Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-13-Michinoku Pro] CIMA & SUWA & Sumo Fuji vs Dragon Kid & Tiger Mask IV & Ricky Marvin

soup23

I was excited to see how Marvin mixed it up with Crazy Max. Not surprisingly, it’s a pretty big blast. SUWA and Marvin do a pretty great sequence with each other leaving Fuji in amazement and pointing at Marvin asking who the fuck this guy is. After working over Tiger Mask some, CM goes right into the final sequence. Of course, tons of action in this section and a lot of neat stuff involving Marvin and CIMA. CIMA catches a rana attempt with a big powerbomb and puts Marvin away with the powerbomb. ***1/2 (6.9)

• 3 months later...

I didn't think this was that good, however I will say the idea of Ricky Marvin getting in the mix with Crazy MAX was awesome. His work with all of them was great, but the best was his the sequence you mentioned with SUWA. I really wish we'd get more Crazy MAX vs. Marvin interaction, but this seems like a rarity. Also CIMA didn't finish Marvin with the rana counter powerbomb, it was with the Iconoclasm followed up by the Mad Splash. The post match stuff with SUWA going after Dragon Kid's mask was a nice touch as its building towards their later hair vs. mask match.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-08-13-Michinoku Pro] CIMA & SUWA & Sumo Fuji vs Dragon Kid & Tiger Mask IV & Ricky Marvin