Pro Wrestling Only

Hell in a Cell 2017

The Thread Killer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the US Title Triple Threat was excellent, adding Tye Dillinger to that match was the absolute right move. I really think that made the match way more entertaining than it would have been if it had just been Corbin vs. Styles. It would have been sad to see Baron Corbin beat AJ Styles as Corbin is quite simply nowhere near the level of AJ Styles...so if they had to put the title on Corbin, it's just as well they did it this way. I thought Dillinger was excellent in this match, and Styles was great as well. Corbin was Corbin. Execute a move fairly competently, stomp around, shout at the fans, repeat.

With all the ping-pong title switches involving the US Title, that title is essentially meaningless at this point anyhow. I don't think losing it hurt Styles and I don't think winning it is really going to help Corbin. Not to mention, if they keep booking that title the way they have, it will just change hands a million more times over the next few months anyhow. The only way this helps Corbin is if they give him a half decent reign with some good title defenses over good challengers. Which they probably won't.

Natalya vs. Charlotte was really good, in my opinion. Much better than I was expecting. This show has definitely been good and has exceeded all expectations. Although, that's kind of damning it with faint praise, since nobody expected shit from this show.

Now that Jinder is in the ring, I fully expect the string of solid, watchable matches on this show to screech to a sudden halt.

Charlotte vs. Natalya - Natty doesn't really excel as a strong face or heel, and babyface Charlotte certainly doesn't feel right, but they more than made this match work. Strong, simple story around Charlotte's injured knee. I didn't even mind the finish as the chair shots were on point and looked really strong. This show is absolutely over-delivering.

***1/4

I think Natalya is a really good heel. After seeing enough Total Divas I would never want to be around her for any length of time.

That WWE Championship match was a million times better than their match at Summerslam, but it still wasn't all that great. And booking Mahal that strongly still baffles me, India tour plans or not. Nakamura is pretty much toast as a Main Event level guy after getting beaten by Mahal two PPV's in a row.

Bobby Roode has just killed this crowd. They should play his entrance song in a loop like New Jack because that is the only thing people actually care about.

Ziggler isn't helping but the fans have given up on him such a long time ago there is nothing he can do

Damn it this feud is going to continue

That Roode/Ziggler match was not so good. I don't know if it was because nobody gives a crap about Ziggler anymore, or if it's because Roode isn't catching on with the fans, but whatever the reason, that match just didn't connect with anybody...and I had thought the crowd was pretty loud otherwise tonight.

As far as this Main Event? So far, bleh. Shane's punches are so lame, and he looks so sloppy with everything he does. (As so he should, since he's not really a wrestler.) Owens just doesn't do it for me, either. If only shouting made you good, Owens would be great.

Are my ears deceiving me, or are some fans cheering Owens?

Stunned that this cage is holding up to all these moves.

And the camera almost missed the damn fall. Chances are they won't miss this one from Shane. Shane landed on his fucking shoulder. That was so worse than the Taker fall

In a night where the camera work has been horrible, the reveal of Sami as the guy who help Kevin was perfect

To me, there is just something fundamentally stupid and wrong-headed with headlining a Pay Per View with that match. Aside from everything else, if you watch it totally dispassionately it just wasn't a very good match. It was way too long, and it was sloppy and dangerous. There is no need to put guys at that kind of risk, screwing around up there on top of that cage, 20 feet in the air. It's not safe, and it conditions the fans to expect stupid, pointless bumps. And on top of all that, one of the participants isn't even really a wrestler. I just think the whole thing is stupid.