partners personality" thing he had a tendency to do.

Test is back as well. What was the point of WWE firing these three in the first place?

Are they saving that much money?

Guest savagerulz

Apparently he has now accepted WWE's offer, but there never was a bidding war. TNA had an offer on the table already, WWE made an offer. End of. No bidding war took place at all.

From what I've read at least.

And it still wouldn't be the most ridiculous. Look at the amounts of money some of the most barely talented workers got during the Monday Night Wars. Brian Adams anybody?

Funny thing Meltzer pointed out today in Moore's WWE.com interview is when he was asked what he's done with his time since being released.

"I've been keeping busy on the independent circuit, and I went over to Japan for a while, which was great for me. I also did some work down south. Plus, I opened a small wrestling school, and I have four students that I've been training down here over the last few months."

Guest savagerulz

Although WWE has shown clear signs of wanting to take every possible step to win the talent war with TNA, it took more than Shannon Moore's mere existence to get his return WWE contract.

The Wrestling-Observer Newsletter reports that the former Julie Drozdov, Shannon Moore's girlfriend and WWE wardrobe employee, had been begging Johnny Ace to rehire the wrestler. Because Ace consistently blew her off, she decided to take the request straight to Vince McMahon.

Sources present at the TV taping in which she approached Vince say she gave the "pitch of a lifetime" in talking about what he could bring to the table. Specifically, she explained that Shannon Moore recently went over AJ Styles on an episode of iMPACT and was being pressured into signing a TNA contract, so if WWE did not scoop him up soon, it would lose out.

Most believe the news hit Jeff Jarrett hard, since the feeling is that he pushed for Moore's TNA debut largely as a favor to Drozdov, who makes his outfits.

When Moore starts with WWE, he will be on the SmackDown! brand.

Kind of amusing, and interesting, that someone had the balls to go straight to McMahon over something, and actually got their wish. Sounds like she did a great sales job. I'd guess that's the last favor she gets out of Jeff Jarrett, or Vince McMahon now though because Vince won't take her advice on hiring people back again once Moore bombs and ends up a worthless part of the roster once again.

Also, is she any relation to Darren Drozdov? Not the most common of names so I'd have thought maybe she is?